Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Slowly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Yy4SfJksU

Shep is not a shill, not by any possible stretch of the imagination. But he's either gone insane, or just enjoys loving with people.

I would go with the latter just because I imagine working at Fox is like-24-7 :argh: and :freep: and dude just gotta have some fun sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Shep Smith is a man who just got a gig dedicated entirely to loving around with cool and comically over-sized electronic toys that probably cost more than some houses, where he can pretty much just read poo poo off of Twitter and call it a day before descending into a rambling diatribe about whatever he fancies at that particular moment.

Say what you want about whether he's just another Fox goon that happens to be likable or some deep-cover saboteur, but you've got to respect a man that got Roger Ailes to front the bill for a personal geek-cave. I mean, can you imagine what The True Blood would like like on one of those tablets? :allears:

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Fulchrum posted:

Slowly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Yy4SfJksU

Shep is not a shill, not by any possible stretch of the imagination. But he's either gone insane, or just enjoys loving with people.

My favorite Shep moment was the time he reported on a bill that would criminalize making death threats/threats of violence towards elected officials other than ones under Secret Service protection.

"Wow, a lot of people on Fox Nation are probably going to end up in jail!"

Then he actually pulls up Fox Nation on a nearby computer and starts reading posts containing death threats while laughing his rear end off.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

My favorite Shep moment was the time he reported on a bill that would criminalize making death threats/threats of violence towards elected officials other than ones under Secret Service protection.

"Wow, a lot of people on Fox Nation are probably going to end up in jail!"

Then he actually pulls up Fox Nation on a nearby computer and starts reading posts containing death threats while laughing his rear end off.

Please tell me you have a video link.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Meanwhile on the Fox News rapist apologist hour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6rKXKSjmos

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Spacedad posted:

Have we talked about how great Shep Smith is?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Not Right Wing media exactly but this made me do a double take. My wife and I were driving the other day and she decided it was time to cancel our OnStar account. So she hits the button, goes through their spiel and gets to the point where she is asked why we are cancelling. She mentions it's just a cost we don't feel like paying and the guy says out of nowhere "Are you cancelling because of Obamacare?". I had been silent through the call but I did a double take and just started laughing. The guy seemed offended and said "Well, we've just been getting a LOT of calls about that." and rushed us through the process.

It was strange - I didn't know if he was sharing his political views and lost the gamble or if he really was getting lots of "Obamacare cancellations". I was a little rankled that he called it Obamacare but he might have just done it because that's what the media calls it, and thus his customers. It felt like we were on the cusp of having a Right Wing argument with a call center guy though. Just a really weird conversation overall.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Pope Guilty posted:

Please tell me you have a video link.

I'm 90% sure that it was featured on the Daily Show, but the website is terrible and won't let me search for it. Here's something pretty similar though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxvunbIWNyI

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Spacedad posted:

I love that the Young Turks uses the same Fox News tactic and put the gal on the side, showing off her legs.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

I love that the Young Turks uses the same Fox News tactic and put the gal on the side, showing off her legs.

It makes me sad that the one semi-prominent news show that isn't beholden to corporate money or ratings requirements is just a big smug liberal circlejerk.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

mr. mephistopheles posted:

It makes me sad that the one semi-prominent news show that isn't beholden to corporate money or ratings requirements is just a big smug liberal circlejerk.

There's also Democracy Now but that show is almost unlistenable because of the levels of smug and Amy Goodman reading fom the Bill O'Reilly playbook of "shouting over your interview guests".

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Boywhiz88 posted:

How is it the same tactic? Anna wears what she wants, and as far as I know there isn't a "chicks can't wear pants" policy for TYT like there is at Fox News. If Anna decides to wear a skirt to work then you're probably going to see her legs.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Legs aren't really the issue, it's the overall look. At least she doesn't look like a high-end call girl.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The lighting looks off in all but one camera angle in that TYT clip.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Does Cenk Uygur still deny the Armenian genocide?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More Shep

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Spacedad posted:

Yesssssss. You can see the gigantic touch screen computers in the background that are the dumbest things in the world.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Stereotype posted:

It is an awful lot like treason, which ironically is spelled out specifically in the constitution (the only crime defined in it):

So he isn't actually levying war against the US nor is he helping anyone who is, so he is fine, no treason.

It's pretty loving far from treason.

It is, however, practically the definition of sedition, but we hardly ever enforce laws against sedition anymore unless you're actively part of a hostile paramilitary. At which point it's generally an additional charge tossed on top of "illegal possession of explosives" and "conspiracy to murder federal employees".

Edit: or unless you're a Puerto Rican nationalist, but who cares about those.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BUSH 2112 posted:

He also hilariously segued from literally screaming into the mic to doing a commercial for Goldline.
Those segues are prerecorded, often the tirade goes TOO far off the rails and there's a hard mic cut to the goldline.

To be fair Savage is the only one of these stupid assholes who is that crazy. The segment was about how what America needs to "get back on the right path" is a Nationalist party and look at all the good it is doing them having one in Greece.

He stressed that it has nothing to do with race and it is about "language, culture, and borders" which totally isn't any sort of dogwhistle for anything.

Yes, a Jewish man said all this.
The only dog whistle is for the book: Trickle Up Poverty!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

I no longer have any sort of doubt that this man is a professional troll. There's no way he isn't just loving with the world.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I no longer have any sort of doubt that this man is a professional troll. There's no way he isn't just loving with the world.

Or as it's called at Fox working.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah I used to like the Young Turks, but over time Cenk became more and more insufferable and just hearing him speak the Republican party's positions in a mocking, angry tone is really grating.

Honestly, take him outta the picture and TYT would be 100% better, easily.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Wait, that's real?

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

pentyne posted:

Wait, that's real?

It is real.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dorsey/fox-news-shep-smith-explaining-candy-crush-on-the-biggest-ta

He even goes off on how he's so hooked on Candy Crush that he has trouble reading the telepromter after focusing on his phone for so long before the show.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Pope Guilty posted:

Does Cenk Uygur still deny the Armenian genocide?

I don't think so, and he does have an Armenian cohost - though I do wonder what that's like behind the scenes. She's young, so it's hard to know what she thinks about it (ie, may not be like my elder relatives who don't talk to turkish people, no matter what).

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Boywhiz88 posted:

She looks like a normal woman in somewhat casual dress - sometimes she wears pants, and they don't place her deliberately in spots so she'll have her legs showing.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
It honestly doesn't matter what network we're talking about, the implication that an anchorwoman is only dressing a certain way for the ulterior motive of getting extra views kind of creeps me out. I recall O'Reilly or some other right-wing stooge making the same argument, so how about we not stoop to their level here.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Sunday Talk Show Roundup

FoxNews Sunday :foxnews:

Guests: Marco Rubio, Dick Durbin, and Roy Blunt

Panel: Editorial Writer for The Washington Post Charles Lane, White House Correspondent for The Associated Press Julie Pace, George Will, and Brit Hume

Meet The Press

Guests: Jack Lew, Benjamin Netanyahu, Chuck Schumer, and Tom Coburn

Panel: NY Times Columnist David Brooks; Washington Post Columnist E.J. Dionne; host of CNBC’s “Closing Bell,” Maria Bartiromo; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell.

Face The Nation

Guests: Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Mark Warner, and Mark Zandi, Chief Economist of Moody's Analytics

Panel: Stuart Rothenburg of the Rothenberg Political Report, Wall Street Journal's Gerald Seib, Time Magazine's Rana Faroohar and the Washington Post's Michael Gerson

This Week with George

Guests: Nancy Pelosi, Ted Cruz, and Jeb Bush

Panel: Rep. Donna Edwards, D.Md., Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., ABC news political analyst Matthew Dowd, and New York Times White House correspondent Peter Baker, author of the new book, “Days of Fire: Bush and Cheney in the White House.”

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Sir Tonk posted:

This Week with George

I can only see this ending with them all pointing .45s at one another a la John Woo.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Pander posted:

I can only see this ending with them all pointing .45s at one another a la John Woo.

I'd watch this movie.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

Sunday Talk Show Roundup

Panel: Editorial Writer for The Washington Post Charles Lane, White House Correspondent for The Associated Press Julie Pace, George Will, and Brit Hume

Meet The Press

Panel: NY Times Columnist David Brooks; Washington Post Columnist E.J. Dionne; host of CNBC’s “Closing Bell,” Maria Bartiromo; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell.

Face The Nation

Guests: Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Mark Warner, and Mark Zandi, Chief Economist of Moody's Analytics

Panel: Stuart Rothenburg of the Rothenberg Political Report, Wall Street Journal's Gerald Seib, Time Magazine's Rana Faroohar and the Washington Post's Michael Gerson

This Week with George

Panel: Rep. Donna Edwards, D.Md., Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., ABC news political analyst Matthew Dowd, and New York Times White House correspondent Peter Baker, author of the new book, “Days of Fire: Bush and Cheney in the White House.”

Is John McCain OK? Something seems amiss if it's Sunday and he's not on a talk show.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lindsay Graham is there so nobody will notice

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

I was listening to something called the Bauer & Rose Show on Sirius Patriot when I caught this gem.

"This is a different America from the America of the 1980's. Romney got as much of the white vote as Reagan did, and he got clobbered. We're going to have to change some of our stances even though we hate it, we've got change a few things if we want to win big elections again. I hate it, but America's changed."

You're not supposed to say that out loud, idiot. :ughh:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I was listening to something called the Bauer & Rose Show on Sirius Patriot when I caught this gem.

"This is a different America from the America of the 1980's. Romney got as much of the white vote as Reagan did, and he got clobbered. We're going to have to change some of our stances even though we hate it, we've got change a few things if we want to win big elections again. I hate it, but America's changed."

You're not supposed to say that out loud, idiot. :ughh:

Well that would be one of the few conservatives that would actually acknowledge the need to change anything aside from "messaging" since the 2008 and 2012 elections. I think it's fine to acknowledge that they hate having to change (anyone with strong political opinions would), it's notable to actually acknowledge the need to change stances. And rare.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

redshirt posted:

Is John McCain OK? Something seems amiss if it's Sunday and he's not on a talk show.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Lindsay Graham is there so nobody will notice

Yep. They're interchangeable.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Sir Tonk posted:

Sunday Talk Show Roundup

Meet The Press

Face The Nation

This Week with George

Geez. I love how conservatives just can't seem to get a fair shake and equal time from the establishment liberal media and find a way to get their voices heard in the mainstream press.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Sir Tonk posted:

Palin has a right wing talking points bingo like ten seconds in, but she just keeps going.
It's like Ailes put the fear of God in her about staying on message and she's reacting in Britney Spears fashion and just yakking out as many of the words her handlers have told her that she can remember. Eventually, she'll accidentally sing an entire right wing We Didn't Start The Fire without even knowing it.

Sir Tonk posted:

Yep. They're interchangeable.
Next up, pinch hitting for John McCain, it's Lindsey "The Dandy" Graham! That puts Lieberman on deck for next inning, for those of you keeping track at home.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 21, 2013

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a term for when Drudge Report links to a website not in the rightwing echosphere and a bunch of psychopaths descend on the comments section? It's always hilarious to see people perplexed as to why a bunch of people start spouting off about Benghazi in an article about a new Humger Games movie trailer.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is there a term for when Drudge Report links to a website not in the rightwing echosphere and a bunch of psychopaths descend on the comments section? It's always hilarious to see people perplexed as to why a bunch of people start spouting off about Benghazi in an article about a new Humger Games movie trailer.

A LoonRush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

DaveWoo posted:

I remember that Bruce Hornsby's "The Way It Is" used to be part of Hannity's intro theme way back when. Don't know if it still is.

I remember both Everlast's "What It's Like" and Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al" being used to hock cars or something. Like, two anthems about hard-luck stories and the homeless...