Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

I dunno I thought this was at least marginally directed well enough to not be distracting .

He broke a toilet by sitting on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Kevin Smith directs the way film students think that they'd like to direct. That's about it. He's kind of a lovely director and the only reason he hasn't faded into obscurity is because he won't shut the gently caress up about how Kevin Smith he is.

I thought it was a good episode and Flash was good to. He obviously has a love for DC characters though.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

"Hey, Agent Schott! You're clearly traumatized from a recent violent experience. I know you don't have any combat training, but come on this field mission with us so I can leave you to defend our extraction point by yourself."

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Yeah, that confused me to.

I understand the whole "let's bring the tech-guy along to make sure we can get back." But I don't really understand why she didn't leave someone to guard him.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
"Oh.. dibs!" Had me rolling.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

"Oh.. dibs!" Had me rolling.

It was pretty cool! I hope Alex keeps the alien gun. In fact, it'd be nice if the DEO had more and more sci-fi weapons rather than look like any other type of SWAT team.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Also this episode made me want to go back and re-watch Stargate SG:1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Moon Slayer posted:

Also this episode made me want to go back and re-watch Stargate SG:1.

A good plan.

Stop after season 5.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Counterpoint: Ba'al

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

howe_sam posted:

That was the writers' doing. Smith's lone contribution to the script was tossing Chris Wood the line "Start the car!"

You realize that the writers, show runners, and episode directors on a show have conversations and input during the entire process, right?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Man a lot's going on.

Wynn enjoying this presentation too much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I kind of feel like they're overselling Livewire a touch.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Supergirl: Having a nemesis is stressful!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Yeah, she's never seemed like much of a credible threat. Though you could make that same claim about most of Supergirl's enemies.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
"We're the same you and I" cliche.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

what a twist!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Wynn you loving traitor.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This Martian subplot is pretty good.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

That is only true of scientists in comic books.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

That line might be the single dumbest line ever uttered on this show.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I hope Wynn gets fired.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Also "such a nasty woman."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

No don't sanction the stupidity Hank

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The audio on my CW died for a moment, did Kara just shoot down Mon-El?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mon-El is still amazing.

howe_sam posted:

The audio on my CW died for a moment, did Kara just shoot down Mon-El?

Yap. Kara shooting down every guy on the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mon-El is great even if his CW name isn't correct and doesn't make sense!

He should be Lar Gand drat it!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I hope Mon El dies.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

nooneofconsequence posted:

I hope Mon El dies.

I tend to agree

So he can get sent to the Phantom Zone and lead to the Legion of Super-Heroes

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Mon-El is still amazing.

Yap. Kara shooting down every guy on the show.

With all this poo poo going on, I don't blame her. Time to just focus on her relationship with ice cream.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Maxwell Lord posted:

With all this poo poo going on, I don't blame her. Time to just focus on her relationship with ice cream.

Ice Cream was with Maggie and Alex though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tavarin posted:

Ice Cream was with Maggie and Alex though.

THAT MEANT NOTHING

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's Ice Cream's sister, Vegan Ice Cream.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm not looking forward to Mon-el telling her he's the prince and her being mad about it for longer than it takes for him to explain why he's keeping that a secret.

Why is he keeping that a secret?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Tree Dude posted:

I'm not looking forward to Mon-el telling her he's the prince and her being mad about it for longer than it takes for him to explain why he's keeping that a secret.

Why is he keeping that a secret?

It's the CW. You keep secrets until someone ~falls in love~ with you then you tell them and they get mad at you for a couple episodes and then you're back together or you die.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

howe_sam posted:

I kind of feel like they're overselling Livewire a touch.
I looked at it as "this is what happens when your viewers may have started watching because they heard about Alex and Maggie and decided to skip season 1."

It's the CW. You keep secrets until someone ~falls in love~ with you then you tell them and they get mad at you for a couple episodes and then you're back together or you die.
I don't know whether Alex and Maggie managed to overcome the CW cycle yet or whether Maggie's supposed to have a reveal of her own later.

No don't sanction the stupidity Hank
Or at the very least get Winn making Guardian armors for the rest of the DEO that look different enough for Maggie to not recognize them and thus not demand them for NCPD as well!

Come to think of it, Alex didn't even demand to supervise James/Winn in return for keeping their secret back since "The Darkest Place"...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wish Mon-El was Sodom Yat. Dammit, I will not rest until Green Lantern stuff is in this show.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Man, I thought this episode was way, way better than last week's. Not that last week's was particularly sub-par or anything but this one really evoked a lot of my favorite types of moments from season 1.

James' rationales are still pretty dumb, which makes me really really glad that the episode didn't end with Kara going "Lol wow you really should do this, I now see the error of my ways because of the power of friendship or something :downs:." I really like that she refused to endorse this situation by working alongside them. I would've liked it more if she had outright stopped him by, like, throwing that suit into a volcano or something...but I am kind of resigned to the fact that they're gonna force this plot through for the long haul.

Mon-El is great.

Next week looks awesome, too.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I know this will never happen, but I'd dearly love an episode that was built around Kara being a reporter. Like she uncovers that LexCorp is polluting the river or corruption at city hall. It'd be a nice change of pace and help sell the "I'm a reporter now!" arc

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Anybody else thinks she spends too much time wearing the suit? During the scene when she and Mon-el were training at DEO and he was in street clothes she didn't need to be rocking the suit. She at least needs another slightly more casual suit for hanging at the DEO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tree Dude posted:

Anybody else thinks she spends too much time wearing the suit? During the scene when she and Mon-el were training at DEO and he was in street clothes she didn't need to be rocking the suit. She at least needs another slightly more casual suit for hanging at the DEO.

That's not a bad idea.

Has anyone else noticed how vague they are about Mon's powers? Like, what can he actually do?