Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

theflyingexecutive posted:

also none of the statues in that time were bare marble, they were all garishly painted

eehhhhhhh most of what we can recover is just the base coat but they probably had detail work painted onto them that's gone forever

but still lol viddygame devs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Kilmers Elbow has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Feb 23, 2018

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Somebody should photoshop Black Panther into that Jesus Camp gif

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/966834435281874944

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what why the gently caress is google doing an event at cpac lol

not a serious question i know its because they are rich and savvy enough to play both sides

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Is it just the Google New Testament, or is it one of those that throws in Google Psalms and Google Proverbs also?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

General Dog posted:

Is it just the Google New Testament, or is it one of those that throws in Google Psalms and Google Proverbs also?

its a branded moleskine notebook, which are super popular with tech people

the fact that they have the little hymnal ribbon bookmark plays well with the ego

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this dipshit is running for congress

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

get that OUT of my face posted:

this dipshit is running for congress

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Google is proof of why Mao was right.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
republicans love the color red right

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

what why the gently caress is google doing an event at cpac lol

They've always played both sides, but it is kinda noteworthy that they were one of the first companies with ties to democrats to very aggressively change course to suck up to republicans. Like to the point where old leadership is being replaced by Peter Thiel types.

It never really was that woke anyway. Part of what was so absurd about the James Damore memo was that if he thought about this poo poo for six seconds he would realize that just about everything he was wishing for was about to be granted, like the aggressively woke folks he hated at work are now getting fired.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurtofan posted:

republicans love the color red right

this explains the hillary logo

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Lol Google is fuckd

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Google is proof of why Mao was right.

google bad though

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

theflyingexecutive posted:

also none of the statues in that time were bare marble, they were all garishly painted

Not quite true either, since the stone only retains evidence of the underpainting. They were probably bloc-painted into color zones, then detailed. They were probably bright but fairly realistic.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Not quite true either, since the stone only retains evidence of the underpainting. They were probably bloc-painted into color zones, then detailed. They were probably bright but fairly realistic.

Yea I'm pretty sure that the statues were painted to be life like and not cartoony. I mean you can't tell me that the expertly sculpted marble statues weren't painted with the same attention to detail and precision.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

https://twitter.com/BobbySealecom/status/967187611100958720

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

LGD posted:

google bad though

I used to think Mao was good, but then I saw a Meme.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yea I'm pretty sure that the statues were painted to be life like and not cartoony. I mean you can't tell me that the expertly sculpted marble statues weren't painted with the same attention to detail and precision.

It's just weird that they've decided that the underpainting must have been where they stopped. Like they could have literally asked any painter and the painter would tell you what I'm saying (also a painter), "well you just know the base layer right?"

Also, this is how a lot of paintings were done historically is that apprentices would do the grunt work of blocking stuff in. Hell, this is a job now in comics (setting the "flat" colors for the actual colorist to go in and properly shade).

Pick has issued a correction as of 02:43 on Feb 24, 2018

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

R. Guyovich posted:

I used to think Mao was good, but then I saw a Meme.

Killing Sparrows was DUMB though. Like there isn't any way to justify it especially if you are trying to pedal "enlightenment," because the US (and the world) has a rich history of what happens when you kill a shitload of birds.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

eehhhhhhh most of what we can recover is just the base coat but they probably had detail work painted onto them that's gone forever

but still lol viddygame devs

Yeah, basecoat, shade, highlight, fine highlight, decals, weathering, basing.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Killing Sparrows was DUMB though. Like there isn't any way to justify it especially if you are trying to pedal "enlightenment," because the US (and the world) has a rich history of what happens when you kill a shitload of birds.

ok

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Mao was bad, the meme is just spreading the good news.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Silent spring was a how to

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mao was bad, the meme is just spreading the good news.

no

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

dengism is the wokest brand when u think about it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

TomViolence posted:

dengism is the wokest brand when u think about it

"It doesn't matter if it's a black cat or a white cat..."

Checks out.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/iD4RO/status/967119141013368832

justin trudeau is the apotheosis of the woke brand

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

TomViolence posted:

he also chastised a woman for using the term "mankind" and told her to use "personkind" instead. in a sense, we dodged a bullet with President Hillary because they'd be constantly one-upping each other in wokeness

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TomViolence posted:

It's only cultural appropriation when a poor guy does it

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

I hope he goes on a disastrous racist rant

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pantsuit posted:

I hope he goes on a disastrous racist rant

Apparently abetting genocide in Yemen doesn't count as this

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Build a bunch of pipelines over first nations land because it's 2015

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Didn't he also say that Africans were incapable of maintaining a stable society?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

MizPiz posted:

Didn't he also say that Africans were incapable of maintaining a stable society?

No that's Macron.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Grondoth posted:

No that's Macron.

Eh, same difference, they come from the same test tube.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

so I'm not the only person who noticed in Black Panther that the victory of Michael B Jordans character over the wakandans was signified in the music by the good, traditional African music being infiltrated by evil, dangerous hip-hop beats, right

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

so I'm not the only person who noticed in Black Panther that the victory of Michael B Jordans character over the wakandans was signified in the music by the good, traditional African music being infiltrated by evil, dangerous hip-hop beats, right

The woke brands are coming from inside the thread!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

michael "basketball" jordan is the maoist (third worldist) hero of the film, and his theme's influence on the wakandan theme represents the revolutionary seed he planted