Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I am ridiculously removed from popular culture. I have had no idea this dud(e) existed before today. And thus, I have nothing invested. So, go ahead, slag on the fella, or not, but give me some loving context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

gleebster posted:

I am ridiculously removed from popular culture. I have had no idea this dud(e) existed before today. And thus, I have nothing invested. So, go ahead, slag on the fella, or not, but give me some loving context.

He's most famous for playing Governor Andrew Cuomo in the SNL skit where Elon Musk is Wario

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

He's most famous for playing Governor Andrew Cuomo in the SNL skit where Elon Musk is Wario

Can I go back to the bit where I didn't know this about him?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Be careful what you ask for is the thing, I guess. I don't really understand any of this Mario poo poo. I do understand that this must have been shortly before Cuomo resigned, but the rest of that poo poo is just garbage to me.

gleebster has a new favorite as of 08:21 on Jan 3, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
King of Staten Island was pretty good, but I think it was mostly Marisa Tomei carrying the movie.

Davidson's a funny dude and still gets some good roles in sketches, but I largely tuned out when he had to apologize for making Dan Crenshaw look like a fool.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He looks like if tim curry was in a boy band.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

why would you willingly watch SNL I don't think I've seen it since 9/11 happened

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Tiberius Christ posted:

why would you willingly watch SNL I don't think I've seen it since 9/11 happened

:thumbsup:

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Gonna tell my kids this is Musk and Grimes.

Grimes of Crindlewald

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Took until the 3rd emptyquote for my brain to finally click with what "Evil Midweek Cutie" meant. Well played, non-copyright-infringing Halloween costume company.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Tiberius Christ posted:

are you Pete Davidson's Dad?

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Tiberius Christ posted:

I don't think I've seen it since 9/11 happened

We all made sacrifices post 9/11, thank u for giving up ur favourite show. It was a time for somber thoughts n prayer

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

spookykid posted:

:boom:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Heath posted:

Beetlejuice and Laura Palmer make a detective pair to die for

Wild tangent but I never really "got" why Michael Keaton got cast as anything let alone Batman, but then just recently I saw that 80s movie Night Shift where he plays a burnout party animal working at a funeral home who turns it into a brothel and was the character archetype they based Guy Fleegman on in Galaxy Quest

Then it all started to click

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I imagine his mother loves his brother Harley more.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

projecthalaxy posted:

your response made me think of this clickhole gem (modified to be topical)

How is he "new"? Pete Davidson has been on SNL for 7 years, as long as Will Ferrell or Andy Sandberg or Dana Carvey or Kristen Wiig.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

How is he "new"? Pete Davidson has been on SNL for 7 years, as long as Will Ferrell or Andy Sandberg or Dana Carvey or Kristen Wiig.

He just feels new, since he's been on the show for 7 years but only appeared onscreen for about 13 minutes total.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

gleebster posted:

Be careful what you ask for is the thing, I guess. I don't really understand any of this Mario poo poo. I do understand that this must have been shortly before Cuomo resigned, but the rest of that poo poo is just garbage to me.
Mario is a plumber who went down a magic pipe to the Mushroom Kingdom. Wario is just a fat guy who has forever been stereotyped into his opposite due to unfortunate naming and sartorial decisions.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

That screenshot is from 2015.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

CannonFodder posted:

That screenshot is from 2015.

Yeah but it's photoshopped, the original article was about Meghan Trainor IIRC.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

trapped mouse posted:

Thats correct.

I apologize for causing confusion and anger i just saw a few people posting about being mad about having to know who Pete Davidson is so i made a dumb mspaint edit of a headline i remembered in 45 seconds and posted it. There was very little "intended message"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I remember the original article, it was good.

As someone in their late 30's, I feel like a lot of people I know have become very curmudgeonly about pop culture, with a sense that everything that has become very popular in the last 10 years is new and strange and annoying. I'm really not a fan of that attitude and sometimes I see it in places where it isn't.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have felt like that my entire life, if it helps.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

trapped mouse posted:

Who?

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

spookykid posted:

Pete Dadvidson

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

trapped mouse posted:

A Photoshop? In the Funny Pictures thread?!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Has sound.

https://i.imgur.com/HlOq36m.mp4

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

trapped mouse posted:

I think about this article a lot. Clickhole should repurpose it the way The Onion does with the school shooting article.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Tiberius Christ posted:

What a tragedy...

...never seeing Stefon.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Somehow I ended up clicking on the OP of this thread and thought I was at the end of my bookmark instead of back at the beginning and marveled at how everyone was throwing up so many funny pics to get things back on the rails.

Then I scrolled down and saw page 1 of 2,000-whatever.

Still, some pretty loving funny pics back there.

Anyways SNL sucks and hasn't been funny since (your_age-30), and arguably wasn't even funny during that era you remember fondly.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the downward slide started before they changed their name from "Hey Hey It's Saturday"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

can't BELEIVE they cut Ossie

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

As someone in their late 30's, I feel like a lot of people I know have become very curmudgeonly about pop culture, with a sense that everything that has become very popular in the last 10 years is new and strange and annoying. I'm really not a fan of that attitude and sometimes I see it in places where it isn't.

Revisit this post in ten years

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

everyone eventually becomes their parents

calling people out on it usually results in some butthurt heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames