Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

KomradeX posted:

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe owns though

I love how his motivation is that capes killed his family instead of the mafia

You can see where Ennis's idea for The Boys came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

TomViolence posted:

I love how his motivation is that capes killed his family instead of the mafia

You can see where Ennis's idea for The Boys came from.

Ennis really knows how to write the Punisher. And it did bring up sowing that goes mostly ignored in superhero stories. The innocent people caught in the middle

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

KomradeX posted:

It really doesn't and I'm the biggest Ennis Stan alive

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That comic is trash tho and everyone who likes it should be shot

KomradeX posted:

I don't care the Punisher has to do it or I have to be killed too, I just want it to happen

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is exactly the kind of faux clever bullshit I expect from noted trash writer Cullen Bunn

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is exactly the kind of faux clever bullshit I expect from noted trash writer Cullen Bunn

Writing The Damned, The Sixth Gun and Harrow County is enough to redeem any poo poo he might've done with the Big Two (everybody has bills to pay).

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

large adult son posted:

Writing The Damned, The Sixth Gun and Harrow County is enough to redeem any poo poo he might've done with the Big Two (everybody has bills to pay).

Sixth Gun should be incredibly my poo poo and I have never been more bored than I was reading that book and that is the ultimate sin because I'll read some absolute dogshit if it makes me feel something

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Shut the gently caress up you idiotic manchildren

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Shut the gently caress up you idiotic manchildren

go pester captains of industry in gbs

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I remember liking Gaimen’s Sandman when I read it as a teen. Saga is really good. Joe Sacco’s Palestine and other his other journalism comics are required reading. And of course there’s all those awesome graphic novels (Fun Home, Maus, A Contract Wih God, ect.). I haven’t dipped too much into those old alt underground comix, but I like that documentary about R. Crumb. I just checked and somehow one of the Achewood collections is still on amazon prime, and you can grab all the others through third party sellers.

But loving DC and Marvel superhero comics? Jesus Christ you guys. I understand finding yourself in a theater on a hot day watching Captain Amazing 6 with your friends. But there is no earthly reason to be looking at superhero books unless you’re reading it to a child

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
For some (many) #BlackPanther was more than just a superhero movie. And there is nothing you can say or do to take this from them.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just some new athiest dudebros hating on folks religious icons

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine all those cool posts about how the left needs to court christians but god is replaced with "Iron Man"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Is he live or dead
Has he thoughts within his head
We'll just pass him there
Why should we even care

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m reading a Wikipedia article about the prison-industrial complex because apparently this is my job now, and this part got my attention.

quote:

Corporations, especially those in the technology and food industries, contract prison labor, as it is legal and often completely encouraged by government legislature.[45] The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) serves as a federal tax credit that grants employers $2,400 for every work-release employed inmate.[46] "Prison insourcing" has increasingly grown in popularity as the cheaper alternative to outsourcing with a wide variety of companies such as Whole Foods, McDonald's, Target, IBM, Texas Instruments, Boeing, Nordstrom, Intel, Wal-Mart, Victoria's Secret, Aramark, AT&T, BP, Starbucks, Microsoft, Nike, Honda, Macy's and Sprint and many more actively participating in prison insourcing throughout the 1990s and 2000s.[47]

Like Wal-Mart and McDonald’s I get, they’re totally the types of companies to exploit cheap prison labor, but I thought Whole Foods and Starbucks were more woke than that.

Also :lol: at Victoria’s Secret.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Haven't you heard? Prison labour is woke now.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

whole foods is the least woke company

they pioneered the business strategy of pretending the company is woke and is more expensive because it is more ethical and charging more so that bougie customers can feel they are doing good by paying a tithe to support fair trade or whatever but then not actually doing anything good and just pocketing the money

the founder and ceo of the company is a huge libertarian and anti-union rear end in a top hat and was one of the biggest celebrity CEOs that bitched and bitched about how the ACA was fascism

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

starbucks of course is like the #2 company at pretending you are woke and charging more to let bougie people mollify their conscience but then not being woke and just keeping the money

the fake wokeness lifestyle brand segment is super lucrative

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You expect the company that invented asparagus water to have ethical standards?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

whole foods is the least woke company

they pioneered the business strategy of pretending the company is woke and is more expensive because it is more ethical and charging more so that bougie customers can feel they are doing good by paying a tithe to support fair trade or whatever but then not actually doing anything good and just pocketing the money

the founder and ceo of the company is a huge libertarian and anti-union rear end in a top hat and was one of the biggest celebrity CEOs that bitched and bitched about how the ACA was fascism

sounds more like they're the most woke company

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

whole foods is the original woke brand and they've made billions of dollars for it

nah
Mar 16, 2009

i call it Whole Paycheck because of how expensive it is

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

nah posted:

thanks dad

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

nah posted:

mind blown.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

nah posted:

is it ok if i steal this

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5sk0RUlS4

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 22:32 on Feb 16, 2018

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I remember liking Gaimen’s Sandman when I read it as a teen. Saga is really good. Joe Sacco’s Palestine and other his other journalism comics are required reading. And of course there’s all those awesome graphic novels (Fun Home, Maus, A Contract Wih God, ect.). I haven’t dipped too much into those old alt underground comix, but I like that documentary about R. Crumb. I just checked and somehow one of the Achewood collections is still on amazon prime, and you can grab all the others through third party sellers.

But loving DC and Marvel superhero comics? Jesus Christ you guys. I understand finding yourself in a theater on a hot day watching Captain Amazing 6 with your friends. But there is no earthly reason to be looking at superhero books unless you’re reading it to a child

"No one's allowed to like things that I find childish" says the very well adjusted smart man on the internet,

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Superheros suck

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

whomupclicklike posted:

"No one's allowed to like things that I find childish" says the very well adjusted smart man on the internet,

Yeah, I too love bronies.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I thought this was the RLM thread for a bit with all the Disney talk that's been going on.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

I thought this was the RLM thread for a bit with all the Disney talk that's been going on.

What is it really that is in your head
What little life that you had just died
I'm gonna be the one that's taking over
Now this is what it's like when threads colliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

WampaLord posted:

Now this is what it's like when threads colliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

I'm definitely ready to go.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

WampaLord posted:

FIND THE SECRET TAPE

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

large adult son posted:

FIND THE SECRET TAPE

I'm glad someone else has the exact same relationship to that song that I do.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

WampaLord posted:

I'm glad someone else has the exact same relationship to that song that I do.

COLLECT S-K-A-T-E

thps 2 and 3, Splinter Cell and a couple of point-and-click adventures are probably the only games that I've (devotedly) played

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

large adult son posted:

FIND THE PISS TAPE

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ahahaha YES
a game with hillary clinton skateboarding through the rust belt in search of votes and the piss tape

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

large adult son posted:

ahahaha YES
a game with hillary clinton skateboarding through the rust belt in search of votes and the piss tape

extremely unrealistic that she would look for votes in the rust belt

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hillary doing sick tricks in a coal mine hoping she convince the workers to kick-flip over to the democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Most of this is some over thinking nerd poo poo but I'm just gonna chip in here and say that Sacco's Footnotes in Gaza is one of the most depressing things I've read in my life.