Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

oh my god the chattering teeth :allears: :brrring:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

No Wave posted:

Those Nazeebo changes are not enough idgi.

Zuljin and Muradin buffs seem huge (RIP ensnare tho)

Junkrat's basic abilities don't seem that strong but his heroics look nutty.

The level 16 spider change is enough all by its lonesome.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Power Bottom posted:

i just violently outdamaged two master league assassin mains as morales

what is this

E: there's no loving way Second Opinion is going to remain as it is right now. Clear!, Blast Shield, and Second Opinion practically guarantees four things:
A considerable damage output if you can nail twos regularly (not hard with Clear!'s final reward and the dogpile nature of teamfights)
Unlimited Energy feedback from hitting targets, allowing for constant healing
Up to 40% bonus health constantly being reapplied every time she nails someone with the grenade
Constant knockback, making any kind of coordination a huge bitch

caaaaaaaaalled it

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Kurieg posted:

They seem. good?

Definitely. I don't know why they keep buffing the boneslicer/aa build though.

e: yeah he just seems really overtuned, wait and see if the basic AD reduction and the Let the Killing Begin changes are enough to keep him in check

Eraflure fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 9, 2017

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Zul'jin changes look interesting.

Nazeebo might actually need more nerfs than that given how broken he is.

Not really sure any supports needed nerfs, but those hits are fine probably.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Libertine posted:

Nazeebo might actually need more nerfs than that given how broken he is.

No mention in the patch notes of fixing the bug that is currently making him broken sooooo

If you are referring to just straight Spider build only, loss of Spider Colony severely kills the build. If they fix the bug + these changes, I think they went too far.

I'm also really not a fan of them continually nerfing supports when the high level/pro meta is totally cancerous with multiple support comps due to individual supports being nerfed so much

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 9, 2017

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Dietrich posted:

There are heroes that sweep the mines or murder the zerg waves very well, I don't see much of a difference between those heroes interactions with those maps and Rag's interaction with those maps. I think it makes the game more interesting when some heroes are better than others on specific maps.
Different heroes being much better or worse on different maps is one of the defining features of HotS versus other MOBAs. I'm completely fine with knowledge of hero/map interactions being another skill test for HL/TL and just accepting that QM is going to be terrible forever.
Someone at blizzard has a fetish for balancing via adjusting health and health regen.

Junkrat looks like a really fun one trick.

Muradin rework looks fine, maybe a slight nerf at worst and removed a lot of trap talents.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

No mention in the patch notes of fixing the bug that is currently making him broken sooooo

If you are referring to just straight Spider build only, loss of Spider Colony severely kills the build. If they fix the bug + these changes, I think they went too far.

what is the bug anyway?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Dietrich posted:

The level 16 spider change is enough all by its lonesome.
Spider build is the weaker build by far now. Spider Nazeebo is slightly op but more or less ok, Toad Nazeebo is totally broken to the point where a 10% damage reduction doesn't seem like enough.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kerrrrrrr posted:

what is the bug anyway?

Toads get 100% bonus damage from the level 7 without any hops

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

What this means: if you are a melee character diving nazeebo who finished pandemic you take 1800 damage x 2 charges before scaling.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

:stare: oh.

yeah that'll do it

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Midnightghoul posted:

In fixing this bug the toad build goes right back in line. Hitting someone with 5 +100% damage toads is what is stupid broken about the toad build.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't really have an opinion on current spider Nazeebo because I haven't seen anything but Toad Nazeebo for like a month in any match.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm also really not a fan of them continually nerfing supports when the high level/pro meta is totally cancerous with multiple support comps due to individual supports being nerfed so much

Midnightghoul posted:

What bug are you talking about? Someone in this thread said his toads are doing the max damage with Toads of Hugeness regardless of number of hops, so I went into try mode and tried it on both a dummy and an enemy hero. Toads of Hugeness scaled correctly on both the dummy and an Arthas hero (ie twice as much damage at five hops as at 0).

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Gobbeldygook posted:

What bug are you talking about? Someone in this thread said his toads are doing the max damage with Toads of Hugeness regardless of number of hops, so I went into try mode and tried it on both a dummy and an enemy hero. Toads of Hugeness scaled correctly on both the dummy and an Arthas hero (ie twice as much damage at five hops as at 0).

They might have fixed it already. I think the bug just got more people to try the toad build and realize that point blank 10 toads does a SHITLOAD of damage, even without the bug. I've always been a spider boi myself unless the other team has a butcher or illidan or another hero like that that's going to be all up in the team's business on the reg. Thing is if you can hit 5 spider jars reliably and have done a good job of building his trait stacks, his self sustain vs poke damage is insane, and even moreso when you get a spider jar every 3 seconds. That nerf is a straight 50% reduction in his sustain and a huge reduction in his damage with the spider build.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Toad build went from 53% win rate to 58% with the september 5th patch so it's possible that the totally unnecessary hop buff accounts for the entirety of his win rate gain. In which case the 10% dps reduction might be meaningful idk.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
How playable is this game on a high ping? I'm playing from Argentina, and Blizzard's South American servers are in Brasil which usually give me ~40 ping in Overwatch, but... they're a toxic cesspool, and I'd much rather find a group of regulars to play with and shoot the poo poo than trying to solo q.

Thing is, when I group up with goons and go to US servers (same region, mind), my ping shoots up to ~180 which, at least in OW, severely hinders my ability to play anything that requires hitscan aiming.

Could someone playing with lovely ping give me a trip report? Cheers.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Junkrat Talents

Level 1

Put Some English On It (Q)
Increases Frag Launcher's travel distance by 50%, but does not increase its speed.

Extra-Wound Timers (Q)
Frag Launcher grenades last an additional 2 seconds before automatically detonating.

Bouncy Bouncy (Q)
Upon colliding with terrain for the first time, Frag Launcher grenades deal 20% more damage.

Level 4

Taste For Explosions (!Q)
! Quest: Hitting a Hero with Frag Launcher increase its damage by 0.75, up to 150.

Bonzer Hits (!W)
! Quest: Hit enemy Heroes 12 times with Concussion Mine.

! Reward: Concussion Mine deals 30% more damage and knocks enemies back 30% farther.

Gotta Trap 'Em All! (!E)
! Quest: Hit 8 Heroes with Steel Trap.

! Reward: Reduce Steel Trap's cooldown by 3 seconds and increase the maximum number of active traps to 3.

Level 7

Tricky Shuffles (Q)
While Frag Launcher has no charges left, gain 15% Movement Speed.

Big As (E)
Increase Steel Trap's radius and damage by 50%.

Sticky Wicket (E)
Steel Trap no longer Roots enemies, and instead Slows them by 90% for 3 seconds.

Level 13

Ripper Air (W)
Junkrat is knocked back 50% farther by Concussion Mine. Additionally, Concussion Mine's cooldown is reduced by 12 seconds if only Junkrat is hit.

Bogged Down (W)
Enemies launched by Concussion Mine are Slowed by 60% for 2 seconds upon landing.

Chattering Teeth (E)
Steel Traps will slowly chase nearby enemy Heroes.

Level 16

Burst Fire (Q)
Frag Launcher fires all of its charges in a continuous burst, its cooldown is reduced by 6 seconds, but it loses 1 maximum charge.

Endless Nades (Q)
Hitting an enemy Hero with Frag Launcher reduces its cooldown by 1.5 seconds.

Spread Volley (Active)
Cooldown: 30 Seconds

Activate to make Frag Launcher fire 2 additional grenades in a spread. Works for up to 4 total charges, or until Frag Launcher runs out of charges.

Level 20

Extra Oomph (Heroic R)
Increase RIP-Tire's knockback distance by 50%, and its cooldown is reduced by 20 seconds for each enemy Hero hit.

Puckish Scamp (Heroic R)
Reduce Rocket Ride's cooldown by 70 seconds.

Cannonball! (Q)
Increase the radius and explosion radius of grenades from Basic Attacks and Frag Launcher by 50%.

BOOM POW (W)
Hitting an enemy Hero with Concussion Mine reduces its cooldown by 10 seconds.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
*waits patiently for a Hammer rework*

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

How playable is this game on a high ping? I'm playing from Argentina, and Blizzard's South American servers are in Brasil which usually give me ~40 ping in Overwatch, but... they're a toxic cesspool, and I'd much rather find a group of regulars to play with and shoot the poo poo than trying to solo q.

Thing is, when I group up with goons and go to US servers (same region, mind), my ping shoots up to ~180 which, at least in OW, severely hinders my ability to play anything that requires hitscan aiming.

Could someone playing with lovely ping give me a trip report? Cheers.

I've been having lovely ping issues since about the Sunday before Ana went live.

It sucks. You're almost never going to be able to hit anything with skillshots because by the time you react and hit/release the key, everything's already 2-3 seconds long gone from where you were aiming.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Big rear end

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

As an Australian some of those talent names are loving painful to read, Bogged Down is excellent though but I'm a child. I mean I shouldn't be surprised American media never portrays us properly (we're not racist enough in your shows) besides the newest Lucioball event in Overwatch, fuckin' nailed Sydney harbour.

It's a stupid complaint I know.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy gently caress Junkrat looks fun as hell.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chattering teeth is extremely lol.

EDIT: Very curious what the total CD is for rocket ride post-puckish scamp. Could be total cancer on defense if it's not a 100 CD baseline.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 9, 2017

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

On the topic of Nazeebo, what does a toad build look like? Just toads at 1, 4, and 13? I generally build for zombie wall, taking the following...

1.) Thing of the deep
4.) Blood Ritual
7.) Dead Rush
10.) Usually Gargantuan
13.) Superstition (or Iceblock)
16.) Ring of Poison
20.) Vile Infection

Nazeebo is one of my most played characters and this is the build that seemed to really click, so I haven't really deviated at all in some time.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Looking through the shop right now, items that are from Events like the new Halloween stuff and the summer stuff from earlier this year now have icons denoting that they're from event chests.

Also, they added a Junkrat announcer pack, Legendary quality.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

No Wave posted:

If it didn't have the sound effects and animations, it'd be whatever, but the sound absolutely loving sells it. poo poo's hilarious.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

EDIT: Very curious what the total CD is for rocket ride post-puckish scamp. Could be total cancer on defense if it's not a 100 CD baseline.

It's 100 seconds normally, 30 seconds with the level 20 upgrade.

Takes about 3 Rocket Rides to blow up the fort in the Test Map at level 20 with no other damage on it. Also, the increased mount speed after you respawn lasts until you dismount, either by your own actions or getting hit by the enemy team.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 9, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I'm a tiny bit disappointed that Junkrat's Q is just a better version of Zarya's Q.

It's kind of a bummer when two heroes have very similar skills and the general tendency of Overwatch heroes to be very similar kind of compounds it. Maybe that is being unfair just because they are from the same universe.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You can bodyblock Junkrat's Q.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

bamhand posted:

You can bodyblock Junkrat's Q.

Only after the initial arc, though.

It's actually better than Zarya's Q because if you miss the initial arc by .01 meters, then it just rolls into a hit anyway.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Voodoo Shuffle is so much better than Troll's Blood it's crazy. They really did not need to tack it on Regeneration passives to make it useful.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The Demon Junkrat skin gets a specially themed rocket and it's rad as hell.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Too bad about the event-specific loot boxes. Time to get heroes close, but not beyond, leveling I guess!

PTR loading screen is neat artwork.

e: here:

The worst part about Nazeebo's new "Spider Colony" talent is that it doesn't really affect Zombie wall 90% of the time, since you want to wall and THEN spider, and the CD on wall isn't active until the wall is done.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 9, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Too bad about the event-specific loot boxes. Time to get heroes close, but not beyond, leveling I guess!

At least this time you're guaranteed at least one event item in every box, though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Am I being dumb or is there no reason you'd want to turn Junkrat's root into a 90% slow? I don't get that talent.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Kai Tave posted:

Am I being dumb or is there no reason you'd want to turn Junkrat's root into a 90% slow? I don't get that talent.

It increases the duration from 2 to 3 seconds as well.

Still seems like a meh talent for that tier, though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It increases the duration from 2 to 3 seconds as well.

Still seems like a meh talent for that tier, though.

Oh okay. Ehnnnn, that seems like a pretty questionable talent, yeah. I guess maybe if you combo it with the talent that lets you place three traps at once you could create a pretty heinous tarpit for people to stumble through, otherwise I don't know that it's worth it over, say, 50% bigger traps.

Something the video wasn't clear on but in Overwatch when Junkrat tosses a trap he and his team can clearly see it but the enemy team sees it sunk into the ground with only the points of the teeth sticking out, does it work that way in HotS as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Really sad trip report: Junkrat's "Gotta Trap 'Em All!" lets you lay 3 traps, but they have a spacing limitation similar to Zagara's Nydus Worms. I was hoping to put all 3 in a bush, wait for a rotation, and Rocket Ride to glory.

Kai Tave posted:

Might help you land Rocket Ride + the Total Mayhem "death" bombs after, if 2 seconds isn't enough.