Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Remember when T Dawgs cut was super serious because infections were still a thing back then

now we have fuckin Al in Fear getting malaria or whatever the gently caress, and then popping one pill and being literally fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

now we have fuckin Al in Fear getting malaria or whatever the gently caress, and then popping one pill and being literally fine

Did they ever give her a backstory or decide to gently caress it, she's just odd?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Did they ever give her a backstory or decide to gently caress it, she's just odd?

She was a journalist before the apocalypse, and stuck with it post-apocalypse; that's about it.

If the spoilered info about next episode is true, I just want to say, it's been an honor shitposting with all of you :patriot:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Honestly that leaked Rick thing for next episode is exactly what this stupid show deserves. An actual well-written sendoff for the character would just feel wrong at this point.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My hatewatching will not be satisfied until Carol, Daryl, and Morgan are dead.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm finishing out this season to watch Maggie get ambiguously sent off then I'm done for good

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

Remember when zombies could run, climb ladders, use tools and throw heavy objects?

I seriously think it'd been a lot easier to write them as a threat if they never lost those abilities. "Oh the walkers are at the fence again, yawn" vs "The walkers are at the fence again and one of them has a loving axe!"

OMG its cutting down the support beams on the fence that are on the outside for some reason!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Eugene will take over the world

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Hahahahahaha oh my

Episode 6 description:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:vince: six year time skip

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm never gonna stop hate watching this show because it's like my own little mst3k every week

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I guess we will assume Morgan's group will never come East

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Just in time for the first baby Judith actress to come back!

Probably. Has it been that long I can't even remember anymore.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m gonna laugh when a bunch of characters aren’t there anymore and later this season we get filler flashback episodes that explain how they died/why they were exiled/which hole they fell into and never escaped.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Heath is back, but it is never discussed.

They let Negan out of prison at some point but everyone's cagey about why exactly.

Gabriel lost the sight in his other eye, but that's only because the make-up department put the blind contact in the wrong eye.

Daryl, in disgrace, now lives in that pit full-time, shunning all visitors.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 2, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spellman posted:

Eugene will take over the world

I would take back everything I ever said about this show if it ends with Eugene reenacting this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xH5fZ62VvA

Literally everything

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

lol I guess we will assume Morgan's group will never come East

Remember when they had in their hands one of the best and most unique TV crossovers, when it looked like Madison and crew were going to run up against TWD proper as the main villains?

Goddamn such wasted potential

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Hexel posted:

:vince: six year time skip
Somehow I'm betting everything is the same, but there's a bridge now.

Thanks TWD for saving us from 6 seasons.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A few characters have beards now and a few who had beards have longer ones now, so you Know it's been a real long time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Stuff supposedly leaked again

Rick survives the impaling and also another close call at the bridge. Main cast believes he's dead, while he lives and is helicoptered away to PoochieLand thanks to Jadis

From the same people who leaked him falling off the horse onto convenient rebar for the impaling

More in-depth stuff

Rick makes his way to the bridge, hallucinating along the way (Hershel, Sasha, Shane), and as he gets to the bridge, he remembers Daryl said it will probably collapse under the weight of the herd. It doesn’t, but there is dynamite there. Rick thinks he is hallucinating Team Family as they run to him, and shoots the dynamite to blow the bridge and Michonne et al sees bridge, herd, Rick, go up in flames. Rick is then found downriver by Jadis, and she, Rick and helicopter leave.

There is a big time jump at the end that reveals the beginnings of the Whisperers, and 10 year old Judith in Rick’s hat killing walkers

Time skip confirmed

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

hahaha that is seriously amazing. watch them wrap up the whisperers bythe end of this season, while we had total war for like 3 seasons where nothing happened :allears:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

warcrimes posted:

Lol, it belongs to one of Carol's group confronting the Saviors led by a that dude we're supposed to know that I've never seen before. She dismounts/dies off screen and they show the horse wandering away, apparently not exactly spooked by gunfire and probably just looking for a way off the show. It then teleports in front of Rick and Darryl.

Horses 2, Rick's group 0

49ers 34, Raiders 3 lol

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Wait so is rick not actually dying?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Those spoilers sound awesome in the dumbest ways I can't wait

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

Those spoilers sound awesome in the dumbest ways I can't wait

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
the time skip is just for this episode, the next six seasons are going to be 1 year each and rick grimes is coming back on the show when andrew lincoln's kids are in college lmao just in time for season 15 of emmy-award winning AMC's the walkin dead

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nwin posted:

What do you want to bet after the audience gets trolled viewership drops 50%?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

I would take back everything I ever said about this show if it ends with Eugene reenacting this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xH5fZ62VvA

Literally everything

I'd be ok with Aku telling me bedtime stories

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

nwin posted:

He’s going back to his home planet

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Turns out they were being very literal about "Rick Grimes' final episodes". Andrew Lincoln will continue to star, playing a man who ripped off Rick's face and wears it

I'm not even sure I'm kidding

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I don't think they can kill Rick. He will be a sage in the future universe of TWD, and will also learn necromancy over the years—a completely redundant skillset after the infection

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

nwin posted:

They're banking on Lincoln changing his mind and either coming back long-term eventually or at least coming back for the inevitable series finale

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
A 6 year time skip just so they can make Judith into a sentient character instead of just killing Judith.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm 110% on board if necromancy is introduced.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm 110% on board if necromancy is introduced.

Username/post combo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Tortuga posted:

A 6 year time skip just so they can make Judith into a sentient character instead of just killing Judith.

Just what this show needed, another dumb teenager.

ed: What age is she even supposed to be at this point? Producers said two years total between societal collapse and the Negan War, Judith was born at the prison IIRC, so nearly 2?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jf_drUrmsw

Where are these zombies? Because they are a helluva lot more scary. :colbert:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

this show would be slightly better if they were willing to recast characters and have an "the Other Darren" situation if only to stick to a consistent long-term plan instead of constantly skidding a very rickety and poorly-built wagon around giant rocks in the road

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I just want Rick to wake up in the hospital. Shane and everyone is there and it was all just a fever dream.

That or aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I just want Rick to wake up in the hospital. Shane and everyone is there and it was all just a fever dream

:eyepop:

this would actually be a good ending