Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Dalael posted:

:wth:
How can people be so disconnected from reality and so invested in a game? That guy needs serious mental help.

I assume there's a fair amount of eve players who've bought into the "eve is real" bullshit and are wayyyy to wrapped up in this game

you might be able to say the same thing about the ~elite pvp~ alliances but from my experience these people aren't so wrapped up in it, they just like winning (like any "elite" gaming community)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oodles posted:

God dammit, everyone in this thread and reddit act like my 1 year old.

Just because you can scream at the top of your lungs, doesn't mean that you should. Also, don't scream while I'm asleep. It fucks me off.

:arghfist::corsair:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

CainFortea posted:

:drat:

Where did lemba go?

Snuff

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lucifirius posted:

It's almost like PH is a meatshield and slave labor for PL who don't want to do the dirty work of ~entosising~ or ~ratting~.

Except PL do entosis so :eonwe:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Reverand maynard posted:

The hate against mittani is so loving unreal. In all honest I blame lowsec/FW as it created this weird, honorable concensual pvp environment. When players get really loving angry that you didn't 1v1 them it's no wonder basic stuff like trying to catch spies upsets their fragile sensibilities so much. These guys would have been loving eaten alive if they had played eve when belt ratting in a raven was the best income yiu could hope for.

We should do a "Leave Mittani alone!" video like that guy did for britney spears.

E: I wonder if Xenuria would do it...

Dalael fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 18, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CainFortea posted:

Where did lemba go?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53296539/

:ese:

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

I've been seriously considering putting in an application to Black Ops. I think I can fly everything you guys use with good skills and the stuff you guys do interests me a lot more than flying mainfleet.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cyrelio posted:

I've been seriously considering putting in an application to Black Ops. I think I can fly everything you guys use with good skills and the stuff you guys do interests me a lot more than flying mainfleet.

Well they might take you anyway.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

We should do a "Leave Mittani alone!" video like that guy did for britney spears.

E: I wonder if Xenuria would do it...

I think you just volunteered.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

CainFortea posted:

Where did lemba go?

On a rant.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

CainFortea posted:

I think you just volunteered.

I sent Xenuria a message on goonfleet suggesting it. I think he's the right man for the job. If he doesn't, I might consider it.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cefte posted:

is vee still playing

He got a weekend in while his gf was out of town, and has since disappeared again. When are you coming back

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Cyrelio posted:

Thinking about that too. Last time we did it with my first CFC corp, we disabled whole region having like 10-12 active people. It was ages ago and we didn't use actual blackops BS too much, but the results were hilarious.
Not sure if it was Etherium Reach or something nearby. We managed to get NPC kills from thousands per day to under to nothing in less than a week after killing some random renters. Best kill we had was this lucky bastard who
warped into our anchored bubble 50 km off station https://zkillboard.com/kill/32107031/. I nearly felt bad when he begged us to let him live.

This particular individual was a really lovely freighter pilot.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Cyrelio posted:

I'm not in blops (yet :v:) but ive been playing with them off and on for the last few days. The trick is to just join blackops_pub on jabber, get in comms, ask whats needed, and get out there. Make sure you have patience, as it's very much a feast or famine sort of gig. Also if you lose poo poo, you better have a thick skin and prepare to be laughed at and/or upbraided about how much of an idiot you are.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How are people so dumb that they spend enough time on the Saranen undock in their carriers for Patri9999omega to warp in and doomsday them, he gets like 3 capital kills a day

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I am flying back and forth between systems and doing missions :> Tonight is chill in EVE.
I hope everyone else playing it is enjoying it too!

and

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 18, 2016

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011
The most entertaining part of the war is watching both sides get so worked up.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Tonight I am flying back and forth between systems and doing missions :> Tonight is chill in EVE.

and

This guy knows where it's at. Always fun, all the time.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

yogizh posted:

Thinking about that too. Last time we did it with my first CFC corp, we disabled whole region having like 10-12 active people. It was ages ago and we didn't use actual blackops BS too much, but the results were hilarious.
Not sure if it was Etherium Reach or something nearby. We managed to get NPC kills from thousands per day to under to nothing in less than a week after killing some random renters. Best kill we had was this lucky bastard who
warped into our anchored bubble 50 km off station https://zkillboard.com/kill/32107031/. I nearly felt bad when he begged us to let him live.

This particular individual was a really lovely freighter pilot.

That was when I deployed topgoon to the Kalevala Expanse. By the time PL showed up to invade half of the towers in the region were unfueled/being dismantled. Whenever I want to discuss a standard cloaky gently caress you deployment, that and the Cobalt Edge blackops deployment always come to mind as being mega successful, not necessarily from a "We're rolling in kills" point of view (Even though we were) but from a "Small group of dudes totally demoralized a group comprised of 2-3000 dudes".

I'll never forget when Solar hired Black Legion to "Buck up" SCDOT in the face of our terror campaign and just how ineffectual Elo Knight was at dealing with us. The only time his fleet scored a success was during the "Christmas Nano Hac Roam" where we put a 3 day old newbie in charge.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 18, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Cefte posted:

is vee still playing

cefteeeee

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

VideoGames posted:

and

I'm going to have to report you for being too darned cute and not bitter enough for the EVE thread.

Please do not become bitter :ohdear:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dalael posted:

I'm going to have to report you for being too darned cute and not bitter enough for the EVE thread.

Please do not become bitter :ohdear:

Trust me friend, I will not. As long as I can fly around in something, all we be well! :)

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Never played EVE. Can someone give me the long and short of how the giant war is going? Who's winning, how much destruction has happened, etc.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cefte posted:

is vee still playing

He had a free weekend that ended up lasting till a Tuesday and then went back to winning Eve, which was claimed by the other side as a demoralizing blow for goons, because our best FC jumped ship (despite not being on that ship for quite a while) in a dire time of need or something.

Exhibit A:

Landsknecht posted:

i think he came back for like an afternoon, said "gently caress this," and peaced out

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Never played EVE. Can someone give me the long and short of how the giant war is going? Who's winning, how much destruction has happened, etc.

I can give you the short: The giant war is going to be long and drawn out. We're definitely not winning, but we haven't lost yet. Our enemies have taken a majority of our space, but can only beg for more of our assets to be destroyed than we are allowing.

This as a basic line member who wasn't playing EVE until after the last great war ended, and without any authority on anything, this is my point of view.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Duzzy Funlop posted:

He had a free weekend that ended up lasting till a Tuesday and then went back to winning Eve, which was claimed by the other side as a demoralizing blow for goons, because our best FC jumped ship (despite not being on that ship for quite a while) in a dire time of need or something.

Exhibit A:

you read too far into that dude

ordo is being mostly normal lately it's really weird and i feel like its a setup

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Hazdoc posted:

You need platinum in order to like posts.

I used a card where I get remuneration for 'donating' blood plasma. I've done other internet based purchases with it, but can't get it to work here. :shrug:

Y SA no likey mah precious bodily fluid monies?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/03KGodl.webm

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm pretty sure they're still claiming that Vily was our #1 and only competent FC and his jumping ship was the most crippling loss in GSF history

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you read too far into that dude

ordo is being mostly normal lately it's really weird and i feel like its a setup

Yeah, maybe not Ordo, but that narrative was absolutely played up as a talking point after there suddenly were no more EG fleets buzzing around.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Cefte posted:

is vee still playing

~why even bother, cefte got there first~

(going to lawl if right after this post all the bads gently caress off)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

That's Lembas friend who went with him.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zephyrine posted:

That's Lembas friend who went with him.

:ssh:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
lawl

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Rhymenoserous posted:

Everyone needs to learn the art of cloak warfare. 25 dudes can make an entire region difficult if they know what they are doing. 60 dudes can make it unlivable. Blackops has killed far more poo poo than it's lost so far, and on top of it we've been freeporting stations in fade with little to no resistance (We just dropped sov in a system last night, and there are more to follow). From my understanding reavers is enjoying similar success.

We should give space violence a constelation and tell them "Everything you do there is strategic" then do double payouts on entosis svipuls or whatever. Just form goons up in squads of 60 and set them loose on a constellation.

I'm pretty sure that most of branch could be re-taken by like, 10 guys.

Also, how is Bastion hanging on to their space?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Torpor posted:

No one wants it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/mIuF0NL.webm

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Torpor posted:

it turns out that hostiles just want to break goons specifically and can't be arsed to do the grunt work of attacking sov that isn't goon

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, maybe not Ordo, but that narrative was absolutely played up as a talking point after there suddenly were no more EG fleets buzzing around.

I don't really give a poo poo about the ~talking points~

usually I just post what I think and maybe you read into it, maybe you don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Something something sov wheaties morale victory

• Locked thread