Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

So have there actually been any alliance updates for Goonswarm or whatever recently? All things considered, and only going from what I can see in this thread, ~the directorate~ has been p quiet lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

feedmegin posted:

So have there actually been any alliance updates for Goonswarm or whatever recently? All things considered, and only going from what I can see in this thread, ~the directorate~ has been p quiet lately.

yep, updates happened last saturday and sunday

also elysium has daily rabble with direkkktors

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Its coming up to fanfest so things generally quiet down during these big official meet ups. Other than that not much has really changed on the surface to probably warrant an alliance up date this soon that is not covered in meta show or fireside chats

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Stevefin posted:

Its coming up to fanfest so things generally quiet down during these big official meet ups. Other than that not much has really changed on the surface to probably warrant an alliance up date this soon that is not covered in meta show or fireside chats

The last meta show with digi was fantastic.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its also more like 30-35 people (for each individual practice) to do regular purely inhouse practices once you get into having multiple teams with alternates for various setups. And it takes away highly skilled FCs due to the time requirements. And this is just the practices themselves, not the logistics involved in getting the practices set up if CCP doesn't do password secured practice systems with fully stocked markets like they did the one year and doesn't include the spying on enemy teams practicing type stuff that goes on. Its a pretty big investment to do AT stuff like the top teams. As fun as it is to compete, I'm kinda glad groon has no plans to do it this year. :toot:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

abigserve posted:

But really you guys should all bail on nullsec, pick a big wormhole corp like HK and roll em, become the kings of wormhole space.

There is no way in hell that GSF at this point could evict HK.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

abigserve posted:

Yeah but wormhole mechanics completely fucks any large scale retaliation and it also eliminates supers from the equation.

It would require a lot of work in seeding and co-ordination though, but the fact that PL and cronies are already deployed that is a lot of momentum to shift where as you guys are sorta out hanging anyway.

Can you imagine trying to get goons out of a wormhole without popping the exit?

I can't honestly imagine doing anything wh related with the entirety of GSF. Hole squad, sure, but lol at anything else

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Elmnt80 posted:

Its also more like 30-35 people to do regular purely inhouse practices once you get into having multiple teams with alternates for various setups. And it takes away highly skilled FCs due to the time requirements. And this is just the practices themselves, not the logistics involved in getting the practices set up if CCP doesn't do password secured practice systems with fully stocked markets like they did the one year and doesn't include the spying on enemy teams practicing type stuff that goes on. Its a pretty big investment to do AT stuff like the top teams. I'm kinda glad groon has no plans to do it this year. :toot:
Some of the quality of life improvements that have been made over the last year or so have made it much much easier to run practices. Multi-buy and importing fits from EFT alone save huge amounts of time - if you have the fits all made up in advance, you can stage several copies of a setup in a few minutes. As long as you're not going crazy and doing everything out of wormholes, it's pretty manageable.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Bilirubin posted:

OK counter question. Why are you guys doing this: https://zkillboard.com/kill/53325421/

Max tank, with two trimarks. We have a similar option using those armor transfers as the next best thing after Large.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

frozenpussy posted:

Max tank, with two trimarks. We have a similar option using those armor transfers as the next best thing after Large.

I guess it's also self funded with no srp? God drat you guys are rich.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Pretty much. There's the main team plus a sizable practice team, and like generic elite raiding guilds- we like winning things.

You mean losing to Hydra's B team and then crying to ccp about it

BigD7976
Feb 24, 2014

by VideoGames

Goatman Sacks posted:

They did cheat to gain a huge win-fall. There's a reason fixing matches is against the rules in all sports. Also, everyone knows PL is really #3.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reverand maynard posted:

I'd imagine because all the important dudes are on the AT team or the practice team

Dancul is far from important.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hydra were so butthurt about losing to PL they needed two teams, match fixing, and hacking the singularity client.

Seems like they were just bad at cheating more than anything. :shrug:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 19, 2016

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

How did they hack the client and to what result?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Killmails aren't generated and posted to the API like they are for Tranquility, so they made a program that bruteforced the scraping of all kills on Singularity so they could find out where people were training and what their fits were etc.

Kadesh had a long post whining about how it wasn't fair that match fixing wasn't permitted and that if he didn't do it PL surely would have etc. This of course came after he was permabanned from AT tournaments and some of his cohorts were given bans for the next AT. Oh and they admitted Garmon, who was permabanned by CCP, was account sharing. :laugh:

http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?20287-Don-t-let-your-dreams-be-dreams

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Apr 19, 2016

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Oodles posted:

Pretty sure that's what Dod was doing during the last pastebin leak. As I logged in the next day to not being in HS.

I thought the "deployment" to delve or wherever was the last purge. Although, that might have just been a side effect.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Altran posted:

I guess it's also self funded with no srp? God drat you guys are rich.

a lot of them will say their game is funded by market but there is such a fundamental difference in temperament required by PVP and market that I don't believe it ever. What makes more sense is grinding high level PVE instead.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

abigserve posted:

But really you guys should all bail on nullsec, pick a big wormhole corp like HK and roll em, become the kings of wormhole space.

I actually think this would be amazing. It would take probably a year, but taking over the C5 highway would lead to goonswarm becoming like rats constantly emerging from the walls.

the downside is I think CCP would nerf wormhole space hard if GSF moved into it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

pseudanonymous posted:

the downside is I think CCP would nerf wormhole space hard if GSF moved into it.

this idea suddenly intrigues me

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

dragonstalking posted:

There is no way in hell that GSF at this point could evict HK.

Wormhole alliances have really smaller player counts and if any massive nullsec block put in the time they could easily evict pretty much anyone.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

Wormhole alliances have really smaller player counts and if any massive nullsec block put in the time they could easily evict pretty much anyone.

Except WH CFC can field hundreds of T3s plus cap support and are autistic enough to seed them during months when planing a big op. Good luck doing that with null grunts.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Venom Snake posted:

Cue wormhole Voltron evicting us from Saranen into high sec :eng99:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Hydra were so butthurt about losing to PL they needed two teams, match fixing, and hacking the singularity client.

Seems like they were just bad at cheating more than anything. :shrug:

I don't see how fielding two teams (thus diluting their talent) or fixing the finals match (after both teams already beat PL) could in any way have benefited them over PL?

As far as the sisi scraper is concerned, oh well, it's all in the metagame. The last AT Goonswarm participated in, we somehow magically were hardcountered by PL when we played them, because they spied on our AT forums.

Point is for an ~elite pvp~ organization, they do an awful lot of crying to daddy when they don't like their 3rd place participation PLEXes.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I think we can agree it's funny when CCP gets played

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I think now it's more important than ever to remember what Goons are... we are Social Justice Warriors. I can't think of a better time to remind people of the principle and foundation of our ideology. What does that mean? It means our enemies need to Check Their Privilege - remind them in local, convo them. The odds are you're talking to a white male so tell him the Truth. Tell him he comes from a world of racism and misogyny even if he doesn't know it. He's an invisible oppressor, a machine of micro-aggressions. If you find out you're talking to an oppressed person, a Female or someone with Brown Skin, remind them that their ancestors were oppressed and show them that they are being abused by their white male handlers in an unrelenting manner, give them no rest!

In this way we can divide the enemy forces and break their morale!

Put a spy in Horde (EASY), join their IRC, and compare their 'war' to the genocide of the noble Native American Peoples and the Holocaust of the Jews.

How is that related? They'll ask. It is related, white men invaded Native American Homelands, took it for themselves saying patronizing things the entire time like "you traded us this land for beads and blankets." Fools! Our enlightened minds have no concept of ownership or property! --- Does this not sound like the conquest of Fade

Does the systematic annihilation of 18 million Jews in Europe, not remind you of the conquest of Deklein? Will you sit there quietly as the invaders take our ratting space and turn us into lamp shades and bars of soap?

???

I've already begun to fight the true and noble fight for goons and for somethingawful.com , everyday in game and in real life insults and abuse are hurled at me. But I do not falter, i am a social justice warrior!

The bigots reply with this

http://webm.land/media/0Jqr.webm

"Simple fools" I laugh to myself - as they confirm their hate. I find peace in myself knowing that I fight for all that is just in this world! I fight for social justice! Rise goon SJWs, follow me into battle!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

The bigots reply with an empty video-link? How apt.

Fake Edit:

Alternatively-

The bigots reply with an unplayable video? How apt.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Goatman Sacks posted:

I don't see how fielding two teams (thus diluting their talent) or fixing the finals match (after both teams already beat PL) could in any way have benefited them over PL?

As far as the sisi scraper is concerned, oh well, it's all in the metagame. The last AT Goonswarm participated in, we somehow magically were hardcountered by PL when we played them, because they spied on our AT forums.

Point is for an ~elite pvp~ organization, they do an awful lot of crying to daddy when they don't like their 3rd place participation PLEXes.

You can replace "it's okay when we do it" for any reply back about stuff like making a giant coalition, or metagaming the AT

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Landsknecht posted:

I don't really give a poo poo about the ~talking points~

usually I just post what I think and maybe you read into it, maybe you don't

Congrats on missing that I literally said "Maybe not Ordo".

But hey, since you're doubling down for no reason, I'll absolutely grant you that you weren't repeating a tildetalkingpointtilde, you just happened to repeat something that someone else told you.
In a thread where you haven't posted for ages until this war kicked off and you furiously tried to get authed back into ISRAD irc.

Sorry for accusing you of talking pointing, friend :)

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

darth cookie posted:

The last meta show with digi was fantastic.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I occasionally have the privilege of receiving spam mail going on about stuff the Rothchild conspiracy at Jekyll Island in the early twentieth century to leverage the power of the Fed to assassinate Obama. Your post reads like this.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Potato Salad posted:

I occasionally have the privilege of receiving spam mail going on about stuff the Rothchild conspiracy at Jekyll Island in the early twentieth century to leverage the power of the Fed to assassinate Obama. Your post reads like this.

I was hoping that was just some inside joke I didn't get. In either case after the first sentence it was tw;dr (too weird, didn't read).

spartan885
Aug 2, 2012

Morris posted:

I was hoping that was just some inside joke I didn't get. In either case after the first sentence it was tw;dr (too weird, didn't read).

I'm not sure what I'm reading but I'm sure it's thrilling.

Seriously could some brave soul provide a tl dr?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

spartan885 posted:

I'm not sure what I'm reading but I'm sure it's thrilling.

Seriously could some brave soul provide a tl dr?

He really really hates the people fighting goons and hey guys who agrees with him, also he has been trolling the alliance chat of a multi-thousand person corp and managed to find other retards, fellow trolls and appallingly earnest red-pillers to respond lololol look guys they said the r word.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Endie posted:

He really really hates the people fighting goons and hey guys who agrees with him, also he has been trolling the alliance chat of a multi-thousand person corp and managed to find other retards, fellow trolls and appallingly earnest red-pillers to respond lololol look guys they said the r word.

What's the r word? Is it regd? :confused:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Congrats on missing that I literally said "Maybe not Ordo".

But hey, since you're doubling down for no reason, I'll absolutely grant you that you weren't repeating a tildetalkingpointtilde, you just happened to repeat something that someone else told you.
In a thread where you haven't posted for ages until this war kicked off and you furiously tried to get authed back into ISRAD irc.

Sorry for accusing you of talking pointing, friend :)

yeah it's me the worst cover spy

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DisgracelandUSA posted:

What's the r word? Is it regd? :confused:

Triggered.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Shut the front door

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm happy for the build cost changes to dreads. According to sisi they're 10% above carriers and FAXes. Sounds like a no-brainer to me, that dreads are the sweet spot for DPS and cost. They're also simple to use, compared to icon mess that is fighter UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

frozenpussy posted:

I'm happy for the build cost changes to dreads. According to sisi they're 10% above carriers and FAXes. Sounds like a no-brainer to me, that dreads are the sweet spot for DPS and cost. They're also simple to use, compared to icon mess that is fighter UI.

i think the new changes to dreads (tracking dreads woooo) are probably good, because it's a logical step up from battleships, and they're finally moving towards being less of a battering ram and more of an all-around combat utility

• Locked thread