Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Pingui posted:

Uhm... are they training you to kill Batman? Are you absolutely certain you aren't being trained by some super villain organization?

It's good advice because you taget both billionaire vigillantes and GRU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I've always liked how there's an actual intelligence agency called GRU.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Also being a medic in the field is 5% tending boo-boos and 95% digging piss-pits and telling grown men to wash their loving hands before they eat.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katt posted:

Just came back from a long military training course on the Swedish east coast.

I remember back in 2011, My unit was sent over to sweden to train with the swedish Homeguard in Malmö. We were introduced to the swedish tradition of "fika" and brought it back home. Best cultural exchange ever. Even now many years later, there will be much grumbling in my platoon if there are no fika with lefser, coffe and chocolate in between bouts of army-man-activities.

(Also, I remember these big rear end chocolate balls filled with mousse or something that swedes would serve us during "fika". I never seen its like again, you dont know what that might have been by any chance?)

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

GyverMac posted:

I remember back in 2011, My unit was sent over to sweden to train with the swedish Homeguard in Malmö. We were introduced to the swedish tradition of "fika" and brought it back home. Best cultural exchange ever. Even now many years later, there will be much grumbling in my platoon if there are no fika with lefser, coffe and chocolate in between bouts of army-man-activities.

(Also, I remember these big rear end chocolate balls filled with mousse or something that swedes would serve us during "fika". I never seen its like again, you dont know what that might have been by any chance?)

choklad toppar?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

GyverMac posted:

big rear end chocolate balls filled with mousse or something
Skumboll, kokostop or chockladtop.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It is forbidden for us Danes to discuss these tasty treats, lest we devolve into barbarism.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

evil_bunnY posted:

Skumboll, kokostop or chockladtop.
PK kultur!!

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katt posted:

choklad toppar?

Nah we already got that here in Norway with the kokosboller. It was kinda like that, but bigger and filled with chocolate mousse

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

GyverMac posted:

Nah we already got that here in Norway with the kokosboller. It was kinda like that, but bigger and filled with chocolate mousse

Bigger than a choklad topp? choklad topp is like the size of a fist.

Was it gille bollar?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katt posted:

Bigger than a choklad topp? choklad topp is like the size of a fist.

Was it gille bollar?

YES, thank you, i think its that one! It was a bit bigger and rounder, but it was looking like that on the inside and outside.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

What's the deal with people making kokosbollar but with pearl sugar instead of kokos?

Pearl sugar is like chewing gravel.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Katt posted:

What's the deal with people making kokosbollar but with pearl sugar instead of kokos?

Pearl sugar is like chewing gravel.
wtf

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I generally dislike adding sugar on top of sugary things, like gumdrops.

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Punchrulle / dammsugare, oh my god, whenever I'm in Sweden I always bring back a box or two of those.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

GyverMac posted:

I literally googled "Bullet proof thermos" in hopes of finding a thermos I could justify adding to my combat vest for tactical applications of coffee.

Sadly it only yielded a whole brand of lovely Thermos's from a company named "bullet proof" or something like that.

Like it would only have to be moderately shrapnel absorbent and I could cover it in matt black tape.

I'm a left handed pistol shooter so I have a ton of spare space on my combat vest.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Katt posted:

I literally googled "Bullet proof thermos" in hopes of finding a thermos I could justify adding to my combat vest for tactical applications of coffee.

Sadly it only yielded a whole brand of lovely Thermos's from a company named "bullet proof" or something like that.

Like it would only have to be moderately shrapnel absorbent and I could cover it in matt black tape.

I'm a left handed pistol shooter so I have a ton of spare space on my combat vest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n5frDb1DDU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Katt posted:

choklad toppar?

Also known as munkar in Bohuslän.
At least on the islands.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Also known as munkar in Bohuslän.
At least on the islands.

Yeah munkar or mums mums. I think munkar covers like all different variations of that pastry.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

Yeah munkar or mums mums. I think munkar covers like all different variations of that pastry.
That's not a pastry.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

If those are munkar then what do you call doughnuts?

Degnötter?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

GyverMac posted:

YES, thank you, i think its that one! It was a bit bigger and rounder, but it was looking like that on the inside and outside.

I briefly worked with a norwegian professor who religiously bought these ones every time he visited Sweden. They have the same filling as the other ones and could apparently be imported quite easily according to his student when checked it up.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Katt posted:

If those are munkar then what do you call doughnuts?

Degnötter?

Munkar :colbert:

Or, rather "choklad munkar" if you are at a café or somewhere where it could be misinterpreted. And punchrulle is dammsugare.

Zudgemud fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 17, 2020

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Remember going to McDonalds in the late 90s and pointing at a doughnut and saying I wanted one of those "munkar" and the cashier drew a blank face (regardless of all my pointing) until I said "a mcdoughnut"

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I've only ever seen "munkeringe" used in an episode of The Simpsons. Has any Dane ever called them that?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

THE BAR posted:

I've only ever seen "munkeringe" used in an episode of The Simpsons. Has any Dane ever called them that?
I don’t think so. I found a translator who was extremely offended at the repeated swedicisms of the Simpsons translation, munkeringe included, so I’m convinced it’s not a thing.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Thanks now I have a craving for chokladbollar :argh:

Also I think kokos tastes horrible and should be abolished from all things

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kamrat posted:

Preach it comrade!

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Kamrat posted:

Excuse me, I LIKE THING

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

THE BAR posted:

The only thing I've seen "donut" translated to is "spandauer," which is... not a donut.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's not a pastry.

I guess you are the expert.

Reading wiki tho I dont see why munkar shouldnt be regarded as a pastry, but maybe some other word fits better.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 18, 2020

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Kamrat posted:

Chokladbollar, eller som min kära mor kallar dom... inte chokladbollar.

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

Konec Hry posted:

Chokladbollar, eller som min kära mor kallar dom... inte chokladbollar.

The Swedish war on Christmas. What to call chokladbollar and what Pippi's dad was king of.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

I guess you are the expert.

Reading wiki tho I dont see why munkar shouldnt be regarded as a pastry, but maybe some other word fits better.
I was going by the picture Cardiac identified as munkar. The doughnut munkar are a pastry.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

I grew up in the 90s and back then we just called them kokosboll. And the other word was super controversial. But we have 19 year olds now acting like we're robbing them of their youths cultural heritage when we insist on kokosboll.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Wait what, then what did you call these?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve never once heard someone call it that but to be fair, I don’t think anyone’s going to pull that stunt near me.

I did once give the stink eye to a white kid on SJ rapping in English and dropping the n word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

teen witch posted:

I did once give the stink eye to a white kid on SJ rapping in English and dropping the n word.

What was the kids reaction?

Edit:

This conversation got me thinking of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JolqmmMk0

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 18, 2020