Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

moot the hopple posted:

If some modder ever figures out how to change the apparently hardcoded mouse wheel scroll direction, that would be a godsend for me. I always flub at first the mouse wheel direction on adjustable zoom scopes because my brain has been hardwired by every other shooter that does it the opposite way.

Up until today I've figured this would never be possible, but now... I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Doesn't the guy in the jupiter bunker sell it? I might be wrong but I thought they did if they liked you enough.

i don't think so unless its a recent change? the freedom trader is right across the street from them though, and even with no relationship they still usually sell 90-150 rounds.

p. sure the only ammo you can get from the ecologists is from the vodka trader.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I might just be confused cos that guy is like a couple of traders glued together so I probably wasn't paying much attention.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

moot the hopple posted:

If some modder ever figures out how to change the apparently hardcoded mouse wheel scroll direction, that would be a godsend for me. I always flub at first the mouse wheel direction on adjustable zoom scopes because my brain has been hardwired by every other shooter that does it the opposite way.

For that matter, this merc run has been kinda tricky for me because I'll often inadvertently kill an allied bandits since I keep associating balaclava + tracksuit = shoot on sight.

I eventually got used to it by thinking of it like inverted flight controls. You're not pushing the zoom "out" towards the environment, you're pulling what you're looking at "in" towards yourself. But yeah it is weird that for whatever reason they went against convention here and you cannot rebind it.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some random mod options in GAMMA still have hardcoded keybinds, it's annoying cause I use non-standard keybinds for games (TFGH so you have loads of buttons in easy reach :3: ), so every time I move to the right my health display changes and makes the bleepbleep sound :argh:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

ekuNNN posted:

Some random mod options in GAMMA still have hardcoded keybinds, it's annoying cause I use non-standard keybinds for games (TFGH so you have loads of buttons in easy reach :3: ), so every time I move to the right my health display changes and makes the bleepbleep sound :argh:

i use i j k l for movement and 6 - 0 for weapons / items and it makes so many mods unplayable if i can't change it in the code easily. no skills mod because the menu pops up if i walk backward

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

That is so cursed

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Bunch of loving sickos. Might as well play with the cursor keys.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I know someone who swears by QETC, thumb on C for reverse, says it leaves the largest amount of keys available for use. I would throw shade, but he's probably in the top few percent of FPS players I have ever encountered. I think his hands must be larger than mine, though.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I'm going to become the guy who plays FPSes on a split ergonomic keyboard and trackball mouse and leaves all the scrubs in the dust

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
TIL Anomaly has end credits

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For some reason text overlays like "Open Stash" or "Talk" when looking at objects or people don't appear anymore in GAMMA since I started the game today. I updated it but its still the case. Has anyone encountered this?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ekuNNN posted:

For some reason text overlays like "Open Stash" or "Talk" when looking at objects or people don't appear anymore in GAMMA since I started the game today. I updated it but its still the case. Has anyone encountered this?
The only thing I can think of is maybe you've been stricken by the Busy Hands bug? Can you do any other action, like bring up your PDA, equip a weapon, use an item? Does it happen on a brand new character?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namnesor posted:

The only thing I can think of is maybe you've been stricken by the Busy Hands bug? Can you do any other action, like bring up your PDA, equip a weapon, use an item? Does it happen on a brand new character?
Yeah no I could interact with stuff normally.

But I checked the anomaly files and this probably explains it:

A few days ago I took a nap with GAMMA tabbed to the background. When I woke up and turned on my screen it was all glitchy like my videocard was dying, and then the screen went black.
I turned off the power to the PC and rebooted and it was fine. I guess that was the last time since I played again today. when I first started the whole game was also weirdly overexposed, combined with the missing pieces of UI.
Real weird that most of it worked fine but I'll reinstall Anomaly and see what happens. :shrug:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
after reinstalling anomaly, the anomaly 1.5.2 update, and GAMMA the game wont start at all (the main menu loads but not the actual game)

anomaly by itself works so I guess I'll delete all of GAMMA and try to reinstall it completely instead of overwriting it :/

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ekuNNN posted:

after reinstalling anomaly, the anomaly 1.5.2 update, and GAMMA the game wont start at all (the main menu loads but not the actual game)

anomaly by itself works so I guess I'll delete all of GAMMA and try to reinstall it completely instead of overwriting it :/

Did you launch Anomaly to the menu at least once before installing GAMMA? It creates some files necessary for GAMMA to work properly, this could be related.

Also check if you can properly get to moddb.com; the GAMMA install pulls a lot of data from moddb and could cause you to get temporarily blocked from downloading, and that could have interfered with the install. If that's the case, either wait for the lockout to decay (usually roughly 90 to 120 minutes) or turn on a VPN, then fire up the GAMMA Launcher again.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^ thanks for the tips and thinking along with me :glomp:

weirdly it seems like sometinhg got corrupted or hosed up in my user.ltx file that I backed up before reinstalling. Just had to redo all my settings and it works again now, with all the text overlays, even my saves that I backed up work fine :toot:
edit: wait the crashes were caused by turning off the waypoints mod in the mod menu :psyduck:

okay at least i can continue playing again now with all the visuals working normally and now crashing :toot:

another edit: I've got a countdown timer on my buffs like anti-radiation now. anyone know where to turn that off?

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 7, 2023

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ekuNNN posted:

^^ thanks for the tips and thinking along with me :glomp:

weirdly it seems like sometinhg got corrupted or hosed up in my user.ltx file that I backed up before reinstalling. Just had to redo all my settings and it works again now, with all the text overlays, even my saves that I backed up work fine :toot:
edit: wait the crashes were caused by turning off the waypoints mod in the mod menu :psyduck:

okay at least i can continue playing again now with all the visuals working normally and now crashing :toot:

another edit: I've got a countdown timer on my buffs like anti-radiation now. anyone know where to turn that off?

Disable 345- HUD Icons Time - bvcx under the heading 224- Newly added addons

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namnesor posted:

Disable 345- HUD Icons Time - bvcx under the heading 224- Newly added addons
awesome, thanks!

this new addition (to me) is amazing though, showing if you have the stuff theyre asking for:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Look at those Eggheads, arm-in-arm. They must be Good Friends.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Find you a man who will link arms with you while cradling a bullpup

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just happy this time the farmstead isnt full of mercs, like last time had to deliver a drug shipment there

(also that i can play the game again :neckbeard: )

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Oh man just remembered why I stopped playing Misery seven years ago- the absolute fuckton of burers guarding the jupiter plant.

I wasn’t going to give up this time, I set up multiple explosive traps along the roadway and goaded them out, running and gunning in a controlled retreat while lobbing back more grenades. When I made it to the entrance gate to the plant, two pseudogiants came barreling in and I narrowly escaped through the guardroom back outside.

They battled each other while i took pot shots from the trees with my SVD, eventually everything was dead.

loving Misery, that was some good poo poo once I decided to stop trying to stand my ground within the plant.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I recently noticed that my current Gamma save has lasted long enough to go from early November to mid December, so I decided to try swapping a few things out a mod I saw in the discord.

drat, this is different. lol

You even slide on the ice. :allears:

[edit] I am going to need to change UI mods, white UI on white snow does not work!

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 9, 2023

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Home, sweet home.

I kinda wish there was more hideout furniture stuff. Playing Barbie is my weakness, whether its dress up or doll house decorating.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Home, sweet home.

I kinda wish there was more hideout furniture stuff. Playing Barbie is my weakness, whether its dress up or doll house decorating.

Yeah. The weapon racks are a nice addition, but I'd love to throw down a permanent bed or some basic decorations.

I'm still a little too early in my current playthrough to invest heavily in setting up a hideout--I only just crafted an Advanced Kit and Army Rifle/Medium kits to upgrade my gear, but I'm still not quite ready to move further north.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 10, 2023

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Furniture items I’d like:

A table
A bed (even if it’s just an old mattress thrown on top of a couple wooden pallets)
A set of shelves that’ll fit most of the containers we can place.
A simple wall partition made of wood or sheet metal.

I also wouldn’t mind the light sources having better lifetimes. A few hours from a kerosene lamp sucks.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'm getting mental images of a couple of gas-mask clad stalkers lugging an old mattress up the stairs of a dilapidated building like they're broke rear end students and it's awesome

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

also, is that a wood fire on the floor of concrete bunker with no chimney? lol it's gonna get pretty fuckin smokey in there

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

I'm getting mental images of a couple of gas-mask clad stalkers lugging an old mattress up the stairs of a dilapidated building like they're broke rear end students and it's awesome

BLYAT!
PIVOT!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm that guy with an exo always pretending it's in for maintenance when his friends say they are moving.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Wafflecopper posted:

also, is that a wood fire on the floor of concrete bunker with no chimney? lol it's gonna get pretty fuckin smokey in there

Well, there is a manhole entrance off camera. :v: This is a little maintenance space I found under the substation in Jupiter.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

aniviron posted:

I'm that guy with an exo always pretending it's in for maintenance when his friends say they are moving.

it's uhhhh the servos yeah the servos are all... hosed up, yeah, it's very advanced stuff, even sakharov doesn't know what to do haha

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Wafflecopper posted:

like they're broke rear end students and it's awesome

If the zone was real would you get a lot of broke stalkers getting scurvy because all they’re eating is copious amounts of 65 cent beef/chicken ramen?

I figure people wouldn’t (hopefully) be eating Flesh chunk stew and Pseudodog chops, but ramen seems shelf stable enough, light weight, and it comes in rectangles so it’s easiest to bulk import?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tons of expired military rations too.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Namnesor posted:

it's uhhhh the servos yeah the servos are all... hosed up, yeah, it's very advanced stuff, even sakharov doesn't know what to do haha

Hey man, sorry I couldn't help you move. My PDA was acting up, and my exo was out of battery, and also there was a blowout happening (it was only localized to my area, you probably didn't get the alert)

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It's been right under our gotdamn noses the entire time, Galaga.

Maid and Haruka made an expanded furniture mod... for EFP. I've never played EFP, never delved that deeply into the modpack, so I only noticed this when someone uploaded it standalone to moddb.

Now... here's the wrinkle. This wasn't done with Maid or Haruka's approval, and there's functionality missing from some of the new items--the chairs, desks, hookah, TV, computer stuff, etc. has interact prompts but do nothing, likely tied to other mods in the EFP pack--but existing functionality works just fine (fridge, ammo box, medical supply box, for example, all work and even only take certain items as their description conveys). They also can't be crafted, and have to be spawned in via the debug menu.

In the event the mod gets removed from moddb, I've uploaded it elsewhere and should remain up without issues.

Time to get decoratin'.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Lol I think every time I start playing Anomaly/GAMMA again the "tutorial" mission with fanatic gets harder. I swore I remember seeing that they were changing the mission in one of the GAMMA updates but either I dreamed that or it's for the future. One try Fanatic chased one wounded boar all the way to the army checkpoint and got into a fight with them and another he got shredded by a swarm of 7 or 8 boars and at least one pseudodog. Honestly clearing out the brain scorcher gives less trouble than learning the ropes with Fanatic.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
haha, yeah. it also sucks when it costs you all your ammo and bandages and youre left with nothing to start doing real missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Another sorta newbie trap in the tutorial is the anomalous bread that spawns in the anomaly/artifact portion. I know some new players unfamiliar with the series will just blindly pick it up and not realize it's killing them since the tutorial gives you just one artifact container and enough starting anti-rad consumables to survive handling the artifact for the quest, but not if you're at the same time also picking up this one extra artifact that only spawns in this area and seemingly exists to dick over new players.

I guess the tutorial does do a good job of reinforcing the theme that everything and everyone in the Zone exists to bring you pain :allears: