Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

a fatguy baldspot posted:

/r/chapotraphouse doxxed right wingers and engaged in some brigading and of course had lots of posts about killing cops. pretty sure those were the reasons they were banned. like /r/the_donald, they were quarantined for a while but a month or two ago got reopened because the mods complied with the reddit admins. this is just what i understand from loosely asking about it on twitter, idk how accurate any of it is. real chapo heads go to /r/moretankiechapo anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I'm starting to think his brother also died from the curse after making fun of him one time too many

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

400,000 Syrians and 1 subreddit, the Lion Bashar strikes again

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

a guy named david myatt who got involved in nazi stuff all the way back in the 1960s, and eventually coverted to islam.

Weirdest of all, after his wife died he claims to have rejected extremism and instead follows this philosophy he invented from his study of ancient greek texts. He wrote a short book about it.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Scud Hansen posted:

Weirdest of all, after his wife died he claims to have rejected extremism and instead follows this philosophy he invented from his study of ancient greek texts. He wrote a short book about it.

it's an insight role, he's pretending to be a boring philosopher to further satanic subversion of the magian world

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

:wow:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Reclines Obesily posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWgVpmo1e0

though the miracles of russian medicine and an all meat diet, he’s back

also molyneux did a twitch stream and got permabanned after 50 minutes

honestly really, really surprised he is able to speak.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

some OG Nazi poo poo back in the Fatherland

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/1278064105706999810

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Imagine going on reddit. I already spend too much time trying to keep up with things here.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
reddit's lack of any meaningful probation/suspension based moderation means every poster is an absolute undisciplined moron and noone is cool because noone's been to posting jail

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You get caught in ONE LITTLE PLOT between hundreds of officers to overthrow the government and assassinate Merkel and they throw the book at ya, outrageous!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

so everyone acting like we were free from jorp was full of poo poo?

gently caress that sucks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Reclines Obesily posted:

also molyneux did a twitch stream and got permabanned after 50 minutes

Or as I like to call it, “3 millimuccis”.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Snowy posted:

gently caress that sucks

Nobody gives a poo poo about him anymore so

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Unilever is basically one of those Shadowrun Corporations.

at least those have the dignity to be run by actual dragons, complete with wings, firey breath, and an insatiable just for hoarding wealth

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

that wording makes me think they're going to weed out the non-Nazis

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!
triple posting to say that i, for one, am glad dr peterson has returned to share what i am sure is a profound and total lack of insight into his recent harrowing experiences with us all

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Snowy posted:

gently caress that sucks

its the heroes journey, he slayed the dragon

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

https://twitter.com/lilspacecaseart/status/1278173206302453760

unrelated: jorp for joose thread 2020

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Reclines Obesily posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWgVpmo1e0

though the miracles of russian medicine and an all meat diet, he’s back

You shoulda specified this was about jorp. i totally breezed over it cause i thought it was about molyneux!

anyway, legit surprised he seems to be doing pretty well. i thought for sure he was permanently hosed. first limbaugh staying alive from lung cancer over six months and now the lobster king returning from the dead. there truly is no god :smith:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Snowy posted:

gently caress that sucks

in our defense, we only made those predictions based on what his opportunistic offspring said. and according to her, he went through a medically induced coma from some seedy and questionable "doctors" because U.S./canadian medicine was too postmodern neomarxist, and by her own admission, she said he couldn't talk or type and the last time there was any footage of him speaking was a whopping TEN MONTHS ago. the evidence, by all rights, pointed to jorp being nothing more than a walking vegetable for the rest of his life. how were we to know that the destroyer of college feminists would have the luck of the irish? :shrug:

anyway, is there anything interesting or noteworthy in the new video? i loathe listening to kermit's voice but i'm kinda intrigued to see what he had to say for once.

Mr Interweb has issued a correction as of 07:17 on Jul 1, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Whilw it was always possible they fried his brain it can take a long time to recover from induced comas

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

some heroic individual on reddit summarized the video for those of us who can't stomach listening to jorp for an hour:

"JP had been taking benzodiazepines since late 2016, as a treatment for sleeplessness following what he describes as a bad reaction to something he ate [ed: this seems to be the apple cider incident described on Joe Rogan's podcast], per medical guidelines at 0.25mg 2xday [ed: presumably clonazepam, this is a standard dose]. This treatment seemed to work at the time, so he continued with it.

At some unspecified time, he started noticing symptoms of weakness, detachment, and anhedonia. At some unspecified later time, he inferred that these were side-effects of the benzos.

At some point around April-May 2019, he began experiencing increased anxiety, which he associates with dealing with his wife's illness. As a result, he requests for an increase in his benzo dose. [ed: apparently up at some point to 4mg/day; this is a high dose]

He reports feeling increased anxiety from this point, for which reason he stops taking the benzos and starts taking ketamine [ed: his daughter later clarifies this was on recommendation of a psychiatrist]. He reports having been off the benzos for about a week and that "this turns out to have been a bad idea" [ed: presumably this did not help the anxiety and he resumed benzo use at that point, but it's not clearly stated].

He tried to taper down the dosage of his benzos [ed: presumably this was after resuming, so that he first stopped cold turkey, then resumed and tried to taper; it's not stated whether a physician is involved in this]. He reports intolerable anxiety and restlessness as resulting from this.

By August 2019 his wife had recovered but he was still wrestling with these issues. Sometime after then he goes to "a clinic on the east coast" for help getting off the benzos. He reports expecting a "multi-day" procedure for getting off the benzos and through withdrawal and being unsatisfied by the clinic's recommendation that they replace clonazepam with another benzo [ed: presumably valium] and use other "sedative-like drugs" to help manage symptoms during the taper [ed: so presumably not benzos; probably trazodone or quetiapine for sleep; that sort of thing]. He reports that since the benzos are causing the symptoms, he's unsatisfied with an approach that still had him on benzos.

In November-December 2019 he's hospitalized in Toronto for related / the same difficulties [ed: the specific event leading to hospitalization is not stated]. [ed: it's not clear whether he had continued the east coast clinic's protocol up to this point or had abandoned it.]

In December 2019 his daughter and her husband remove him from this hospital [ed: he reports not remembering this period, and later reports that this was against physician's orders] and bring him to a clinic near Moscow that sedate him [ed: to unconsciousness] for nine days with propofol. He reports complications of nine days of delirium following waking from this, and pneumonia which he'd had since the Toronto hospitalization.

He reports being extremely angry with his daughter at this point, as he has no recollection of agreeing to this treatment, while she explains that the whole family, including him, had discussed it and agreed to it, but that his memory of this was impaired. She reports the Russian doctor not understanding why they'd brought him there.

At this point he reports no longer being on the benzos, and having relief from the restlessness that was a side-effect of their use, but having general impairment of sensory, motor, and cognitive function. He is transferred to a rehabilitation clinic in Moscow for two weeks to help rehab through these difficulties.

They then move to Florida, and he reports that the anxiety and some of the restlessness recur at this point. He is given some medication here, but it's not stated what or what the circumstances of its prescription were.

In June 2020 he moves to Serbia to enter care in a clinic there [his daughter explains: to treat the "neurological damage done by the benzos"]. They adjust the unspecified medication he was given in Florida. He reports finding relief at this point.

He then discusses questions of responsibility and trust in his work, and remarks that he found it noteworthy how much support he got from people in spite of the stigma associated with drug problems, that everyone has difficulties so one cannot realistically expect to find help from people who don't, that he's always included himself among the population of people he's speaking about who need to work on their own personal responsibility and moral improvement, and that anyone ought to judge for themselves whether to trust his work based on what he's previously said and done.

They then discuss a perceived difference between American and Russian approaches to treating these issues. They report that the American doctors wanted to treat an "underlying disorder" [ed: it's not stated what they thought this to be, JP and MP clarify only that it's something that "doesn't exist... probably doesn't exist"] rather than treating the benzo dependency, whereas the Russian doctors treated the benzo dependency [ed: but on the history they give, the Western doctors did try to treat the benzo dependency, just not in the way JP/MP wanted/expected, so it's unclear what they mean here]."

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i recently became aware of a strange behind-the-scenes business in the corporate world which is companies who are contracted to set up backchannel, private communication between executives in various, specific layers or sectors of big enterprises. like there's an executive in charge of sustainability and how they will adjust business practices to meet certain goals and so forth and communicate with other executives in different companies doing the same thing. it kinda makes me wonder whether there's someone with a job like that but it's in terms of anti-discrimination / hate speech / violent speech, and the people in charge of that (or whatever is something equivalent to that) have been working together to smash the ban button on a bunch of this stuff all at once.

Very likely. I spent several years in the sustainability, human rights, and ethical sourcing space in corporations and this stuff is usually very coordinated. I was in that area during the Bangladesh factory collapses, Thai Fishing Modern Day slavery campaigns, L.A. Times “Product of Mexico” forced labor, Apple suicides, and dozens of other smaller crises that people won’t readily recognize.

Execs at the major brands know each other and definitely talk in these exact situations and don’t overtly agree to do things at the same time in the same way but that’s effectively what they do. Many companies are risk-adverse so no one really wants to be first one something really radical and don’t often want to stick their necks out there alone.

It’s no coincidence that you see a bunch of brands funding ad and social media campaigns, others making speeches and sweeping policy changes, and some aggressively shutting off customers who violate their terms. They’ve definitely talked cross company about it and might even have one of those cross-company coalitions formed to address it.

There are some specific brands that are exceptions and generally tremendous assholes that no one wants to collaborate with and it is pretty much who you would think: Amazon, Tesla, Facebook, etc. Most Brick and Mortar Retailers and CPG Brands have realized that it is a necessity of image and operations to collaborate and take stands. Newer tech companies often give zero fucks and have a too big to fail mentality.

Saltpowered has issued a correction as of 07:33 on Jul 1, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1278147301505150976?s=19

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

triple posting to say that i, for one, am glad dr peterson has returned to share what i am sure is a profound and total lack of insight into his recent harrowing experiences with us all

jorp gonna tell us to eat steaks and bars erryday

e: xanax is expensive, have you heard about this amazing drug called phenazepam?

e2 for idiots who havent read the joose saga: DONT loving TAKE PHENAZEPAM

goatsestretchgoals has issued a correction as of 09:01 on Jul 1, 2020

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Mr Interweb posted:

He reports being extremely angry with his daughter at this point, as he has no recollection of agreeing to this treatment, while she explains that the whole family, including him, had discussed it and agreed to it, but that his memory of this was impaired. She reports the Russian doctor not understanding why they'd brought him there.

jesus christ

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
jorpazepam

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Jorpspawn: Lol, dad I know your completely off your tits on benzos but I think that we should go to Russia and put you in a coma because that would be hilarious.

The Lobster: I think my feet are hitler, they're eating my soul. Clean your room.

Jorpspawn: there's an anagram for I agree in there, let's do this!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

a whole family of dr nicks from the simpsons

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how dare you

dr nick was likeable

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Mr Interweb posted:

some heroic individual on reddit summarized the video for those of us who can't stomach listening to jorp for an hour ...

Not filled with great confidence that Jorp or Jorpette are reliable narrators or very clear on medical procedures.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Mr Interweb posted:

some heroic individual on reddit summarized the video for those of us who can't stomach listening to jorp for an hour:

the lesson here, kids, is stay the gently caress away from apple cider vinegar

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
http://n-gate.com/hackernews/2020/06/30/0/

Re: SSC

n-gate posted:

A pseudointellectual shuts down an empathy-removal training camp to deter the likelihood of spilling compromising information to detractors and ethics committees. Hackernews, many of whom took their first steps toward absolutely dehumanizing the Other in this very camp, sadly reminisces about the particular word salads that first showed them their own inherent greatness. Hackernews segments into several work crews: one to explain why all journalists should be exiled to outer space, one to make guesses about the 'real reason' the training camp was evacuated, one to bemoan the difficulty of maintaining anonymity in the face of highly-profitable shitposting under two-thirds of your actual name, and one to remind us that taking responsibility for the things we do and say is a wasteful hobby for stupid babies.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Hodgepodge posted:

at least those have the dignity to be run by actual dragons, complete with wings, firey breath, and an insatiable just for hoarding wealth

Wow I feel like a real big idiot only just now realizing that Dragons being the CEO's of Shadowrun Corps is analogous to D&D Dragons sitting on gold hoards lmfao

gently caress

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Pop quiz, who said this?

quote:

You have to admire Hitler! […] Because he was an organizational genius!

Obviously it’s Jordan B Peterson

you do not, in fact, “gotta hand it to them”

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Every one of my teachers in Canadian public school spoke about Hitler like a misguided genius, so the trench coat kids who were failing art class started goose stepping around school

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
There's a truly odd number of Nazi's who end up as public school teachers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018