Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

ArmZ posted:

is there some reason they can't hang a bar or some chains off a light pole or a dedicated span, like in every parking garage i've ever seen.

that's what that yellow bar is for tbh - it's a visual warning and also shears off the top of whatever the dumb fucks are driving, so it doesn't damage the bridge itself

the main problem with other warning systems is that the intersection there is so close to the bridge that it's probably pretty hard to warn drivers turning in.

Sagebrush posted:

oh yeah also re 11'8" bridge chat -- australia has one of those and they had to install these awesome water curtain projection systems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9DjO-_rT8

apparently people still drive through it

i'm glad i dont have to use the cross city tunnel, or lane cove, because those two skip the sydney CBD, which has loving terrible traffic, so truckies sometimes just plow right on through, especially if they've come from outside the city and are exhausted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime
Jul 20, 2004

toiletbrush posted:

going wall-eyed is so much harder than cross-eyed, why do people keep making divergent stereograms

i find the divergent ones easier to do than the cross-eyed ones because focusing past stuff is just what i do automatically when i'm tired and relaxing my eyes. going cross-eyed takes a bit of effort for me

the way the cross-eyed ones pop out of the page versus sinking into it is definitely cooler though

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

e. -gently caress

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPDnKj6NkIk

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

hey pics

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

epipen posted:

that's what that yellow bar is for tbh - it's a visual warning and also shears off the top of whatever the dumb fucks are driving, so it doesn't damage the bridge itself

the main problem with other warning systems is that the intersection there is so close to the bridge that it's probably pretty hard to warn drivers turning in.

i'm glad i dont have to use the cross city tunnel, or lane cove, because those two skip the sydney CBD, which has loving terrible traffic, so truckies sometimes just plow right on through, especially if they've come from outside the city and are exhausted

northbound blackwall tunnel in london has warning signs starting at loving dover, 70 miles away, progressively larger and more strident signs the entire length of the A2, and bars and chains starting 3 miles away, then an automatic system that flashes lights and tries to divert overheight vehicles off to a safe alternative route, and eventually an automated gate just before the point of no return. That gate catches at least one lorry a day, and at least once a month one manages to barrel through before it closes and get stuck inside.

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

goddamnedtwisto posted:

northbound blackwall tunnel in london has warning signs starting at loving dover, 70 miles away, progressively larger and more strident signs the entire length of the A2, and bars and chains starting 3 miles away, then an automatic system that flashes lights and tries to divert overheight vehicles off to a safe alternative route, and eventually an automated gate just before the point of no return. That gate catches at least one lorry a day, and at least once a month one manages to barrel through before it closes and get stuck inside.

lmao

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/BiodegradableNiceIridescentshark.webm

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Mexican Apple Shipment posted:

[timg ]http://dreamsrecurring.tumblr.com/image/152770497649[/timg ]

lmao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

took me ten minutes to realize that they're using "present" as in "presenting something" and "correct" as in "correcting something" not like "here and right"

Not a military man then?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Impressive gains, but leg day requires a lot more space for safety.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

the dance moves "gå som kungen" as post-workout stretching?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

src plz

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dunno, sorry.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

haaaaaaaaanh

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp5QabWeUUw

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
wow cool bad sports meme from the dads internet meme corner in the computer pictures thread

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sports is now cool and good because i won 25€ from betting 1€ on a sports

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
im the yoga pants

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

lol cool im most of these things

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Dungeon Ecology posted:

lol cool im most of these things

:same:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i assume "yoga pants" is slang for analinguists or something

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

no, it's those harlots tempting me with their shapely butts

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i assume "yoga pants" is slang for analinguists or something

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

came here to post this

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
im the cigarette

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

:pwn:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sniep posted:

im the cigarette

im sure the plush fauxfur lining is 100% fire retardant as well for when you doze off in your musical egg

King Diamond
Dec 26, 2005

im the squirt of piss

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

NoneMoreNegative posted:

im sure the plush fauxfur lining is 100% fire retardant as well for when you doze off in your musical egg

nanu nanu

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/S8GntGh.mp4

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

El Laucha posted:

Yesterday I found out that something I had described to a few people now has a name: aphantasia (http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34039054).

Basically I cant visualize anything graphically when I close my eyes (or with open eyes). Take a beach for example, if I tell you to image a carribean beach, you'll probably see a picture pop up in your head with white sand beaches, turquoise water, some palm trees, big bootied ladies chilling under the scorching sun, you get the idea. I dont.

I know what it looks like, but I dont see it in my head. I see the idea of the beach. I can't really explain it better, read the article.

e: here have a cat pic

my friend has this, and he wants to be a fiction writer

how you gonna use words to create images in the mind of readers when you can't do it yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Relin posted:

my friend has this, and he wants to be a fiction writer

how you gonna use words to create images in the mind of readers when you can't do it yourself

wasn't there an article about how one of the writers of silicon valley has it?

• Locked thread