Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I need to stop posting through migraines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Jfc someone in that papi stream unironically said "the friends we made along the way"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I've never played EVE but lmao at all of this

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Jfc someone in that papi stream unironically said "the friends we made along the way"

and someone else tells him to stop talking and let others speak because everyone is so angry lol

well played, goons

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

gently caress them. I'm from GBS and I say KILL EM ALL

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I can't tell if the guy who says something to effect of "we pushed goons back to one constellation, something nobody has done before" is trolling or is just that unaware of the game's history.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Bad Purchase posted:

I can't tell if the guy who says something to effect of "we pushed goons back to one constellation, something nobody has done before" is trolling or is just that unaware of the game's history.

I'm going to say not a troll, based on this being a papi stream , lack of correction, and my completely unfounded reasoning.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Rutibex posted:

likely yes, they will want to get in on the ground floor of the great crusade spoils

Dalael posted:

Keep an eye on FYAD to find out

So are they supposed to come into gbs or fyad for j4g? Because they are sprouting in gbs right now.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

So are they supposed to come into gbs or fyad for j4g? Because they are sprouting in gbs right now.

i saw someone point one of them toward fyad which was pretty funny

i still have no loving clue whats going on and have never touched eve

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

hbag posted:

i still have no loving clue whats going on and have never touched eve

Same, my goon. This helped me a ton:

Fur20 posted:

ok this is my armchair general level understanding of it:

TEST and PAPI are allied together against goonswarm in a war of extermination. their leadership is small group of large clans, and they're backed up by a bunch of smaller players as well. they've been pushing out methodically, taking goon territory effectively but slowly.

in a screenshot, this looks dangerous. in reality, due to changes to the game's economy, holding physical territory in this space isn't lucrative; but it WAS once, when goons originally conquered it. so their losses in territory were great, but their losses in productivity were minimal.

meanwhile, slow and steady is good for advancing your position but bad for morale. the players who were there to fight and scuttle goons, weren't getting to play the game the way they wanted to. they would capture a deliberately-undefended station and sit on it for OVER A MONTH so they could claim it, and push out to the next tile and do the same waiting game all over again; but in reality they wanted epic space battles where both sides experience hundreds of billions of spacedollars in losses.

this brings us back to the economy changes: now that holding territory doesn't produce sufficient returns, the members of the anti-goon alliance are no longer willing to sacrifice their expensive capital ships. the alliance is beginning to wonder what the political landscape will be like once this war is finished. will the players who suffered the greatest losses, be destroyed and absorbed into the larger clans? when they lose ships, will they have the funds to replenish their fleet for their own wars later on? you see groups with rivalries from before the alliance that don't want to sacrifice more ships than their regional enemies. the alliance becomes a question of, when the goons are gone, who is going to carve up whom?

some members withdraw. many stay.

despite these substantial losses in territory, goons do as they always have and are minmaxing their ability to gather resources under the new meta because there is no alliance, there are no rivalries, there is only The Imperium. but at last, the TEST-PAPI alliance had reached the doorstep of the heart of goon territory: they prepared for a major coordinated assault on The Delve, a storied and historical goon fortress. they developed loadout blueprints for ships, formulated various tactical maneuvers, and planned to make EVE history.

days before the attack is set to take place, goonswarm spies indicate that TEST-PAPI leadership means to secretly evacuate themselves from the territory. it seems that they have decided the price of their flagships is too high, and quietly begin to withdraw. over the next few days, the order to fall back was released to select members of the alliance, and was only indicated to some lesser clans hours before the planned attack, if ever. more than half the attacking force had gotten the order to escape.

the battle started just as the alliance had decided, and just as goons had predicted; the enemy was obliterated as they approached. by the time goons had claimed their decisive victory, the smaller members of the alliance who had been uninformed of the retreat order realized that they had just now been used as meat shields to buy time for the leaders of the alliance to save their most expensive ships.

apparently, over the weekend, goons had contacted these members of the alliance and told them that their leadership was using them to evacuate. not a one of them listened.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Erulisse posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/ccp

CCP themselves are streaming The Heart of Delve, our main Keepstar called "1st Imperial Palace"

OK but what's
1) CCP
2) The Heart of Delve
3) Keepstar
4) 1st Imperial Palace

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

OK but what's
1) CCP
The Chinese Communist Party

quote:

2) The Heart of Delve
A miserable pile if secrets.

quote:

3) Keepstar
An old webcomics hosting site.

quote:

4) 1st Imperial Palace
The setting for an EU Star Wars novel.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

The Lone Badger posted:

that pretty accurately sums things up

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

The Lone Badger posted:

Thank you, now I understand

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

OK but what's
1) CCP
2) The Heart of Delve
3) Keepstar
4) 1st Imperial Palace

CCP I think are the people who make the game
Delve is the last bit of territory goons held
Keepstar is some kind of space station that you need to control to hold territory(?)
1st Imperial Palace is what they're calling the keepstar because they're the Imperium.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

OK but what's
1) CCP
2) The Heart of Delve
3) Keepstar
4) 1st Imperial Palace

CCP are the developers of EVE Online
"Delve" is the home region of Goons, and our palace (see below) lies in the center. Kind of.
A Keepstar is the largest class of space station in the game, and can hold the most people and the biggest ships
the 1st Imperial Palace is the name of the Keepstar in the Heart of Delve

edit: beaten like our enemies

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fur20 posted:

to all goons who have no idea what's going on like me, i think this audio capture of anti-goon alliance members sums it up quite well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSh-AZpWtzc&t=1686s

"we didn't ride or die or go to valhalla or anything we just fuckin gave up"

rip noble spy, noble devil

I like the part where they try to console themselves that they did more than anyone thought they could and destroyed most of goon sov so it's a technical win. Goons have been 'beaten' way worse than this in the past though.

There have been a few big losses, but the one I was there for was Kartoon's big sov drop. Between the time Delve was lost and when french bros stepped in and gifted Delekin things were much worse than they seem to be now. I remember driving around Syndicate in my poorly fit frigate to light beacons so a guy in a carrier could jump to ancient abandoned newbie frigate caches and ferry them to our new home system, because for a little while in Syndicate we simply didn't have the ability to manufacture or import newbie frigates. Lot of sad or bitter goons in those days.

Compared to some of goon's big losses, sitting pretty in an unassailable citadel in the core of Delve seems pretty great. Probably sucks for people who liked ratting, mining, or PI though.

Bad Purchase posted:

:hfive: Yeah, that's fantastic.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

The Lone Badger posted:

This is just glorious

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKiBbuP6ks

We fired our guns and them Papi kept a-comin'
There wasn't as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began to runnin'
Runnin' down back to Jita where them carebears oughta go

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Lol, papi's blunder is worse than remedial stealing from goons.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Poopi

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kharnifex posted:

Lol, papi's blunder is worse than remedial stealing from goons.

their first blunder was bringing tons of content to the doorstep of goons, in a game where you win by making you opponent bored

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It was a lame victory by goons and a lame defeat by whoever those guys were

TBH

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We could have won this war months earlier if we had had this powerful pun

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

It was a lame victory by goons and a lame defeat by whoever those guys were

TBH

yeah the good victories are at the beginning of the thread. this was the final wet fart of poopi, not impressive at all

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Unless the goons prepare a counteroffensive and start picking off all the smaller guys who scoffed at the goons ability to outnerd everyone

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006