Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The same people who think MK8D should be discounted are the same people who think the PS4 can handle BlueTooth better because it's bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

VideoGames posted:

I was comparing these remasters to the originals. Not to other remasters.
Otherwise we could say all remasters are bad because they are usually free on PC.

Hey I get your point but BoI is literally the worst possible game to use to argue it because unlike Skyrim or Bioshock or other games that were remastered, people that owned the original BoI on PC did not get Rebirth for free.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ornamented Death posted:

Hey I get your point but BoI is literally the worst possible game to use to argue it because unlike Skyrim or Bioshock or other games that were remastered, people that owned the original BoI on PC did not get Rebirth for free.

Ha, that is true! I was only thinking about the Bioshocks and Skyrims.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats what i said...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

thats what i said...

No we definitely got our wires crossed on what I was saying.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh neat these dudes made Party Golf! Was meaning to pick this up on Steam but it looks like I don't have to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io1NLd79mpw

More couch multiplayer games! :woop:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

VideoGames posted:

I honestly don't think he is trolling. Stux has made a lot of interesting and discussing posts in this thread.

All I ever see is when people quote him, and I'm still just seeing the same old crap.

On to BoI, I finally get why people like that game so much. I put like 15 hours in so far, and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. It definitely is not coded well though. I had a room full of campfires that made it slow down to like less than half it's normal speed. If this console can handle Breath of the Wild, it should be able to handle 20 animated sprites.

And then on a separate occasion the game froze the system in the weirdest way. It was preventing my Switch from going into sleep mode or returning to the home menu, so I held the power button down until I got the option to power it off, and while it was powering off, the Isaac menu music was playing the entire time. Even during the completely blank/black screen you see right before it actually turns off. It was still pumping out the Isaac music.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Seeing those golf balls arcing through the air made me realize that Switch really needs a port of Worms Armageddon or Scorched Earth or something.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Not a Children posted:

That philosophy led to the recent AAA mess that is Mass Effect Andromeda

A franchise needs to be good at first though.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ratbert90 posted:

The same people who think MK8D should be discounted are the same people who think the PS4 can handle BlueTooth better because it's bigger.

It should be discounted to tide people over before the far superior Sonic: Racing Transformed 2 is released on Switch.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

VideoGames posted:

I honestly don't think he is trolling. Stux has made a lot of interesting and discussing posts in this thread.

what are these interesting posts out of curiosity because all i see is bad-faith arguing and pedantry

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I think these boards would be worse without heels like Stux

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

It should be discounted to tide people over before the far superior Sonic: Racing Transformed 2 is released on Switch.

Diddy Kong racing 2. :colbert:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Skies of Arcadia 2

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ratbert90 posted:

Diddy Kong racing 2. :colbert:

You and I both know that current Rare shouldn't be allowed anywhere near drive-able vehicles after what they did with Nuts and Bolts!

Racing Transformed is our only hope for a Diddy Kong cameo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is Redout good?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I have never played MK8 and am excited to play it later this month. I hope many of the good WiiU games get a switch port :D

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I have never played MK8 and am excited to play it later this month. I hope many of the good WiiU games get a switch port :D

:same: I never had a Wii or WiiU so I'm ready for all these games I never played.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I've managed to put scratches on both of my joycons. Ugh

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is Redout good?

Better than fast rmx but suffers from that same feeling of something not being right

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:same: I never had a Wii or WiiU so I'm ready for all these games I never played.

:yeah:

actually I had a WiiU for few days but returned it and bought a switch because i have business trips coming up and portability is going to be nice :ohdear:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Empress Brosephine posted:

Better than fast rmx but suffers from that same feeling of something not being right

Would you care to elaborate? I've played a lot of RMX and I can't relate.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr Cheeto posted:

Would you care to elaborate? I've played a lot of RMX and I can't relate.

Sorry I meant in regards to the game it's supposed to emulate. So fast rmx is cool but it feels like it's missing something special or extra that's keeping it from being a f zero game. Redout is the Wipeout equivalent to that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sorry I meant in regards to the game it's supposed to emulate. So fast rmx is cool but it feels like it's missing something special or extra that's keeping it from being a f zero game. Redout is the Wipeout equivalent to that.

Is it hard to hate everything you own and see?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

Is it hard to hate everything you own and see?

I didn't say I hate it I just said it was off :shrug:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PowerBeard posted:

You and I both know that current Rare shouldn't be allowed anywhere near drive-able vehicles after what they did with Nuts and Bolts!

Make an extremely good game even though it wasn't the standard BK platformer? Nuts and Bolts owned.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I can tell you what it's missing. The ability to ram other cars to death, and the ability to not instantly explode when you hit an obstacle.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

Make an extremely good game even though it wasn't the standard BK platformer? Nuts and Bolts owned.

But noted racist Jontron made a video about why it was bad where he has a laser parrot oh what a card!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I want a smash 4 port. So what.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's no way there will not be a smash 4 port

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Not a Children posted:

Skies of Arcadia 2
No joke, I've thought about getting a GameCube just to play he first one again.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

PowerBeard posted:

Transformed dunks on MK8 so hard I'm frankly embarrassed for the Nintendo fanboys. Sega does what Nintendonesn't.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Transformed dunks on MK8 so hard I'm frankly embarrassed for the Nintendo fanboys. Sega does what Nintendonesn't.

Has its games on other consoles?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

Except run a stable profitable business

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

bef posted:

There's no way there will not be a smash 4 port

I'm glad of it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Infinitum posted:

Has its games on other consoles?

And PC!

"I sure would hate to run Nintendo games at 4K!" -People who like Nintendo games, which totally makes sense

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sonic Transformed isn't that great. It was ok to tide you over until Mario kart came out. Mario Kart has better tracks, better music, better combination of mechanics, better items. The only thing racing Transformed has going for it is the track changes on lap three. But usually there's just too much poo poo going on interfering with the races, and every track has bad water sections.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So anyone here get lego

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Both Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Racing Transformed are incredibly good for different reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Sonic Transformed isn't that great.

Actually it's a pretty loving stellar game

TheScott2K posted:

And PC!

"I sure would hate to run Nintendo games at 4K!" -People who like Nintendo games, which totally makes sense

That's what :filez: and the last gen emulators are for.

• Locked thread