Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/reviews/story/2012-07-10/howard-stern-agt-review/56119616/1

Article saying that Stern is making the other judges on AGT look harrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I watched the Ugly Meter videos and the one with the Stern look-a-like.

Those are some good laughs there. Plus the IQ test, which was dated 2010. Can that really be possible?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

musclecoder posted:

It's a repeat of the first time they played it. It's not a bad special, but if you heard it the first time you're not getting anything new.

Ah, thanks - I recorded it the first time, don't need to bother recording it this time then. Thought it looked familiar.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/reviews/story/2012-07-10/howard-stern-agt-review/56119616/1

Article saying that Stern is making the other judges on AGT look harrible.

A broken light bulb wrapped in newspaper could outshine Sharon Osbourne.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Did not watch "AGT" last night. Anything of interest?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I did not watch AGT last night, but I can confirm that there was nothing of interest.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Did not watch "AGT" last night. Anything of interest?

Howard did say to a contestant in the middle of a rant, "you're not fun, you're not funny."

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Howard was attacking Howie for putting through that short dude who can't sing and for tweeting during the serious judging show.

Then Sharron kept calling them ladies, like it was an insult or that only women fight or something and a few people sang and a dude told some hacky jokes and bit parts from any half way decent circus type show did a few things.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I watch it because of Howard and I think there is enough of his personality to enjoy the show, even though it's really stupid and gently caress everyone

WHATEVER DUUUUUUUUUUDE

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I'm late to the party, finally listening to Friday's show. What the gently caress is up with Ronnie? He acts like he's this tough rear end thug, fresh out of lockup.
That attitude is going to get him beaten down by someone who really is a tough guy.

It's times like this that I long for the terrestrial years when we could get things like the Cabbie vs John fight.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Manifest posted:

What the gently caress is up with Ronnie? He acts like he's this tough rear end thug, fresh out of lockup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Well obviously. I'm sure working for a prostitution ring didn't help either.

Beth just tweeted that she'll be at the live AGT tonight. There must be some animals that need saving.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

Well obviously. I'm sure working for a prostitution ring didn't help either.

Beth just tweeted that she'll be at the live AGT tonight. There must be some animals that need saving.

Ronnie worked for a prostitution ring? :aaa:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You've never heard Howard talk about the 6 months after divorce, before Beth, where he banged everyone he met?

(He mentions it about 3 times a show)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

prefect posted:

With the amount of sleazy strip clubs he visits I'm surprised he doesn't run one by now.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

prefect posted:

Ronnie was on the Scores staff, working for Lonnie in some weird capacity that no one could ever figure out, the NYPD did a prostitution bust on the place.
When it settled down Lonnie had gone to work at Rick's Cabaret, and Scoresman923 was now Rickyman.
Howard (shockingly) glossed over it when it all happened, but "Let's go to scores and gently caress some whores" sure sounds different in this context.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Manifest posted:

What the gently caress is up with Ronnie?

1, He's a four foot tall, old angry jew
2. And he thinks he's Italian too
3. His belly is huge

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Beep, beep get the f--- outta my way!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Slowly but surely I am making it through the first year of Howard on Sirus. I don't have much time to listen but when I do I thoroughly enjoy it. I am currently at 09/11/06 which is the 5 year anniversary of the 9/11 show and they replay it. I am pretty excited because it's also the same week for the red carpet premier of Artie Lange's Beerleauge and I want to hear the aftermath of all that. The week before there was crazy Eddie Van Halen interview where he claimed to cure cancer and Steve O called in for an interview where was wasted on Whip it's. Also that week they had Doug Stanhope in with his crazy girlfriend Bingo and that was awesome.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

jase1 posted:

Slowly but surely I am making it through the first year of Howard on Sirus. I don't have much time to listen but when I do I thoroughly enjoy it. I am currently at 09/11/06 which is the 5 year anniversary of the 9/11 show and they replay it. I am pretty excited because it's also the same week for the red carpet premier of Artie Lange's Beerleauge and I want to hear the aftermath of all that. The week before there was crazy Eddie Van Halen interview where he claimed to cure cancer and Steve O called in for an interview where was wasted on Whip it's. Also that week they had Doug Stanhope in with his crazy girlfriend Bingo and that was awesome.

Doug Stanhope is the best. (Not actually the best Stern-show guest, but probably my favorite non-dead comedian.)

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

prefect posted:

Doug Stanhope is the best. (Not actually the best Stern-show guest, but probably my favorite non-dead comedian.)

I am not to big of a fan of his stand up but he killed it on the Stern show that day. Which is why I enjoy Howard so much. I never got to hear him much until I discovered this thread. I always knew about him just never listened and Howard does an excellent job of making people I don't even like step up their game and kill it. The interviews he has done the first year on Sirus are amazing he made Cuba Gooding Jr. interesting and I loving hate that guy.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

jase1 posted:

I am currently at 09/11/06 which is the 5 year anniversary of the 9/11 show and they replay it. I am pretty excited because it's also the same week for the red carpet premier of Artie Lange's Beerleauge and I want to hear the aftermath of all that. The week before there was crazy Eddie Van Halen interview where he claimed to cure cancer and Steve O called in for an interview where was wasted on Whip it's. Also that week they had Doug Stanhope in with his crazy girlfriend Bingo and that was awesome.

Look at all that good material they used to generate in a week or two of shows. Now nothing notable happens for months.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Pleasant dreams.

edit; just keep looking at it.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

That looks like some cut scene from Gabriel Knight or some other 90s PC game

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
She looks like loving Lestat.

"Howie, Howie, always whining, Howie"

"Have you heard enough? I've had to listen to this for centuries"

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Bonzo posted:

1, He's a four foot tall, old angry jew
2. And he thinks he's Italian too
3. His belly is huge

Let us not forget that he wears bifocals so he can see, and that his t-shirt's way too tight.

Well, it's taken about 5 or 6 years, but Artie talking through a mouthful of food directly into the mic has made the jump from funny to awful and disgusting and annoying, for me anyways. Still, that's some amazing legs for a bit.

I'm waaay behind on N&A. Is Nick still adamant about defending Joe Pa and PSU after today's revelations? Considering his desperate need to play Devil's advocate against all that's wrong with the world today, and how we vote the way we do (?), plus his grotesque, uneducated political world views, gonna go ahead and venture a big "yes" on that. Boy, is he lucky he's funny and good looking.

Also, can someone refresh my memory as to when Artie did the Bill Curtis, Rick Santorum, dead baby bit?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

DangerDummy! posted:

I'm waaay behind on N&A. Is Nick still adamant about defending Joe Pa and PSU after today's revelations? Considering his desperate need to play Devil's advocate against all that's wrong with the world today, and how we vote the way we do (?), plus his grotesque, uneducated political world views, gonna go ahead and venture a big "yes" on that. Boy, is he lucky he's funny and good looking.

I think they've been on vacation for a couple weeks so I guess Monday night we'll see what he has to say.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DangerDummy! posted:

I'm about a month behind, and I almost had to stop listening when Nick was going on about how Jon Stewart makes almost as much money as Mitt Romney does, so all criticisms of Romney are therefore invalid.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

prefect posted:

I'm about a month behind, and I almost had to stop listening when Nick was going on about how Jon Stewart makes almost as much money as Mitt Romney does, so all criticisms of Romney are therefore invalid.

Nick is loving retarded. 2 seconds on google shows how wildly incorrect that statement is.
By that logic nothing any of the Fox News anchors say is valid either.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

Nick is loving retarded. 2 seconds on google shows how wildly incorrect that statement is.
By that logic nothing any of the Fox News anchors say is valid either.

The Fox News anchors don't hate America and hard-working rich people, so what they say is okay. Nick was only angry at Jon Stewart because he was being mean to those poor overworked rich folk.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Everything about Nick DePaolo is loving dumb. He's almost as stupid as DePace. I wonder what it is about having a last name that starts D-E-P that causes you to have such a malformed and childlike understanding of the world.

Only the belligerent rightwing in America can find a way to defend a boy rapist's cover guy simply because a liberal somewhere, sometime, said boy rape was bad.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

With Nick I've noticed he seems to get mad at any older white guys not bring treated with the utmost deity-like respect. And as soon as they're criticized he complains that it's only because it's hip to make fun of white people.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Nick and Artie are both blinded by their own privilege to the point where everyone else is just a freeloader.
Really though, they both just got lucky by climbing onto Howard's dick.

On a similar note, did anyone see the tweet where Artie said he met up with Howard and apologized for being a "lying junkie?"
I want to know how that went down.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Manifest posted:

On a similar note, did anyone see the tweet where Artie said he met up with Howard and apologized for being a "lying junkie?"
I want to know how that went down.

Yeah, it was a little strange, he made some comment about how he couldn't say where they met up or something.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

I stopped watching SNL a long time ago, but I was pretty interested by most of the stories and interviews for the "SNL on Stern" special. Anytime they played those old shows I'm jarred by how much they loving clapped at everything (and how awkward it was).

Hey, we've got Eddie Murphy in the studio! *clap* *clap* *clap*
Have a seat, Eddie. *clap* *clap* *clap*
So I saw that movie you just did. *clap* *clap* *clap*
You must be making a ton of dough now. *clap* *clap* *clap*

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Sasquatch! posted:

I stopped watching SNL a long time ago, but I was pretty interested by most of the stories and interviews for the "SNL on Stern" special. Anytime they played those old shows I'm jarred by how much they loving clapped at everything (and how awkward it was).

Hey, we've got Eddie Murphy in the studio! *clap* *clap* *clap*
Have a seat, Eddie. *clap* *clap* *clap*
So I saw that movie you just did. *clap* *clap* *clap*
You must be making a ton of dough now. *clap* *clap* *clap*

It was an awful trend on the show for a few years and I am glad it died off, along with Out of The Closet Stern.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

If he calls himself Howeird it's an instant no-listen. Meanwhile cruising through the 2008 show, in one week in May we got "big pendulous breasts", 100 million graaand, and the Gary the Retard getting caught smoking prank calls. I love hearing the shows where the drops all come from, and I'm looking forward to Lisa G making GBS threads at work.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Sand Monster posted:

Yeah, it was a little strange, he made some comment about how he couldn't say where they met up or something.

The internet theory is that they met up while visting with Robin.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

100 million graaand

No joke I've listened to that entire loving show every time I've had a to fly on an airplane since 2008.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.

Szyznyk posted:

If he calls himself Howeird it's an instant no-listen.

You got that right: he used to be so obnoxiously affected that I think people who truly hate Stern are justified if they stopped listening around 1987. I love Best of, but his '80s era "comedy" bits are so cringe-inducing that I have to take my earbuds out or skip until they pass. Considering he's such a control freak, I'm surprised he even lets stuff like the "Leave it to Beaver" and "Lucy" riffs get replayed. There is absolutely no funny DNA in any of it.