Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Jack_tripper posted:

instead of "pm me for details" you should just pick 2 players each battle and gay marry them in chat

Oooh, on the same side or opposite sides?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Same side, duh. Opposite side would be hetero.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

winterwerefox posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm loving dying.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

French Armies ign is TheFrenchArmy right? This is important.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Today is a blessed day, for finally gays can wait for marriage like god intended.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
There was a Obj. 704 in one of my matches who asked if anyone on our team supported the gay marriage decision and got a bunch of positive responses. So he sat in base the rest of the match and called people "cretins" and "degenerates" instead of playing the game. The butthurt is so strong.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

That's goddamn hilarious.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
None of the awful viewpoints should surprise anyone, the WoT playerbase probably skews heavily towards 35+ conservatives.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Got the 100mm on my KV-85. Great gun, but my win rate suffers when not platooning. Observe:

My own team kept running between me and the heavies/TDs I was targeting, most of the broadside to them peeking from between buildings whereas I had spent most of my time flanking and sidescraping. My teammates did make good cover though, so I'll give them that. It was just a bad game in general.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

winterwerefox posted:

Holy poo poo this is great.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm trying to do LT-15 but I keep getting either maps that are wholly unsuited for light tanks, or teams full of wolfpacking mediums who don't leave anything for me to spot, or both. Of course, tracking assistance damage counts too, but gently caress trying to proactively work towards that instead of just taking opportunities as they come. Then there's also the business of doing enough direct damage.

ugghhhh I just want that fourth tanker lady for the Charioteer, why you gotta be like this, game

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
You can buy a BT-SV on the EU server this weekend.... for 100 EUR (30,500 gold included, so it's almost free!). Don't think I'll go for it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

TheFluff posted:

You can buy a BT-SV on the EU server this weekend.... for 100 EUR (30,500 gold included, so it's almost free!). Don't think I'll go for it.

Given that people were paying over $100 to buy the boxed set that came with way less secondary incentives, for collectors that's not an awful deal. It's just still not worth $100.

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
Is the entire weekend 2x and not just first victory?

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
it's more that every time a collectable tank bundled with a shitload of gold nobody ever wants crops up serves as a reminder of how loving determined WG is to milk its customers. I really hope AW pulls through even if I never end up playing it because they need some sort of incentive not to do this poo poo.

e: yeah every victory. Good time for grinding out new lines if you can deal with how bad the level of play is going to be

Rech
Dec 26, 2011

:flaccid:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Trying to get the kill X number of tanks higher or same tier as you in my arty and MM keeps making me one of the 3 big dicks what the hell.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
loving finally got the first LT-15. Need a total of 4k points of direct and assistance damage combined, and I got 5,2k of just assistance damage alone, with 1k direct on top for good measure.

Now just to grind through the Challenger...

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
So, I finally elited and sold the M3 Lee and got into the T1 Heavy. From what I see in the stats of pretty much all the US heavy tanks, I assume I should be peaking over ridges and using gun depression in pretty much every match?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If I repeatedly ram my tank into a friendly and I simple take damage and they don't will they have to pay compensation?

VVV drat.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 27, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

BadLlama posted:

If I repeatedly ram my tank into a friendly and I simple take damage and they don't will they have to pay compensation?

No, in collisions the one that's going faster is considered the guilty party.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Mäuschen trip report: gently caress you WG.

<shotDispersionFactors>
<vehicleMovement>0.4</vehicleMovement>
<vehicleRotation>0.4</vehicleRotation>
</shotDispersionFactors>
<turretRotation>0.28</turretRotation>

fuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuu.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Aslain's mod pack now includes a mod for 6th sense icons and sound alerts of the dog in the Rudy tank and it's just the best. :3:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Prav posted:

Mäuschen trip report: gently caress you WG.

<shotDispersionFactors>
<vehicleMovement>0.4</vehicleMovement>
<vehicleRotation>0.4</vehicleRotation>
</shotDispersionFactors>
<turretRotation>0.28</turretRotation>

fuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuu.

I assume the "chen" in "Mäuschen" means "hat".

nice hat.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I actually bounced a 311 pen shot on that hat.

But good lord what a loving turd of a tank. Miserably slow even by superheavy standards and armored like a loving Maus - which gets really loving unimpressive when you have enough turret bloom and aim time (3 point loving 3 - 3,5 if you use the joke gun) that angling the turret in-between shots is hugely impractical. Oh boy.

I think my favorite detail is that it gets a base reload of 13 seconds with the stock 10,5 L/67. That's 1476 DPM on a T9 baby. With 0,28 turret bloom, of course.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress nazis and gently caress their tanks and gently caress anyone who thinks German tanks are underpowered. You want to see underpowered German tanks? Here motherfuckers, have a Mäuschen.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

So, uh, I'm assuming I should take advantage of the 2x weekend and finish off the VK 4502B?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mmkay posted:

So, uh, I'm assuming I should take advantage of the 2x weekend and finish off the VK 4502B?

That would be appropriate, yes. Dear Ausf B was to sweet for this world.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

That would be appropriate, yes. Dear Ausf B was to sweet for this world.

It turns out having the best frontal armor in the game at tier 9 while also only being slightly worse than the E-75 in most other ways is probably too good for tier 9.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Nonsense :colbert:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Prav posted:

I think my favorite detail is that it gets a base reload of 13 seconds with the stock 10,5 L/67. That's 1476 DPM on a T9 baby. With 0,28 turret bloom, of course.

Ahahahaha wait wait wait this gets even better. That's not the KT top gun, nor is it the stock gun, it's some entirely new Mäuschen-exclusive mandatory unlock that'd suck rear end on a T7 and costs 44k to research. What the gently caress Wargaming.

Also the engines are fabulously priced. I like the second one, it gives you 8% extra horsepower for a mere 42k exp.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Of course, the big question is, with the upcoming AP/HEAT/APCR nerfs, is the Maus going to be actually viable, and is that why they're positioning the Mauschen to be the shittiest grind in WoT?

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Of course, the big question is, with the upcoming AP/HEAT/APCR nerfs, is the Maus going to be actually viable, and is that why they're positioning the Mauschen to be the shittiest grind in WoT?

No, it isn't.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Prav posted:

Ahahahaha wait wait wait this gets even better. That's not the KT top gun, nor is it the stock gun, it's some entirely new Mäuschen-exclusive mandatory unlock that'd suck rear end on a T7 and costs 44k to research. What the gently caress Wargaming.

Also the engines are fabulously priced. I like the second one, it gives you 8% extra horsepower for a mere 42k exp.

jesus christ wargaming go gently caress yourself

e: not that the 4502b in its current state should stay but still

yaay fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 28, 2015

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I saw a Lowe today. He managed to fire three shots in the entire game, all of them HE. He also drove straight into me, and then straight into a wall. He has a higher global win rate than mine. It was equally perplexing and depressing. I meanwhile had the most catastrophically bad session in memory. gently caress you, Tanks. You fickle bitch.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It's actually a bit hard to describe just how bad the tank is. Every match is this fascinating horrorshow of crippled multispectrum inadequacy.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
What the top gun on that baby maus?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

AlmightyPants posted:

Die Käsebalkongerät.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

AlmightyPants posted:

The Maus gun, but with utterly crippled acc, ROF. bloom and aim time. There's also a gimmick 15 cm that's even less accurate and only gets 225 pen with no gold shell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Argus Zant posted:

the entire purpose of free xp is to buy the better modules for tanks so you don't need to grind on stock

don't suffer through a lovely stock gun if you can just buy the better one with free xp

in fact, save yourself a headache and don't even buy a new tank unless you've got enough free xp to get it off the garbage it starts off with

seriously i can't imagine unlocking a tier7+ tank and not instanty unlocking the tracks at the very least with free xp.

i simply refuse the mere concept of grinding for tracks. grinding for the priviledge of using other poo poo.