Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Lessail posted:

Please happen :pray:

From the article...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/marco-rubios-knife-fighters

quote:

The Rubio campaign is being helmed by a combative strategist, Terry Sullivan, who once (allegedly) dispatched interns dressed in prison stripes to crash a 2007 Mike Huckabee rally and protest the former governor’s controversial parole record.

The leading pro-Rubio super PAC is headed by Warren Tompkins, an infamous South Carolina operative who was widely suspected of orchestrating a whisper campaign during the 2000 Republican presidential primaries to convince voters that John McCain was hiding a black love child.

And in a more recent episode that could have lasting political repercussions in next year’s primaries, Rubio’s chief digital strategist, Wesley Donehue, is said to have actively hyped unsubstantiated rumors in 2010 that Nikki Haley had an affair with a local South Carolina blogger.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
They should just restart the whole primary after this is done so we can get another year of pure entertainment.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

AllanGordon posted:

They should just restart the whole primary after this is done so we can get another year of pure entertainment.

need some time off my heart can't take another year of this so soon

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

the_paradigm_shift posted:

need some time off my heart liver can't take another year of this so soon

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Brannock posted:

You COULD interpret it that way, but the actual interpretation is that Trump was implying that if the economy was in good shape people wouldn't be flocking to his rallies. They're coming to him because they know they're being hosed over

Don't intentionally spread misinterpretations

immediately before that he said that basically half of the country is unemployed so i dunno how you can dismiss his interpretation

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

babypolis posted:

immediately before that he said that basically half of the country is unemployed so i dunno how you can dismiss his interpretation

He was obviously talking about the illegals (who have to go back) and probably blacks.

Not asians though. Trump has a lot of respect for their work ethic.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

AllanGordon posted:

He was obviously talking about the illegals (who have to go back) and probably blacks.

Not asians though. Trump has a lot of respect for their work ethic.

no he was talking about overall employment. it was a really bizarre statement to be sure

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

a cop posted:

Lmao, this just drives home Trump's larger than life image and sends the message that he's getting kids interested in politics. What the hell.

The commercial is actually funny but yeah, I don't think it will be very effective.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

He was engaging in weird unemployment trutherism.

Like, you'll often get people citing U6 or w/e and saying "the REAL unemployment rate is much higher", but he's taking it to an extreme because Trump.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

its one of his weirder statements that he will immediately walk back on like "wages are too high". in a few days he will deny ever saying it and no one will ever have the balls to show him a clip saying it to this face because american news media is a shitshow

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
he just took the labor participation rate and figured anyone not participating is unemployed

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

he just took the labor participation rate and figured anyone not participating is unemployed

the numbers do kinda match up but his overall point was that things are much worse than what the goverment is telling us so i doubt he was "citing" any official statistic

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Maybe he just wanted to start a conversation ever think about that huh smart guys?!?!?!?!

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Pinterest Mom posted:

He was engaging in weird unemployment trutherism.

Like, you'll often get people citing U6 or w/e and saying "the REAL unemployment rate is much higher", but he's taking it to an extreme because Trump.

I'm reasonably sure that this is another moment where he's going to use his great powers to get the news people to accidentally tell the truth about unemployment numbers.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I didn't believe it so looked up the quote. Here it is (interpret it as you will):

"Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5% unemployment. The number's probably 28%, 29%, as high as 35%, in fact, I even heard recently 42%," Trump stated.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

katlington posted:

I've got a porche! Daddy sends hugs!

Trump D'Wally D'Honk

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zo posted:

I didn't believe it so looked up the quote. Here it is (interpret it as you will):

"Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5% unemployment. The number's probably 28%, 29%, as high as 35%, in fact, I even heard recently 42%," Trump stated.

Hey, gotta credit him for listing numbers all greater than 5.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zo posted:

i like how he went with lots of unrounded and uneven numbers to make his completely made up statistics sound more reasonable

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Vile's got a negative poatcount. Can't trust those people.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Chris Christie's last and only act of his campaign was to mine the bridge, wait until the only remaining establishment hero wandered across it, press the detonator and barrel roll off into the sunset as Trump and Cruz stealthily high fived

I'm lying, Cruz would never high five another human

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm calling:

Trump-Rubio-Kasich-Cruz-Jeb!-Christie

I was incredibly wrong!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I still can't believe Kasich-mentum is real. What a time to be alive.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Adar posted:

I'm lying, Cruz would never high five another human

He would absolutely high five another human if he thought it'd help his campaign or benefit him personally. The question is whether any human would high five Cruz

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

MaxxBot posted:

Trump > Kasich > Rubio > Cruz > Jeb! > Christie

I thought that the R.U.B. I/O Error seriously hurting Rubio was too good to be true, I'm glad that I was wrong.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
The 42% figure Trump quotes is based on the idea that two people working 20 hour contracts is equal to one person in full employment. So while it's obviously not true, it does at least highlight the issue of the lack of full time employment available.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Does Kasich have an organization in SC/money post-NH? This might be a hollow 'victory' if he spent most of his resources just getting 2nd place. Bush seems to be investing in SC heavily, and has enough money to stay in the race as long as he can. I'm not sure what happens to Rubio if he has a poor showing in Nevada/SC. The pressure might be enormous to drop out before ST.
I'm just not seeing how an establishment candidate emerges before Super Tuesday, and it might be too late to coalesce if Trump and Cruz gobble up the Super Tuesday states.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I'm reasonably sure that this is another moment where he's going to use his great powers to get the news people to accidentally tell the truth about unemployment numbers.

Trump is an idiot Truther, which is how he destroyed Jeb Bush and is the Republican front runner.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mightygerm posted:

Does Kasich have an organization in SC/money post-NH? This might be a hollow 'victory' if he spent most of his resources just getting 2nd place. Bush seems to be investing in SC heavily, and has enough money to stay in the race as long as he can. I'm not sure what happens to Rubio if he has a poor showing in Nevada/SC. The pressure might be enormous to drop out before ST.
I'm just not seeing how an establishment candidate emerges before Super Tuesday, and it might be too late to coalesce if Trump and Cruz gobble up the Super Tuesday states.

Kasich has a fairly small super PAC, mid-sized campaign apparatus, and no real presence anywhere outside of New Hampshire. He's probably effectively the "weakest" of the four establishment candidates (soon to be three).

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
So - Trump won the nomination tonight right?

With Kasich and Jeb! beating out Rubio, the establishment vote/money is going to continue to be split up until super Tuesday and Cruz can't touch Trump in states that aren't heavily evangelical. he just took more than half of the state's delegates and i'm pretty sure other primaries favour the first-past-the-post winner even more.

With the media and establishment having already blown their loads with every trick to try to stump him, I don't think anything's going to be able to stop the Trump Train rolling all the way to the General

the trump train is a steam engine it goes CHOO-S-A! CHOO-S-A!

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

The Saurus posted:

So - Trump won the nomination tonight right?

With Kasich and Jeb! beating out Rubio, the establishment vote/money is going to continue to be split up until super Tuesday and Cruz can't touch Trump in states that aren't heavily evangelical. he just took more than half of the state's delegates and i'm pretty sure other primaries favour the first-past-the-post winner even more.

With the media and establishment having already blown their loads with every trick to try to stump him, I don't think anything's going to be able to stop the Trump Train rolling all the way to the General

the trump train is a steam engine it goes CHOO-S-A! CHOO-S-A!

If the GOP is stupid they'll let Trump take them right over the landslide cliff that awaits him.

If the GOP are really stupid they'll broker him out of the nomination and watch as their party burns to the loving ground in the aftermath.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

mossyfisk posted:

The 42% figure Trump quotes is based on the idea that two people working 20 hour contracts is equal to one person in full employment. So while it's obviously not true, it does at least highlight the issue of the lack of full time employment available.

It doesn't matter anymore. He's not running for president, he's running to overthrow the government. I really can't explain any other reason a guy who the entire media snd establishment will do anything to take down also happens to be real estate rivals with Larry Silverstein, who made his name....on Fifth Avenue, and refused to allow Trump to rebuild the World Trade Center, one building of which is the only steel skyscraper to fall to fire in history. Then this guy gets a property across from the white house that'll be done in September, faults the Bushes, implies on Morning Joe that "there are other countries that were involved, not just Saudi" and when pressed says "oh you know who i mean, i have friends from there, i cant say but you know"

Then tosses around the number 6 million and says he could shoot someone on fifth avenue, that Bush is partly responsible, at what point does Occam's razor begin to support Trump running to "take our country back" - from knowing war criminals? Doesn't it apply when the Republican frontrunner has a vicious anger toward Jeb and the Bushes, is THE rival commercial builder to the insurance collector on the towers, and says such things?

Trump said on CNN’s New Day that he wouldn’t be apologizing for blaming George W. Bush for the 9/11 attacks, saying he had “advanced notice” that it was coming.

“Look, his brother gets hit on, he’s a loyal person, he’s loyal to his brother,” Trump said of fellow GOP contender Jeb Bush. “But his brother made some mistakes.”
“His brother could have made a mistake with the actual hit,” he continued. “They did know it was coming. George Tenet, the head of the CIA, told them it was coming. So they did have advanced notice.”

How is the simplest solution to this set of facts not "inside job"? Someone wake me from this conspiratorial mood.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Oiled and Ready posted:

It doesn't matter anymore. He's not running for president, he's running to overthrow the government. I really can't explain any other reason a guy who the entire media snd establishment will do anything to take down also happens to be real estate rivals with Larry Silverstein, who made his name....on Fifth Avenue, and refused to allow Trump to rebuild the World Trade Center, one building of which is the only steel skyscraper to fall to fire in history. Then this guy gets a property across from the white house that'll be done in September, faults the Bushes, implies on Morning Joe that "there are other countries that were involved, not just Saudi" and when pressed says "oh you know who i mean, i have friends from there, i cant say but you know"

Then tosses around the number 6 million and says he could shoot someone on fifth avenue, that Bush is partly responsible, at what point does Occam's razor begin to support Trump running to "take our country back" - from knowing war criminals? Doesn't it apply when the Republican frontrunner has a vicious anger toward Jeb and the Bushes, is THE rival commercial builder to the insurance collector on the towers, and says such things?

Trump said on CNN’s New Day that he wouldn’t be apologizing for blaming George W. Bush for the 9/11 attacks, saying he had “advanced notice” that it was coming.

“Look, his brother gets hit on, he’s a loyal person, he’s loyal to his brother,” Trump said of fellow GOP contender Jeb Bush. “But his brother made some mistakes.”
“His brother could have made a mistake with the actual hit,” he continued. “They did know it was coming. George Tenet, the head of the CIA, told them it was coming. So they did have advanced notice.”

How is the simplest solution to this set of facts not "inside job"? Someone wake me from this conspiratorial mood.

lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oiled and Ready posted:

Thank you for this post my friend

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Oiled and Ready posted:

how much weed do you consume on the average day

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Trump could have saved us from 9/11 if only we had listened.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im glad the person with the "Trump for Truth" crude crayon sign at his speech tonight turned out to be a goon

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

RUBIO!

*click* *whirr* *"Fatal error: Shutting down"

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Spiros posted:

Thank you for this post my friend

You are most welcome.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/327076720425451523

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Dead naming showbiz jews is a hate crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Jon Stewart spent years making fun of Trump on his show and now Trump is going to be President while Jon Stewart's legacy collapses around a lovely immigrant who took his job

yep, looks like Trump is smarter.

• Locked thread