Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

That funky monkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

mercenarynuker posted:

That funky monkey

Put your left leg down, your right leg up
Tilt your head back and touch its nuts

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

dog nougat posted:

I hope this one of those things where the balls were originally painted blue, but people kept touching them and wore the paint off.
Nads Fully Touched

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Soul Dentist posted:

Please post that picture here in this thread ty

Normal Mr. Tayto

He's friendly, polite, calm

Insane Mr Tayto

GONNA EAT YER KIDS!!!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

A solid gold bean with a "street value" of exactly one million dollars

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Pookah posted:

Normal Mr. Tayto

Insane Mr Tayto

GONNA EAT YER KIDS!!!

Sociopath vs psychopath. Don't discount those beady little black pits for eyes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pookah posted:

Normal Mr. Tayto

Insane Mr Tayto

GONNA EAT YER KIDS!!!
always thought it a bit ironic that southern mr tayto looks like an orangeman

mind you northern mr tayto looks like an orangeman asking a question on Nolan

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Who was this about?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/c0nc0rdance/status/1484895108688498692?s=20

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
The Dawn of Everything.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The chud mindset wrt that is "Well I never had spices and warmth, so why should you?!" *votes to ban heating, dies in the cold*

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Samovar posted:

Who was this about?

Alex Berenson, widely mocked as 'The Pandemic's Wrongest Man'; he's a hack novelist and anti-vax hot-take machine who is (was?) suing twitter for banning him.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/pandemics-wrongest-man/618475/

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

always thought it a bit ironic that southern mr tayto looks like an orangeman

I'm glad I'm not the only person who keeps thinking this.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Rascar Capac posted:

The Dawn of Everything.

Great. Every time I eat like 13th century royalty I'll be imagining this.

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Jan 23, 2022

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

OwlFancier posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who keeps thinking this.

Wrong hat tho

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you go to a bar on a Saturday night, chug some shots, eat some nachos, smoke a cigarette outside, and then piss into a flush toilet, you've already reached greater heights of hedonism and sybaritic excess in one single evening than any of the greatest Emperors of Rome or Pharaohs of Egypt managed to do in an entire lifetime.

Teriyaki Hairpiece has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Jan 23, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If you go to a bar on a Saturday night, chug some shots, eat some nachos and chicken tenders, smoke a cigarette outside, and then piss into a flush toilet, you've already reached greater heights of hedonism and sybaritic excess in one single evening than any of the greatest Emperors of Rome or Pharaohs of Egypt managed to do in an entire lifetime.

Oh word?

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

If you go to a bar on a Saturday night, chug some shots, eat some nachos, smoke a cigarette outside, and then piss into a flush toilet, you've already reached greater heights of hedonism and sybaritic excess in one single evening than any of the greatest Emperors of Rome or Pharaohs of Egypt managed to do in an entire lifetime.

It's like that one tweet about how we have experienced more extreme nacho flavor from one dorito than someone from the 13th century ever would have in their entire life time. The tweet was made to be funny but gently caress man, I eat better than emperors of old and that's wild to think about.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I bet that dumbass Magellan thought he traveled some miles on a human scale. But if you laid out miles traveled stats against some middle manager million miler traveling for work at a job he hates it would blow his zombie mind right out of his skeleton

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

But the nature of human desire is such that this empty consumption doesn't satisfy us any more than it did the emperors of old. We are often left emptier than when we began the night, feeling less satisfied and certainly less well. This is because the endless pursuit of consumption can provide only temporary respite from the terrible march of time.

The ascetics would tell you to forsake material pleasures entirely, that the only way to defeat this desire is to relegate it purely to the ideal realm and thereby starve it completely. This is foolish, as this banishes desire only temporarily, in much the same way as does consumption.

These are the ideas of old. I would argue that the true benefit we have over our ancestors isn't our material excess but the ideas we have inherited, developed and honed. Another school of thought, informed by thousands of years of history, is that we should pursue that which is abjected by desire. In doing so we actually broaden our desires and transcend our purely animal drives. We thereby indulge in a more deeply fulfilling pleasure that isn't limited to temporary material comfort.

In conclusion: piss on the floor. Eat the cigarette. Soak the nachos in the alcohol and splash it in a stranger's face.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

This overlooks the endorphin rush from power. The difference between your party and the emperor's is that he can order anything that comes to mind and expect it to be done. A minor lord from medieval europe could probably get away with more depravity than a world leader or billionaire today.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bodnoirbabe posted:

It's like that one tweet about how we have experienced more extreme nacho flavor from one dorito than someone from the 13th century ever would have in their entire life time. The tweet was made to be funny but gently caress man, I eat better than emperors of old and that's wild to think about.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

bike tory posted:

We are often left emptier than when we began the night

Sounds to me like you didn't eat enough nachos.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

bike tory posted:

But the nature of human desire is such that this empty consumption doesn't satisfy us any more than it did the emperors of old. We are often left emptier than when we began the night, feeling less satisfied and certainly less well. This is because the endless pursuit of consumption can provide only temporary respite from the terrible march of time.

You're just depressed i fuckin love nachos and they make me happy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It’s because while I might eat nachos like a king of old, so can millions of other people and that’s not anywhere near as cool as if it were just me

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You can judge a person's heart of heart by their nacho philosophy. Someone who cites the availability of nachos for all to be a great success and source of joy for the world are pure souls, while someone who bemoans that since everyone has nachos they suck is a twisted anti social individual.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Data Graham posted:

It’s because while I might eat nachos like a king of old, so can millions of other people and that’s not anywhere near as cool as if it were just me

nominative determinism at work

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Relevant

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Goodpancakes posted:

I bet that dumbass Magellan thought he traveled some miles on a human scale. But if you laid out miles traveled stats against some middle manager million miler traveling for work at a job he hates it would blow his zombie mind right out of his skeleton

I knew a FedEx driver that did a high-mileage route for decades in the same Chevy van, fixing it himself when need be. He had 1.35 million miles on that van.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This overlooks the endorphin rush from power. The difference between your party and the emperor's is that he can order anything that comes to mind and expect it to be done. A minor lord from medieval europe could probably get away with more depravity than a world leader or billionaire today.

Nah.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ea-Nasir shits in a trench with running water thanks to his crooked copper grift, perhaps I can attach myself to his provincial governorship campaign so my family might too experience the joy of the rear end sponge

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I eat nachos, a global fusion food phenomenon, until the greasy cheese makes my stools loose. Then I use paper, a luxuriant material of rich academicians and clerks, to clean my rear end in a top hat until the grease is wiped off and contain the whole mess in a basin of the freshest, cleanest water available to man. I hit a lever and the now fouled water is simply dumped into a cistern for the gman to worry about. I am a god.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Some of the most mundane stuff would be mindblowing to premodern dirt farmers.

sits in hot tub, drinking distilled alcohol from a glass with ice, tropical fruit juice, and a tiny umbrella

“Now let’s go look at that pineapple that I’m growing under an artificial Sun.”

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Wait what? What's the back story here about the green M&M and child slavery?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mars, Nestlé and Hershey to face child slavery lawsuit in US

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Wait what? What's the back story here about the green M&M and child slavery?

hersey uses child labor in africa and is basically the dutch in terms of africa relations. mm is owned by hershey and mm is astroturfing that the green mm is less sexy to try to distract from the lawsuit going down against them

and by hersey its basically all chocolate companies.

V who ever collected hands

snergle has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Jan 23, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Dutch, or the Belgians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Uhh I thought m&ms was mars