Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Night10194 posted:

I, for one, can't wait for the Soviet Navy because I want to see how much dumb bullshit they pull out to fill it out.

Honestly I don't think anything in the Soviet tree will be any worse than the German high tiers.
Also Germany is coming before the Soviet tree, allegedly in October. Tirpitz before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

James Garfield posted:

Honestly I don't think anything in the Soviet tree will be any worse than the German high tiers.
Also Germany is coming before the Soviet tree, allegedly in October. Tirpitz before that.
Tirpitz in the next few weeks, German CA line by October. They look like they will be 4x2 gun layout with 11 inch guns instead of the 8 inchers IJN/USN have.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cheese posted:

Tirpitz in the next few weeks, German CA line by October. They look like they will be 4x2 gun layout with 11 inch guns instead of the 8 inchers IJN/USN have.

Kruppstahl!!!

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
honestly the discussion about hypothetical 1vs1 CA/BB is incredible pointless. CA can through HE spam put out a lot of damage but anyone talking about how they are some undefeatable monsters is just silly. They can be killed pretty quickly and yes, you will have to get close enough to at least some enemies to be in danger of getting reliably hit and if you don't you are useless to your team. Suprisingly a multiplayer game has other ships in it and you can't keep everyone at distance or don't show your side to at least someone, not even talking about situations where you don't have a choice but expose yourself because you have to dodge DD/CV torpedos and if you pretend otherwise you are just lying.

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:

yaay posted:

you sound like you're being facetious, instead of predicting a thing that is almost guaranteed to happen

Comrade, you clearly don't understand how important the Russian surface fleet was to the victory of the Great Patriotic War, thier engineers were and are years ahead of puny allies and Germans.

Michi88 fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 22, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Russian tier 1 needs to be the armoured boat with the T-34 turrets on it

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Battleship Potemkin, Wargaming. Make it happen for me.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

yaay posted:

donut shiiiip

upgrade slot will let you attach metal fins so that when you fire the cannons off to the side it turns into a floating beyblade

Should make it next years April 1st game mode.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Add the turtle ship and the Monitor and this is going places. Places without many waves.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Its really disappointing how basic the game still is. Essentially no weekend specials, still no new premium ships, mission system is a complete joke, first real balance patch is coming way too late. I figured they would be much more aggressive but its starting to feel like a "lets see how much money we can get from all of our WoT players" game.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

At the same time, I like to click on boats and hope they do not successfully click on the vulnerable part of my boat.

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
Strangely, I don't seem to do half as well with the Mogami compared to the Myoko. Any general advice on this ship?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Junkozeyne posted:

honestly the discussion about hypothetical 1vs1 CA/BB is incredible pointless. CA can through HE spam put out a lot of damage but anyone talking about how they are some undefeatable monsters is just silly. They can be killed pretty quickly and yes, you will have to get close enough to at least some enemies to be in danger of getting reliably hit and if you don't you are useless to your team. Suprisingly a multiplayer game has other ships in it and you can't keep everyone at distance or don't show your side to at least someone, not even talking about situations where you don't have a choice but expose yourself because you have to dodge DD/CV torpedos and if you pretend otherwise you are just lying.

It still comes down to getting under 10km in a BB to kill a cruiser who's in evasive mode. BB accuracy at anything above 10km doesn't involve skill, it involves rng. The same is not true for cruisers, why?

My current view point is that a cruiser has a higher effective combat range with higher effective dpm than a battleship and that seems flat out wrong.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Night10194 posted:

I, for one, can't wait for the Soviet Navy because I want to see how much dumb bullshit they pull out to fill it out.

As far as I remember the Soviet navy was mostly some WWI era destroyers, some shoddy submarines that couldn't operate outside the Baltic and 7 battleships. Most of those battleships being pre-dreadnoughts and the ones that weren't laid down by Imperial Russia--think old and slow like the American Pennsylvania Class.

So yes, it will indeed be entertaining to see how that tech tree is filled out.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm also really excited to see the Kriegsmarine CVs. Paper boats AND paper planes to go on them!

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

psy.Che posted:

Strangely, I don't seem to do half as well with the Mogami compared to the Myoko. Any general advice on this ship?

You need 3 important captain skills to make it works: Basic and Advanced Fire training and the skill that make gun turn faster.

From there you just spam HE at everything. As a bonus it's possible to reliably citadel most cruisers under 10km.

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011

Krogort posted:

You need 3 important captain skills to make it works: Basic and Advanced Fire training and the skill that make gun turn faster.

From there you just spam HE at everything. As a bonus it's possible to reliably citadel most cruisers under 10km.

Thanks, then I hope that it gets better when my captain with said skills has finished retraining.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
The fire control upgrade also help to put the maximum range at about 18km with decent shell velocity.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
It can't be said often enough, the Aoba is certainly worth having to endure the Furutaka (maybe it will even be somewhat fun after the patch, who knows)

Also I don't know why it is even allowed to make a division with a Tier4 and a Tier7, the CV attacked me with 2 Torp Bomber Squadrons and got one torpedo into the water before I killed every plane.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Should have known I was in for a great round when my team managed to spot an afk cruiser for me at the start.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Junkozeyne posted:

Also I don't know why it is even allowed to make a division with a Tier4 and a Tier7, the CV attacked me with 2 Torp Bomber Squadrons and got one torpedo into the water before I killed every plane.

tanks has been out for five years and you can still drag a leichtraktor into battle with a Maus for ~teh lolz~ so good luck with this ever changing. Of course, wargaming being what they are they made it so that instead of it just being a stupid unfunny thing, the differences between CV tiers are so great you automatically lose air superiority when some dumb gently caress doing this ends up on your team.

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:

DurosKlav posted:

Should have known I was in for a great round when my team managed to spot an afk cruiser for me at the start.

Wait till you pop someone 30 seconds into a round as they move from spawning, the tears are delicious.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Welp, finished the New Mexico!

TIme to grind through the Colorado.

Wow, that was easy!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Groggy nard posted:

Welp, finished the New Mexico!

TIme to grind through the Colorado.

Wow, that was easy!
A good choice.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.

cheese posted:

A good choice.

Aoba presented his side to me in my New York at about 13km. 3 citadels happen 10 secs later and he melts. Too bad my team was composed of complete morons.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I just had a game in the Cleveland where a pubby in a Fuso started screaming that the Cleveland is 'from the 40s' and that makes it unfair, then going on about how amazing the Yamato was.

I told him the Yamato would only have been more useless if it'd been filled with Tigers and it caused a full on Wehraboo meltdown about how I'd been miseducated with 'victory tales' and quoting of SS Kill ratios. I love playing WWII games. :allears:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just had a 6 kill game in my isokaze and of course it's a loving defeat, our 2 tier 5 Battleships couldn't finish off a tier 3 BB that was an idiot and drove right into them instead of running away and winning by cap points, which they still won by of course.

That would've made for a nice x2 win of the day, and no doubt my best isokaze game so far, also this thing rocks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Once you get the upgraded guns, the captain skill that turns the turrets faster, and the Main Battery Upgrade 2, the Furutaka becomes less tragic.

Also, it can totally citadel pen a Myogi at close range. Admittedly, at that range, you should just torpedo it, but still!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
You're right. I think there's no actual difference in fighters between the IJN and USN. I think the big difference seems to be that all the USN squadrons I fight against have 5 fighters rather than my 4.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

^^ 6 ^^

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Night10194 posted:

Also, it can totally citadel pen a Myogi at close range. Admittedly, at that range, you should just torpedo it, but still!

One time I citadeled a Myogi at point blank range with my Pensacola....using HE. :psyduck:

I have no idea how it happened.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Oh come the gently caress on, matchmaking

e: It's official, my Atlanta's cursed.

Moatman fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 23, 2015

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
Clan seems broken again, getting an error when trying to accept Sporks' application.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Today I saw a pair of Hashidates get convoyed into a game that was 50% tier VIII ships. Both of them were immediately teamkilled and then some jerkoff in a New York had a full on rage meltdown as we capped their point. :allears:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Seekhay posted:

Clan seems broken again, getting an error when trying to accept Sporks' application.

It's Sporks, we've already figured that out. I accepted someone today.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Which do I buy next - Cleveland, New York or Kongou?

Melraidin
Oct 11, 2005
Cleveland. It's floaty but fun.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Sperglord Actual posted:

Today I saw a pair of Hashidates get convoyed into a game that was 50% tier VIII ships. Both of them were immediately teamkilled and then some jerkoff in a New York had a full on rage meltdown as we capped their point. :allears:

This is brilliant. Bring a couple T1s with your Atago and say "we're powerleveling".

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
So, I did a tiny bit of research on ramming, and I figured out something interesting. Normally, when you full speed ram somebody, your maximum HP is dealt as damage to the enemy, and vice versa. However, if both of you are moving more slowly, the amount of initial damage is significantly lessened, to a small 1kish damage at 2 knots. Of course, as long as your ships scrape against each other, damage continually occurs, until one of the ships explodes. I suspect this is factored by the mass of the ship. If both ships are moving at the time of the collision, flooding seems to have a 100% chance of being inflicted to both boats, but if one boat is stationary, then the moving boat has a chance of not taking flooding. Odd.

And then, lo and behold, I get a chance to try it out! Quite a good game, though that is doubled xp. I killed one Fubuki, and then rammed his buddy at a very gentle pace (he slowed down, hoping to avoid me, which let me ram him safely). Then I died to a THIRD Fubuki later. Jesus.

I'll likely make a vid with the clip and another hilarious clip I got last night with some Groons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
drat I had no idea Scoots had a Yamato. Too bad about running into Deprived Pickle there.