Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Even better.

:stare:

I'm bowing out of the thread until I get a chance to watch it. Peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
loving amazing, beginning to end.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Good as gently caress

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
I cannot express how much better that episode was even than all the other great stuff before it. When Jotaro's theme started up, hot drat.

Also this was like a 'most creative use of punchghosts' montage.

e: And the magazines! And the sewer! holy hell

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also:
David Pro, you sly bastards
https://i.imgur.com/m3tgyLa.gif

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

dropping in to say hyped as gently caress for high dio, didn't think we'd see black lipstick this week (not counting the preview), woop woop

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo that episode was godlike and now Dio's got the green lipstick.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ReWinter posted:

I cannot express how much better that episode was even than all the other great stuff before it. When Jotaro's theme started up, hot drat.

Also this was like a 'most creative use of punchghosts' montage.

e: And the magazines! And the sewer! holy hell

Magazines was such a Battle Tendency-style bullshit move :allears:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The animation quality was so bad. They better have left enough of the budget for the last episode because this was honestly disappointing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was a bit shaky for Team DIO for a while, but we're favourites again going into the last episode.

I wasn't actually all too crazy for this episode, and it had a lot of QUALITY. That OP though...

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Lipstick is on.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That opening. :allears:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So loving good. Holy gently caress.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That opening. :allears:

It was so good. I almost did a spit-take in my office. Even in the OP, DIO is the best character.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

A lot of the weird rear end animation is gonna be redid on the blurays. Look back at all the poo poo they ended up fixing for part 1.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

deadly_pudding posted:

Magazines was such a Battle Tendency-style bullshit move :allears:

All of Battle Tendency posted:

nuh uh, you can't shoot me with your laser because my special shirt repels lasers

So, so glad Jotaro is holding up the family name in the most important way.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
someone please make a gif of that fatality

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I need Jotaro to do the Joestar family secret technique. It's all I ask for.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

littleorv posted:

I need Jotaro to do the Joestar family secret technique. It's all I ask for.

He did that already back against Yellow Temperance.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There was a flashback to Joseph and everything.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The new OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sxqTGd3S1A

e: Also, a small thing I've heard is correct (though I can't verify personally), but lost in the translation to English is that "The World, Toki wo tomare!" isn't DIO telling The World to stop time, it's DIO telling time itself to stop. Considering his god complex and how cocky it is, it's a small thing that characterises him really well.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 12, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

tiistai posted:

The animation quality was so bad. They better have left enough of the budget for the last episode because this was honestly disappointing.

I know you must be trolling but you still suck and i hate you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There really was a lot of janky animation here and there in this one. Like when he's laughing after having his skull busted, any long distance dialogue shot.

:allears:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Stands throwing knives is loving tight.

We've waited 47 episodes for that loving ORA on DIO. And it was satisfying.
Super Saiyan 2 DIO

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

There really was a lot of janky animation here and there in this one. Like when he's laughing after having his skull busted, any long distance dialogue shot.

:allears:

I dunno man maybe my standards got shot into the loving dirt by KLK but I don't see how someone could complain about this episode.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Aurain posted:

The new OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sxqTGd3S1A

e: Also, a small thing I've heard is correct (though I can't verify personally), but lost in the translation to English is that "The World, Toki wo tomare!" isn't DIO telling The World to stop time, it's DIO telling time itself to stop. Considering his god complex and how cocky it is, it's a small thing that characterises him really well.

Yes, because Toki wo tomare is agrammatical. You can't use the direct object particle "wo" with that form of the verb "tomaru". He's actually saying, Toki Yo, Tomare!, Time, (I command you)STOP!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I dunno man maybe my standards got shot into the loving dirt by KLK but I don't see how someone could complain about this episode.

It's :perfect:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I love how Jotaro just starts flying.

With no explanation whatsoever. :allears:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

When Dio sits up in the shop, and his face when he is about to chop Jotaro's head off and when he's crawling to the manhole look so bad it's comical.

Also, now people who thought Joseph was still alive can see why manga readers were so adamant he was dead. Didn't really want to say that it comes after Dio sucks out all his blood to go SSJ2 though.

CJ fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 12, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

He's completely right. Even as someone who loved this episode, the myriad of panning shots and cuts to the animation this episode were not good. The big points were still hit well, but when Dio was going for the manhole (Lol), it was like the most jarring thing in the loving world.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

DIO and The World had a bunch of strangely drawn faces in this episode. I don't usually notice them, but a good number of them were stills instead of inbetween frames so they stood out.
They'll probably be fixed in the blurays like all the other weird faces though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This poo poo was godlike though

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh my god, that opening....

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't watch a lot of anime that isn't JoJo so when I guess I'm a bit more susceptible to noticing when this one does go below par. It's still good for like 90% of the episode and doesn't detract greatly for me.

Here's a version of the gif with the zoom cut out for decent looping.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

He's completely right. Even as someone who loved this episode, the myriad of panning shots and cuts to the animation this episode were not good. The big points were still hit well, but when Dio was going for the manhole (Lol), it was like the most jarring thing in the loving world.

Fair point, DIO going for manholes should be the most natural thing in the world.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah some of the animation sucked hard, jotaro's face looked like a foot during the long shots and dio crawling to the manhole looked garbage, but this was top loving notch anime holy poo poo

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
The most natural thing in ZA WARUDO.

I also like that they kept all the details, like when Jotaro caved in Dio's skull and it switched to an X-Ray view, the little heart medallion was there, as if it was a part of his skull.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The hypest episode. The hypest OP. The hypest terrible animation. The hypest cliffhanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They'll fix that poo poo in the dvds/blurays, look up the comparison shots of season 1.

• Locked thread