Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It's kinda weird and cool that they're still interested in building on the 'stellar corporate' narrative in little ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think it's a joke about the people who found monarch in the PC version and leaked it.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I love me some fine lore

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wazzit posted:

Side note, is the group chat on PS4 all Goons or did it start with a few goons and over time ended up with a bunch of randoms

I think it was all goons until the last couple of weeks and a ton of people have been added that I'm pretty sure aren't from SA. For the most part everyone has been cool so no biggie but I'm not sure what happened there.

That's actually happened with every goon gaming group I've ever been in at some point haha.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's a group of people that like TF/, not necessarily goon, no

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY WITH MORE ROBBITS!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Trailing incoming tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/867451662545240064

Really hope they have some actual new maps coming down the pipeline. Relic is a decent map but I'd really like to see a brand new map designed from the ground up for TF2.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wazzit posted:

Trailing incoming tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/867451662545240064

Really hope they have some actual new maps coming down the pipeline. Relic is a decent map but I'd really like to see a brand new map designed from the ground up for TF2.

Glitch proved they could make banging maps, id love more innovative maps geared toward wall running. A live fire map that's mostly vertical or wide open and criss crossed by wallrun paths would be neat.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah Glitch is great, at this point I think they should just go hog wild and make some wild maps

I wouldn't mind some sort of playlist preference that was newer maps only

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

:clint:

https://giant.gfycat.com/FormalRightHarpseal.mp4

My attempt at Gamesager-level gameplay, but without the "2005 Hot Topic" catalog look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErlicGsiRq4

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

7 titan kills in one attrition match. hot drat.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

New DLC trailer out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeaxj8k_3U

It's got the old TF1 music going on :allears:

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 25, 2017

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Wazzit posted:

New DLC trailer out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeaxj8k_3U

It's got the old TF1 music going on :allears:

New execution is kinda lame.

The Prime executions on the other hand, are bitch'n.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 25, 2017

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah, new cloak execution is a kind of lackluster.

http://i.imgur.com/6nWbY09.gifv

Monarch's execution comes with a free battery from the looks of it? A pretty badass execution.

http://i.imgur.com/0WS6wZz.gifv

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
I'm at work and can't really look up stuff for this update, but what is Monarch all about?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Carebearz posted:

I'm at work and can't really look up stuff for this update, but what is Monarch all about?

New free titan, basically vanguard class, has the chaingun

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Tone Prime Execution

http://i.imgur.com/TkC58RB.gifv

Ronin Prime Execution

http://i.imgur.com/Cga9UHG.gifv

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Carebearz posted:

Her thing seems to be shields and a customizable upgrade tree. She can zap enemies to slow them down and generate shields for herself, and also give shields to friendly Titans (I think). When she uses her core she recharges her shield and gains an "upgrade", with a variety of options you can choose from. I think she can upgrade 3 times? But obviously if you lose your Titan your new one is back at square one.

Main weapon is the chain gun from the campaign, ordnance is unguided rocket salvo, tactical is "rearm" (instant completion of cooldowns), and defensive is the energy siphon.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

runchild posted:

Her thing seems to be shields and a customizable upgrade tree. She can zap enemies to slow them down and generate shields for herself, and also give shields to friendly Titans (I think). When she uses her core she recharges her shield and gains an "upgrade", with a variety of options you can choose from. I think she can upgrade 3 times? But obviously if you lose your Titan your new one is back at square one.

Main weapon is the chain gun from the campaign, ordnance is unguided rocket salvo, tactical is "rearm" (instant completion of cooldowns), and defensive is the energy siphon.

thanks, this is a much better answer than "Is robit, has a gun"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

This game is good.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Honestly the new primes have neat skins but their executions seem much to be desired. Like tone is just ion/legion combined. Ronin, yay slashy I guess. Couldn't do something neat with the phase shift?

Looking forward to everyone playing monarch for the next week or so. Probably good time to be maining ion (sup wazzzit)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Honestly the new primes have neat skins but their executions seem much to be desired. Like tone is just ion/legion combined. Ronin, yay slashy I guess. Couldn't do something neat with the phase shift?

Looking forward to everyone playing monarch for the next week or so. Probably good time to be maining ion (sup wazzzit)

The Tone Prime execution is basically just one of BT's executions ripped from the campaign.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kinda disappointed in tone/ronins prime look. NorthStar and Scorch ended up looking the coolest by far imo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

NorthStar and Scorch ended up looking the coolest by far imo.

Well the coolest titans should look the coolest. :colbert:

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

veni veni veni posted:

Kinda disappointed in tone/ronins prime look. NorthStar and Scorch ended up looking the coolest by far imo.

You spelled Ion and Legion wrong.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Everything but the new Ronin and cloak execution looks awesome, and even those two things are obviously just kind of "meh," not actively game damaging or something. The monarch looks badass, and I will definitely be one of the enormous number of pilots providing everyone else with free kills while I'm soloing it for a while

e: any pilot model for any special power and loadout-specific titans next? :pray:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Does the Monarch DLC cost money, or is that just for the two primes?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Skyscraper posted:

Does the Monarch DLC cost money, or is that just for the two primes?

It's free :)

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Daztek posted:

It's free :)

Hooray! Thanks! I saw all the language in that video's description and thought they might be changing it up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want customizable pilot stuff next.

Carebearz posted:

You spelled Ion and Legion wrong.

Legion looks pretty cool but Ion I can barely tell the difference in game.

Nortstar prime is the coolest looking Titan in the game.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 25, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I'm guessing we'll never see that poo poo because of the boost-specific models. Lost a lot of money there imo

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'm guessing we'll never see that poo poo because of the boost-specific models. Lost a lot of money there imo

I know it's immersion breaking, but I want all my pilots to be parkour robots. Failing that, I would pay real money to replace all of the human pilots' legs with carbon blades.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Lemme get some cowboy boots and a pink hat

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

veni veni veni posted:

Legion looks pretty cool but Ion I can barely tell the difference in game.

Nortstar prime is the coolest looking Titan in the game.

Northstar might have the best prime on virtue of not looking like a mosquito anymore. Execution is rather badass and makes you really feel like you're crushing your opponent with everything you have.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah I think that was their initial intent, but I think at this point almost everyone would agree that the visual differences don't matter and most fans would be super down with customizable pilots.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Ineffiable posted:

Northstar might have the best prime on virtue of not looking like a mosquito anymore. Execution is rather badass and makes you really feel like you're crushing your opponent with everything you have.

I just love that Northstar Prime knocks the victim's gun away with their railgun. It just does it for me. Also missiles and poo poo. Easily my favourite execution thus far.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I think that was their initial intent, but I think at this point almost everyone would agree that the visual differences don't matter and most fans would be super down with customizable pilots.

You don't even see the boost model until they're running away after killing you

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah exactly

I don't think there has been once where I was like "phew so glad I saw that character model"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

tbh I think I can only identify phase shift and the sprint one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Cloak?