Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think it was Route 66 back at the end of March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Countblanc posted:

I think it was Route 66 back at the end of March.

Okay, I'm hoping/assuming that some guys have worked daily on new maps for the past couple of months then.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bolivar posted:

The über nerd seems to be this guy:
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/GamerSuiteTv-2234

Level 222 with 198 hours of playtime and AFAIK that only counts the games itself so there's a few dozen hours of waiting etc. on top of that... according to my calculations, it's been 367 hours since launch.
Of course, could be several people on one account. Also, he's "that guy", aka the Hanzo/McCree with 43-44 % winrate.

that guy is eternal

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also

fadam posted:

They should give Reinhardt a rear view mirror when he shields.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Playing Reinhardt, even with a stack, isn't very fun because the only damage dealers people seem to play are flankers so I'm slowly trudging up to the point with my shield out and literally nobody is behind it shooting at people but are instead trying to sneak around the side to get instantly owned.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PureRok posted:

I just want to play Reinhardt like I'm a Space Marine in Warhammer, but everyone wants to me shield or some poo poo idgi.

Reinhardt is cool because you get to smash people into the ground and ram them into walls but most of your matches will be spent doing this;

Someone has to push the cart :sigh:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I have so much more time spent on fire as Reinhardt/Lucio/Zenyatta than other characters, and it's all from doing objectives.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Lady Naga posted:

Playing Reinhardt, even with a stack, isn't very fun because the only damage dealers people seem to play are flankers so I'm slowly trudging up to the point with my shield out and literally nobody is behind it shooting at people but are instead trying to sneak around the side to get instantly owned.
You want reinhardt if you have someone you can combo with like bastion/76/junkrat.

But don't listen to me, my reinhardt winrate is 13%. :smith: But I got 2 reinhardt PotGs today. :unsmith:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I ran into Eonwe and they were on the other team and it was a fun match and they were a good sport

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lady Naga posted:

the best part about that is you just play with one hand and text with the other

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Am I just unlucky? I've lost like 9/10 games today getting teams that can't handle choke points enough to cap A, or group together and coordinate ults enough to cap B. On the off chance I do get a team that at least plays decently together, the other team is way more coordinated and possibly at least partially grouped. I've loving had gold medals with 2-3 eliminations.

Or they can't handle a loving Bastion.

And gently caress Voskaya, it's been like half of my games and is easily the worst map.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 8, 2016

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Lady Naga posted:

I feel like people have gotten wise to the idea that you want a tank and a support on every team, but they haven't quite figured out the more nuanced distinction between flanking DPS and frontline DPS (though to be fair the game does a lot less to help you on that front). Every time I go into a match thinking "okay it's been a while since I had a solid game with Genji, I should play him this round" my team ends up picking Tracer and Reaper and no frontline damage dealers so I just kind of have to go "...okay I guess it's time for McCree again." (Also I still see way too many McCrees playing him as a flanker and leaning entirely on Fan and it always makes me sad. That's not what he's for! You have a left mouse button for a reason! Play your class!)

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 8, 2016

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

So I'm noticing a really cool pattern where attack team on payloads switch to all D. Vas and Bastions in the last 60 seconds for an unstoppable push and it's loving horseshit

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
Hello, this game is amazing and Junkrat is way too much fun but Zenyatta is not. I hate Widowmaker.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

gandlethorpe posted:

Am I just unlucky? I've lost like 9/10 games today getting teams that can't handle choke points enough to cap A, or group together and coordinate ults enough to cap B. On the off chance I do get a team that at least plays decently together, the other team is way more coordinated and possibly at least partially grouped. I've loving had gold medals with 2-3 eliminations.

Or they can't handle a loving Bastion.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the matchmaking system was specifically selecting players with high MMR to throw into the wrong side of those groupstomps. In my experience it will keep throwing new 'good' meat in to fill leavers until the rounds start to get balanced. But if people keep quitting at the end of each game you'll get thrown into new ones and have to endure the same fate again and again until your MMR drops.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Opposing Farce posted:

That's not what he's for! You have a left mouse button for a reason! Play your class!)

Doesn't matter what he is there for, the reason many go to McCree is simple:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Evil Canadian posted:

Doesn't matter what he is there for, the reason many go to McCree is simple:

but picking a good character is a sign of being good

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

but picking a good character is a sign of being good

If you enjoy winning you clearly hate fun.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Saw a really weird McCree when spectating a game yesterday whom I'd almost suspect was a bot or some kinda hacked farming account. He moved super erratically and unnaturally and spent most of the match doing nothing near the spawn, occasionally running into the enemy team to fire a few shots or a burst and dying but never using his ult or trying to play even remotely believably. Every time he respawned he'd spend pretty much the exact same 10 seconds standing still and then rolling forward, taking a few steps and standing still again outside the spawn.

I guess there's no reason why there wouldn't be a market for boosted high-level Overwatch accounts the same way there is for MMOs and whatnot.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Lady Naga posted:

If you enjoy winning you clearly hate fun.

I pick characters I feel will help me win the mode rather than picking the ones I enjoy playing because I like winning more. COME AT ME.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Evil Canadian posted:

I pick characters I feel will help me win the mode rather than picking the ones I enjoy playing because I like winning more. COME AT ME.

How does it feel to be a no life dew chugging esport autistic gamer gently caress idiot?

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

Kanfy posted:

Saw a really weird McCree when spectating a game yesterday whom I'd almost suspect was a bot or some kinda hacked farming account. He moved super erratically and unnaturally and spent most of the match doing nothing near the spawn, occasionally running into the enemy team to fire a few shots or a burst and dying but never using his ult or trying to play even remotely believably. Every time he respawned he'd spend pretty much the exact same 10 seconds standing still and then rolling forward, taking a few steps and standing still again outside the spawn.

I guess there's no reason why there wouldn't be a market for boosted high-level Overwatch accounts the same way there is for MMOs and whatnot.

Someone may also have been letting their five year-old play the cartoon shooty game.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sanctum posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the matchmaking system was specifically selecting players with high MMR to throw into the wrong side of those groupstomps. In my experience it will keep throwing new 'good' meat in to fill leavers until the rounds start to get balanced. But if people keep quitting at the end of each game you'll get thrown into new ones and have to endure the same fate again and again until your MMR drops.
Yeah, I was considering something like this but you said it clearer than I could. All of Blizzard's comments on the matchmaking focus on evening out "unfairness" between teams over multiple rounds, except nobody stays on a losing side in a pub game since why the hell should they? So it keeps giving these horrible pair ups (to get the game started ASAP or something) and never gets to refine them. Or something.

It definitely feels like something's broken in the matchmaking though, whatever step in the process it might be. Games are laughably one-sided way too often. The only flaw in your theory is I'm pretty sure I've gotten a mediocre MMR at best, but maybe that's enough for it to throw me into teams of absolute incompetents to try and even it out against competent teams or something. There's also been mentions that they've been selecting matches by similar pings as well as skill, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's being way more prioritized than it should be? :shrug:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Lady Naga posted:

How does it feel to be a no life dew chugging esport autistic gamer gently caress idiot?

P. good cause I win a lot.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Evil Canadian posted:

P. good cause I win a lot.

You're clearly not having fun you anti-funhaver tryhard idiot.

Asimo posted:

It definitely feels like something's broken in the matchmaking though, whatever step in the process it might be. Games are laughably one-sided way too often.
This is every game with matchmaking, especially team-based ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEKi_9zumIU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Lady Naga posted:

You're clearly not having fun you anti-funhaver tryhard idiot.

Oh dang I hosed up then :(

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

FatSamurai posted:

Someone may also have been letting their five year-old play the cartoon shooty game.

Maybe, though I figure he'd be running at walls and shooting in the air or something in that case instead of repeating pretty much the same patterns several times over. It wasn't chaotic or random like a kid playing a game they don't understand, it was real stilted and mechanical to the point where I'm pretty sure the spot he stopped in outside the spawn after his wait -> roll routine was always the exact same.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
whenever the enemy rolls mcree i make it my mission to roll genji so i can reflecy kill them the whole game, including their ults

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Huh, playing Hanzo got so much easier now that I know I don't have to aim with him :allears:

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Kanfy posted:

Is there really a market for accounts with ruined stats and 20% win rate or whatever you get when your team is constantly playing 5 vs. 6 :pwn:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Kanfy posted:

I doubt it's for that. He's just leeching game XP for loot boxes.

Maybe there's a market for accounts with all the cosmetics unlocked though.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Bolivar posted:

Is there really a market for accounts with ruined stats and 20% win rate or whatever you get when your team is constantly playing 5 vs. 6 :pwn:

There probably is when those accounts have cosmetics.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
some guy in tf2 wanted to pay me 30 bucks for a hat

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Zzulu posted:

some guy in tf2 wanted to pay me 30 bucks for a hat

I got like 150 dollars total in hat sales.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can't wait to afk farm loot boxes so that I can equip legendary skins on my heroes that I sit in the spawn room all day.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
huh, lost connection to the server twice in the last ten minutes. the second time was right as I popped Junkrat ult. Guess that's Blizzard's way of telling me "it's 5am just log off already"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

huh, lost connection to the server twice in the last ten minutes. the second time was right as I popped Junkrat ult. Guess that's Blizzard's way of telling me "it's 5am just log off already"

Yeah same.

I stuck around anyway since I was still in the discord room. Later we pushed 4 dvas, 1 mercy, 1 lucio through the flank spot on volskaya A and the other team just did not see us coming. That was the fastest volskaya win I've ever seen.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Do any of the other legendary skins get special voice lines/animation differences or is that just Wolf Hanzo(he is the only one I have noticed so far)? I almost have enough gold and am looking at 'Nam war looking 76 but if its just the m16 I will pass.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
I'm sick of the game choosing my 5 man Junkrat ult as PotG when I manage to score 5 man kills using trick shots, environmental kills or direct hitting aerial targets. Is it BM to emote after these plays to give them better priority? I've been doing it to a pretty good effect today but I don't want to be a jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Do any of the other legendary skins get special voice lines/animation differences or is that just Wolf Hanzo(he is the only one I have noticed so far)? I almost have enough gold and am looking at 'Nam war looking 76 but if its just the m16 I will pass.
Viking Mercy gets "'TIL VALHALLA" for her rez, which is pretty cool.