Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What was wrong with the original 3ds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also 8 gig cards are almost 30 bucks on Amazon

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Is there a "best" Hyperdimension game for the Vita?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rebirth 3, I guess? The actual best one is V II on PS4/Steam though.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

In Training posted:

What was wrong with the original 3ds

Self-scratching screen, loose hinge, 3d that only works if you hold it just right.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Also 8 gig cards are almost 30 bucks on Amazon

Whenever I find them in physical stores they're marked way down, and used places typically have them in a bin behind the counter.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Ugh, Darkest Dungeon requires 3.61. I haven't updated yet because I wanted to play around with henkaku but I also wanted to try it on vita.

I kind of wonder what the next big game to require an update will be, world of final fantasy?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stanos posted:

Ugh, Darkest Dungeon requires 3.61. I haven't updated yet because I wanted to play around with henkaku but I also wanted to try it on vita.

I kind of wonder what the next big game to require an update will be, world of final fantasy?
I'd give it a week to see what sort of workaround someone cobbles together, it seems like there's no stopping this train

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

Self-scratching screen, loose hinge, 3d that only works if you hold it just right.

Also the boxy rear end corners made it annoying to hold for longer than 30 minutes and the original start, select, and menu buttons were trash.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Looks like the awful Nep action games, but they stole the car attacks from Transformers Devastation

...That is EXACTLY what it looks like. Holy cow.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

CrashCat posted:

I'd give it a week to see what sort of workaround someone cobbles together, it seems like there's no stopping this train

Yeah I'm in no rush to get it, I was just going to buy it when I got off work and I'm glad I checked before I did. Especially since I can just play it on other things. I just thought it'd be great on a handheld.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stanos posted:

Isn't Woff getting a physical release on vita? If yes it's doubtful that it would require 3.61.

Also a fix for needing 3.61 probably isn't coming anytime soon since it would require us to know the new decryption keys for 3.61 firmware.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 28, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why? The physical release will include the update and probably force you to apply it to play the game.
At least that's what 360 games did, that was the last time I ever bought a game without being connected to the internet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Why? The physical release will include the update and probably force you to apply it to play the game.
At least that's what 360 games did, that was the last time I ever bought a game without being connected to the internet.

Yes but henkaku is fairly new so it's not that likely that the requirement would be present in the physical games already.

Games coming out in the future will definitely do that though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Looks like the awful Nep action games, but they stole the car attacks from Transformers Devastation

Yeah but did the transformers clothes fall off when they got hit

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Phantasium posted:

Also the boxy rear end corners made it annoying to hold for longer than 30 minutes and the original start, select, and menu buttons were trash.

I remember those! Also the power button right where your thumb rests during use.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Cheeky bastards

https://twitter.com/RiceDigital/status/781210624659427328

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah but did the transformers clothes fall off when they got hit

I wish

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

That's not a Photoshop job.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

watch them fail to whitelist it anyway

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Trying to get the Golden Salmon in Trails of Cold Steel is on some Final Boss level poo poo. Geezus.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

I've spoken with the mods, and the "titty" meme is now banned in this thread.

Thank you.

I'm just gonna use tiddy -shrug-

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

AkumaHokoru posted:

I'm just gonna use tiddy -shrug-
I just use "life"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbOWa5fkiEA

The first hour of the latest Neptunia game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Trying to get the Golden Salmon in Trails of Cold Steel is on some Final Boss level poo poo. Geezus.

does the difficulty level you choose change how hard fishing is because I remember getting every fish in one try and not finding it difficult at all

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
PS4 Pro is supposed to improve remote play to PCs. Has there been any info on Vita remote play? Or would there simply not be anything to improve since we're talking about a sub-1080p screen anyway?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The available English materials make no mention of Vita as a remote play device.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Finally got around to starting P4G. There's pretty minimal choice (as linear as it gets), but I do like it so far (just got back from TV Land for the second time).

So far there are two girls I've interacted with. Without asking for big spoilers, does my character get any romantic interests in this game? Will I need to balance dialog responses so that I can go on a date with Yuffie instead of Aeris? Or Barret?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MisterAlex posted:

Finally got around to starting P4G. There's pretty minimal choice (as linear as it gets), but I do like it so far (just got back from TV Land for the second time).

So far there are two girls I've interacted with. Without asking for big spoilers, does my character get any romantic interests in this game? Will I need to balance dialog responses so that I can go on a date with Yuffie instead of Aeris? Or Barret?

There is dating, and you can date as many girls as you want. No boys, tho.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

MisterAlex posted:

you can date any girl with a social link that wouldn't be weird to date, you don't need to play any sort of balancing game, you'll just get the option to either date or be friends with a girl near the end of their social link

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

does the difficulty level you choose change how hard fishing is because I remember getting every fish in one try and not finding it difficult at all

I'm on Normal and this fishing challenge is part of one of my daily quests that I need to pass in order to proceed with the game. I've haven't tried to play it on other difficulties.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

I'm on Normal and this fishing challenge is part of one of my daily quests that I need to pass in order to proceed with the game. I've haven't tried to play it on other difficulties.

Do you have the Lakelord Star fishing rod? You can buy it from Kenneth once you've caught 12 types of fish, and anything from a Gold Salmon on up will be pretty tough to catch without it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Do you have the Lakelord Star fishing rod? You can buy it from Kenneth once you've caught 12 types of fish, and anything from a Gold Salmon on up will be pretty tough to catch without it.

No...I'm in Laura's hometown and all I have is the Deluxe Rod.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if it's something you need to do to progress the game it should be super easy unless you're doing something wrong since I completely ignored the fishing mini game and never got stuck

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

if it's something you need to do to progress the game it should be super easy unless you're doing something wrong since I completely ignored the fishing mini game and never got stuck

The Golden Salmon is non-essential, I think, but if you want to get all the sidequests in one playthrough it's the only fishing one, so if you ignored fishing it might be a pain - I really hope the fishing rods carry over to the NG+, I've caught all the fish and I don't want to fish anymore.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MisterAlex posted:

date Rise

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Date everyone, choose no one on Valentine's Day :unsmigghh:

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
I'd play anime babe Transformers, when's the toy line coming out?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Minidust posted:

PS4 Pro is supposed to improve remote play to PCs. Has there been any info on Vita remote play? Or would there simply not be anything to improve since we're talking about a sub-1080p screen anyway?

No change. Makes sense, considering that I don't think they're going to bother with 900p.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Junpei Hyde posted:

No boys, tho.

hosed up IMHO (In My Homo Opinion )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

macfam posted:

I'd play anime babe Transformers, when's the toy line coming out?

it's called idolmaster xenoglossia there are already figs