Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Taikuri posted:

Here is a link without region lock:

It's a link with a different region lock. I can view the original video just fine, but this one isn't available in my region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ZiegeDame posted:

What I'm here wondering is how much time Zeke has left.

I definitely don't think we can pinpont that one based on what we already know but I do think it will be a relevant concept in coming chapters.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I saw the first season or most of it a long time ago. I was just catching up through wikipedia, and it sounds like it just got really interesting in the manga. Obviously I'm missing a lot by just going from brief synopsis but it sounds like the walled people are actually in some kind of mega concentration camp or something, at the very least segregated there intentionally by a more powerful group. Googling something along those lines more brings up some other parallel with Japan's atrocities in Korea. I guess what's happening here is I'm interested in this again but haven't actually read most of it but I still want to discuss what sounds like a really interesting twist.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
There arfe about four other really interesting twists between where you left off and where we are now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
chapter 89

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Chapter-089?id=341046

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Holy poo poo that is an insanely bad translation.

Wait, are they in some kind insane memory-based time loop?

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 29, 2016

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why are they in jail again?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Holy poo poo that is an insanely bad translation.

Wait, are they in some kind insane memory-based time loop?

Its worse than google I think. gently caress I cant read this

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

free basket of chips posted:

Why are they in jail again?

Insubordination during the Armin vs. Erwin syringe debacle.

This chapter: it's interesting that Krueger namedrops Armin and Mikasa when injecting Grisha because Grisha does the same when injecting Eren. Makes me think that a titan shifter's memory is actually a gestalt consciousness that can perceive past, present, and future simultaneously, and that the end of this chapter shows the future bleeding into the past. Perhaps that's also how we get "to you, 2000 years from now".

change my name
Aug 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!

In It For The Tank posted:

Insubordination during the Armin vs. Erwin syringe debacle.

This chapter: it's interesting that Krueger namedrops Armin and Mikasa when injecting Grisha because Grisha does the same when injecting Eren. Makes me think that a titan shifter's memory is actually a gestalt consciousness that can perceive past, present, and future simultaneously, and that the end of this chapter shows the future bleeding into the past. Perhaps that's also how we get "to you, 2000 years from now".

I can't believe the titan shifting power came from the Arrival aliens

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This is basically the twist from the end of Assassins' Creed 2.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

So if Historia rides on Eren's shoulder in battle, he can control the titans? Should be good enough until he eats Zeke.

Do you think this story will extend to leaving Paradise island and attacking the Marley government? I honestly can only see them killing Zeke, get control of all the shifters, and end the story at the ocean. Then have some nice epilogue of taking control of their history, ready to press forward at any new threat no matter how big, all that good theme stuff.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sub Harrison posted:

So if Historia rides on Eren's shoulder in battle, he can control the titans? Should be good enough until he eats Zeke.

Do you think this story will extend to leaving Paradise island and attacking the Marley government? I honestly can only see them killing Zeke, get control of all the shifters, and end the story at the ocean. Then have some nice epilogue of taking control of their history, ready to press forward at any new threat no matter how big, all that good theme stuff.

That would be a pretty disappointing ending, since there would be an implied massive bloody war after the end that would kind of ruin any good feelings.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The latest translation is flat incomprehensible.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

The latest translation is flat incomprehensible.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Ytlaya posted:

That would be a pretty disappointing ending, since there would be an implied massive bloody war after the end that would kind of ruin any good feelings.
Maintaining the will to fight against seemingly insurmountable odds is the biggest theme of this series, if it doesn't end with a monologue by Armin or Eren about how the beauty of the free world is worth fighting for I will be more shocked than by anything else this comic has thrown at us.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

heres a better translation http://imgur.com/a/PAj9A

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

snucks posted:

Maintaining the will to fight against seemingly insurmountable odds is the biggest theme of this series, if it doesn't end with a monologue by Armin or Eren about how the beauty of the free world is worth fighting for I will be more shocked than by anything else this comic has thrown at us.

Yeah exactly. The final chapters should be akin to Krueger's freedom speech last chapter, except Eren and friends are standing on the coastline.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So, the Eldian government used not only the shifter titans but also mindless titans as weapons. Did they just round up a bunch of their own peasants, inject them and unleash them on their enemies? hosed up.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat the future bleeding into past has some weird consequences in this story. The very first scenes in the manga get flipped upside down

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wait, if the only titans are the 9 special titans and mindless titans, what's up with all the colossal titans in the walls? Those don't look like any mindless titans we've seen.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

Wait, if the only titans are the 9 special titans and mindless titans, what's up with all the colossal titans in the walls? Those don't look like any mindless titans we've seen.

I imagine that they can control what sort of mindless titans they get, sort of give them extra titan juice for size and order them to link up and exude a wall shaped cocoon.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat the future bleeding into past has some weird consequences in this story. The very first scenes in the manga get flipped upside down

There's a chance that the whole story so far has been someone's memory.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Casual reminder that the first chapter is titled, "To You, 2,000 Years from Now", and that we're introduced to Eren waking up from a really long dream confused about what Mikasa looks like, then crying, seemingly without cause.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sarcophallus posted:

Casual reminder that the first chapter is titled, "To You, 2,000 Years from Now", and that we're introduced to Eren waking up from a really long dream confused about what Mikasa looks like, then crying, seemingly without cause.

Yeah thats what I mean. It wasn't a flashback where Mikasa has shorter hair. He was seeing a flashforward of Mikasa as she is now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So the titan to the left of Ymir in the flaskback is totally the one in the Ilse Notebook side-story. Guess that explains it.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The two guys fleeing from her in the panel after that look like Reiner and Bertholdt.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They are

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kassad posted:

The two guys fleeing from her in the panel after that look like Reiner and Bertholdt.

She ate the 3rd member of their party, that's how she became a shifter.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Oh, right. It's been so long that I forgot that happened.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

TWIST FIST posted:

heres a better translation http://imgur.com/a/PAj9A

Much better. The one in mangareader makes no sense at all. By halfway I just given up on the text and was just looking at the pictures

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is this worth reading

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

eonwe posted:

is this worth reading

Yeah, is perfectly inteligible at least

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this week has been really slow at work. day before yesterday I read the entire dragonball manga. maybe ill read this today

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

eonwe posted:

is this worth reading

I wouldn't recommend it.

Read something else like One Piece Beelzebub Helck MHA or HXH

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

eonwe posted:

is this worth reading

Yes.

Edited for content:
:colbert:

genericnick fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 30, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

eonwe posted:

is this worth reading

It ain't gonna change the world, but it's pretty decent; so, yes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
alrighty, Im gonna read it! thanks guys

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

eonwe posted:

alrighty, Im gonna read it! thanks guys

It's an ugly manga at first but he does kinetic action very very well. Also some of the twists are outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont know about you but im tired of meticulously painted mangas. Some of my favorite series recently have had questionable art, but are fuckin great comics.

And AoT isnt the same without its grotesqueries and unique art

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 30, 2016