Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The nwa died, stop trying to bring it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Rock N Roll Express guys both look like they're in their 70s

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They’re in their 60s but wrestling for decades ages them further than usual.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Justin Barasso is claiming Jericho/Tana is one of the big matches for Wrestle Kingdom. Which is hardly a shocker, to be fair, as they clearly set it up at Dominion, and even if Jericho's still the AEW champ, Tanahashi could feasibly lose the match and not lose anything.

Plus the top two titles are transparently going to be Ibushi/Okada and White/Naito, so may as well get Tana in a SPECIAL SINGLE MATCH

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

POWER
POWER
POWER
POWER
POWER
POWER
POWER
POWER

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NXTUK did two nights of tapings

Night 1:
A-Kid defeats Joseph Conners in a dark match

The Hunt (Primate and Wild Boar) defeat Pretty Deadly (Lewis Howley and Sam Stoker). Postmatch Imperium attack the Hunt
Piper Niven defeats Jazzy Gabert. Postmatch Jinny attacks Piper, Rhea Ripley makes the save
Jordan Devlin defeats Jack Starz. Postmatch Devlin promo interrupted by Dave Mastiff
Mastiff defeats Kenny Williams
Trent Seven defeats Noam Dar
Xia Brookside defeats Nina Samuels
Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake and Zack Gibson) defeat Ashton Smith and Oliver Carter. Postmatch GYV continue the attack until they're chased off by tag champs South Wales Subculture
Devlin promo again interrupted by Mastiff, who beats him up this time
Piper and Rhea defeat Jinny and Jazzy
Travis Banks vs Ligero ends in a double pin
Ilja Dragunov defeats Saxon Huxley
Imperium (Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel) defeat the Hunt
Gallus (Mark Coffey and Wolfgang) defeat South Wales Subculture (Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews) to win the tag titles

Night 2:
Rhea defeats Nina in a dark match. Rhea takes a bow postmatch

Starz defeats Saxon
A-Kid defeats Kassius Ohno by countout. Postmatch Ohno attacks, Tyler Bate makes the save
Conners defeats Roy Johnson
Women's champ Kay Lee Ray says you've seen the last of Toni Storm
Devlin defeats Mastiff
Joe Coffey defeats Tyson T-Bone
Isla Dawn defeats Killer Kelly
South Wales Subculture vs Grizzled Young Veterans ends in double DQ after Gallus interfere. Imperium come out, Ilja comes out and sides with Gallus
Kay Lee Ray defeats Xia
Banks defeats Ligero after Conners interferes. Postmatch Conners beats up Banks too
Bate defeats Ohno

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goddamnit not A-Kid too :(

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Bate vs Ohno could be fire

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Will Ospreay and ZSJ should just tour the indies having bangers with the most out of shape, garbage-bag pants, sleeve tat soupcans and watch WWE offer then all 6 figures. Instead of doing it with actually talented guys and having them sentenced to work 4 minute TV matches for an audience of 15 people on the Network.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Why would Ilja side with Gallus who is already a 3 man heel stable instead of the two outnumbered faces??

can nxt uk stop trying to make clark connors a thing? dudes incredibly boring and that says a lot coming from NXT UK

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

KungFu Grip posted:

Why would Ilja side with Gallus who is already a 3 man heel stable instead of the two outnumbered faces??

can nxt uk stop trying to make clark connors a thing? dudes incredibly boring and that says a lot coming from NXT UK

Wait, NXT UK has a guy with the same name as the New Japan LA Dojo guy? That's great.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I think he means Joseph Conners, who aside from some weird teeth, has a look that WWE probably likes

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think he means Joseph Conners, who aside from some weird teeth, has a look that WWE probably likes

I forgot what his first name was. His teeth are a bit jagged and he's got a mick foley ear, but has zero charisma and are trying to treat him as some vicious heel, but he's just loving boring since his gimmick is just "dude with half an ear"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Basic Chunnel posted:

Awww, that's less funny.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wasn't sure if I should post this in the WWE thread or not. I don't know much about it personally to be honest. I just know there's smoke to the fire. Meltzer has reported they are keeping Liv Morgan off TV to repackage her and she has a new look.

There have been talk/fan theories for quite some time that they are putting Liv Morgan together with Bray Wyatt. MAYBE she costs Seth night.

https://twitter.com/livorleave/status/1176700836308770821

EDIT: Well that answers that
https://twitter.com/livorleave/status/1180962814837612545

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 6, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
can't believe liv morgan is sister abigail

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Did Liv Morgan work rovert into a shoot?????

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, who are we to doubt @livorleave?

KungFu Grip posted:

Because Imperium has 4 people.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I think the idea was to even the odds, but the way that's written is very weird unless Gallus were making the save for their fellow Celts while GYV beat them down or something. Like, it sounds like they ran in, got the match thrown out only to be attacked by the heels for... reasons?

KungFu Grip posted:

I forgot what his first name was. His teeth are a bit jagged and he's got a mick foley ear, but has zero charisma and are trying to treat him as some vicious heel, but he's just loving boring since his gimmick is just "dude with half an ear"

Even in the first UK show, despite Cole not being produced by Vince, you could tell he had notes on the format saying "Talk up Conners. V. big upside", and I just don't get it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wargames is coming up, it's time for people to make 3 friends.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gaz-L posted:

Even in the first UK show, despite Cole not being produced by Vince, you could tell he had notes on the format saying "Talk up Conners. V. big upside", and I just don't get it.

The only thing I think of when I hear "Joseph Conners":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHMo8PkTCxM&hd=1

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

The only thing I think of when I hear "Joseph Conners":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHMo8PkTCxM&hd=1

I was hoping this was what I thought it was. Hendry is mediocre in a lot of ways but his musical stuff is absolutely gold.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Omega vs Janela for AEW dark main event.

Edit, non sanctioned

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Oh man, that seems real loving cool. I am really liking the Kenny/Mox feud through parallels.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/JoshNason/status/1182081662944976896

Using the "lights out" gimmick for a random dark match is bizarre as hell

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Kip injured his finger midway thru, but fought thru it to win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TUS posted:

Omega vs Janela for AEW dark main event.

Edit, non sanctioned

Hook it to my veins

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshNason/status/1182081662944976896

Using the "lights out" gimmick for a random dark match is bizarre as hell

It's because that is what Mox fought Janela under and Kenny has to match Mox.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TUS posted:

Kip injured his finger midway thru, but fought thru it to win

someone posting results said the match was bad either way

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sonny should've won :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming Kenny beat Janela?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm assuming Kenny beat Janela?

Only Kiss vs Sabian was before the show, the others are after, I think.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kenny/Janela in essentially a hardcore match is definitely something you close a whole show taping with

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Looks like the story for the lights out match will be Kenny getting used to hardcore matches to practice for Moxley.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Scu/cima vs dark order/events and angelico is 8 man

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:getin:

Post-Dynamite: Kenny Omega defeated Joey Janela in an unsanctioned lights out match

Spoiler: This got insane. Luckily, both men walked out under their own power.

Justin Roberts stuck with the unsanctioned rules of saying AEW wasn't sanctioning this match after the lights went out and back on. Why unsanctioned? They never explained. Even though they were a bit tired, nearly everyone stayed around for this and got into it quick with "Kenny Kenny" chants and the Terminator clap.

Janela brought a chair in early, but we got Omega chops and a Janela tope early on. It didn't take long for more chairs and a ladder to get brought into the ring. Janela laid them all out in the middle of the ring and threw one at Omega's head. Omega later got the upper hand with a bulldog onto the chairs and a big Terminator dive outside.

Omega hit two Dragon Sleepers in the ring and despite Janela trying to fight him off, he hit another one on the ring apron to a "holy sh*t" chant. Omega teasted a One-Winged Angel on stairs on the floor, but Janela reversed into a belly to back suplex to regain control. Janela rearranged the stairs and made a table bridge (upsdie down) between that and the ring apron, but didn't use it right away, tossing Omega into the ladder a few tmes instead. He reversed Omega into a nasty looking belly to back on the ladder. Ouch.

We got lots of V-triggers, a Janela brainbuster and standing superlex off the top, and several near falls. Omega took a lot of punishment, going into the ladder and a back body drop on a folded up table with the metal legs exposed.

Janela set up a ladder in the ring and laid Omega on a table. He climbed nearly all the way up and missed a frog splash, allowing Omega to regain the advantage. A big Omega clothesline off the ropes and a double-armed DDT still wasn't enough. He then took a bad looking bump on that aforementioned table bridge, but was ok. Janela hit a double foot stomp on a chair laid out on Omega's chest, but that only got two. To say this is wild is an understatement.

Janela set up a series of chairs back to back to back and laid Omega chest first on the top of them. He then went to the top, but Omega escaped and battled Janela, trying for a superplex. He eventually just tossed him off spine first on the chairs in one of the nastiest spots you'll see that doesn't feature blood. Omega hit a V-trigger to the back of Janela's head and hit another V-trigger on a folded chair for the pin. Jesus. You need to see this.

Omega did a promo and put over both Janela and the fans, doing his signature signoff.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

fez_machine posted:

Looks like the story for the lights out match will be Kenny getting used to hardcore matches to practice for Moxley.

He's doing the exact same match as Mox to show he's better.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Yeah the description of Janela/Omega doesnt do it justice. Watch it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

yea ok posted:

Omega hit a V-trigger to the back of Janela's head and hit another V-trigger on a folded chair for the pin. Jesus. You need to see this.

I just saw a video of it and the pin was actually off a One Winged Angel to an opened up chair, which is a whole lot more brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I just saw a video of it and the pin was actually off a One Winged Angel to an opened up chair, which is a whole lot more brutal.

Yeah, I saw it live and this was the win. It was one of the most brutal things I've ever seen in the ring. Like, too stunned to clap brutal.