Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I like Mountain Tim, but calling him the SBR equivalent of Speedwagon is an insult to Speedwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also if there was a speedwagon equivalent it's 100% steel

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Speedwagon Foundation are involved in the Steel Ball Run race as funders so there is a Speedwagon but he's off screen.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Important Anime Update: T-minus 14 days for Spaghetti Punch.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, it's so strange reading JJL and getting to the first ad for the Phantom Blood anime.

Yeah, it was a real trip seeing the first page of the new chapter announce that JJL's been serialized for 5 years now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

Important Anime Update: T-minus 14 days for Spaghetti Punch.

We're not 100% sure Yukako's a 2 parter, so that's best case scenario.

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah, it was a real trip seeing the first page of the new chapter announce that JJL's been serialized for 5 years now.

It's hard to really tell how long it will be based on the feel of SBR's story progression because 23 of SBR's chapters are WSJ format and its UJ chapters trend longer JJL's but SBR was monthly for 72 chapters. I'd imagine there's another 3 to 5 years of JoJolion yet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

We're not 100% sure Yukako's a 2 parter, so that's best case scenario.

It's hard to really tell how long it will be based on the feel of SBR's story progression because 23 of SBR's chapters are WSJ format and its UJ chapters trend longer JJL's but SBR was monthly for 72 chapters. I'd imagine there's another 3 to 5 years of JoJolion yet.

We'll get hindsight in 2020 is what you're saying

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Part 9 - Six Ball Run premieres in 2020.

Araki's only taken 6 hiatuses during JoJolion's run apparently, but with the 30th anniversary coming on New Years Day 2017, I reckon we're getting maybe one or 2 at the butt end of the year.

We'll probably be getting a poo poo load of other JoJo goodness to make up for it though.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Johnny Joestar posted:

also if there was a speedwagon equivalent it's 100% steel

Stephen Steel is probably the Jojo character I've done the biggest 180 on, I think.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is where JoJolion Kira gets his WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYEAHHHHH from, by the way.

ウリィヤアアツ
It's the only battle cry Killer Queen ever uses in DiU, if I recall correctly.

So basically, the WRYYYYYEA is a call back to Kira 4 which is a nod to DIO and has been sort of lost in translation.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 19, 2016

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
That coin move was sick as hell and represented Joseph-esque levels of cool poo poo done with mundane objects. May Damo pass into the Supporting Antagonist Hall of Fame.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
That and the fish-torture. I am starting to seriously think Norisuke may bite it in the next couple of chapters, because Holy poo poo, that's some cold-blooded poo poo.

Also, I love how Hato went through the same role-reversal as Damo, where she is shown to be much more competent and dangerous than you would think at first glance. Great chapter.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

With Josuke loosing his entire liver and possibly more damage, and no healer stand I think Part 8s new JoJo is Joshuu

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I can't believe Josuke's gonna learn how to spin his bubbles when it is revealed he is also made up of that piece of johnny joestar that got smashed under the boulder and he will also gain the knowledge of stitching himself back together with zombie horse any string ever

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

With Josuke loosing his entire liver and possibly more damage, and no healer stand I think Part 8s new JoJo is Joshuu

Maybe Nut King Call can be healer stand and bolt people's pieces back together.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it'll be funny* if they try to get joshuu to do that but it's like the equivalent of stapling his liver onto his stomach and doesn't actually fix anything

*possibly sad as well

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Which healing character was it who had the really really painful healing? I think it was Bruno zipping people up, like it still hurt like poo poo or something. I know Giorno's healing hurt too but for a separate reason entirely than "I'm gonna zip your body back together"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Passione's main method of healing before Giorno was Fugo shooting you with a staple gun cause that's a cool thing to do. It hurts like gently caress but the scars look cool.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I remember Jolyne complaining that her gunshot wounds hurt really badly even with Foo Fighters' plankton in them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Passione's main method of healing before Giorno was Fugo shooting you with a staple gun cause that's a cool thing to do. It hurts like gently caress but the scars look cool.

Ok this must've been what I was thinking of

I love the idea that like Fugo's just all "gently caress it, staples"

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It always bothers me that when Giorno dies all the pieces of road and concrete he used to fix Mista's hosed up brain and various other wounds will probably all revert back. Did Trish get hurt enough to require Gold Experience? I think she lost an ankle once

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It always bothers me that when Giorno dies all the pieces of road and concrete he used to fix Mista's hosed up brain and various other wounds will probably all revert back. Did Trish get hurt enough to require Gold Experience? I think she lost an ankle once

At that point it's probably just part of Mista, even without counting the fact that his body has probably replaced all those cells with new ones.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The stand stats basically spoils that Echoes evolves a bit early

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yukako's VA: Mamiko Noto
http://myanimelist.net/people/40/Mamiko_Noto

https://twitter.com/asikoh009/status/733688542199746562

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

based on where the ep ended, gotta be a 2.5 parter

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm disappointed we didn't get that exchange where Okuyasu said something like "Hey, let's spy on them" and Josuke goes "I didn't know you didn't this sort of thing. It's kind of exciting" Or whatever they say. I always thought that was adorable. Episode was great otherwise.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'm disappointed we didn't get that exchange where Okuyasu said something like "Hey, let's spy on them" and Josuke goes "I didn't know you didn't this sort of thing. It's kind of exciting" Or whatever they say. I always thought that was adorable. Episode was great otherwise.

I think they adapted this episode as more of a serious thing than it was in the manga, between the pacing and things like that being cut or abridged, but that might've been the meme lines tinging my interpretation of it.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

JOHN CENA posted:

They're absolutely going to do it in 2. They cut the credits to get through the first four chapters in one episode, they'll likely do the same for the back 5. Especially since those are mostly action and should go somewhat faster.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I don't see this stretching beyond another episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They also cut the part where Josuke suggests that Koichi tells Yukako he's gay.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

JOHN CENA posted:

It would be proof that we do not exist in a kind and loving universe if we don't get an entire episode devoted to Let's Go Out For Italian.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kabanaw posted:

They're absolutely going to do it in 2. They cut the credits to get through the first four chapters in one episode, they'll likely do the same for the back 5. Especially since those are mostly action and should go somewhat faster.

yeah i could see that. it's a tight fit at the very least, esp without really cutting anything so far.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It will get a full ep.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They also cut the part where Josuke suggests that Koichi tells Yukako he's gay.

If that doesn't work, six simple words: I'm not gay, but I'll learn.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If he doesn't want Yukako, it's not a lie anyway.

She is perfect.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'd be genuinely surprised if this stretched beyond next week's episode. they've already reached the house and gotten through the first little 'event' in it, so i expect it to all be wrapped up for sure by the end. maybe some time for anime-only additions like a brief snippet of characters talking about hearing of an italian place. who knows.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I honestly didn't expect to get to the Prince stuff this episode, reaching that and then some is confirmation that it'll wrap up next week. And then...!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Momomo posted:

I like Mountain Tim, but calling him the SBR equivalent of Speedwagon is an insult to Speedwagon.

I thought Mountain Tim was Part 1 Speedwagon and Steel was Part 2 Speedwagon.

And then the SBR is actually funded by a Speedwagon Foundation, so there's a third Speedwagon out there somewhere.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mountain Tim has the same scar across his face, befriends a Joestar after initially being an antagonist and has a thing for a woman with the last name of Pendelton but doesn't act on out of respect.

I mean, Mountain Tim's no Speedwagon as cool as Mountain Tim is, but he's very much another take on Speedwagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Moltrey posted:

and has a thing for a woman with the last name of Pendelton but doesn't act on out of respect.

Did we meet different Speedwagons?