Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Stitch's Great Escape is now a meet and greet called Stitch's Alien Encounter (owns).

Ain't no Alien Encounter until I can get a photo with Skippy, though :colbert:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kinda dickish of them to do it without letting "fans" say goodbye.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's not certain they wont reopen the show during busy seasons.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Are there really fans of Stitch out there? Lilo and stitch is hands down my favorite movie but I really hate that ride.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I rode it once, as my friend is a huge Stitch fan and I wanted to see how much it sucked. It sucked, but she was happy.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

We rode it once at my husband's insistence. I think our youngest was around 3 and she got so scared I had to take her out. It was not an enjoyable experience.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I'm just now realizing I fly north to board the 10/21 Disney Magic sailing along the Canadian coast for the Marvel Day at Sea cruise.

So... mid-October Canadian weather. What do I do?

I live in Florida and don't own anything resembling cold weather gear, and have no clue what to account for.

E: Also, feel free to suggest a reasonable costume I could easily pack for Marvel Day!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

There are a couple of discounts live today.

Room only:
Up to 25% on rooms at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels for stays most nights Jan. 1 – April 14, 2018 when they book Oct. 3, 2017 – Jan. 2, 2018.
Up to 20% on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays most Sunday-Thursday nights Jan. 3 – Feb. 17, 2018 when they book Jan. 3 – Feb. 3, 2018.
Booking Window:
Save up to 25%: Oct. 3, 2017 - Jan. 2, 2018
Save up to 20%: Jan. 3 - Feb. 3, 2018
Travel Window:
Save up to 25%: Most nights Jan. 1 - April 14, 2018
Save up to 20%: Most Sunday-Thursday nights Jan. 3 - Feb. 17, 2018
Full List of Disney Resort Hotel Exclusions:
Campsites
3-bedroom villas
The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Room
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge – Cabins

Additionally, upgrade to a room and ticket package that includes a minimum 5-Day Theme Park ticket with the Park Hopper® Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, and get one more day added to the ticket, FREE*

Package discount:

Booking and Travel Windows:
Booking window: October 3, 2017 – January 2, 2018
Advertised travel window: most nights January 5 – February 15, 2018, February 25 – March 8, 2018 and April 8 – April 14, 2018
Full travel window: January 1 – April 14, 2018

So claim, there's a Stay/Play/Dine discount as well but I have to call it in as it isn't available in the online booking engine right now.

Goons, I have been checking for all of you and some I've been able to save some money for and others...not so much. I'm working on it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Figment pop vinyl is selling for like 80 :(

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Braksgirl posted:

There are a couple of discounts live today.

Room only:
Up to 25% on rooms at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels for stays most nights Jan. 1 – April 14, 2018 when they book Oct. 3, 2017 – Jan. 2, 2018.
Up to 20% on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays most Sunday-Thursday nights Jan. 3 – Feb. 17, 2018 when they book Jan. 3 – Feb. 3, 2018.
Booking Window:
Save up to 25%: Oct. 3, 2017 - Jan. 2, 2018
Save up to 20%: Jan. 3 - Feb. 3, 2018
Travel Window:
Save up to 25%: Most nights Jan. 1 - April 14, 2018
Save up to 20%: Most Sunday-Thursday nights Jan. 3 - Feb. 17, 2018
Full List of Disney Resort Hotel Exclusions:
Campsites
3-bedroom villas
The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Room
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge – Cabins

Additionally, upgrade to a room and ticket package that includes a minimum 5-Day Theme Park ticket with the Park Hopper® Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, and get one more day added to the ticket, FREE*

Package discount:

Booking and Travel Windows:
Booking window: October 3, 2017 – January 2, 2018
Advertised travel window: most nights January 5 – February 15, 2018, February 25 – March 8, 2018 and April 8 – April 14, 2018
Full travel window: January 1 – April 14, 2018

So claim, there's a Stay/Play/Dine discount as well but I have to call it in as it isn't available in the online booking engine right now.

Goons, I have been checking for all of you and some I've been able to save some money for and others...not so much. I'm working on it.

The Stay/Play/Dine is currently listed in the special deals specifically as 2 night, 3 day stays at all-star music for a family of 3, but once you select it you can see which resorts it's actually available for.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I'm gonna email you about another possible trip early next year. We had such a fun time and would love to go again if the price and timing work​ out.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

santanotreal posted:

The Stay/Play/Dine is currently listed in the special deals specifically as 2 night, 3 day stays at all-star music for a family of 3, but once you select it you can see which resorts it's actually available for.

It finally popped up online so it's now bookable for me. They always get it working on the consumer side before they do on the "valued travel partner" side. Of course.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Less than a week to go until a 10 night stay at French Quarter and I cant wait :toot:

I've got plans to go to Boardwalk and Universal City Walk on a couple of nights. Are there any other good night spots that I shouldn't miss? At the moment I'll google International Drive and see what I can find but the locals usually know where's best :)

Thanks for your help.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The Stitch ride was bad because of the part where he burps and you can smell the burp

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Biggz posted:

Less than a week to go until a 10 night stay at French Quarter and I cant wait :toot:

I've got plans to go to Boardwalk and Universal City Walk on a couple of nights. Are there any other good night spots that I shouldn't miss? At the moment I'll google International Drive and see what I can find but the locals usually know where's best :)

Thanks for your help.

If you're into escape rooms, you can visit The Escape Game and Lockbusters in the International Drive area for some really high quality ones. There's also some good restaurants down there like Nile and Cafe Tu Tu Tango.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Empress Brosephine posted:

Figment pop vinyl is selling for like 80 :(

If you really want one, buy it for that before it goes up higher. They're presumably not making any more.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Doronin posted:

I'm just now realizing I fly north to board the 10/21 Disney Magic sailing along the Canadian coast for the Marvel Day at Sea cruise.

So... mid-October Canadian weather. What do I do?

I live in Florida and don't own anything resembling cold weather gear, and have no clue what to account for.

E: Also, feel free to suggest a reasonable costume I could easily pack for Marvel Day!

Mid-October, I may only live in the Plains in the middle of the country, but I would prepare for cold. From what I hear, the east coast can get the worst of it, especially in December and January. October shouldn't be the worst, but I would prepare both a really warm sweatshirt at best, a waterproof winter jacket is more likely, and use both at the very worst. Chances are snow will land by the time you get there, so some waterproof shoes would be a good idea, with boots being better.

That said, I could be speaking out of my rear end completely. I don't know what Halifax is like any time of the year. According to records it's been about 47 yankee degrees last year, with humidity in excess of 70% and varying winds of low to high. It might not be that bad, but I would prepare for the worst (yet survivable) weather.

As for costume, may I reccomend Jose Cuervo Iron Man or Sharpied Green Body Suit Hulk?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Don't get rowdy at Food and Wine. Especially if you are famous.

http://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/915295487368065026

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Zero One posted:

Don't get rowdy at Food and Wine. Especially if you are famous.

http://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/915295487368065026

I mean, they must have been off the walls rowdy because my wife and I go to food and wine at least 6-10 times a year and see all kind of rowdy drunk people walking around. I'd love to see video of this group just to see how crazy they were being. I guess a large group of drunk rowdy people is more noticeable than a random couple here and there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mattfl posted:

I mean, they must have been off the walls rowdy because my wife and I go to food and wine at least 6-10 times a year and see all kind of rowdy drunk people walking around. I'd love to see video of this group just to see how crazy they were being. I guess a large group of drunk rowdy people is more noticeable than a random couple here and there.

It's loving expensive to get trashed until you're thrown out, too. I'm not a lightweight by any means, but I'd probably need to spend over $100 on booze there to get wasted to the point where I can't function.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yeah I fully intended to get wasted at the food and wine festival but really all I did was challenge myself to maintain a slight buzz because the portions were so small.

In retrospect it's probably better that way.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Renegret posted:

Yeah I fully intended to get wasted at the food and wine festival but really all I did was challenge myself to maintain a slight buzz because the portions were so small.

In retrospect it's probably better that way.

The only way you could get wasted is if you're smashing tequila at la cava. Which we did. IMO some of the best prices at Epcot are inside la cava, but mostly if you know what to look for. There are some very excellent mezcals and tequilas that go for under what I've normally seen.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Mid-October, I may only live in the Plains in the middle of the country, but I would prepare for cold. From what I hear, the east coast can get the worst of it, especially in December and January. October shouldn't be the worst, but I would prepare both a really warm sweatshirt at best, a waterproof winter jacket is more likely, and use both at the very worst. Chances are snow will land by the time you get there, so some waterproof shoes would be a good idea, with boots being better.

That said, I could be speaking out of my rear end completely. I don't know what Halifax is like any time of the year. According to records it's been about 47 yankee degrees last year, with humidity in excess of 70% and varying winds of low to high. It might not be that bad, but I would prepare for the worst (yet survivable) weather.

As for costume, may I reccomend Jose Cuervo Iron Man or Sharpied Green Body Suit Hulk?

This is great, and very helpful. Thank you!

And Cuervo Iron Man might be the clubhouse leader. Love that

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I heard there was a lot of "don't you know who I am" going on that contributed to them being bounced

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Empress Brosephine posted:

I heard there was a lot of "don't you know who I am" going on that contributed to them being bounced

awww, that's adorable. They think americans care about soccer!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Fejsze posted:

awww, that's adorable. They think americans care about soccer!

They play for Orlando's pro team. The US women's team has won the World Cup 3 times, including the last time it was held

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

ElwoodCuse posted:

They play for Orlando's pro team. The US women's team has won the World Cup 3 times, including the last time it was held

awww, that's adorable. You think americans care about soccer!

But seriously even in the Orlando press the story had been "Alex Morgan and others" kicked out. She is the only one even locals know by name. The rest of the City people there were not the team stars.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Guys it's okay she knows the local SWAT team

https://deadspin.com/cops-belligerent-alex-morgan-causes-scene-at-disney-wo-1819150793

Also it apparently all went down at the Rose and Crown showing that some stereotypes are unavoidable

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

tomapot posted:

I'm all packed up from my conference and I'm going to make a Pandora run. Figuring if I'm there for road drop I can hit the Banshee ride and maybe see a few things in the hour and a half window before I have to head for the airport.

Edit: and Pandora is down, not opening, no time yet.

Edit2: I bailed.

Unexpected quick turn around, I'll be back down to WDW in two weeks and going to try to hit Pandora again. This time at least it is normal working days and not the conference so I can try to visit it after work.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Mickey's Halloween Party photo dump time. Best one yet! The weather was very mild and the rain held off until 11:30. Candy was excellent and crowd was light. They've really increased the moodiness of the park with tons of fog machines everywhere and event specific lighting (and of course the awesome soundtrack playing park wide). We went back the next night and it was incredible the difference the lighting and fog makes, though the fall decorations are great in their own right. We did everything in the park (2 or 3 times for our favorites) except Mine Train and Splash (it's being refurbed). Sanderson Sisters are probably the best performers at Disney, really great stuff. Crowd costumes were a little disappointing this year, we normally see a lot of really incredible ones. Best we saw this year was a great Heihei. Also, I don't get adults who go all out to dress as a non-Disney character for Mickey's Halloween party.

Click to enlarge

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 5, 2017

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
Wow, that picture of y'all riding BTMR is crazy good.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
How does Caribbean Beach compare to Coronado Springs?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The Halloween party was incredible and the Monster's Inc. laugh floor is extra super good during it because they rag on people's costumes.

When I went the other week, my friend's kids went dressed as Mike and Sully and the whole thing was a riot.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
my girlfriend and I went as -that- couple as Lady and the Tramp.

We were the only Lady and the Tramps there :smug:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I too max out my score on buzz lightyear every time and not tell my wife the secret high score spots just to drive her insane.
Always makes for fun betting my brother I can get a higher score than him.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

santanotreal posted:

How does Caribbean Beach compare to Coronado Springs?
Coronado Springs feels busier and more crowded to me. I don't know if it's the layout, or just that it's a convention hotel. The pool is really neat, and I like the cafeteria-style quick service food area in the main building.

Caribbean Beach feels more open and laid back. The rooms and grounds can seem a little run down and outdated, but I think some areas have been refurbished since I last stayed there. You can watch the Epcot fireworks from a hammock on the beach, which is kind of nice.

The bus routes for Coronado (especially time spent traversing the property) seemed shorter than Caribbean, but it's probably affected a lot by which area your room is in.

If I had to return to one of the two, I'd probably go Caribbean, just for the atmosphere. They're both fine though.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Also, I don't get adults who go all out to dress as a non-Disney character for Mickey's Halloween party.

Every time I get dolled up for MNSSHP I feel like I'm going to a cult gathering with almost everyone going Disney costume. Was going to go with a group this time as The Three Caballeros, but we feared Donald would, then did drop out. We pondered if we should still go as that and asking people around us "Where is Donald/Donde esta Donald?"

Also this is the most creative costume I've seen for this year's so far:
https://twitter.com/Disn3yDude/status/914627940981370881

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That's a great one! We already decided to do Tamatoa and Te Fiti next year. That'll be a fun one to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Bottom Liner, you and your lady are adorable! I would love to dress up as a Star Wars character but none of my family is into it. :colbert: