Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ponzi posted:

Did you know that as well as being an artist, Ryan Archer is also an author and has written a book. Here's the first chapter:

zo2qbl584ub2gww82xfxiv5ztqwk92n8ahncbbnk32xul8y7pdx31dcagjps92ompdeau5t3vp76yx854x13ra8kw67167w29i2
maxknfhf1usclenytkzm1ycmx4tzzztdrayh65jm3j6rhr27guhhkauw954ecwjwslyqpki1xd4n9emvorzg5oad3s85vpxu61v
58tq7q7hqnhvmptqmfxqt0ockdmllw4kex7ft0ctqveygthgag7kqeqkmkw2o03mfo6ui6wy4qov6tv0oxw669fyo7du2sb4q5m
13xjypsr2avuiuo09bdk94gddsxfb22yabmc6zcd1eu4v2eo613ge0vrq41uj5epye292pb2feaofm39b754ekccryusz305ahg
9ymt84g05hl3z7c2jjdxovadxo70lr60bh5kpbz8l7tyj5ujn467jipzd6nfh1fzefh2s5spflsbponun5f5xxvdxibmr9gf2sh
sup0bucg6e5l8en979qn3j756m0ina39gur2382sov33y27gudv687l1uq8ji4ay8waxjqjak01b4012bmjev2cw6zfgztwoent
a4pbvtz8ylepx1e1ztigk96jy22qxidd6n83r5yfw0asg5ihxiti9lel00pv4txcnayn18w2z7bzug06gxu0jyweb72t5ts8ben
klljr448v3bp3nmgjoxiqd593r28x6aejgfm75lcrqnbmxnj7941mzn8alxekkjq29r9j9n9yxyli8zmr8a36i8fm3y1aw369ng
evbeniaxmtdijj4af27w4ehmnynunpy2x26nvgynk72oryohuuv5akovo4fcwtyjfdxzobp2esi9c0ynu6ob9hrq8q1ebji4iob
5a63giql2dmq4roast8nicsmbb08saq0ekz86ssmn48wcqj3dl74veza7mmz2o1mzrjp7wqt0225aip84fbfbi6v7drznji8aei
yivlpibrw11b5jfevsa4dbphn1fv5konj694bmp3rbxupldizsy6kmr44x3oqmn1umqbifnvbec383rtq7pij2eqja9ykxrnq1b
0mt781sv6cgdaxt03whi58ay6bf2zrz1vctwzgcfatlepwrdbj0farbn4rfn2xajnbic0pvml20mj2deaq3xkd5vocj85scn6bk
nn3lioeyz7gzwuv5am5d4vg5hhbvg87thfbkzil795ho9ug0l8bj75l3j42xopwdbzjpnzyf7n0gofcwfluueoti47mehednoha
bfqchuuc56h9mh5t8o1iaf9tcx9xtqis6scikldrjy6kiqbiojfbzntospffr8enzl7u9nb829efjvkzc2jxmvew0zjbizjuhvl
cj4xycx2y4ncptszgm80vmv44tazcw5ggk2fmdq5e64j7deppgkzo9ucjue4bpz4wqmra6pj6dsqni6gk3mb1dulgb3jeusd2j1
cd1fmmwstnrksl1e91y878xnuizal2xjs70jrshjmyu6j3lt33l2pfuofabofrm3djickyxt4wowss5igk5236k00k7dqw76qss
vsat3ttyi6cv4rucruto3hht791qocx2rrdit4gvjhqka38dg4jta5of24ptjx4u3r2fkkxdins3z2ntdw5iq0fgdu87kbiy50g
nqdjrkrvlgn9t5c9j34evkbp3fuwgqbxogrtfnmgnqxqbyhiep2f54bjq58ne37dq9b0emgetmci2ms1l0n6h4euw66at8vua7f
pzuq41iilhro3js12w2ns4h7qg1yhdtjrbryg9uxxk4ti27vwh86d363qnfnrzhh815ypashw9146w7m80rbxo2c39sc6rl4ixe
jw3oqinvu3hprt1uithy8juotezjtxmpfo7ybrfxnvh7s1rlk03n71hubsokjsktkrp4jbki9h94fj5tkfapl3b48te1avc61vh
ltqncigeei2rbz6i4ns06dj08xhcd3qpj0r70frci9cqqdi018vnum593qp5jvz4bilx48cigmaamltnhinj0ixh3m6pico3d8y
a8gxqxqb6yusj9lu8mury8f5o17aptut6r4b8lqdfz3ya5xyibed08fnvqlx3s6zivcguc6jhy6bqqf7xvrgyp9tx5z03zkftfe
ha3v2rq97jfofr4xlflrklbt0k5uric15z065ytir1ayhtie9e21afex7tnnu1143461b7vbkinfqnbgleepnkjvioyf8bgbcgx
e514a24ggitpibzn8b8qm83wx2anc41imumd4v3yk8ld6x78gr251oky0ablg9n1pvk105ipwz5zunacer4ugcifujbnb4ywplo
ylci22loty4tvwea7jo0x6ujoc0yynwcqkxbwigkz770iejhr4nlkq7mbwwd9gibecqkp2qmtvbf24a48yy4eiodlsc3scykho3
3tn76r9se21zh0f0ttdddcvz4te45uho1e7nqltduhh6273k3v0g4fv9ow6u0touwg1ugq7562ketr91izw4mu4rth5fvldmq36
qs21wgcfjlkgf9z5lrnhdjbjytzdnvz2ymnscnaahbdjisc7db22y2qcng9l3q1xirbcy2f0z5hhvtprbwdz148h9a3zvysjprw
x7q2qrbf2etyvl9dxo4bsra04e8d3ptavgx4pk53ts61toh9qz2l1aophxuxyd8fed6g17hydjesrl365x1v4yiz1ttadgct8t9
n0thml6brbajbg9860d2jnl42uftnuo60ulvcc7bdihn2ud4k17kbv88nhnd6ux0my3a8baoe9j4hntl97s755uwske44mqk0a0
gkc7qeaagjz05p3azn0s2bhaitz2qpci22k2etplh9peikky40xi85w1u189lb3x5lvuvubcuwtitb62rc0a8l9rfsnzm01l7dq
90h1b9ob2wu7wccbzd4lykljf8elhleglyf51phykbxlx2y6dx06n5xut5yjls91bl9yhwkck4q25o32n5qo7f5rqixyeu7pbly
4wbcck1lbxij5breb11z0m3jqolep9y1vm9wkzqjcegnju7owo1vv4xuvcgxpphmiai54v5wkdskgvv62vwruk1c7af3okzep8x
uo5h39muwoaa29e1cvrahcv193sbtkd6byy16ql2quvk6sczpokkzidz33n0gq30z517g5ly0ry2th7x7hoj3s

Haha, if only you knew.

The complete thing, for your enjoyment, is located at:

http://n8logic.net/client/ryan/demo1/upload/samplework_deadline.pdf

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

Holy poo poo lol is that true?

quote:

I have FULL intentions of getting this license. If I DO get it, you and your teenny leetle friends on your Ferrous Oxide project, are effectively, shutdown because I don't piss around when it comes to IP properties
Ferrous Oxide would ultimately become the Freespace Open project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPPsZxGWJU

Blue Planet: War in Heaven is loving fantastic btw

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nobody on Reddit ever PMs me about the Terrible Secret.

PAK CHOOIE UNF

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

3 deg C here.
Isn't it supposed to be colder up there?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Bolow posted:

It absolutely is. I did some voice acting for it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Did that make you feel extra grief?

Were you glad of it?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I remembered a more accurate song for CIG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06LNBK4ZfWM

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Haha Derek between Viet vets and modders you sure don't gently caress around

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Also I'm convinced his only exposure to Starlancer was to add in these retarded rooms that made you waste time activating shelves/drawers/televisions before you activated a walking down the hallway cutscene before you could even get to your mission briefing, before EVERY mission

I guess technology wasn't up to animating you getting out of bed at the time though, since you kind of just spawned in it.

If we're talking about Chris, his only credit for Starlancer is “Executive Producer,” as in “ok, we have funding for this — go do it and report back whenever I remember to remind you.”

orcinus posted:

3 deg C here.
Isn't it supposed to be colder up there?

More gulf stream = more clement, maybe? I have no idea how our weather works aside from “stupidly.”

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
As a barista, they bought a 3 group head Linea Classic?

Dear god, why? I mean, I use a 3 group Linea Classic, and I serve 300+ customers a day. Even I rarely need that third group, and mainly just use it to give me more space when I have 10+ drinks down. I'm also an expert barista that's been doing this for years, and can multitask enough on that machine that I can have 3 shots pulling at once, for most people a 3 group machine means it's a two person operation, one for each wand. No random office worker/engineer is going to need to be making more then a single drink at a time though, so they don't even need the second head really.

They could have bought a Linea Mini for $5k. Or hell, a two group machine for 10k.

Also that's a pretty technical machine overall. You need to at least understand sours/bitters, tamping, and how to properly extract a shot to even get anything out of it. An automatic machine would likely get far better returns across a full office staff. Not to chestpound about my job/skill level, but I'm not sure joe schmoe the engineer can properly realize that it started raining 15 minutes ago, so now he needs to adjust the shots the person before him pulled ( which also could be totally off themselves, because the person that pulled them has no idea what they are doing. ).

The Linea Classic is generally regarded as a workhorse machine for businesses, not an enthusiast machine in the slightest. Whoever bought that for the office was either conned by the guy they were buying equipment from, or was trying to impress himself with how much money he was willing to waste.

e: Also it's a loving espresso machine for an office? Who the gently caress makes espresso at work. Unless they also all got taught how to steam milk, which HAHAHAHA that's a workplace liability just waiting to happen. EightAce, how many people have tried to steam milk only to burn their hands? How many people have poured the most foul loving shots imagine from that machine? Who even uses that espresso machine. I need to know now. Most workplaces just offer brewed coffee because it's easier then having to train everyone at your office how to be a ( bad ) barista.

e: How loving often is the wand purged? That must be the rankist poo poo. If someone just left milk on it and then walked away, ugh. That poor loving machine. Who cleans it at night? Who gets backflushing duty? Do they even realize to use puro? Do they realize to spice the shots in the morning to get rid of the puro? God I have so many questions.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 3, 2016

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Also I'm convinced his only exposure to Starlancer was to add in these retarded rooms that made you waste time activating shelves/drawers/televisions before you activated a walking down the hallway cutscene before you could even get to your mission briefing, before EVERY mission

I guess technology wasn't up to animating you getting out of bed at the time though, since you kind of just spawned in it.

Didn't you have your own room much like that in X-Wing Alliance?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

orcinus posted:

Were you glad of it?

I am glad of so many things

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Rookersh posted:

EightAce, how many people have tried to steam milk only to burn their hands? How many people have poured the most foul loving shots imagine from that machine? Who even uses that espresso machine. I need to know now. Most workplaces just offer brewed coffee because it's easier then having to train everyone at your office how to be a ( bad ) barista.

i dont think the eightace office has such a coffee machine

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

eXXon posted:

Didn't you have your own room much like that in X-Wing Alliance?

Absolutely. I want to say same camera angle, too.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Toops posted:

Thanks y'all. Let me know if you have any suggestions for things to add. I should have the UI and a functioning ship selector done by tomorrow.

I've tried to simulate CIG Balsa Wood Physics (tm) but I just can't seem to figure it out. Guess they're called industry veterans for a reason.

Thing is, Unity does so much work for you, it's hard not to make good progress. I just went to the unity store, picked out a package that had all these prefabs designed to make a "sci-fi interior," paid 25 bux, downloaded/imported it, and got to work. Took me about 2 hours to go from zero to this.

And that's the key: picking the right tools for the job makes all the difference, imo.

Would happily kick in :10bux::10bux: for SP assets if you had the need. It's a way for us talentless slobs help contribute to ongoing comedy development

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

trucutru posted:

The complete thing, for your enjoyment, is located at:

http://n8logic.net/client/ryan/demo1/upload/samplework_deadline.pdf

"'Lizard folk,' A’she spit out with distain."

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Rookersh posted:

As a barista, they bought a 3 group head Linea Classic?

Dear god, why? I mean, I use a 3 group Linea Classic, and I serve 300+ customers a day. Even I rarely need that third group, and mainly just use it to give me more space when I have 10+ drinks down. I'm also an expert barista that's been doing this for years, and can multitask enough on that machine that I can have 3 shots pulling at once, for most people a 3 group machine means it's a two person operation, one for each wand. No random office worker/engineer is going to need to be making more then a single drink at a time though, so they don't even need the second head really.

They could have bought a Linea Mini for $5k. Or hell, a two group machine for 10k.

Also that's a pretty technical machine overall. You need to at least understand sours/bitters, tamping, and how to properly extract a shot to even get anything out of it. An automatic machine would likely get far better returns across a full office staff. Not to chestpound about my job/skill level, but I'm not sure joe schmoe the engineer can properly realize that it started raining 15 minutes ago, so now he needs to adjust the shots the person before him pulled ( which also could be totally off themselves, because the person that pulled them has no idea what they are doing. ).

The Linea Classic is generally regarded as a workhorse machine for businesses, not an enthusiast machine in the slightest. Whoever bought that for the office was either conned by the guy they were buying equipment from, or was trying to impress himself with how much money he was willing to waste.

e: Also it's a loving espresso machine for an office? Who the gently caress makes espresso at work. Unless they also all got taught how to steam milk, which HAHAHAHA that's a workplace liability just waiting to happen. EightAce, how many people have tried to steam milk only to burn their hands? How many people have poured the most foul loving shots imagine from that machine? Who even uses that espresso machine. I need to know now. Most workplaces just offer brewed coffee because it's easier then having to train everyone at your office how to be a ( bad ) barista.

e: How loving often is the wand purged? That must be the rankist poo poo. If someone just left milk on it and then walked away, ugh. That poor loving machine. Who cleans it at night? Who gets backflushing duty? Do they even realize to use puro? Do they realize to spice the shots in the morning to get rid of the puro? God I have so many questions.

Nice.

Insert this machine into the Stimpire lore.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Bolow posted:

Those kinds of modding projects were the lifeblood of those titles and kept them interesting ages past their natural lifespan.

Even Microsoft didn't give a poo poo if people were modding Freelancer six ways from Sunday.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I'll see that and raise you:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I get the same one as ComfyPants. I guess Tighclops spends a lot of time Googling Star Citizen, affecting his search suggestions. Busted, bithc

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rookersh posted:

Whoever bought that for the office was either conned by the guy they were buying equipment from, or was trying to impress himself with how much money he was willing to waste.

Probably both.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Dusty Lens posted:

Those kinds of modding projects were the lifeblood of those titles and kept them interesting ages past their natural lifespan.

Even Microsoft didn't give a poo poo if people were modding Freelancer six ways from Sunday.

Blue Planet is basically what Freespace 3 should have been. It's astoundingly good.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sillybones posted:

Hey cultists. Why don't you just loving post here instead of living the thread second hand?

Because, we don't allow downvotes/brigading/shadowbanning. Everyone pretty much gets to talk and be heard here.

Besides, they just can't handle not being "in charge".

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AEMINAL posted:

how the gently caress do you people follow this thread.. ahh

It seems to help to be on the spectrum. Or OCD.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Samizdata posted:

It seems to help to be on the spectrum. Or OCD.

Also, setting your browser tab to auto-reload.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Klyith posted:

1. Chris Roberts / Star Citizen (tentative position based on current performance)
2. Curt Schilling, 38 Studios, & the State of Rhode Island (qualifies for actually criminal)
3. Microsoft's Xbox One strategy in 2013
4. The death of THQ & the uDraw
5. EA's MMO failures

Honorable mentions 6-10 in some order: DNF, EA SimCity, Ion Storm, Too Human, the VirtualBoy

Daikatana, like Battlecruiser3000, is more remembered for the expectations vs results disparity

GAAAAAAAAAAAAH! gently caress CURT SCHILLING FOR KILLING BIG HUGE GAMES! gently caress HIM ALL TO THE lovely PART OF HELL! gently caress HIM UNTIL THE loving TRIPLES EVERY SECONDS AND IT IS THE WORST KIND OF loving!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Samizdata posted:

GAAAAAAAAAAAAH! gently caress CURT SCHILLING FOR KILLING BIG HUGE GAMES! gently caress HIM ALL TO THE lovely PART OF HELL! gently caress HIM UNTIL THE loving TRIPLES EVERY SECONDS AND IT IS THE WORST KIND OF loving!

Sounds like a Hellraiser 2 rewrite.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

For all of you new Citizens I have only one rule. Everyone Donates, No one charges back.

YOU APES WANT ALPHA FOREVER?!?

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

e: jesus. No. No more dog pictures.

:getout:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

LowellDND posted:

:swoon: If you put this on Steam Ill buy it.

Same!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Risc1911 posted:

I am working on a star citizen website with an interactive timeline that shows all the "development" achievements, blunders, lies, Mr. Smarts predictions. It will have transcripts (with permission of somethingjones of cause), funny stuff from here, you get the idea.

I need you guys to brainstorm with me for a good domain name. Only thing i came up with so far is:

starcitizenjournal
starcitizenchronology
starcitizenlogbook
thestarcitizenfiles

would be nice if it had star citizen in the name for search engines but it's not a requirement. I am bad with names. maybe you guys got some good ideas.

I'm liking "thestarcitizenfiles". Has a nice serious ring to it. You want people knowing they are going to see something that is not a Goony parody.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Bolow posted:

Wow. I just lost all respect for mr. Smart.

That's the kind of poo poo attitude that hurts modding as a whole and gently caress the idiots who think mods are bad.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Rookersh posted:

or was trying to impress himself with how much money he was willing to waste.
This particular coffee machine is in Santa Monica, in an office which was completely stripped and rebuilt in lavish fashion, and likely sits on an expensive table ordered from an overpriced catalog that sells furniture described with word-pictures liking it to the wing of a classic fighter-plane or the deck of a sail yacht.

So yes, you could say that.

Rookersh posted:

That all sounds complicated! Could you describe what you are doing in more detail, with lots of hand motions? Or better yet, just send a guy over to teach the personal chef how to do it?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

:ohdear:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

It seems to help to be on the spectrum.

ZX?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:laffo:

Sorry I'll do better next time

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's the one true way to play Elite, so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

:laffo:

Sorry I'll do better next time

The dogless posters are in your debt

• Locked thread