Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh for god's sake, really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok so that’s a twist I didn’t see coming. First because Cody wtf but second because Cody is absolutely going to murder Hijack instead of sparing him for taking over his friend.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Okay, so Cody is a vampire (half). Now who's the witch and who's his mom? And perhaps, do both questions have the same answer?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't believe we all came to the conclusion that he must be Davy Jones and yet nobody thought to connect that to Cody Jones

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Link the page :argh:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Of all the things I dislike about this chapter it’s Cody that pisses me off the most

He’s emblematic of the chapter as a whole, just getting more and more focus piled on top of him until he’s an indistinguishable pile of quirks

Him crushing on the vice principal’s nose was cute but holy gently caress enough is enough

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lol so that’s where he gets his “pleasant but also absolutely menacing” style from.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ok so that’s a twist I didn’t see coming. First because Cody wtf but second because Cody is absolutely going to murder Hijack instead of sparing him for taking over his friend.

Agreed 100% and it better be anime as gently caress.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Oxxidation posted:

Of all the things I dislike about this chapter it’s Cody that pisses me off the most

He’s emblematic of the chapter as a whole, just getting more and more focus piled on top of him until he’s an indistinguishable pile of quirks

Him crushing on the vice principal’s nose was cute but holy gently caress enough is enough

I partially agree with you here, I don't think Vampire Cody and the School Store are inherently bad, but they appear to me to be self perpetuating problem of Hijack arc is taking a long time, but Zach wants to move onto future plot/arcs that they've been sitting on for years so they've tried to frankenstein them in to the detriment of both aspects.

Ideally in my view we'd have Hijack Arc (with Dimetri reveal as it ties into the theme of the Activity Club being at risk of collapse) --> Short School Store "break" chapter ---> Next Chapter: I Can't Believe My Little Cody is Half-Vampiric.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
You people really haven't guessed who the witch is?

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-68

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

All I know is this means everyone is a drat dirty cheater in hitball.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Cody is a gay half vampire and a good boy.

Who else has a seemingly normal name? It seems like everyone's name is either a joke or a reveal now.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Hypocrisy posted:

All I know is this means everyone is a drat dirty cheater in hitball.

If you think using magical powers that threaten to kill half your classmates is cheating, you probably don't understand what hitball is all about.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, that actually explains a lot. Like why Cody accepted Max's explanation for Jeff's problems back at the store. Also,

Bleck posted:

I can't believe we all came to the conclusion that he must be Davy Jones and yet nobody thought to connect that to Cody Jones

Oh dammit, that's amazing/terrible.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Uh, is there a joke I am missing or is it just that they share surname?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
People were jokingly calling him "Davey Jones" as part of the "he's totally a pirate" thing. It was just indirectly revealed that that's his actual name.

He's totally a pirate.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The joke is that Parsons is being held hostage and if they advance the plot they will die.

Please for the love of God send them help!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm so excited for plot to progress next page with a splash panel of a middle schooler stone-cold murdering a three-year old.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Roland Jones posted:

People were jokingly calling him "Davey Jones" as part of the "he's totally a pirate" thing. It was just indirectly revealed that that's his actual name.

He's totally a pirate.

No I mean Cody Jones.

Why am I spoiling it anyways.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cody's surname is actually Teach and he came to school on the queen anne's revenge

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kyte posted:

No I mean Cody Jones.

He has his dad's last name. Davy Jones. Cody Jones. You're overthinking it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kyte posted:

No I mean Cody Jones.

Cody's last name is Jones. We know this already.

That guy's name is Davy. We were joking he would be Davy Jones. Nobody made the connection between Davy "His last name is totally going to be Jones" Jones and Cody "We know that his actual last name is Jones" Jones. We not-very-seriously berating ourselves for not catching on sooner.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Serge used Cody's full name during hitball, if I recall correctly. Also Jeff's. ("Jeffavorite Flavors", for the record.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Don't forget Ollie Oop and Johnny Jhonny.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I am genuinely impressed anyone remembered Cody's last name

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Today's update made me mad enough to go find this thread and post in it because this loving took three years to pay off:

Third panel.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh for gods sakes

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
here's the page where cody's last name is mentioned, i don't blame people for forgetting it because it's kind of glossed over

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Don't forget Ollie Oop and Johnny Jhonny.

It's pronounced "Juh-hawny"

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Tuxedo Ted posted:

It's pronounced "Juh-hawny"

That's how he said it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Splicer posted:

Cody's last name is Jones. We know this already.

That guy's name is Davy. We were joking he would be Davy Jones. Nobody made the connection between Davy "His last name is totally going to be Jones" Jones and Cody "We know that his actual last name is Jones" Jones. We not-very-seriously berating ourselves for not catching on sooner.

Wow I didn't even remember the Davy Jones bit was conjecture and not actually spelled out. Now everything makes sense.

Since President Ark linked hitball I started rereading and hey look it's not the first time Cody's eyes glow.

As an aside, Davy said "if the witch got her legs on this guy".

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yeah. I noticed the legs line too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I bet the witch is the spider that rescued Max from the train.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yah know I’m not too surprised. Maybe it’s the fact a long time ago Max asked Spender what would happen if people found out and he just shrugged. Also the fact that seeing ghosts isn’t really this big ol you are the chosen one thing type deal. Poor Hijack though.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd bet the vice principal still. I mean. The woman started going on about boiling Jeff in a stew and stuff, among other things. Also Zarei's encounter with her shows that there's likely something supernatural about her, in addition to her overall weirdness and malevolence.

After her, Hm. Well, if we try to divine meaning from single words or past things, my next two guesses would be Lisa (called a witch in the past) or Boss Leader (powerful, has dream powers and Davey said the witch would be "a nightmare" with emphasis), but I probably wouldn't bet on either. Also Lisa was in hitball, so she'd presumably already know about Hijack, but her comments towards the end of that implied she didn't see him while he was out, etc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

I'd bet the vice principal still. I mean. The woman started going on about boiling Jeff in a stew and stuff, among other things. Also Zarei's encounter with her shows that there's likely something supernatural about her, in addition to her overall weirdness and malevolence.

After her, Hm. Well, if we try to divine meaning from single words or past things, my next two guesses would be Lisa (called a witch in the past) or Boss Leader (powerful, has dream powers and Davey said the witch would be "a nightmare" with emphasis), but I probably wouldn't bet on either. Also Lisa was in hitball, so she'd presumably already know about Hijack, but her comments towards the end of that implied she didn't see him while he was out, etc.

Yeah she got bonked in the head while restraining him so she might've blanked on that one. http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-80

I'm loving these revelations though. Cody's a vampire, no wonder he's so got at Hitball and making friends, Davy Jones, Zarei's got history with the vice principal, Garcia's got spectral powers or something, crazy stuff just everywhere.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Cody may not be a vampire if his dad was vamped after he was born, just saying

I'm sure he will turn out to be, just stating a possibility

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he is at the least an Alucard for sure

Senojyvad???

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Ydoc, vampire child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah she got bonked in the head while restraining him so she might've blanked on that one. http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-80

I'm loving these revelations though. Cody's a vampire, no wonder he's so got at Hitball and making friends, Davy Jones, Zarei's got history with the vice principal, Garcia's got spectral powers or something, crazy stuff just everywhere.

Oh right, Hijack didn't get revealed until after that. My order of events got a bit mixed up somehow when I posted before. Yeah, I suppose she's still a suspect then, though the VP's definitely my main suspect still.