Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

LinkesAuge posted:

Where did that horse come from when they got out of the hole? Did it just spawn there?

It was Carl, but as a ghost horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Daryl keeps fighting Rick cause he wants to bone down with him

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This episode had it all
- 5 minutes of tomato padding
- Teleporting zombies
- Convenient melee weapon spawns for main characters
- Massive hole you can't see or avoid somehow
- Fall damage disabled
- The last 5 remaining unrotten zombies to build a body pile with
- Spawning mount
- Zombies synchronised to the plot
- Sub-plot that advances about 5 frames
- A baseball bat, cause of the bat, see? It's like poetry, it rhymes

Truly an amazing show to have it all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wonder why the ratings are down :iiam:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LinkesAuge posted:

Where did that horse come from when they got out of the hole? Did it just spawn there?

*scribbles 'Biblical symbolism' on white board*

'Mmhmm yes, perfect!'

E: I loved the aerial shot at the very end; the horse got spooked enough to throw Rick onto rebar, then it's just chillin in the bottom corner of the screen as the two groups of zombies shamble closer.

We were expecting a new group of villains this season, but SURPRISE! It's the horses they tried to domesticate!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One might say Rick got punished for...

...horsing around

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Who was the hung dude Michonne found?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tortuga posted:

Most likely another rando Savior the Oceanside women offed.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Tortuga posted:

Rick. Oh that hung dude nm

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hahaha wow that was something

I'll find it to the writers, I didn't think TWD could impress me any more with stupidity, but here we are

Can't wait for all the ~symbolism~ in next week's episode!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Just finished the episode, and man the ratings crash after next week is going to be just absolutely insane. Like recently Gimple mentioned wanting to do like 10 more years, and more spinoffs, and I think he is reaching for straws hoping that what will hopefully be his last job in the industry just lasts forever. He is absolutely delusional.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
just finished this week's episode and lmao

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Hey maybe Eugene's giant nerd brain can invent something to help humanity keep crows out of their tomatoes, wouldn't that be dramatic

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Remy Marathe posted:

Hey maybe Eugene's giant nerd brain can invent something to help humanity keep crows out of their tomatoes, wouldn't that be dramatic

These people had to steal plows and wagons from a museum, I don’t think they’re even aware scarecrows exist.

I’d be shocked if their “crops” were more than just half-buried cans of veggies sitting in a field.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Remy Marathe posted:

You mean something that could scare crows? Like some sort of scarecrow? I dunno how that would be possible!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Saviors tried to put a zombie scare crow up and Darryl hosed it up because he's an emo bitch

Haven't watched this episode yet, really dreading it

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
It is slightly interesting to me that they didn't drag Rick's ~final episodes~ until at least the mid season finale. I would have put money on them going the full 16 if you asked me when I first saw the promo/heard the news.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
And then Rick was a zombie

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Has any show not tanked after losing the main protagonist? The Office lost half their viewers, Rosanne same thing. I just can’t imagine people continuing to watch the “B-team” and caring at all.

And that’s because the show doesn’t care about them either.

Here is an example... does anyone remember the name of the woman that killed The Governor? Or what happened to her after? Spoilers; she died off screen during a commercial.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Spellman posted:

He's looking about as dead as Glenn from the dumpster episode

Holy poo poo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Has any show not tanked after losing the main protagonist? The Office lost half their viewers, Rosanne same thing. I just can’t imagine people continuing to watch the “B-team” and caring at all.

Yea, they seemed to handle killing Rick in the worst way possible for keeping the show going. Like maybe Daryl, Carol, and Maggie could have carried the show if Rick went out at a peak or something.

But going out in such a lovely fashion, that doesn't really move the story along with his death, kind of feels like a nail in the coffin for the show.

Like, Carl died, but they managed to write it so the story went forward a bit with his death.

Rick, just dies in the middle of no where, and they will have to do a Zombie Rick showing up somewhere for even the main characters to know he died...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

But maybe, The Walking Dead isn't just a show about zombies. It's a Zombie TV show that will keep on going long after it died inside.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, they seemed to handle killing Rick in the worst way possible for keeping the show going. Like maybe Daryl, Carol, and Maggie could have carried the show if Rick went out at a peak or something.

But going out in such a lovely fashion, that doesn't really move the story along with his death, kind of feels like a nail in the coffin for the show.

Like, Carl died, but they managed to write it so the story went forward a bit with his death.

Rick, just dies in the middle of no where, and they will have to do a Zombie Rick showing up somewhere for even the main characters to know he died...

He won’t die in the middle of nowhere, the Next Week On... trailer shows him limping back to Alexandria to do the standard drawn-out goodbyes. It’ll still be stupid though because he’s just gonna bleed out at home from an idiotic injury.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Here is an example... does anyone remember the name of the woman that killed The Governor? Or what happened to her after? Spoilers; she died off screen during a commercial.

Is there really an "A-team" in this show though?

They are all the same interchangeable zombie killer "bad rear end" with one slight variation each. The only people who stand out are like... Eugene, and Gabriel back when he was a coward.

The rest of the cast are people no one cares about. Tara, Rosita, Jesus, Teh Gay, Coral's GF, Black Dante, Coral 2.0 and all the rest I can't even remember.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Negan and Ezekiel used to be kinda fun iirc?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I care about Tara, she's cool

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

"Maggie is done talking"

*cut to preview of next week's ep where all Maggie does is talk*

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Rick gonna be the first zombie on a horse

For some reason he will not bite the horse

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

LinkesAuge posted:

Lol, it belongs to one of Carol's group confronting the Saviors led by a that dude we're supposed to know that I've never seen before. She dismounts/dies off screen and they show the horse wandering away, apparently not exactly spooked by gunfire and probably just looking for a way off the show. It then teleports in front of Rick and Darryl.

Horses 2, Rick's group 0

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

so how did multiple saviours get guns in that last stupid standoff scene? Carol asks tomatoman where he got his and he mumbles something about killing a guard, but then...??? they have an actual gunfight when it should be the Kingdom people just mowing them down

also i peeked at the twitter/facehole pages for TWD and jesus christ people are like, actually praising this show and saying they cried at Glenn's death and blahblahblah and i'm just sitting here like :psyduck: i think this show not only turns its characters skulls and brains into pudding, but the viewers as well

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

moist turtleneck posted:

Rick gonna be the first zombie on a horse

For some reason he will not bite the horse

Rick will become the leader of the zombies, and gets them all killed in increasingly stupid plans.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

I didn't bother watching the episode, I'm just going off what the thread provides, but wasn't the episode just Rick and Darl wrestle themselves into a mystical 10 meter deep pit, they get out, a mysterious horse spawns, Rick presses E to mount it and then trips on a banana peel and falls on a piece of rebar that just sitting in the middle of the Georgia countryside?

That is better than the last season? Well.... yeah, I have to agree on that.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Gortarius posted:

I didn't bother watching the episode, I'm just going off what the thread provides, but wasn't the episode just Rick and Darl wrestle themselves into a mystical 10 meter deep pit, they get out, a mysterious horse spawns, Rick presses E to mount it and then trips on a banana peel and falls on a piece of rebar that just sitting in the middle of the Georgia countryside?

That is better than the last season? Well.... yeah, I have to agree on that.
Yes, and yes.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Vikings is still doing OK, but that's the only one that comes to mind.

Makes me wonder if killing off Madison on Fear wasn't a soft test to see how bad the ratings would tank if you kill off the lead.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Johnny Truant posted:

so how did multiple saviours get guns in that last stupid standoff scene? Carol asks tomatoman where he got his and he mumbles something about killing a guard, but then...??? they have an actual gunfight when it should be the Kingdom people just mowing them down

also i peeked at the twitter/facehole pages for TWD and jesus christ people are like, actually praising this show and saying they cried at Glenn's death and blahblahblah and i'm just sitting here like :psyduck: i think this show not only turns its characters skulls and brains into pudding, but the viewers as well

Like all zombie fiction there is some part of TWD's fanbase that really just wants to wank about how they'd use their guns to become the heroes of the apocalypse who must make tough decisions (like "must we kill??")

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
First part of episode was pretty good. Then the pit happened and it all fell apart.

There's a lot to pick apart so
Eugene: "heavy rains have caused flooding"
Later that same day, Daryl and Rick fall into a deep pit.
It's bone dry. Do the writers and director and continuity person not.pay any attention at all? Also I was shouting at Rick: YOU HAVE A HATCHET! He could have used it to make handholds in the pit walls and easily escaped at any time

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
Rick "Then Carl died for no reason...".

Well, that will be true regardless of what happens to Negan.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Does no-one remember Carl dying for a whole episode?
It's going to be that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Khablam posted:

Does no-one remember Carl dying for a whole episode?
It's going to be that again.

He might not die. Maybe he'll disappear for a season or so. The actor said he was going to take a break for a while.