Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/mattzollerseitz/status/1020907435186417664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
bulldog and mr kim get into an altercation after bulldog does an unsavoury impression of him following mr kim's new commercial on KACL

please shelve this for season 3/4 material

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bulldog, hands tied behind his back, kneeling in a shallow grave: “This is TOTAL BS!”

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I TOL' YOU THAT beluga caviar WAS SOME BAAD poo poo

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

who was the biggest fuckup amongst criminal wannabes, jackie aprile jr. or ziggy sobotka

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ulvir posted:

who was the biggest fuckup amongst criminal wannabes, jackie aprile jr. or ziggy sobotka

Jackie by a loving mile.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Matt Zerella posted:

Jackie by a loving mile.

Yeah, the thing where Jackie's sitting there like he's Don Corleone because the foreign guy came to him because he was thrown out for dealing at the Crazy Horse and Jackie's talking about how Christopher's his friend and all is amazing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, the thing where Jackie's sitting there like he's Don Corleone because the foreign guy came to him because he was thrown out for dealing at the Crazy Horse and Jackie's talking about how Christopher's his friend and all is amazing.

Cringier than anything Artie ever did

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

by Pragmatica
I don't wanna sound like an rear end in a top hat but I really can't be seen in a place like this anymore

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dawgstar posted:

I said it ages ago in this thread but it's the perfect depiction of what That Guy you knew in college, That Guy who exclusively watched mob movies/The Sopranos, would behave like if he was remotely connected. (Which I'm sure flew right over the heads of all the That Guys watching at home. "Jackie had dah chance of a lifetime and he blew it. I woulda known how to play the game and get in good with Tony, AND I still would've hooked up with Meadow...")

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Outside of trump, television hasn't seen anything as vile as a potential Janice-Moon combo

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I can't get over how dorky Christopher sounds when he says "the roof is soft tar :haw:", what a delivery

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

Jackie by a loving mile.

since he also got himself killed, that's a good point

e: ziggy would also probably be able to dish out more than just "rear end", "butt" or "poop" in a game of scrabble

e2: even worse, it was "rear end", "the" and "poo"

ulvir fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 20, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ulvir posted:

I can't get over how dorky Christopher sounds when he says "the roof is soft tar :haw:", what a delivery

Favreau's miserable,"Maybe his blind dad smells the tar on his shoes and that's how he knows he was the killer... :sigh:" script note is great too.

ulvir posted:

e2: even worse, it was "rear end", "the" and "poo"

Y'know, as in "give me some :c00l:"

Absolutely unbelievable dumbass, it's kinda amazing.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:26 on May 20, 2024

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn't he almost drown in three inches of water?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't he almost drown in three inches of water?

The penguin exhibit.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

But who was a worse boyfriend? Him or Noah?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ainsley McTree posted:

Remembering Noah thinking he could beat Tony up.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

ulvir posted:

Jackie was more of a fuckup as a criminal, but Ziggy was arguably more of a holistic fuckup. Like Jackie wasn't a well rounded or developed person by any means, but I'm pretty sure if he wasn't involved in the Mafia he'd probably be able to coast through life as an underachiever or something. Ziggy was such a mess it's difficult to imagine any path in his life that didn't involve flaming out one way or another - crime, substance abuse, mental health, whatever.

Jackie hosed up his life. Ziggy never had a chance.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ainsley McTree posted:

Noah certainly manipulated Meadow into sex but he didn't consider sexually assaulting her while she was drunk and passed out like Jackie.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Jackie was more of a fuckup as a criminal, but Ziggy was arguably more of a holistic fuckup. Like Jackie wasn't a well rounded or developed person by any means, but I'm pretty sure if he wasn't involved in the Mafia he'd probably be able to coast through life as an underachiever or something. Ziggy was such a mess it's difficult to imagine any path in his life that didn't involve flaming out one way or another - crime, substance abuse, mental health, whatever.

Jackie hosed up his life. Ziggy never had a chance.

To be fair to ziggy, as much as we all love frank sobotka, if ziggy had a dad who cared about anything besides The Docks he might have had a chance

I guess it’s still the AJ thing, where you can’t give a grown man a complete pass for his behavior because he had a bad dad, but it certainly didn’t help him navigate life

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Oh yeah, no, absolutely. I do think Ziggy probably had something developmentally/psychologically going on, but a lot of his issues are the product of his environment.
I just can imagine Jackie Aprile Jr. as a not-dead, not-criminal, rear end in a top hat who manages to live a reasonably long life before dying of disease, age, or if young, substance abuse. But not a flaming burnout. While, yeah, "Ziggy but functional" is something that's no longer Ziggy. Ziggy never had a chance.

Part of also why he's a more sympathetic character. Ziggy's a victim, both of his own poor decisions and of choices beyond his control. By and large, the only people Jackie can blame for how his life went are himself.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Oh yeah, no, absolutely. I do think Ziggy probably had something developmentally/psychologically going on, but a lot of his issues are the product of his environment.
I just can imagine Jackie Aprile Jr. as a not-dead, not-criminal, rear end in a top hat who manages to live a reasonably long life before dying of disease, age, or if young, substance abuse. But not a flaming burnout. While, yeah, "Ziggy but functional" is something that's no longer Ziggy. Ziggy never had a chance.

Part of also why he's a more sympathetic character. Ziggy's a victim, both of his own poor decisions and of choices beyond his control. By and large, the only people Jackie can blame for how his life went are himself.

Yeah I don’t wanna put it entirely on frank; it would have taken a lot of work to find a good path for ziggy, and it’s unfortunate that frank didn’t really try to find it at all

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Noah certainly manipulated Meadow into sex but he didn't consider sexually assaulting her while she was drunk and passed out like Jackie.

Worst part is, I think that look he gives Meadow when she's drunk is meant to imply that he's a better man than most other guys in his position who probably would just assault her.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

khwarezm posted:

Worst part is, I think that look he gives Meadow when she's drunk is meant to imply that he's a better man than most other guys in his position who probably would just assault her.

You're saying the intentionality was abundant? :ohdear:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

khwarezm posted:

didn't he cop a look at her boobs while she was passed out?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

crispix posted:

didn't he cop a look at her boobs while she was passed out?

He lifted up her shirt and took a look I think yeah. No touching iirc but still gross

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Matt Zerella posted:

Jackie by a loving mile.

on the other hand, Omar never woulda let Ziggy crash at his place.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

on the other hand, Omar never woulda let Ziggy crash at his place.

I'm not sure about that, I think that Omar would consider Ziggy harmless and try to talk some sense into him.

Omar would definitely have use of him too, like sending him out for Honey Nut Cheerios, Ziggy would acquire that cereal.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

It always makes me laugh that Jackies dad thought he was a genius because he knew the capital of Canada.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I honestly dont remember what happens to *Ziggy. I also never heard the term stevedore outside of that show and I've lived by the ocean my whole life. Not exactly major economic hubs though.

I'll rewatch someday, after another few Sopranos campaigns.

*until I googled him just then I thought we were talking about Nick.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

codo27 posted:

I honestly dont remember what happens to *Ziggy. I also never heard the term stevedore outside of that show and I've lived by the ocean my whole life. Not exactly major economic hubs though.

I'll rewatch someday, after another few Sopranos campaigns.

*until I googled him just then I thought we were talking about Nick.

It's not good.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
A 6th season of the The Wire made in 2024 about Ziggy getting out of prison and trying to get his life together would be a great way to talk about the carceral system and the lifelong effects of a felony conviction.

I mean, a man can dream right?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Another Bill posted:

A 6th season of the The Wire made in 2024 about Ziggy getting out of prison and trying to get his life together

The generally approved headcanon is that this is generation kill

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

The generally approved headcanon is that this is generation kill

Christ he was amazing on that show.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Another Bill posted:

A 6th season of the The Wire made in 2024 about Ziggy getting out of prison and trying to get his life together would be a great way to talk about the carceral system and the lifelong effects of a felony conviction.

This sounds great. It can air alongside the show about Tony reflecting on his crimes for seven years in his prison cell

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

This sounds great. It can air alongside the show about Tony reflecting on his crimes for seven years in his prison cell

while reading Dostoyevsky

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

codo27 posted:

You've never seen On the Waterfront?

Eva Marie Saint is turning 100 soon, gotta watch it before she pulls a Betty White

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Another Bill posted:

It already sounds better than The Many Saints of Newark. Throw Nicky in there too and follow them around trying to navigate late stage capitalism in Baltimore MD with no unions and trying to avoid the drug game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
A Sopranos sequel series where Chrissy plays cards in an Irish bar.