Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm fine with the fan fiction father because I legit thought when she said "Your father is coming to get you, and there's nothing you can do to stop him!" they were trying to set up Sylar as the dad and that sleeping horse needs to lie there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Medullah posted:

I'm fine with the fan fiction father because I legit thought when she said "Your father is coming to get you, and there's nothing you can do to stop him!" they were trying to set up Sylar as the dad and that sleeping horse needs to lie there

That horse is pining for the fjords.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Tiggum posted:

OK, so he learns how to be in two places at the same time. Which he could already do because that's just basic time travel. "Even Hiro couldn't do that!" except yes he could, he did it all the time. And then he uses his power to be in two places at the same time to be in two times at the same time, which doesn't even mean anything. Two different times can't be happening simultaneously because that would make them the same time.

I think The writers are intending that from his perspective he was in two places at once, teleporting back and forth across time and space so rapidly that he was effectively two distinct individuals. Would have been impressive if he didn't already have the ability to stop time and do whatever he wanted anyway.

Even the bill and Ted thing never made much sense, because worst comes to worst, they could have just waited until the right time the next day, since the phone book specified the day. Everyone wants to write about time travel because it's fun, but hardly anyone can actually successfully white about it.

Stone cold Tommy/Nathan though. Is erasing someone from existence better or worse than murdering them? Evil woman having evil thing happen to her due to her own flaws was nice and poetic, but it required retroactively making Hiro a mass murderer. And Peter a regular murderer.

Lol at Angela and her de-aging , too. I still love that Parkman got the Newman treatment from jurassic Park, but without the dinosaurs.

What exactly was Erica's motive? Was she supposed to be like Ann Rand, picking only a few to rebuild the world for no loving reason?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mastajake posted:

What exactly was Erica's motive? Was she supposed to be like Ann Rand, picking only a few to rebuild the world for no loving reason?

She was raped by an evo, so she decided that all evos are evil, so she wants to kill them. Coincidentally, she finds out about this event that will wipe out humanity. She hears that these two evos can stop it, but she thinks evos are evil so she doesn't trust that at all and comes up with her own plan, which is to send as many people as possible to the future to avoid the disaster and rebuild. Because she hates evos she decides that only non-evos can be part of this future. Tangentially she stages a terrorist attack and blames evos for it, so that she has an excuse to round them up. Somehow she gets a bunch of evos to agree to this plan, including a guy who can literally read minds and should have known all along that she was going to betray him. I don't actually know what rounding up the evos was supposed to accomplish, since all she really needed was Hiro and kidnapping the others just made everything more complicated and made her look bad. I think it was just there to be a ham-fisted holocaust parallel.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
Her characterization is consistent if you consider that an evo had the power to save her father but instead extorted and raped her in exchange. She just didn't believe in relying on evos to save humanity and that their powers can be harvested and controlled for the benefit of man kind.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cute n Popular posted:

Her characterization is consistent if you consider that an evo had the power to save her father but instead extorted and raped her in exchange. She just didn't believe in relying on evos to save humanity and that their powers can be harvested and controlled for the benefit of man kind.

Sure, but her two plans don't actually fit together. Was the kidnapping evos thing supposed to be just a front for her real operation? If so, it's a really dumb one.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So did Sylar, Clare's adopted mum or Ali Larter appear? Most importantly, did Mr Muggles turn up?

I kinda gave up after episode 2/3 but my partner kept watching another 6 episodes.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Tiggum posted:

She was raped by an evo, so she decided that all evos are evil, so she wants to kill them.

Well, coerced into having sex, which is pretty awful, but not quite the same thing as rape ("I'll let your dad die if you don't have sex with me") but yes clearly the whole human race has to die in such a case.

Tiggum posted:

I don't actually know what rounding up the evos was supposed to accomplish, since all she really needed was Hiro and kidnapping the others just made everything more complicated and made her look bad.

She literally plugs them into equipment and uses them to power things in the 12,000 person colony, which was kind of a neat idea I suppose but it was so superficial (everyone is plugged into the same bland chair and some TECH gobbledegook slapped over it)

ps: she actually doesn't try to send very many people, her underling scientist Dr Not-Mengele complains that 12,000 is too few but that's all the people that are on Erica's precious list. Since Tommy pops everyone into the future in one effortless poof it's not like he couldn't have transported more.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 25, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Andrew_1985 posted:

So did Sylar, Clare's adopted mum or Ali Larter appear? Most importantly, did Mr Muggles turn up?

I kinda gave up after episode 2/3 but my partner kept watching another 6 episodes.

no, no, no and no.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Well, coerced into having sex, which is pretty awful, but not quite the same thing as rape ("I'll let your dad die if you don't have sex with me")

The gently caress?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

Well, coerced into having sex, which is pretty awful, but not quite the same thing as rape ("I'll let your dad die if you don't have sex with me") but yes clearly the whole human race has to die in such a case.

:stare:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Yeah, it's 100% rape.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

:can:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Medullah posted:

Wait who is the Hammer, because didn't Mama P say "Oh yeah Tommy your name is actually Nathan after your father...."
Is the Hammer Nathan P?

Why was this show so loving convoluted?!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Nathan is his grandfather. Even if the Hammer was Nathan, none of this, fortunately, will ever matter again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Argue posted:

Nathan is his grandfather. Even if the Hammer was Nathan, none of this, fortunately, will ever matter again!

Yeah, and little Nate got his uncle's power siphoning abilities, which is why Claire lost her healing ability during the birth and Hiro lost his time travel ability.

• Locked thread