Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
thats also an its always sunny thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Qu Appelle posted:

I don't know what the gently caress 'milksteak' is, but I hope it's people taking strips of cooked steak, dunking them in milk as if it was a doughnut, and then eating it. Because a. that is gross, and b. something I could see them doing, in hopes that it'll 'trigger snowflakes', in a badly produced YouTube video series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ezpExQ_k0

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysVSIlL-mzM

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I have a feeling that I need to watch this show now. This is simultaneously horrific and wonderful.

I can see fight milk becoming a real product.

Qu Appelle has issued a correction as of 21:23 on Aug 4, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

always sunny is really good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Qu Appelle posted:

I have a feeling that I need to watch this show now. This is simultaneously horrific and wonderful.

You've missed out.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Karl Barks posted:

here's a good article form zegerman's favorite website, twitchy

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017...rs-predicament/

drat this is a bad website

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You've missed out.

Luckily, I'm about to rectify the horrible direction my life has taken, and will watch this show.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Qu Appelle posted:

Luckily, I'm about to rectify the horrible direction my life has taken, and will watch this show.

i wish i was you :allears:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I've only see Garrison depictions of Molyneux and I don't know what I expected

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

zegermans posted:

That's not an argument.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
logical fallacy

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
the fun thing about people loving that method of argument is that it itself is a logical fallacy

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Gravy Jones posted:

relying on outlaw motorcycle gangs for security never ends badly

putting the alt in altamont

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I tried getting /pol/ behind me on this issue and my call to arms was archived within hours, which was some loving nonsense. There is no greater threat to America than (((Mark Zuckerburg))). None. And we need to get to work on this NOW. All sources concur he plans to run for God Emperor's throne in 2024. He has already launched a campaign to silence opposing thought on his platform and we have all suffered. I was recently zucced for merely criticizing their policies. FB has been going after the mods of the most popular pro-Trump groups and anything alt-right. This week I had 5 accounts deleted within hours and all they had done was join alt-right groups without even posting. The zucc is real, it is focused on US, and it has clear purpose. This is not about (((his))) so-called community standards. This is about denying us a platform to red pill when he attempts to hijack our country. In response we must prepare NOW. We must use FB while we still can to brand Zucc before Zucc brands himself to the masses. I don't think that movie was enough, movies slip from the zeitgeist so quickly nowadays, but memes recycle forever. We must use every spell in the meme magic grimoire to discredit, smear, and cast him as an evil, vile, treacherous censor unworthy of any consideration. A slimeball. We must bury him before he even begins to mount his public campaign. Because once he does we will no longer have social media from which to launch our attacks at normies. We have to be preemptive. We must act now. (((Zuckerberg))) is the Final Boss in the Meme War. No methods are beneath us. But the truth always hits hardest.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I tried getting /pol/ behind me on this issue and my call to arms was archived within hours, which was some loving nonsense. There is no greater threat to America than (((Mark Zuckerburg))). None. And we need to get to work on this NOW. All sources concur he plans to run for God Emperor's throne in 2024. He has already launched a campaign to silence opposing thought on his platform and we have all suffered. I was recently zucced for merely criticizing their policies. FB has been going after the mods of the most popular pro-Trump groups and anything alt-right. This week I had 5 accounts deleted within hours and all they had done was join alt-right groups without even posting. The zucc is real, it is focused on US, and it has clear purpose. This is not about (((his))) so-called community standards. This is about denying us a platform to red pill when he attempts to hijack our country. In response we must prepare NOW. We must use FB while we still can to brand Zucc before Zucc brands himself to the masses. I don't think that movie was enough, movies slip from the zeitgeist so quickly nowadays, but memes recycle forever. We must use every spell in the meme magic grimoire to discredit, smear, and cast him as an evil, vile, treacherous censor unworthy of any consideration. A slimeball. We must bury him before he even begins to mount his public campaign. Because once he does we will no longer have social media from which to launch our attacks at normies. We have to be preemptive. We must act now. (((Zuckerberg))) is the Final Boss in the Meme War. No methods are beneath us. But the truth always hits hardest.

if those idiots hadn't written TRUMP into every syllable of their meme magic they would have still had the power to stop zuck but they blew all their literal and figurative chi into getting a fat rapist idiot elected president because it would piss off the normies and now zucks gonna wipe em from existence

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Kinda interesting he scares them so much

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Kinda interesting he scares them so much

Imagine the doxxings he could levy upon them

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

pillsburysoldier posted:

Imagine the doxxings he could levy upon them
See, I'm trying to imagine the backlash to them (and to Trump). It might take weird ~hypernormalized~ forms and Zuck might be part of it. I dunno. Some of them seem to think it. For me it's more a feeling the internet has gone off the rails into some Jaron Lanier-esque dystopia.

Al! posted:

if those idiots hadn't written TRUMP into every syllable of their meme magic they would have still had the power to stop zuck but they blew all their literal and figurative chi into getting a fat rapist idiot elected president because it would piss off the normies and now zucks gonna wipe em from existence
*falls into spice trance*

*has visions of the zuck legions burning across cyberspace*

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the more time they waste on facebook the better off we all are, so I say let's see them try to take out one the richest guys in the world with a 'meme magic grimoire'

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

always sunny is really good

Yeah, but if you watch more than 2 or so episodes in a sitting you begin to feel real bad about humans in the world which is why I only watch TRUMP

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Some wikitopians explicitly hope to see education subsumed by wikis. It is at least possible that in the fairly near future enough communication and education will take place through anonymous Internet aggregation that we could become vulnerable to a sudden dangerous empowering of the hive mind. History has shown us again and again that a hive mind is a cruel idiot when it runs on autopilot. Nasty hive mind outbursts have been flavored Maoist, Fascist, and religious, and these are only a small sampling. I don't see why there couldn't be future social disasters that appear suddenly under the cover of technological utopianism. If wikis are to gain any more influence they ought to be improved by mechanisms like the ones that have worked tolerably well in the pre-Internet world.

The hive mind should be thought of as a tool. Empowering the collective does not empower individuals — just the reverse is true. There can be useful feedback loops set up between individuals and the hive mind, but the hive mind is too chaotic to be fed back into itself.

https://www.edge.org/conversation/jaron_lanier-digital-maoism-the-hazards-of-the-new-online-collectivism

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So some people are calling the trailer for Eli Roth's Death Wish Alt-Right. I don't know if it's alt-right, but it looks displaced as gently caress and like garbage

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Dude will snitch at the slightest hesitation and then stream himself crying and begging for forgiveness, explaining that the feds forced his hand and there was nothing he could do. Cernovich is one of the more opportunistic charlatans, and is hopping off the the Trump brand as quickly as he hopped on because it is negatively affecting his mindset brand.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

If anyone would turn alt-right it'd be Literal Embodiment of the Decline of Horror in the Early 2000s Eli Roth.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

the defenders of the white race look awful

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

zegermans posted:

Not An Argument!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
:qq: wikipedia keeps removing my alternative facts :qq: : the post

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

KomradeX posted:

So some people are calling the trailer for Eli Roth's Death Wish Alt-Right. I don't know if it's alt-right, but it looks displaced as gently caress and like garbage

yeah i dont see why people think death wish is alt-right. it's just vigilante wank fetishism.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 02:46 on Aug 5, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/CBlackSerpent/status/893596093618896896

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

:eyepop:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
no tread on me

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Haha sucks to be the blue collar workin' joe getting dragged into some psycho's internet drama, I feel bad for them

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

is this thread appropriate now

http://i.imgur.com/xLI9Kir.mp4

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tokamak posted:

Dude will snitch at the slightest hesitation and then stream himself crying and begging for forgiveness, explaining that the feds forced his hand and there was nothing he could do. Cernovich is one of the more opportunistic charlatans, and is hopping off the the Trump brand as quickly as he hopped on because it is negatively affecting his mindset brand.

pretty much. his life is coming apart again and no one really likes him except the stupidest of the chuds. the FBI/IC/alphabet agency will flip him fast as gently caress.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i wanna see the feds try to convince him to go into witness protection like the "hello mr. thompson" scene *stamps on foot*

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Even 4chan hates Laura Loomer. She's a deranged idiot starved for attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
The "alt-lite" is like 100% grifters and scam artists and the 4-chan folks have picked up on that.