Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH

el B posted:

Check out what THIS happy customer had to say about poooM Enterprise's Trials carry service. The testimonial speaks for itself! Pm me for discounted group rates!

Carry me through Trials like I carried you through the raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I hope we get vanity pets and a harvest moon-esque minigame at some point at The Farm.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Are they gonna bring back gunsmith quests? Getting excited for potential hot rolls for PvP was part of what I lived for in the first game.

Edit: I really liked the farm and got real sad to find everyone left.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

mango sentinel posted:

Are they gonna bring back gunsmith quests? Getting excited for potential hot rolls for PvP was part of what I lived for in the first game.

Edit: I really liked the farm and got real sad to find everyone left.

No because there are no rolls

Gunsmith is actually better now

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I was hoping the farm would be a base you build up gruadualy with gameplay. But nope. Zombie tower

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was pretty disappointed that all the exotic armor sold by xur was not only the stuff available from the story, but each one of them was the exact one that I had picked on each of my characters. gently caress.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Norns posted:

I was hoping the farm would be a base you build up gruadualy with gameplay. But nope. Zombie tower

Future stuff has to go somewhere!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Waffle House posted:

Future stuff has to go somewhere!

It only took 3 years and an entirely new game to find out what was on the other side of that loving door in the tower!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It only took 3 years and an entirely new game to find out what was on the other side of that loving door in the tower!

The other side was the future unrestricted by 256MB of XDR Main RAM and 256MB of GDDR3 VRAM all along

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

And now we all wish they kept the doors closed because gently caress running around to go chat with cayde and then hawthorne. Put all your loot dispensers in the same spot you dorks.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

And now we all wish they kept the doors closed because gently caress running around to go chat with cayde and then hawthorne. Put all your loot dispensers in the same spot you dorks.

:same:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Apparently people like Destiny 2

https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/15/destiny-2-had-the-biggest-console-game-launch-week-of-the-year-largest-ever-day-1-sales-on-ps-store/

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Speaking of locked areas, did they ever do anything with the Lighthouse area in Destiny 1? It seemed like it was supposed to be a hub area of some type with vendors. I never played through the Wolves expansion so I dunno if they did something with it there.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Wazzit posted:

Speaking of locked areas, did they ever do anything with the Lighthouse area in Destiny 1? It seemed like it was supposed to be a hub area of some type with vendors. I never played through the Wolves expansion so I dunno if they did something with it there.

They eventually turned it into a "social space" but only in the weakest sense of the phrase. You would just happen to bump into other flawless teams if they were there at the same time. The gated off glimmer rooms and overall emptiness remained the same.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Waffle House posted:

I hope we get vanity pets and a harvest moon-esque minigame at some point at The Farm.

I want to cultivate siva weapons in my cornfield next to my grenade patch and fusion pond

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Question: can I fire the exotic fusion into space to get the charge time down to preprime it for stupid pvp fun?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean yeah i guess you could probably waste 3/4 of the ammo you get so you can kill a guy .9 seconds faster but that's rapidly approaching 'not even dubiously useful' territory

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Pretty sure it only procs if you do nonlethal damage to a specific target, you can't prime it by firing into a wall or the skybox.

The legendary FR Shock and Awe already has the hotswap/plan C perk anyway.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PathAsc posted:

I want to cultivate siva weapons in my cornfield next to my grenade patch and fusion pond

hahahaha behold my SIVACorns and my DregMelons and weep, for the treadmill to the Exotic farming implements is a long path, but worth it for the look on someone's digital face when you OHK them with your Power Rake from behind in the CruCru

Farm equipment is pretty dangerous so having an exotic space scythe might be a good and cool thing for threshing your Vex Wheat

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Loving Leader posted:

Carry me through Trials like I carried you through the raid.

The only people that need carrys are our enemies

https://youtu.be/mjCA0F4iitA

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you applied to Biggest dumbest, and want accepted, post in the proper discord channel. I'm not looking through 1000+ posts in this thread to see if you are not some random.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
lol light level advantages disabled in Trials.

Oh bungie

:allears:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

CheeseFactory posted:

lol light level advantages disabled in Trials.
Oh bungie
:allears:
Maybe just for first week?

Doesn't matter, looks like people are locked out of it for some reason. Goth and Broman can't get in.

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH

el B posted:

The only people that need carrys are our enemies

https://youtu.be/mjCA0F4iitA

That snipe was crispy. Crispy like biting into a head of lettuce.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
for a good time look at the k/d for the people demanding ridiculous ratios to be on their trials teams

people with like .8s demanding 1.9s

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
So for nightfalls and raids, are there specific subclasses i should use that are better suited for the hard stuff?
I used an arcstrider with the combination blow/dodge loop for most of the main story but figured while that was fun there was no way id be punch rolling my way through end game mobs and started getting used to the nightstalker/way of the hunter...

Any advice so i dont suck out loud once i get into raiding?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Trials looks like it's Countdown on Trials-exclusive maps with a female Shaxx impersonator. Watching TripleWreck, Gothalion still can't get in. Looks like tickets for Trials access dropped randomly from missions/vendors so many people can't get in?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Roman posted:

Trials looks like it's Countdown on Trials-exclusive maps with a female Shaxx impersonator. Watching TripleWreck, Gothalion still can't get in. Looks like tickets for Trials access dropped randomly from missions/vendors so many people can't get in?

Countdown? Oh Man I like that one!

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
You have to farm for trials tickets?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bungie just tweeted:

Players must complete the Destiny 2 campaign, the Call to Arms Milestone at least once, and have 260 Power for access to Trials of the Nine.

I'm pretty sure Goth and Broman may have done all those things lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman posted:

gently caress I hate Countdown.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Is power level really disabled for trials? :wtc:

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
FYI there are some helpful Gardens maps on Reddit - show the dog pathing ....

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/703nn1/spoiler_detailed_pleasure_gardens_map/

G1ZM0
Jun 20, 2002

Roman posted:

Bungie just tweeted:

Players must complete the Destiny 2 campaign, the Call to Arms Milestone at least once, and have 260 Power for access to Trials of the Nine.

I'm pretty sure Goth and Broman may have done all those things lol

Nope they never finished Call to Arms....

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Javes posted:

Is power level really disabled for trials? :wtc:
I can see them disabling it for the first week at least. There's 305s running around now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

G1ZM0 posted:

SERIOUSLY?!

hahahalhakhHKHKHFHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHhahahhahaA

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Zebrasectomy posted:

So for nightfalls and raids, are there specific subclasses i should use that are better suited for the hard stuff?
I used an arcstrider with the combination blow/dodge loop for most of the main story but figured while that was fun there was no way id be punch rolling my way through end game mobs and started getting used to the nightstalker/way of the hunter...

Any advice so i dont suck out loud once i get into raiding?

Sounds like Arc subclasses are best pve DPS across the board right now?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

G1ZM0 posted:

Oh, me neither. I thought it was just play the 2 matches for a milestone (I only played once), I just found out it was a full quest

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Striker titans are the best at everything.

In what situation, PvE or pvp, would I ever use the bottom tree for Striker?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Trials Gear