Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Herstory Begins Now posted:

So it's been decided that in light of thread complaints about 1.0 kdr obsession in the discord, .8kdr is the new minimum kdr for chat and voice privileges. If you are sub .8kdr and wish to talk, you'll need to find a 1.0kdr or greater player to approve each individual voice request.

tough, but fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
My new video on killing afks is going to be so popular

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Are people really that obsessed with stats or is it more of a jokey thing? I just play to have fun, and I stick to NA servers because I'd rather have a decent connection than "easier" opponents and weird lag issues.

I suck but I'm an old man with old man reflexes so whatever. Seems like there's a lot of salt that goes around w/ this game for some reason.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

DrNutt posted:

Are people really that obsessed with stats or is it more of a jokey thing? I just play to have fun, and I stick to NA servers because I'd rather have a decent connection than "easier" opponents and weird lag issues.

I suck but I'm an old man with old man reflexes so whatever. Seems like there's a lot of salt that goes around w/ this game for some reason.

i like watching my stats go up

stat tracking is buggy atm though, its not counting games. Also pubg.me had an update I think, so now the discord bot doesn't work for all servers

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
in a game with skill based matchmaking, less than 0.8 kdr signifies some kind of mental disability or debilitating physical deformity, so it's kind of cruel to single those people out by denying them voice chat privileges

on that basis, i oppose the new policy

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zo posted:

in a game with skill based matchmaking, less than 0.8 kdr signifies some kind of mental disability or debilitating physical deformity, so it's kind of cruel to single those people out by denying them voice chat privileges

on that basis, i oppose the new policy

It's a game in which you can, with some consistency, come in top 10 (with way more consistency top 20) without even firing a shot.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
If anyone wants to be in my stuntin club you must be pulling a 1.0 SPG (stunt per game) or I won't even let you on the back of my bike to find the best jumps

Not really you just gotta have fun it's not even a club, yet

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

If anyone wants to be in my stuntin club you must be pulling a 1.0 SPG (stunt per game) or I won't even let you on the back of my bike to find the best jumps

Not really you just gotta have fun it's not even a club, yet
I hate how the military island bridges have some sweet ramps but there's a bunch of other poo poo in the way on the run up so you can even hit them properly. :(

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The silos next to the runway - those are the dream

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I just crashed my second backflip right into a buggy of two enemies :(((

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
A friend said that Nvidia Experience's preset settings helped his FPS. Curious to see the results, me and another friend queued solo on the Asia server (We were in separate games).

Both of us got #1 with little effort. :psyduck: On any other server I would have made mistakes that would be punished with instant death. People would catch me with my pants down and surround me, only to just sort of run in a straight line away from me. Last guy hid in pictured shack and died to gas. He had at least a couple of opportunities to absolutely destroy me as I was dealing with the 3rd place guy.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Because you have zero mmr on Asia so you're up against absolute beginners.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
That could be it. I assumed MMR would be shared between regions though.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It isn't, but Smookie(PUBG Dev) said on his stream that it will be eventually.

Asia still seems easier to me though, even at zero MMR on other regions I don't steamroll them like I do on AS.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
LMAO nut up and play on NA (or Europe, or wherever the hell is actually where you are) you big babies.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I remember Asians being abysmal at shooters 15 years ago while living there, has the interest for shooters increased there at all?
If not I could see why they aren't reacting as you expect.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I think a couple of the various Counter-Strike derivatives are popular in Asia and I know that Overwatch got huge in South Korea. I'm sure the server will be full of people ready to K98k me from across the map if I try that bullshit again.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Me and my buddies frequently get Asians filling the fourth man slot and we exclusively play on NA so the street goes both ways.

Our best ambush ever was headed up by someone that I think was from Taiwan.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Dear Mr. Battlegrounds,

Please never patch out the dumb fire that shoots out of the plane.

XOXOX,

Peacock

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The trails come from people burning from last-second molotovs :ssh:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Parallel Playa posted:

The trails come from people burning from last-second molotovs :ssh:

It is a responsibility and a pleasure to be the one to make this happen :patriot:

Shima Honnou posted:

Me and my buddies frequently get Asians filling the fourth man slot and we exclusively play on NA so the street goes both ways.

Our best ambush ever was headed up by someone that I think was from Taiwan.

I know my strengths and weaknesses, I'm good mid range and close, but I'm rear end at longer distances, I went random into a squad, two guys get handed their business by playing loud, so it's me and some highly possibly Chinese guy, I trade him my sks and the 4x scope from my scar for the ump and a 2x, he proceeded to at leisure about three or four guys, and I had high ground, mid ranged someone hiding behind a rock, and we stole that drat chicken dinner.

Another round, I was providing covering fire, got dinged, they didn't stop to return fire, they looted while I died, then they holed up in the bathroom until they got mowed down :suicide:

It's hit or miss, but often unexpected

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
attacking some gaylord inside a house only to have all your bullets absorbed by a windowsill is frustrating

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Calling someone Gaylord for playing the game is an extremely goon thing to say

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Of the 7 squad wins I have with my crew, four of them have been three of us with a random fourth, and in two of those the random pulled out the win with the rest of us dead. We keep talking about how we'll creatively murder magapepe1488 'by accident' when we get matched with him, but all of our pubbie fourths have been pleasant. After 20 years of online gaming this is very weird to me

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Calling someone Gaylord for playing the game is an extremely goon thing to say

Bushes only, everything else is inferior.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

DrNutt posted:

KDR is never a joke. In games like battlefield where there are objectives other than just kill everyone else, kdr isn't that important. In this game the entire point is to kill everyone and you're going to die any round you don't win. KDR is absolutely a measure of how good you are.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The entire point is to be the last person alive. The guy who gets 5 kills then dies 6th is a lot further away from winning than the guy who gets to the final 2 without killing anyone.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The entire point is to be the last person alive. The guy who gets 5 kills then dies 6th is a lot further away from winning than the guy who gets to the final 2 without killing anyone.

the guiy with kills 5 is going to be a heck of a lot more likely to get to the top 2 and then go on to win than a dork in a bush with 2 redbulls and a vector

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Irony Be My Shield posted:

that's all true in theory, but the discord bot pulls up win rate too and for some reason win rate is correlated with kdr (to some extent anyway)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Technically speaking, someone with a 98.0 KDR could have 0 wins, and someone with 0 kills ever could win every single game they played. While KDR is generally an indicator of skill, it doesn't mean everything.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Hot tip for goons new to pubg. Wait until the plane throws you out and then just kill all the afk people to pad your K/D. This way you can get into any team in the discord.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will attest that winning with 0 kills is possible. It's not overly satisfying when you have no idea who the last guy was, but it is possible.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Elentor posted:

I will attest that winning with 0 kills is possible. It's not overly satisfying when you have no idea who the last guy was, but it is possible.

It's actually not that difficult (if you see winning with kills as the base case) - you just need the zone to end in a house, preferably one with multiple levels, with you stuck on another than the other guy and be able to successfully pre-Medkit heal yourself.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Technically speaking, someone with a 98.0 KDR could have 0 wins, and someone with 0 kills ever could win every single game they played. While KDR is generally an indicator of skill, it doesn't mean everything.

this is some bitch poo poo

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i like to win by killing the other people until theres not anyone left to kill

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

If you're playing solo, you're right. KDR doesn't matter. If you're playing duos or squads, it absolutely matters since hiding and avoiding fights -that your team is engaged in- doesn't help your teammates.

violent sex idiot posted:

i like to win by killing the other people until theres not anyone left to kill

Never not this.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Weird going from playing with goons to playing with friends.

"Hey, I see a guy!" blamblamblam
"Where?"
"Over by that tree! Aw, I'm dead. You see him?"

Over by that tree, huh? Wow, you are really narrowing this down

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

ellbent posted:

Weird going from playing with goons to playing with friends.

"Hey, I see a guy!" blamblamblam
"Where?"
"Over by that tree! Aw, I'm dead. You see him?"

Over by that tree, huh? Wow, you are really narrowing this down

It might seem like we're being assholes -and to be fair, sometimes we are- but there are good reasons that we're serious about callouts. It's the single most useful thing in a squad match, literally the difference between winning and losing.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
I finally picked up a solo chicken dinner this weekend, but I feel it won't really be a win until I post it here in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

We won that game

• Locked thread