Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bazanga
Oct 10, 2006
chinchilla farmer
Dumb question but min/max in terms of units means "minimum allowable number of models in a unit" and "maximum allowable number of models in a unit", right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yup

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm bringing a storm raptor to the OTC. My shame is eternal, and my loss record shall be infinite.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
May you ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I decided to unpack all of my Cygnar for a groupshot in celebration of getting them fully painted!

Turns out I've got a lot of smurfs. I don't own everything, but I'm close.

Now to pack that stuff back up again...

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Armoured Corps CiD starting today comrades :siren:

Let’s all enjoy some speed 4 goodness as we lose endlessly in scenario with our cool new toys.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Armoured Corps CiD starting today comrades :siren:

Let’s all enjoy some speed 4 goodness as we lose endlessly in scenario with our cool new toys.

Including Vlad1 with juggernaut spam. The pseudo-lights all down a point while gaining a point of MAT (and RAT for the Rager), and the jugger and marauder each up a point.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

That actually sounds good.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Advance move on the two battle engines at 16 points for the POW 20 slam gun and 14 points for the d3+1 POW 12 AOE 3 with blast damage 10 battle engines seems like it could hand out some great presence while your dudes get upfield. The large base solos also getting advance move while having Bulldoze and either infantry clearing or heavy wrecking, all at 6 points, seems great for scenario as well.

I mean sure your regular units are going to be somewhat trundly, but by the time they get up there, there's a good chance that your opponent might have a hard time clearing them out while they get to work.

Goddamn the BEs are gonna be 11/19 against shooting under Sorscha3.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Luebbi posted:

I decided to unpack all of my Cygnar for a groupshot in celebration of getting them fully painted!

Turns out I've got a lot of smurfs. I don't own everything, but I'm close.

Now to pack that stuff back up again...

This is loving dope and I'm jealous as hell.

God I need to just buy some loving blue spray paint.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
All my lists got cheaper from the decimator going down a point :3:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Beast09 is actually playable now, too. Huzzah

War Room Army

Khador - Sadbrain Sorscha

Theme: Jaws of the Wolf
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Kommander Sorscha - WJ: +29
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker - PC: 4
- Beast 09 - PC: 18
- Conquest - PC: 35 (Battlegroup Points Used: 29)

Greylord Forge Seer - PC: 0
- Behemoth - PC: 25
Greylord Forge Seer - PC: 0

Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Cylena & 9 Grunts: 19
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev - PC: 0
Battle Mechaniks - Leader & 3 Grunts: 3

THEME: Jaws of the Wolf
---

GENERATED : 02/07/2018 23:16:18
BUILD ID : 2059.17-12-30

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 8, 2018

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They forgot about drago :(

I also think sorscha3 has the best skornergy we've seen in a while. Her field marshall pretty much demands she be played in MoW theme, but the rest of her is really just way better suited to literally everything else.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

They forgot about drago :(

I also think sorscha3 has the best skornergy we've seen in a while. Her field marshall pretty much demands she be played in MoW theme, but the rest of her is really just way better suited to literally everything else.

Counter point, Forge Seers count as MoW and so can help trigger flank. So it’s only Legion of Steel she isn’t getting much use out of.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Sorscha3 is friggin weird man. Malakov tho, holy balls.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Malakov was already secretly good. The bonus to the feat is pretty neato, though. Dodgy drakhuns are going to be disgusting :getin:

Counter point, Forge Seers count as MoW and so can help trigger flank. So it’s only Legion of Steel she isn’t getting much use out of.

I dunno if you can really rely on anything other than drakhuns or the battle engines to go fast enough to apply flank where you need it.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
When we first started playing, I played Cryx because I really liked the Cephalyx. (The Cephalyx didn't exist as a faction then, I'm all in mercs now). I was always super jealous of how awesome the Khador Jack's were though. I eventually got over it, but seeing the stats for those giant solo's, I'm terrified that the models are gonna be insanely cool, and I'm gonna be HYPER jealous all over, to the point I'd consider building a tiny list. BUT I CANNOT AFFORD TO THINK THIS WAY.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Speaking of getting hosed by Cryx, I got this dropped into me on Tuesday. It is such an aggressive and punishing list. I was assassinated top of 2 since I let Barnabas get slightly too far forward. I highly recommend it.

War Room Army

Cryx - New Army

Theme: Black Industries
2 / 2 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Warwitch Deneghra - WJ: +26
- Leviathan - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Leviathan - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Deathripper - PC: 0

Aiakos, Scourge of the Meredius - PC: 4
- Leviathan - PC: 16
Soul Trapper - PC: 1
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4

Cephalyx Overlords - Leader & 2 Grunts: 8

THEME: Black Industries
---

GENERATED : 02/08/2018 17:02:12
BUILD ID : 2060.18-02-04

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 9, 2018

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The assassination threat on Vlad2's suppression tankers is loving glorious.

17" threat on 2D3 rat 9 boosted attack rolls pow 12s. Pow 14 if you land a your 19" threat kiss of lyliss from aiyana.

And you get to follow it up with another 2d3 from your other tanker. And you still have 2-4 feat targets left over.

E: oh god i forgot about hot-swapping hand of fate what the fuuuuuuck

E:e:

https://conflictchamber.com/#c3201b_-0T77kY7i8p8p8ql4l4l38M8I7Ml1

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Armored Corps

!!! Your army contains CID entries.

(Vladimir 2) Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Champion [+27]
- Conquest [35]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]
Man-O-War Drakhun [9]
Man-O-War Kovnik [5]
Man-O-War Suppression Tanker [0(6)]
Man-O-War Suppression Tanker [0(6)]
Kommandant Atanas Arconovich & Standard [7]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev [4]
Man-O-War Bombardiers (max) [16]
- Man-O-War Bombardier Officer [5]

Stealth removal, cloud removal, big arcing fire CRAs, the above mentioned tanker bullshit, and magic weapons to boot. Hail satan.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 9, 2018

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Tankers will not get through CID without being changed. They're auto includes at this point.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

albany academy posted:

Tankers will not get through CID without being changed. They're auto includes at this point.

I dunno though, gun bunnies exist? I mean I get that they fill different rolls, but, I think they're super comparable? Khador and Rhulic are really similar in a load of ways.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
There's a couple of interactions that can make suppression tankers incredibly oppressive, like that vlad2 thing I posted above. I can easily see the vlad2 feat getting changed to 'medium or small based' as a work around but who knows.

Tankers ARE auto-include, but they're only in the one theme, and it's a theme that simply doesn't function without them in it. I'm not even sure my above list would get up the table and into play fast enough without a battle engine in there, as my experience with armored corps thus far is that man-o-wars suck tremendous poo poo, and beyond the new UAs they aren't seeing any changes yet.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

There are similarities and i suppose they're comparable, but that doesn't mean they're the same in terms of power. The rules on those fuckers, man.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yeah, the support pieces they've put up so far don't really seem like they're addressing anything. Tough on mows is kind of funny, in a really ineffectual way. The bombardiers seem like theyre getting the most love, which is good because I bought way too many of them in the end of mk2 firesales.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Bomb boys were the first khador unit I bought :kimchi:

I think they'll actually be 'good' now, as far as a man-o-war model is capable of being good.

I really wish they had overhauled them instead of slapping on UAs and calling it a day.

E: I'm also wondering why anyone would take a strike tanker instead of suppression. Rat is too much on the loser side to make his special abilities work and the pow is too low for that siege weapon to be meaningful.

E:E: Oh poo poo those aren't attack types what the gently caress why are there pow 8 brutal armor piercing shots.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 9, 2018

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I've been playing Caine3 in Gravediggers lately, and people shake their head until they see how much damage I can dish out - not with my jacks, but with my Trenchers and especially Trench Busters.

Caine3 has calamity for -2 DEF and ARM. I bring Ragman along. Trench busters have two unassuming POW12 initials and brutal charge.

Last game my grymkin opponent placed his skin and moans (with 1 corpse and within the carriage) in chargerange of a buster. I shot him with Caine and applied Calamity, then ran a Trencher Engineer in melee to get the buster his flank bonus.

Here comes the Trenchbuster, now with effective POW16 weaponmaster charge followed by a POW14 weaponmaster hit, both at MAT 10, and onerounds the beast (it had taken only 5 boxes or so damage beforehand). At dice -1 despite his buffs, I threw fire and did 20 damage on the charge alone. That's without ragman.

While this example was extreme, in all games I've played with this list, Busters have taken out barely scratched beasts and warjacks. It's glorious. Meanwhile the main problem I have with Caine3 in Heavy Metal is gone (lights getting engaged too easily because I'm lacking resilient chaff - now I bring tough dudes and a cloudwall), and I'm also packing two grenadiers who with Calamity and Feat get up to effective 3x RAT 11 POW 18 shots thanks to an abundance of nearby trenchers.

I played this list into tons of different Cryx builds so far, and it rocks. Most cryx players default to their Black Industries build against Cygnar and Caine especially, thinking Carapace will save them; but I don't care about shooting them, only to apply Calamity and take out jack after jack in melee. Even lowly Trenchers can get to POW15 charges with Ragman and calamity, and Carapace doesn't save you from that. If they bring another list, I've got enough infantry clearing and Caine's unit and ace bring enough magic attacks.

Here's the list:

Caine 3
- Ace
- 2x Chargers
- 2x Grenadiers
max Trenchers w/ 3 WA
2x Express Team (for now one engineer unit since I've only got one express team)
Maxwell Finn
Anson Hitch
Patrol Doge
Ragman
2x Busters

Luebbi fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 9, 2018

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Speaking of getting hosed by Cryx, I got this dropped into me on Tuesday. It is such an aggressive and punishing list. I was assassinated top of 2 since I let Barnabas get slightly too far forward. I highly recommend it.

War Room Army

Cryx - New Army

Theme: Black Industries
2 / 2 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Warwitch Deneghra - WJ: +26
- Leviathan - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Leviathan - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)

Aiakos, Scourge of the Meredius - PC: 4
Soul Trapper - PC: 1

THEME: Black Industries
---

GENERATED : 02/08/2018 17:02:12
BUILD ID : 2060.18-02-04

I've been playing a similar denny2 list for awhile. It is super good and any match up that it has trouble into I just drop gaspy2 dark host instead.

I may have to pick up a 4th Levi though because this seems amazing.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Luebbi posted:

I've been playing Caine3 in Gravediggers lately, and people shake their head until they see how much damage I can dish out - not with my jacks, but with my Trenchers and especially Trench Busters.

Caine3 has calamity for -2 DEF and ARM. I bring Ragman along. Trench busters have two unassuming POW12 initials and brutal charge.

Last game my grymkin opponent placed his skin and moans (with 1 corpse and within the carriage) in chargerange of a buster. I shot him with Caine and applied Calamity, then ran a Trencher Engineer in melee to get the buster his flank bonus.

Here comes the Trenchbuster, now with effective POW16 weaponmaster charge followed by a POW14 weaponmaster hit, both at MAT 10, and onerounds the beast (it had taken only 5 boxes or so damage beforehand). At dice -1 despite his buffs, I threw fire and did 20 damage on the charge alone. That's without ragman.

While this example was extreme, in all games I've played with this list, Busters have taken out barely scratched beasts and warjacks. It's glorious. Meanwhile the main problem I have with Caine3 in Heavy Metal is gone (lights getting engaged too easily because I'm lacking resilient chaff - now I bring tough dudes and a cloudwall), and I'm also packing two grenadiers who with Calamity and Feat get up to effective 3x RAT 11 POW 18 shots thanks to an abundance of nearby trenchers.

I played this list into tons of different Cryx builds so far, and it rocks. Most cryx players default to their Black Industries build against Cygnar and Caine especially, thinking Carapace will save them; but I don't care about shooting them, only to apply Calamity and take out jack after jack in melee. Even lowly Trenchers can get to POW15 charges with Ragman and calamity, and Carapace doesn't save you from that. If they bring another list, I've got enough infantry clearing and Caine's unit and ace bring enough magic attacks.

Here's the list:

Caine 3
- Ace
- 2x Chargers
- 2x Grenadiers
max Trenchers w/ 3 WA
2x Express Team (for now one engineer unit since I've only got one express team)
Maxwell Finn
Anson Hitch
Patrol Doge
Ragman
2x Busters

This is extremely my poo poo. Caine 3 doesn't need to rock 100% battlegroup to be effective. This might not blow as many lists out of the water but it looks like you can play it into alllll kinds of stuff.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Putting my lists pairings for a tournament in two weeks. I’m loving Jagajaga 2.0. Signs and portents is a fantastic fixer for everything. Sending two noodle arm murderous boys with 4 inch reach and pull is a glorious thing to behold. Also getting a Gargantuan 16 inches up the table turn 1 will never not be funny.

War Room Army

Minions - JagaJaga WWFF alt

Theme: Will Work For Food

Jaga-Jaga, the Death Charmer - WB: +27
- Gatorman Soul Slave - PC: 0
- Dracodile - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 27)
- Blackhide Wrastler - PC: 16
- Swamp Horror - PC: 15
- Swamp Horror - PC: 15

Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers - PC: 0
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - PC: 0
Swamp Gobber Chef - PC: 1

Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Cylena & 9 Grunts: 19

THEME: Will Work For Food
---

The problem I’m having is what to pair it with.

I’m thinking Calaban for RFP.

War Room Army

Minions - Calaban

Theme: The Blindwater Congregation

Calaban, The Grave Walker - WB: +29
- Gatorman Soul Slave - PC: 0
- Blackhide Wrastler - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Blind Walker - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Blind Walker - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 3)

Sacral Vault - PC: 17
Sacral Vault - PC: 17

Mist Speaker - PC: 0
Feralgeist - PC: 2
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers - PC: 0

Croak Raiders - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Croak Raiders - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16

THEME: The Blindwater Congregation
---

Lots of guns, boosted damage rolls and Parasite means this will just light the world on fire and access to bone shaker means no one is coming back.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Skarre 3 is up for preorder.

https://store.privateerpress.com/black-anchor-heavy-industries/skarre-admiral-of-the-black-fleet-preorder

$124.99 USD

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I ordered the boat.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ugh

That is so loving cool

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
ARM 23-24 on most Cryx jacks while in Dark Industries against shooting huh? Nothing wrong with that :smith:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
The boat is so disgustingly cool.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

New Man-O-War updates look promising!

https://cid.privateerpress.com/forum/rules/model-rules-reference/62534-armored-corps-cid-week-2-update

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Just twigged onto that Skarre3 would be really good in Slaughter Fleet Raiders. Might have to get it now...

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Pyrolocutus posted:

Just twigged onto that Skarre3 would be really good in Slaughter Fleet Raiders. Might have to get it now...

She seems to have a bunch of viable builds and I am really excited to put her on to the table. Marauders/bloodgorgers with draconic blessing, decel, and dash seem terrifying.

Thinking something to the effect of:

quote:

(Skarre 3) Skarre, Admiral of the Black Fleet [+27]
- Kharybdis [17]
- Leviathan [16]
- Leviathan [16]
- Satyxis Blood Priestess [4]
Axiara Wraithblade [0(6)]
General Gerlak Slaughterborn [0(6)]
Misery Cage [2]
Black Ogrun Iron Mongers [6]
Blighted Trollkin Marauders (max) [15]
- Jussika Bloodtongue [5]
Bloodgorgers (max) [15]
Scharde Dirge Seers [6]

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Wold wights. I'm still entirely incapable of painting the same thing in the same scheme twice.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Cruicbal Guard Warcaster revealed in a stream today. The guy is a ball buster. Phone posting so no links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Apparently Will Pagani confirmed on a stream that the Toro jack will exist, and I assume it's a crucible guard Jack, but it definitely has makers mark which mans it can be played in Mercs. Apparently Rutgers character Jack is a Toro called Rex, so maybe we'll see that? (Please!)