Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Your avatar reminds me of FF7 Cid and now that I've made that connection I hope that's exactly what he looks and sounds like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Still want Aeristh to talk like she's from the Bronx.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Elephant Ambush posted:

Still want Aeristh to talk like she's from the Bronx.

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still Yuffie from the block

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Elephant Ambush posted:

Your avatar reminds me of FF7 Cid and now that I've made that connection I hope that's exactly what he looks and sounds like.

I have this assistant, Shera. I get no respect from her, let me tell ya. I saved her life a few years ago and when I tell her to make my guests some & #@/& tea they say that I'M the & @+*#.

(i also just read that old man Cid who I also figured was late 40s or so is a year younger than me at 32, lmao at Japanese age perception)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Son of Rodney posted:

I have this assistant, Shera. I get no respect from her, let me tell ya. I saved her life a few years ago and when I tell her to make my guests some & #@/& tea they say that I'M the & @+*#.

(i also just read that old man Cid who I also figured was late 40s or so is a year younger than me at 32, lmao at Japanese age perception)

Cid's final Limit Break needs to be the Triple Lindy dive from the end of Back to School

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vichan posted:

I already hate that character and I can't explain why. Ugh.

He looks like the most anime character ever and he is in front of Cloud.

The guy holding a firearm at the back doesn't help his case much.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Elentor posted:

He looks like the most anime character ever and he is in front of Cloud.

The guy holding a firearm at the back doesn't help his case much.

I think I'm annoyed because it looks like useless filler. If the quest(s) actually end up fleshing out the world/universe/story at all then they'll be worth it. If it's just fetch quests or hunts for dumpy rewards then it's gonna suck. That's honestly my worst fear about this game. I really don't want all the new content to be useless padding just so they can say there's X number of hours of gameplay on the back of the box.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Have we seen anything in regards to Chocobos? I wouldn't be surprised if there was some chocobo racing based gambling around the wall market sector 6 stuff.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Sneak Lemming posted:

Have we seen anything in regards to Chocobos? I wouldn't be surprised if there was some chocobo racing based gambling around the wall market sector 6 stuff.

or a half-breed human/chocobo lady that needs you to retrieve an item for her in exchange for 5 phoenix downs and a 0.1% completion increase.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

TommyGun85 posted:

or a half-breed human/chocobo lady that needs you to retrieve an item for her in exchange for 5 phoenix downs and a 0.1% completion increase.

Choco-boco-lina!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sneak Lemming posted:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
replaying the early parts of FF7 has me wondering what they're going to do with the shinra tower

each floor of the original dungeon was more of a little diorama than a fully-realized environment, and even though they were compressed, several of them were still basically filler - remember the vending machine puzzle floor and that inexplicable midgar-model one with all the locked chests? any third-person take on this place would have to be completely different, except maybe for the STAIRS

also liking how hojo's introduction to the party consists of an irritated "i'm trying to work here, do you mind"

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I could see them turning the floors of Shinra’s headquarters that you don’t got to when rescuing Aerith into a post game bonus dungeon.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
I wonder if they'll even give you the choice between sneaking in the side or busting in the front?

either way they should keep this thing:

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Oxxidation posted:

replaying the early parts of FF7 has me wondering what they're going to do with the shinra tower

Bear in mind that for the ps1 game the pacing made sense for there to be lots of minigames and bonus floors in shinra HQ because you went from; Don Corneo's sewers to fighting on the pillar, then immediately climb to the shinra hq. There's little in the way of a rest period between the wall market and shinra hq. It's likely that since the remake will flesh out everything and add new content, probably change old stuff, that getting from the fighting on the pillar with the turks and getting to the upper floors of shinra HQ could be hours apart.

I'm really curious how they handle the prison scenes, since we won't be topdown, I'm just wondering what it might look like.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

I wonder if they'll even give you the choice between sneaking in the side or busting in the front?

There's a scene in the trailer of them going up the stairs so definitely.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

RatHat posted:

There's a scene in the trailer of them going up the stairs so definitely.

Complete with an indicator that shows you on what floor everyone is.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/EiffelArt/status/1232747610924032000

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wow I can't believe this releases in less than a week, so hyped,

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Terper posted:

Wait what? How'd I miss that part?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Terper posted:

Bad news buddy...

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I thought it was out on April 10.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

barret with eyelashes owns, thank you

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah I'm making a jolly

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BC1jnm0uaA

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/Butterfinger/status/1232745525876645888

Butterfinger giving away DLC gear

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently Baby Ruth and Crunch bars are doing the same thing. If the DLC is a sword for Cloud that’s a giant candy bar I’d totally be up for it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
materia is candy it's canon now

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Gutted there wont be gold saucer in Part 1

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Luna Was Here posted:

you have to go into the fuckin official rules to see what you even get from this

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So that candy bar thing just seem like slightly earlier access to regular items you could get through normal gameplay anyway right? I guess if you buy a lot of butterfingers anyway it's neat, but otherwise that looks pretty lame for what ends up being like $15-20 worth of candy.

Also lol at the ones that have a limited stock of 25,000, those are going to be gone within like 10 minutes.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So that candy bar thing just seem like slightly earlier access to regular items you could get through normal gameplay anyway right? I guess if you buy a lot of butterfingers anyway it's neat, but otherwise that looks pretty lame for what ends up being like $15-20 worth of candy.

Also lol at the ones that have a limited stock of 25,000, those are going to be gone within like 10 minutes.

With an ARV for $2 they look like microtransaction items to me. How the game handles buyable/earnable/cosmetic we'll see, unless I missed a statement somewhere.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I posted this in the GBS thread as well.

These Chadley quests are bullshit.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

LadyPictureShow posted:

I posted this in the GBS thread as well.

These Chadley quests are bullshit.

"It's fer the sake of the planet, Cloud! Now quit yer @%!$# and break me offa piece of that Kit-Kat bar! An' grab a Snickers for Marlene! She's not herself when she's hungry! ...@%#$!"

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 27, 2020

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Nobody Better Lay a Finger on my Buster Sword (tm)

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Are those really limited supply microtransactions in a single player game? :stare:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
lol @ Butterfinger's 300 twitter followers.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TommyGun85 posted:

lol @ Butterfinger's 300 twitter followers.

You got it backwards. Butterfingers has 128k twitter followers. They're following 365

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Macaluso posted:

You got it backwards. Butterfingers has 128k twitter followers. They're following 365

my mistake, but that somehow feels even worse that 128k people would follow a candy bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
https://twitter.com/TheJayOfSpade/status/1233263178076872704