Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

a fatguy baldspot posted:

has trump ever retweeted any Q stuff? i wonder how he feels about it, like it must be really weird for people to make up a conspiracy theory about you that has no basis in reality but youre the hero?

he has retweeted some cryptic poo poo about The Storm. at a minimum he and his campaign are aware of it and capitalizing on it and i wouldn’t be at all surprised if they have been actively spreading it via surrogates

also:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GuyDebored/status/1280014121904279553

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He's skirted really close to it and has RT'd accounts that are obsessed with it.

short answer: yes

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

he has retweeted some cryptic poo poo about The Storm. at a minimum he and his campaign are aware of it and capitalizing on it and i wouldn’t be at all surprised if they have been actively spreading it via surrogates

my read is that the trump campaign is well aware of it and spreads it via surrogates but that they've somehow gotten it through to trump himself to avoid anything explicitly supporting it. if he were entirely unaware, i would have expected him to at least accidentally retweeted it a few times, given how often he gets content from them otherwise

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

also:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GuyDebored/status/1280014121904279553

"ah surely this perpetually drunk idiot wouldn't make a mistake!!"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Azathoth posted:

my read is that the trump campaign is well aware of it and spreads it via surrogates but that they've somehow gotten it through to trump himself to avoid anything explicitly supporting it. if he were entirely unaware, i would have expected him to at least accidentally retweeted it a few times, given how often he gets content from them otherwise
Isn't a key part of the Q mythology that the President is doing all his good pedo-busting work in secret (except for the little hints and winks that he sends out to his apophenic Q fans)? If the President started actually openly talking up Q, that would upend the whole thing.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

FMguru posted:

Isn't a key part of the Q mythology that the President is doing all his good pedo-busting work in secret (except for the little hints and winks that he sends out to his apophenic Q fans)? If the President started actually openly talking up Q, that would upend the whole thing.

Nah they'd just shift the narrative

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Hoooooly loving poo poo I remember this dude. What a mess.

best one is where mcboobies explains she's a virgin because it keeps her value high

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

FMguru posted:

That's the explanation for why he doesn't come out and just talk about it, not the reason he doesn't talk about it. There's a particular strain which is actively working to get a reporter to ask him about it, under the belief that he would then be forced to publicly acknowledge everything if asked.

But, like CodfishCartographer said, even if he straight up said it's bullshit and anyone who believes it is a moron, they'd just spin it as what he needs to say to arrest Tom Hanks or Nikki Sixx or whoever the pedophile of the day is

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Trump doesn't have the attention span to actually sit and have someone explain the whole Q mythology to him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

FMguru posted:

You're giving them far more credit for consistency than they've ever deserved lmfao. There are definitely pockets of the community that already think Trump is openly acknowledging them and they are excited, not disillusioned. It's not a cogent belief system, it's Calvinball for online boomers.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Grape posted:

Trump doesn't have the attention span to actually sit and have someone explain the whole Q mythology to him.

Yeah, he 100% doesn't understand it, but I can believe he is capable of being trained not to interact with certain hashtags.

Or someone muted them on his account and he hasn't noticed / they told him they were something else, so our big wet boy just trundles along without a care in the world

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
There's really no upside to interacting with it, it's already a fervent cult devoted to him and his holy ghost equivalent. Doing anything besides letting them keep gassing themselves up just runs the risk of bursting the bubble. I guess unless he wanted to see if he could get them to kill or suicide en masse.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Who's the r*tard now?

don't worry he's also super racist and homophobic

man i had completely forgotten about this guy. absolutely amazin' stuff

I tracked down the Right Left Center 9/11 comic and I forgot the transposed twin towers behind the elephant in the last panel :laffo:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

There's really no upside to interacting with it, it's already a fervent cult devoted to him and his holy ghost equivalent. Doing anything besides letting them keep gassing themselves up just runs the risk of bursting the bubble. I guess unless he wanted to see if he could get them to kill or suicide en masse.

it would be hilarious if he heaven's gated a bunch of his followers

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Spergin Morlock posted:

it would be hilarious if he heaven's gated a bunch of his followers

I'm pretty sure he's going to top HG's 39 body count with just his rallies. And that's not counting poo poo like screwing up the initial testing, turning mitigation tactics into a partisan issue, or pushing everyone to re-open.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Azathoth posted:

q shirts in the parking lots of his rallies are like grateful dead shirts in a phish parking lot. iirc at first they let them get into camera shots, then they started managing the audience behind him and directly in camera shots so you would only see them in cutaways. in oklahoma recently they banned all q shirts and signs, but i imagine they won't do that again given the attendance issues there. not sure what they did at rushmore, i didnt see any reporting on it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Someday a reporter will ask him about it directly and the answer will be equally problematic for normal people and disappointing for Q-heads.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I tracked down the Right Left Center 9/11 comic and I forgot the transposed twin towers behind the elephant in the last panel :laffo:

oh hell yes. this is up there with victor von doom weeping over 9/11

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1279201732984049665

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Christ, JC really let himself go.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

its hard to say if trump is actively winking at q people on twitter or if theyve just become such a large part of #maga that their poo poo has leaked everywhere

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

oh my god JC

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Turns out he said "I'll take the gep gun" to a federal agent that wasn't his brother

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

What a shame.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

Turns out he said "I'll take the gep gun" to a federal agent that wasn't his brother
lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hatebag posted:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

at first i couldn't remember what you were talking about and then i took a big gulp of my neutraceutical beverage, which is actually cellular o2 on demand, and i remembered

the WWII era asian racial caricature is the artists avatar, so its ok guys, its not racist.

i'm spending an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out this comic

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm spending an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out this comic

the muscly man on the right is some actual real-world spokesman for the brand. the woman character is all worked up over him, because this is how the author thinks to hype this guy up.

there's four panels of dialog explaining who the guy is, then pivoting into how he's endorsing this dipshit water. then a fat turd shows up and yells a slur at the guy on the right, who decks him

you, the reader, are meant to identify with the muscly man, and be intrigued by what he vaguely says about the water. having that slur yelled at you by some fat turd is meant to be your greatest fear, but through the power of righteousness and the product, the muscly-man wins the day, and so do you

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

gamer webcomics are so cool. lookign back the 2000s really were just as naive as the 90s

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Suspicious posted:

best one is where mcboobies explains she's a virgin because it keeps her value high

The "best" one is where Chief Justice Roberts shoots Obama in the head at his inauguration and then it is revealed to all be a dream by the one black character.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

LordSaturn posted:

the muscly man on the right is some actual real-world spokesman for the brand. the woman character is all worked up over him, because this is how the author thinks to hype this guy up.

there's four panels of dialog explaining who the guy is, then pivoting into how he's endorsing this dipshit water. then a fat turd shows up and yells a slur at the guy on the right, who decks him

you, the reader, are meant to identify with the muscly man, and be intrigued by what he vaguely says about the water. having that slur yelled at you by some fat turd is meant to be your greatest fear, but through the power of righteousness and the product, the muscly-man wins the day, and so do you

If I remember correctly the fat trucker character was a transman that was making fun of how much of dumb bigot hapajap was, which is why theres a fake mustache leaping off their face in the comic

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

A SWAT takedown is always the most silent takedown

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Hatebag posted:

a nonlethal takedown is always the most silent takedown

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

This guy in a few years: Does that mean I don’t get the job?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

His name is literally JC Denton

cmon writers

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tiberius Christ posted:

If I remember correctly the fat trucker character was a transman that was making fun of how much of dumb bigot hapajap was, which is why theres a fake mustache leaping off their face in the comic

There's a prequel comic to that one.

https://twitter.com/CrainMakes/status/1099816785203867649?s=20

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

holy poo poo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He also had a disabled child at the time and refused to apologize for calling a gay colleague at DC the f-word, even though he may have been able to get work there again if he did so.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

while were on this topic i ahve to post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is that real, or a parody? With so many of them, it's impossible to tell.