Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Switch has beaten the Wii U lifetime sales lol. Poor Wii U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Is there a guide on this anywhere? I read Nintendo fixed the d pad on the xenoblade controller so I was waiting for them to do it on the regular ones soon

I did my own d pad fix on the actual switch and it's absolutely amazing

drat. They should have called it Molest

this looks cool but how do you use it in single joycon mode... lol jk

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Switch has beaten the Wii U lifetime sales lol. Poor Wii U

Nintendo needs to stop all console development, dismantle their entire company, and race to the bottom of the iOS store making 99 cent apps! I'm a big man at Forbes I know what I'm talking about.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Tato posted:

Nintendo needs to stop all console development, dismantle their entire company, and race to the bottom of the iOS store making 99 cent apps! I'm a big man at Forbes I know what I'm talking about.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/958876622517452801

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hopefully it's Mario Run quality and not Fire Emblem quality

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/958878633652731904

oh christ its the minions people

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

awesome, i cant wait

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
How many voices does Charles do? Poor guy's got his work cut out for him.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis posted:

oh christ its the minions people

Awesome.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Cobalt Viper posted:

Is Mario going to be speaking in complete sentences?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Cobalt Viper posted:

he's going to be so disappointed when they give the role to kiefer sutherland

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

GameCube posted:

this looks cool but how do you use it in single joycon mode... lol jk

I tested that and surprisingly it works just fine.

angry_keebler posted:

The xenoblade controller is evidently only marginally better and a lot of people say it still misreads inputs all the time.

This guy has images that show the problem area and recommend a fix of just putting two pieces of scotch tape.

When I fixed mine I painted over the contacts with a clear acrylic more or less over the areas shaded red in that image and placed a little square of 7mil electrical tape over the center bump where the pad rests. That elevates the center of the dpad enough that it makes it feel a little more clicky and that you need to commit a little bit more to trigger a press because you feel that extra fraction of travel.

E: one thing I didn't see mentioned in that link is that there are a couple of ribbon cables you need to watch out for when you take it apart. The cable for the shoulder buttons is super thin. I'm sure there's a thousand teardown videos promising to reveal nintendo's secret message on youtube.

Thanks for posting this! I did it and found it wasn't registering like 20% of my d pad presses so I found a reddit thread that said to not go past that little indent line thing and now it works fantastic!

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 2, 2018

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_CdmAfUyA

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rebuying botw w/ both DLCs on switch is the best choice ive ever made. this game is incredible

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

oh no....

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish i was a child on summer vacation for BOTW because its really hard to pry myself away from it, there's just always something interesting around the corner. you make a plan to head to a shrine or tower and on the way you spot a suspicious hill or building, and from there you spot a lonely lake or notice youre near a big skull-shaped building on the map, etc. and then 4 hours flew by

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

extremebuff posted:

i wish i was a child on summer vacation for BOTW because its really hard to pry myself away from it, there's just always something interesting around the corner. you make a plan to head to a shrine or tower and on the way you spot a suspicious hill or building, and from there you spot a lonely lake or notice youre near a big skull-shaped building on the map, etc. and then 4 hours flew by

Yeah

My previous record for time spent playing a game was final fantasy 6 at 52 hours

I have over 200 hours in breath of the wild and I just found the fourth fairy fountain last week

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i lost 2017 to that loving game

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

extremebuff posted:

I've been finding out recently my interest in a game isn't how many hours long I play it but just how long I play it for

Which explains why I could play 200 hour JRPGs over a summer but over an entire year I'm just like lol gently caress this

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

I tested that and surprisingly it works just fine.

Thanks for posting this! I did it and found it wasn't registering like 20% of my d pad presses so I found a reddit thread that said to not go past that little indent line thing and now it works fantastic!

Yeah, before you make the fix the pro controller is really good, but after it's definitely the best controller you can buy. I like it way more than either the ds4 or xbox elite for pc. The only thing I'd change would be to add analog triggers or just two step triggers, but that's really only for playing Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion, and you can use L as a modifier for zl/zr so it's still fine for gamecube emulation.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

angry_keebler posted:

Yeah, before you make the fix the pro controller is really good, but after it's definitely the best controller you can buy. I like it way more than either the ds4 or xbox elite for pc. The only thing I'd change would be to add analog triggers or just two step triggers, but that's really only for playing Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion, and you can use L as a modifier for zl/zr so it's still fine for gamecube emulation.

It's definitely the most comfortable controller I've ever used

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

It's definitely the most comfortable controller I've ever used

the switch pro is really drat good

played zelda for like 10 hours today lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/960558659334844421

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

that preview image is great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UwlKkZiTo the music inside the beasts is so good. shame about everything else lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

toad's head/hat mystery has finally been solved

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres no way it could have been anything else. the implications of it just being a hat or accessory are grotesque. he looks sort of like an old baby as it is

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

He explicitly says it's a hat in Paper Jam.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he was lying to protect his friends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

He explicitly says it's a hat in Paper Jam.

This.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
"Should we spend $3.60 on a styrofoam shaped ball, cut it in half, and paint red circles on it?"

"Nah gently caress it. Just give him a wacky haircut"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that movie is cool because they brought in a bunch of people with no interest in video games who wanted to make a weird dystopian sci-fi picture that actually resembles the grim mario fanart posted above

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5S0v_lrGlg&hd=1

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

It took me half the video to realize that was a hat and not a weird receding afro

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Nintendo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hes right!