Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Did anyone else see that show starring Milton Jones on C4 just now or was it a fever dream I had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Did anyone else see that show starring Milton Jones on C4 just now or was it a fever dream I had?

I saw it and quite liked it

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Immediately before it was a different Milton Jones show on Dave (a standup set). It was wall to wall Milton. I really like his stuff, it's lovely old fashioned joke telling with no malice or unpleasantness, there's a definite innocence to it which is rather refreshing in a world of "edgy" comedians and genuinely good but kinda heavy stuff like Lee or Herring.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

kingturnip posted:

Low to non-existent, would be my guess.
Actually logging into Netflix via Unblock US, a splash screen informed me that using Netflix 'as I travel' would let me access different amounts of stuff.

Well, gently caress off. £6 p/m for access to the content they have for US customers is quite reasonable, but having to pay an extra $5 p/m to access it is creeping into 'am I going to get my money's worth?'

Well, when it comes to using it on a computer, couldn't you just use a free VPN like Hotspot Shield?

Mellomeh
Jun 12, 2006
Cross-posting from The Classical Thread.

If anyone here is a fan of Vaughan Williams, a pair of excellent documentaries aired the other night on BBC4 and are available on iPlayer now. There's The Lark Ascending which features a full performance of the original violin and piano arrangement. And there's The Passions of Vaughan Williams which is more of a biography of the man himself.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So was I, Partridge the swan song for the character or does Coogan plan on bringing him back on telly for six final episodes still?

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
Heads up for anyone who gets BBC America and comes in here for show recommendations. The Fades starts tonight. I saw it on Twitter, so it must be true.

Also this http://www.bbcamerica.com/the-fades/

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ShortLeroy posted:

Heads up for anyone who gets BBC America and comes in here for show recommendations. The Fades starts tonight. I saw it on Twitter, so it must be true.

Also this http://www.bbcamerica.com/the-fades/

Skip it.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I loved it. I was expecting it to be bad because I didn't really like any of Milton's radio 4 shows which were basically just really generic sitcoms with a bunch of his one-liners awkwardly shoehorned in.

Glad he's been given the opportunity to actually make something as funny and inventive as his standup. The production/direction really carries it along nicely too.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Watching Michael Madsen slowly suss out that his fellow housemates aren't even celebrities in This country is probably going to be the most entertaining thing I see this year.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

incredible bear posted:

Watching Michael Madsen slowly suss out that his fellow housemates aren't even celebrities in This country is probably going to be the most entertaining thing I see this year.
Did you see the show last night, the conversation between Madsen and Denise in the bedroom at the end was heavily edited it to make it seem like some friendly banter between the 2 of them. But here is how it really went down https://celebbigbrotheruk-s2.channel5.com/fbapp/video/Day-9-Why-do-you-never-ask-me-about-me/

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Bioalchemist posted:

Did you see the show last night, the conversation between Madsen and Denise in the bedroom at the end was heavily edited it to make it seem like some friendly banter between the 2 of them. But here is how it really went down https://celebbigbrotheruk-s2.channel5.com/fbapp/video/Day-9-Why-do-you-never-ask-me-about-me/
Hahaha wow I have to start watching this. Madsen is one cool cucumber. I can't tell from that clip whether Denise is an actual moron or if it's just an act.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Dicky B posted:

Hahaha wow I have to start watching this. Madsen is one cool cucumber. I can't tell from that clip whether Denise is an actual moron or if it's just an act.

That clip taught me that Michael Madsen was not the same man as Mads Mikkelson, and the CBB I had in my head is no infinitely less fun.

And how did they set the diary room on fire?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Pretty sure Denise was drunk, Michael's complained about drink changing her drastically. I am literally only watching the Madsen scenes, so I have no idea (nor desire to) what else is going on.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Snooker's back! Unfortunately, the studio is haunted.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Thanks thread for recommending Todd Margaret, really enjoyed it in an unbelievably cringe-worthy kind of way.

Local Group Bus
Jul 18, 2006

Try to suck the venom out.

Fatkraken posted:

Thanks thread for recommending Todd Margaret, really enjoyed it in an unbelievably cringe-worthy kind of way.

You might also like The worst week of my life if you want some more.

There's no Sharon Horgan in it though. :allears:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I started a Downton Abbey thread here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3461025 for the sole reason that it didn't seem right that the highest rated tv show of all time by critics didn't have it's own thread but Pawnstars did.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

If I wanted to watch the trials and tribulations of a bunch of upper-class twits, I'd pay attention to the news.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
:siren: Jane Mcdonald is back on Loose Women! :siren:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Hot Dog Day #31 posted:

I started a Downton Abbey thread here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3461025 for the sole reason that it didn't seem right that the highest rated tv show of all time by critics didn't have it's own thread but Pawnstars did.

Highest rated tv show of all time? Jesus christ. Was that mostly US critics? Because I suppose they love all this boring class based drama that excretes itself from UK channels.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Why do the C4 announcers keep mispronouncing The Simpsons? :psyduck:

They called it The Dimpsons yesterday.

And today they called it the EEDIES?

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Is the Todd Margaret IFC show considered British? I honestly don't even know what to make of it.

It's kinda awesome though from what I've seen

Maybe too many F-bombs, but that's my only gripe so far.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

NaDy posted:

Highest rated tv show of all time? Jesus christ. Was that mostly US critics? Because I suppose they love all this boring class based drama that excretes itself from UK channels.

Sort-of related; anyone heard anything about Upstairs, Downstairs? I loved the miniseries they put out this time last year, and was really hoping to get some more.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Maybe the announcer lost a bet

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Gram-O-Phone posted:

I thought I heard them say that, but I assumed I just misheard and they were talking about a different programme or something

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

56k posted:

Is the Todd Margaret IFC show considered British? I honestly don't even know what to make of it.
It was originally a C4 pilot. IFC came on-board when it got picked up for a series. For the second series, C4 don't seem to have even acknowledged it's existence.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
New Mad Dogs on Thursday at 9, Sky One.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Gram-O-Phone posted:

They've been doing it since before Christmas (I recall one day they distinctly said "The Pembertons"). I can only assume it's a bet between all the announcers to see who can get away with the most ridiculous mangling of the name without their bosses noticing.

That or they're all in cahoots with Derren Brown and are trying to impant subliminal messages in our heads...

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4O8tKbKNRY

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Irisi posted:

They've been doing it since before Christmas (I recall one day they distinctly said "The Pembertons"). I can only assume it's a bet between all the announcers to see who can get away with the most ridiculous mangling of the name without their bosses noticing.

That or they're all in cahoots with Derren Brown and are trying to impant subliminal messages in our heads...

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1090578

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

The best one I've heard is "The Cheese and Onions". I think it's a pretty good bet that it's A Derren Brown Thing but maybe they're just loving around for giggles.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Maybe he's just going through the alphabet, to see what he can get away with. It's not much, but at least for those 10 seconds, he is ALIVE. I guess it depends if it's the Fimpsons tomorrow.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

"Selma marries Grandpa"

Is...Is that a real description of an episode or just C4 pissing about?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Muppetjedi posted:

"Selma marries Grandpa"

Is...Is that a real description of an episode or just C4 pissing about?

no it really does happen. and yes, it's just as bad as it sounds

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Well, I can honestly say I hadn't noticed them mangling The Simpsons until last night, and I usually watch the show most days. Shows how observant I am, I guess it all just washes over me (I'm usually doing other stuff at the same time) :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Derren's doing. Something along the lines of your brain just hearing what it expects to hear or something.

Gram-O-Phone fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 18, 2012

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm pretty sure it's just an offhand joke that they do because they know you don't really give a poo poo what they are saying.

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
Oh God why has Masterchef started whilst I'm in the middle of my exam period!?!

Aki though :swoon:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

thebardyspoon posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just an offhand joke that they do because they know you don't really give a poo poo what they are saying.

There's an unsurprising Digital Spy thread about it where they once again prove themselves to be a load of tedious humourless bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
Health warning for anybody watching big brother, you may get the uncensored version of this tonight https://celebbigbrotheruk-s2.channel5.com/fbapp/video/Day-13-Denise-in-de-nude/#content