Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

You had a good run, Justin, but it's over, Trevor's taking the bears to the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

What happens to Nick Foles? Don’t they still have him under contract?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Nick Foles is still on the team, his contract highly disincentivizes cutting him, so his job is to be traded during the season or to teach Trevor Siemian what it’s like to lead a team to the Super Bowl

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bears save $3m if they cut Foles and Siemian signed for $2m a year so Foles is just gonna get cut as soon as they give up on hoping someone will trade a 7th rounder for him

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol good luck

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1507364729123381253?s=19

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

don't count out Touchdown Trevor

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I have to be honest I watched nearly every snap of Siemian's in college and even for a northwestern quarterback he was pretty bad and only successful when he was used as the slow "passing quarterback" in a platoon with Kain Colter (also he was against the northwestern players union, boo) and I have never understood why he is in the NFL but I must semi-ironically support a Wild Cat.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1507411570766323712

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Lions are re-living the glory days

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1507439640789327878

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Davis always had a ton of potential he just never lived up to (at least partly because Patricia was atrocious at both coaching players and putting them in positions to succeed), so I'm interested to see how he performs under Campbell and Glenn. I certainly don't hate it, especially if it's a cheap deal.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Use him as an edge rusher and no place else.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No need for Hutchinson now, trade down, Holmes!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

MJeff posted:

No need for Hutchinson now, trade down, Holmes!

I’ve three mock drafts in the last two days from as many sources that say Mailk Willis is going to the Lions at 2, and I will scream at the TV until i’m hoarse if that happens.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Gonz posted:

I’ve three mock drafts in the last two days from as many sources that say Mailk Willis is going to the Lions at 2, and I will scream at the TV until i’m hoarse if that happens.

With joy? ...and spittle

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Gonz posted:

I see no reason to really doubt the new Lions GM / Coach so far, so if Malik Willis is drafted at 2 overall, cool.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

ZombieCrew posted:

With joy? ...and spittle

Ultimately, i’d rather they trade down a few spots and obtain more draft capital than draft a dude who is raw as hell, has happy feet, and played practically nobody at Liberty.

They need to shore up their edge rush, linebackers and safeties, and will probably grab another WR in the first three rounds. I remain unsold on any QB’s in the draft this year. Stick with Goff another season, then see what the QB situation looks like next spring, be it in the draft or free agency or trade market.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gonz posted:

Ultimately, i’d rather they trade down a few spots and obtain more draft capital than draft a dude who is raw as hell, has happy feet, and played practically nobody at Liberty.

:what:

Jerry Falwell’s university?!

And he’s expected to be one of the top QBs drafted?!

:laffo::roflolmao::lol:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Gonz posted:

This sounds oddly familiar to NVP. Unproven raw talent from a near nobody school. Surely a cant miss opportunity. Maybe they will trade up to get him.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ZombieCrew posted:

This sounds oddly familiar to NVP. Unproven raw talent from a near nobody school. Surely a cant miss opportunity. Maybe they will trade up to get him.

North Carolina isn’t exactly a football powerhouse but it’s not Liberty.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The Packers have signed a cornerback named Keisean Nixon. Quoting from an article:

Nixon appeared in 40 games and made two starts during his three seasons with the Raiders. He made 20 tackles on defense and 18 on special teams. He had a team-high nine tackles on special teams as a rookie in 2019.

This move reunites Nixon with new Packers special teams coach Rich Bisaccia, who went 7-6 as the Raiders’ interim head coach last season after the resignation of Jon Gruden. Bisaccia had been the Raiders’ special teams coordinator before taking over for Gruden.

The 24-year-old Nixon joined the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2019. He played two years at South Carolina after transferring from Arizona Western College.

I'm guessing this is a favorite of Bisaccia's? Whatever, fine with me; I'm happy to use the end of the roster for special teams standouts.

Other fun facts:

- He's Snoop Dogg's nephew.
- He returned a few kicks his rookie season.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Yea he basically is Yiadom’s replacement. That guy was so awful at corner he got benched after the first drive in a game and it gave Douglas a very early shot at playing time. Rest is history.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:what:

Jerry Falwell’s university?!

And he’s expected to be one of the top QBs drafted?!

:laffo::roflolmao::lol:

Yes. He's been an NFL prospect for a while.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

With Sullivan going to Minnesota it's practically guaranteed that Jaire will be in the "star" role and Stokes / Douglas on the boundary.

It's wild how quickly the secondary has turned around.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's wild how quickly the secondary has turned around.

I've grown accustomed to the long cycle of having our draft capital at cornerback never ever work out and scraping along until we find an UDFA who can actually ball. It's really weird finally hitting on draft picks while still also getting these random free agents who can cover.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've grown accustomed to the long cycle of having our draft capital at cornerback never ever work out and scraping along until we find an UDFA who can actually ball. It's really weird finally hitting on draft picks while still also getting these random free agents who can cover.

Gutey rocks

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

He sucks at WRs and the Jordan Love fiasco was a waste of a first rounder.

I used to be a “Fire Gutey,” guy, now I’m just neutral.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
He doesn't "suck at WR" - he simply hasn't used high draft capital on one because it's the least important position after running back.

E; yes, I mean WR2+ because he was given Davante.

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 26, 2022

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not using any meaningful capital on the position so you have no depth and you wind up in a situation where your 200 million dollar QB has nobody to throw to besides "maybe we'll draft somebody?????" would probably count as "sucking" at that position, I would think.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'd say it's likely nobody thought Davante would leave because they're a dumb organization and wasting draft capital shooting for another stud wide receiver is a bit of a gamble when you have some pretty glaring holes elsewhere and the best player in the league at the position. I think you can criticize him for being a loving moron taking Love over Higgins, sure. Amari Rodgers did not look great either. And! I do think Gute has just an okay overall draft history with some big hits but not that incredible overall. If he misses on both WRs I'm assuming we take, Amari doesn't improve at all, and we miss on a vet in FA? Sure, he's bad.

Stud WR1 isn't a hugely important position in the offense LaFleur wants to run and Rodgers isn't getting any younger, also.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it doesn't matter what the packers do, they will always have a hall of fame quarterback and kick our lovely teams' asses, is my assessment of this Cursed Division

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you motherfuckers aren't ready for Touchdown Trevor

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

it doesn't matter what the packers do, they will always have a hall of fame quarterback and kick our lovely teams' asses, is my assessment of this Cursed Division

Even more evidence that we live in hell

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1508435898207289357

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Meh, the in season edition they did with the Colts was a far more interesting format. How many more times can we see a crappy team go through training camp?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

looks like knees are back on the menu boys

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Jamaal Williams on Hard Knocks hell yeah

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
AG and Deuce talking poo poo all camp

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lets fuckin go.

Gonna make a playlist of Muscle Coaches speeches for my gym workouts and im gonna deadlift a house.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lions might get the 2024 draft too as the rumour was they'd have it if they took Hard Knocks, but that might have been in-season one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Meh, the in season edition they did with the Colts was a far more interesting format. How many more times can we see a crappy team go through training camp?

Yeah but this will have Dan Campbell in it.