Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
That's great driving. I feel like that's easier to do by accident than on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Sometimes Twitter can be good

https://twitter.com/DavidLarter/status/1324382118735155201?s=20

https://twitter.com/R_P_one/status/1324432147793514496?s=20

https://twitter.com/nickbradbeer/status/1324442750859837441?s=20

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

all would fall against one goose-sized goose

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Two pieces of lovely business. Someone’s been having a lot of safe sex on the ship and keeps flushing the condoms. Unbelievable. The garbage can is like 3ft away. gently caress you.

Also heritage months are secured. Not sure what I’m gonna do with these hula hoops and darts now. Guess we’ll just rename the game “spear the running injun” and have fun anyways.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Make a ship wide announcement whenever you have a drill or accountability meeting and tell them the MSD is separated into tanks according to berthing and you know who it is. gently caress those guys.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

lightpole posted:

Make a ship wide announcement whenever you have a drill or accountability meeting and tell them the MSD is separated into tanks according to berthing and you know who it is. gently caress those guys.

That would be a good plan if we hadn’t had relentless surface warfare training and even the idiots know we just have one tank for black and grey water this stupid loving ship.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
"relentless surface warfare training" = potty training?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Geizkragen posted:

"relentless surface warfare training" = potty training?

It is now. I volunteered to show the phantom condom jacker how to jerk off in the head with tissue but was turned down by the triad.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
A few people on my boat used condoms for masturbation, which briefly confused leadership into thinking people were having sex.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

And to be fair I forwarded the idea it could be someone putting the condom on a foxtail handle to cover both men and woman on the ship either together or separately.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

LingcodKilla posted:

Someone’s been having a lot of safe sex on the ship and keeps flushing the condoms. Unbelievable. The garbage can is like 3ft away. gently caress you.

Its shame not distance.

A tale as old as time, people flushing the wrong stuff down marine toilets though.

Someone write a proceedings article suggesting a toilet design with two flush levers that must be actuated at the same time over 6 feet apart so commands can institute a system to log logs with two person integrity. Both persons have to review the deposit prior to submission and sign off that it doesn't contain inappropriate foreign material.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

piL posted:

Its shame not distance.

A tale as old as time, people flushing the wrong stuff down marine toilets though.

Marine head is clogged. HTs investigate. Macerator siezed. Tear down macerator. Find a Barbie doll in it.

Shame made that Marine flush his Barbie.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

My two afloats we were berthed in Snipes Castle. I loving hated all of them (as they hated us) but we always had hot water and working shitters

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

piL posted:

Its shame not distance.

Someone write a proceedings article suggesting a toilet design with two flush levers that must be actuated at the same time over 6 feet apart so commands can institute a system to log logs with two person integrity. Both persons have to review the deposit prior to submission and sign off that it doesn't contain inappropriate foreign material.

They would just send it down the sink instead or something. Like you said, shame is a strong motivator. My preference would be for flushable tampons, condoms and paper towels as the same thing happens ashore.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

piL posted:

Its shame not distance.

This is a good idea and I have a lot of free time. Log gazing can’t be much different than meat gazing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just FYI, noted dead Navy guy John McCain finally scored a kill today.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just FYI, noted dead Navy guy John McCain finally scored a kill today.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Did I imagine this, or did the navy.mil homepage have a big photo of the USS John S. McCain featured on Election Day? Epic troll if they did.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/defense_news/status/1324788427133538304

Can we just FMS all the LCS please?

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 6, 2020

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It's a wonderment that both classes of LCS seem equally snakebit.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Block buy bitches, hahaha haha.

Glad I only have to send off 4 more of them and then work on frigates.

Also all the topside stuff is fine so don't look at me.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

PneumonicBook posted:

Block buy bitches, hahaha haha.

Don't forget the blatant use of Dubya's approval rating and 9/11 fervor to fast-track the LCS and JSF buys.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Marine head is clogged. HTs investigate. Macerator siezed. Tear down macerator. Find a Barbie doll in it.

Shame made that Marine flush his Barbie.

I had to do this and when we eventually found the blockage it was a flip flop.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Did the flip flop have a slit or hole cut in it at least?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
A-gang had to do a tear down of the san system once on my boat. Some dude flushed a pair of his skivvies. With his name stenciled on them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Had a really cool Navy day. I got to sit in on my first counseling chit today. Also we found some evidence of loving going on in the known "gently caress shack" on the ship. Gross, and they managed to break some cabling while flopping around.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

They're grooming you for command Crab Dad

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
First reservist MCPON

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Fuckshack is just another word for "fanroom" right?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NavalInstitute/status/1325828398200074240?s=20

Great movie

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lou Takki posted:

Fuckshack is just another word for "fanroom" right?

Eh on my ship its the helicopter watch room. Very romantic sweeping view of the flight deck.

The counseling was on a sailor coming up the gangway with a open beer on hand. He ended up shotgunning it and tossing the bottle over his shoulder before trying to argue that it was just glasssss maaaaaan. >.<

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

LingcodKilla posted:

Eh on my ship its the helicopter watch room. Very romantic sweeping view of the flight deck.

The counseling was on a sailor coming up the gangway with a open beer on hand. He ended up shotgunning it and tossing the bottle over his shoulder before trying to argue that it was just glasssss maaaaaan. >.<

It be a real shame if someone forgot to secure the 21JZ.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

piL posted:

It be a real shame if someone forgot to secure the 21JZ.

Or if you actually bump the switch for the AFFF sprinklers on the flight deck...

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’m going to annoy the hell out of all my marine patients today

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

People who litter are literally the worst.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Speaking of human garbage, my old unit had a Sailor test positive for COVID. So he's at home and they proceeded to not alert the command or do any contact tracing or anything beyond "business as usual". So cool! Is there a system in place for informing big Navy when their commands just gently caress off USN and DoD policy re: COVID?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

Speaking of human garbage, my old unit had a Sailor test positive for COVID. So he's at home and they proceeded to not alert the command or do any contact tracing or anything beyond "business as usual". So cool! Is there a system in place for informing big Navy when their commands just gently caress off USN and DoD policy re: COVID?

I know someone who might help, check PMs.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
And here I was trying to find the public health nurses info.

Barnacle Snatcher
Aug 19, 2006

All things began in order so shall they end, so shall they begin again according to the Ordainer of Order and the mystical mathematicks of the City of Heaven.

Barnacle Snatcher posted:

Submitted my waiver on 11Sep to my command. Wouldve earlier, but was told that our ISIC was super backlogged and to wait. Set to transfer from a ship to shore command, I do have a school en route that classes up on 03Jan, but it's Instructor School at the same base. Our BBD is all kinds of hosed up, and we're gapped a few billets(none of which I have, mind you). I suppose nothing is certain, but it makes planning a huge pain in the rear end. Last I heard, my waiver was at CNSP, but people do say theyve been getting theirs back very close to when they leave. I guess we'll see what happens.

Waiver denied, 3 days before we pull into homeport and Im supposed to walk off the ship. FML

Wouldve been nice if they told me a definitive answer before my wife put in her resignation with her job. Trying to get my emotions in order, of course I found out as I assume midwatch, so no one is awake that I can talk to about it. gently caress this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Barnacle Snatcher posted:

Waiver denied, 3 days before we pull into homeport and Im supposed to walk off the ship. FML

Wouldve been nice if they told me a definitive answer before my wife put in her resignation with her job. Trying to get my emotions in order, of course I found out as I assume midwatch, so no one is awake that I can talk to about it. gently caress this.

Sorry to hear, that’s lovely.