Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

2DCAT posted:

One of my all-time favorite movie quotes.

Be right there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

IUG posted:

Be right there!

Hey, IUG. Be right there!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gavok posted:

Hey, IUG. Be right there!

You're late Gavok. Be right there!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

CrashCat posted:

But seeing Jack and the Beanstalk just makes me wish for Jack The Giant Killer.

SEIZE THE BONE

Can't you be serious for one minute? HERLA THE WIZARD IS DEAD! :mad:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vicissitude posted:

Can't you be serious for one minute? HERLA THE WIZARD IS DEAD! :mad:

NOOOOOOOOOO!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
On one hand, this is a video game playthrough, and not a movie, so I really shouldn't put this on my Rifftrax wishlist.

On the other, Animal Soccer World appears to have barely any game mechanics in it, and it makes Fun in Balloonland look like Point of Order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4sMwSWoSJY

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The mothera codes still work.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

On one hand, this is a video game playthrough, and not a movie, so I really shouldn't put this on my Rifftrax wishlist.

On the other, Animal Soccer World appears to have barely any game mechanics in it, and it makes Fun in Balloonland look like Point of Order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4sMwSWoSJY

I love everything from Dingo Pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um-grCTAFzg

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

The mothera codes still work.

They are good until Sept 9

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

the sudden use of a midi of Hip To Be Square really makes it pop

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I used both the Mothra code and the Labor day weekend code last night, and they both worked on the same order.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So in the Film Crew episode Killers From Space Mike says that the extreme close ups of expressionless faces was an actual film technique called a "Robeche" but I can't find any reference to it (probably because it's French so I'm spelling it wrong).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SirPhoebos posted:

So in the Film Crew episode Killers From Space Mike says that the extreme close ups of expressionless faces was an actual film technique called a "Robeche" but I can't find any reference to it (probably because it's French so I'm spelling it wrong).
Maybe a dig at Rob Halford?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Was the film crew hollywood movie worth picking up?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

RandomPauI posted:

Was the film crew hollywood movie worth picking up?

You mean Hollywood After Dark? It's kind of like a Coleman Francis film but with stripping.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I bought my ticket for Carnival of Souls today. I love Rifftrax and support them as much as possible, but I really wish they'd stop double or even triple-dipping material.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I watched Carnival of Souls for the first time this weekend and it was actually pretty good. Can't wait to see it get the Rifftrax treatment!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Just watched Don't Get Angry this evening, who knew that jump rope or not being able to fly model planes would turn people into volcanoes of rage?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Every Child is Different is depressing. A girl raising her baby sister, a kid whose parents constantly fight and the mom takes it out on the daughter, other depressing stuff. And it's the teachers job to find this out so they'll know how to compensate for each individual childs abilities and difficulties!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mister Kingdom posted:

I bought my ticket for Carnival of Souls today. I love Rifftrax and support them as much as possible, but I really wish they'd stop double or even triple-dipping material.

While I agree with you, I do wish they'd do a Rifftrax Live of Roadhouse.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I want the I Believe in Santa Claus riff to hit the big screen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gavok posted:

While I agree with you, I do wish they'd do a Rifftrax Live of Roadhouse.

Speaking of Roadhouse, they just put out the new version with all three guys.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have advice for how to get the app to work? I have the movie running before starting the movie sync but that isn't working. I tried closing and restarting the app and that didn't help either. I have the movie volume on as loud as I can have it without being uncomfortably loud.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

muscles like this? posted:

Speaking of Roadhouse, they just put out the new version with all three guys.

Dang, I should have used my wish on No Holds Barred.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
So, uh, I watched Guy From Harlem for the first time

:stare:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So, uh, I watched Guy From Harlem for the first time

:stare:

So did you have any questions? Maybe TWO, JUST TWO QUESTIONS??

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

RandomPauI posted:

Does anyone have advice for how to get the app to work? I have the movie running before starting the movie sync but that isn't working. I tried closing and restarting the app and that didn't help either. I have the movie volume on as loud as I can have it without being uncomfortably loud.
I've found it needs about 30 seconds of clear dialogue before it starts playing. I just have the tv on a normal volume.

They need to add a way to start it manually so you don't miss the first five minutes of jokes. Also a less terrible interface.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's really bizarre that Road House isn't on Hulu or Netflix. Seems like the perfect movie for those services.

Edit: Found it on HBOGo/Now.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 11, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Oben posted:

I've found it needs about 30 seconds of clear dialogue before it starts playing. I just have the tv on a normal volume.

They need to add a way to start it manually so you don't miss the first five minutes of jokes. Also a less terrible interface.

30 seconds of clear dialogue? That rules out the first 30 minutes of Roadhouse then...

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I started the app when the UA logo came up, and after about a minute the riff started.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It didn't kick in for me at all. Not five minutes in, not skipping to Swayze talking to the bad guy at his house.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

After watching Roadhouse again I kind of wish the movie was starring Sam Elliot as Dalton. Swayze really comes off as kind of a poser who does what he does because he thinks it makes him look all cool and mysterious. While Sam Elliot just IS cool.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I ate a Harveys today.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So did you have any questions? Maybe TWO, JUST TWO QUESTIONS??

I gotta start planning out these sentences ALL THE WAY

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Jet Jaguar posted:

I gotta start planning out these sentences ALL THE WAY

I HOPE you can HELP ME control the VOLUME of my VOICE.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm watching No Retreat, No Surrender. The evil fat teenage rear end in a top hat looks like a familiar thing but I can't figure out how it actually became a thing. My gut feeling is that this is also around the time when movies embraced stereotypically black as a good thing instead of stereotypically black as a bad thing.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Rifftrax and Kino are doing another movie together, The Astro-Zombies. It was written and directed by Ted Mikels (The Girl in Gold Boots), and stars John Carradine (Red Zone Cuba) and Wendell Corey (Agent for HARM). It also has Tura Satana of Faster Pussycat fame.

Corey also played the drugged-up guy in Women of the Prehistoric Planet; The Astro-Zombies was made right before he died so I wonder what his performance is like. Just a few years before doing this he was President of the Motion Picture Academy.

Ted Mikels is still alive and has done severeal sequels to this movie, the most recent in 2012.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

What's a Kino?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Kino-Lorber is a DVD/Blu-Ray distribution outfit that mostly distributes catalog titles licensed from MGM on Blu-Ray. They've done some good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

RandomPauI posted:

I'm watching No Retreat, No Surrender. The evil fat teenage rear end in a top hat looks like a familiar thing but I can't figure out how it actually became a thing. My gut feeling is that this is also around the time when movies embraced stereotypically black as a good thing instead of stereotypically black as a bad thing.

the ice cream-thrusting-playground scene might be my favorite scene in all of cinema history.

• Locked thread