Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying-Jigs
Apr 1, 2005

its a cookie

Slothful Bong posted:

Oh yesss!!!! This seems to be what I was looking for!

Open to any other ones anyone else has too, once robi got shut down I gave up looking since there were too many pirate only blogspots. The more places sharing underground SDS, the better!

And it'll give me a place to send my music so they can wonder why I'm combining djent and sds and give it 1/5 stars, lol.

I've discovered a lot of great poo poo like Spaceslug, Rezn and Weedpecker on the stoned meadow of doom YouTube channel. He puts out lots of underground stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/StonedMeadowOfDoom93

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Flying-Jigs posted:

I've discovered a lot of great poo poo like Spaceslug, Rezn and Weedpecker on the stoned meadow of doom YouTube channel. He puts out lots of underground stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/StonedMeadowOfDoom93

I've been getting most of my new music from there lately. Its how I discovered Spaceslug and Weedpecker as well.

Bong Druid of Mammoth Mountain or whatever that other channel is called is good for discovery too.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

butros posted:

Really wish they'd do a US tour.

e: this is such a great vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYfJuW282_I

I may have posted this before so sorry if shilling.

My buddies named a band after Marvin Heemeyer once. It's not really doom, but it's vaguely related.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
How the hell is Electric Pentacle not in use as a band name yet?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Darthemed posted:

How the hell is Electric Pentacle not in use as a band name yet?

Thanks I have to check out some of these stories.

I love the part about Lovecraft being his douchy self:

quote:

lthough a self-proclaimed fan of Hodgson's work, H. P. Lovecraft considered Carnacki, the Ghost-Finder "vastly inferior" to his earlier novels, calling it "his poorest work" and Carnacki himself "very weak, artificial and stereotyped", "surely only a mediocre echo of John Silence".

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
He’s right, Hodgson’s novels kick rear end and are vastly more metal than Carnacki

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I've been getting most of my new music from there lately. Its how I discovered Spaceslug and Weedpecker as well.

Bong Druid of Mammoth Mountain or whatever that other channel is called is good for discovery too.

speaking of which, he just put up a new 4-way split of Dopelord / Weedpecker / Major Kong / Spaceslug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMySuLLMS0s

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos
Haha I was JUST listening to "witches on my Land" and discovered they had a new song!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Autographed Sleep/HoF prints to help Pike get some new toes

https://photos.tinnitus-photography.com/blog/2019/1/matt-pike-fundraiser

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Should I drive 3.5 hours one way to CT and get a hotel for the weekend for this fest, or just drive 3 hours round trip to see King Buffalo in Philly this same weekend?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I wouldn't skip the fest if I were you. I missed seeing 1 More TBA! back in 1997 and I'm still kicking myself.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Varg posted:

Should I drive 3.5 hours one way to CT and get a hotel for the weekend for this fest, or just drive 3 hours round trip to see King Buffalo in Philly this same weekend?

Why wouldn't you go to a show with a band called Hell Camino? It's like you don't even understand stoner metal.

The only band on that list I've seen is Kings Destroy and they were pretty great, pretty sure I've got a shirt and everything, so I say go.

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

I'm in CT, Southwest part of state - not sure where that venue is in relation to me, but if I'm still in CT at that time, will def be there and can offer up a couch or something if needed.

Also, just discovered Somali Yacht Club.

Ukraine, Poland, and Russia have been putting out the most incredible psych stoner the past 10 years, my god.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
King Buffalo is boring, so I'd go with the fest if it were me choosing.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Shakenbaker posted:

Why wouldn't you go to a show with a band called Hell Camino? It's like you don't even understand stoner metal.

The only band on that list I've seen is Kings Destroy and they were pretty great, pretty sure I've got a shirt and everything, so I say go.

is clamfight a take on scissorfight

e: clamfight is actually pretty good, i say go.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 2, 2019

Flying-Jigs
Apr 1, 2005

its a cookie

Slothful Bong posted:

I'm in CT, Southwest part of state - not sure where that venue is in relation to me, but if I'm still in CT at that time, will def be there and can offer up a couch or something if needed.

Also, just discovered Somali Yacht Club.

Ukraine, Poland, and Russia have been putting out the most incredible psych stoner the past 10 years, my god.

I've been listening to Somali Yacht Club's two albums almost non-stop for months now. I saw them play a show in a basement in Krakow while I was on holiday and was hooked. As far as Ukraine bands go, I'm also really enjoying the latest Stoned Jesus album too!

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Varg posted:

Oh nice, Solace still exist! I haven't heard anything from them in years.

Corrosion of Conformity were so drat good on the weekend. No Reed, but the new drummer is great. They even dug into the deep cuts and brought out "It's That Way."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New Sunn O))) " LIFE METAL" album in April

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4miK2kxrHM

we feastin

:worship:

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 5, 2019

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cool cover image

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Was coming in here to post the same thing. I can't wait to destroy my ears with this album in April! :swoon:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Wed 17/04/2019 Cleveland, OH The Agora Theatre
Thu 18/04/2019 Detroit, MI Masonic Temple
Fri 19/04/2019 Chicago, IL Rockefeller Chapel
Sat 20/04/2019 Pelham, TN The Caverns
Wed 24/04/2019 Philadelphia, PA Underground Arts
Thu 25/04/2019 Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn Steel
Fri 26/04/2019 New Haven, CT College Street Music Hall
Sun 28/04/2019 Washington, DC The Howard Theatre

edit: my southeasterners probably know but the pelham caverns are literally a cave. great opportunity to get crushed by rocks dethklok style

edit2: ughhhh I'm really debating whether to fly down from DC to TN for this someone talk me down

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 5, 2019

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Ingmar terdman posted:

Sat 20/04/2019 Pelham, TN The Caverns

My ears are not prepared. Yee-haw!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

gently caress Brooklyn Steel is garbage compared to a cavern.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You know I was stoked when I found out earlier today that Weedeater, ASG, and Toke are playing at a brewery here next month but then I find out some assholes get to see SunnO))) in a loving cave and now I just feel like a chump.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

holy poo poo why can’t I see sunn in a loving cave ahhhh

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That's almost like being in Hell and having them be your soundtrack as you're thrust into the underworld and that's the dopest poo poo ever

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Absolutely terrible job of talking me out of flying down for the cave show everybody, pricing flights soon as I lock down tickets

Stoner/Doom/Sludge: "I'll be the guy with the beard in the black Sleep shirt™"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sunn are the best band I've ever seen live.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

That Austin Terror Fest lineup looks crazy.

Involving Daikaiju is a great idea considering their monotonix-influenced stage show, even though they (Daikaiju) are a surf band.

I want to like current day Machine Girl, but I don't. I prefer MG's mostly juke and dnb influenced music that he's seemed to mostly abandon. Newer stuff makes me think of Atari Teenage Riot.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Now that I've had a night to think about it, I was planning to make the drive to Atlanta for Yob/Voivod/Amenra in April already but hadn't booked anything, plus that's on a weekday. That Sunn show isn't that much farther and is a weekend...

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Lets see. Sunn O))). In a cave. On a Saturday. That's April, 20th. Yeah, 4/20. This may very well be the show to end all shows for me. Good bye all. See you on the other side.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anyone know if the hotels associated with the Caverns are ok? And how much of a massive pain it would be to get there from an airport without a car?

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Can we just sleep in the cave?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Sleep's not at this show, man!

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post

Snowy posted:

Anyone know if the hotels associated with the Caverns are ok? And how much of a massive pain it would be to get there from an airport without a car?

Pelham is a 1.5~ hour drive south of Nashville if you're flying into BNA, but like 90% of it is on I-24 so it is an easy trip... buuuut without a car I guess it is a bit of a pain in the rear end? No clue about the hotels, though.

I'm going to have to cut early from a wedding in time to make it down there myself... if I can get a ticket of course.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
My buddy that plays in Cavity just told me that new music is imminent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZEDvxjUq24

gently caress yeah

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Weaponized Cum posted:

My buddy that plays in Cavity just told me that new music is imminent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZEDvxjUq24

gently caress yeah

poo poo yeah I'll take some new Cavity. I think I've had Marginal Man Blues get stuck in my head once a week for at least 15 years now. Hopefully they'll do some shows too, it'll be like being a kid again.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
They're playing at SXSW. Saw them two years ago and it was fantastic

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Think two years ago was when I saw them last too, up in Baltimore. I'm hoping for Florida dates though, easier for me to get to that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

sunn o in a cave is so loving cool. how do you even top that?