Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this country would be a lot more whimsical if we'd elected a well-meaning retard instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/FanSince09/status/845366525687095296

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

seriously i got laid off today but this has more than made up for it

Robot or immigrant, friend?

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
TRUMP(63) - Those who understand strategy are sitting in awe of Trump the Master righ

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ET meets Brazzers

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
ART OF THE DEAL BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MR FUCKIN CLOSER HE THE CLOSER!!

:byodood:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

zen death robot posted:

I can't wait for the CBO to poo poo all over Trumps terrible tax plan lmao

theyll blame the bad score on the ahca failing. guaranteed.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

(a drooling cuckolded liberal) WOO! YEAH, WE WON!
(me, a wise conservative pundit) Those who understand strategy are sitting in awe of Trump the Master right now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

srs chat

i feel great for all the poeple who get to have decent healthcare for awhile more. its the most important thing.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

it's target painting. it's trump. he doesn't give a gently caress about bipartisanship. he just wants to be popular and blame other people when he's not.

yeah fair enough, and there was some GOP house guy on a news show the last night railing about bipartisanship and how democrats really should have come to the table. Definitely just talking points for them all to rewrite history of a loss contained entirely within their party. It's lmao pathetic though and I'm glad trump lost likea bitch

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I've been out of the loop for 3 hours, was there a vote? Trump was apparently pouting on tv?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

arcane rules

i think each dot in it makes you harder to keep records about, or at high levels to even remember???? might be a mechanical penalty to attempts to locate yr history

other than that functions as a normal background

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

srs chat

i feel great for all the poeple who get to have decent healthcare for awhile more. its the most important thing.

i think youll find actually the most important thing is winning

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

srs chat

Thanks, Obama

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Lol Trump: what did Democrats have to do with this? It's literally obvious to anyone watching that this was a GOP breakdown.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

A bit behind on this thread, but did someone say, "beware of Greeks bearing Bailey's"?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

I've been out of the loop for 3 hours, was there a vote? Trump was apparently pouting on tv?

Trump won

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/nyt_diff/status/845384279198715904

Prob smart to keep the press on your side but whatevs

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zen death robot posted:

I can't wait for the CBO to poo poo all over Trumps terrible tax plan lmao

It's going to be awhile. First we have to get through CR, which very well might lead to government shutdown. Have to raise the debt limit. Then a new budget resolution with reconciliation instructions. After all that, they can get started on tax reform. Wouldn't be shocked if we're in October before this is ready for final votes. And any unforeseen obstacles that push it into 2018 may end up sinking it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

trump pulled the vote and whined a bit, propaganda is immediately trying to deflect blame from trump so knives are out for paul ryan

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

euphronius posted:

srs chat

Concur. I am really happy about this.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

paul ryan pulled the bill and trump blamed the democrats

and now the trumpies are convincing themselves this is master strategy on trump's part lmao

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That DICK! posted:

this country would be a lot more whimsical if we'd elected a well-meaning retard instead

We did, circa 1976-1980

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

shiksa posted:

lol imagine feeling the need to insulate a 70 year old man from any criticism

we just pulled it :smugdon::fh:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao i just saw an ad supporting the ahca on msnbc

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

soup yourself turtle mcspermface

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

srs chat

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/845385004389666816
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/845385238628982784
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/845385515864068098
and more stories

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/SarahKSilverman/status/845386129197064192

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Nancy Pelosi is the real loser today.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FrensaGeran posted:

Robot or immigrant, friend?

How bout an immigrant doingb the robot

https://twitter.com/kalpenn/status/845377952607059969

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lol you sure this is the tactic you wanna go for mitch

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

those hrc tweets are legit choking me up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Clinton, after the election, remembers to care about people.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

zen death robot posted:

So what you're saying this will be the least effective first 100 days of any president that wasn't in a coma ever?

he'll accomplish almost as much as david rice atchison

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

we just pulled it :smugdon::fh:

sometimes i pull it so hard, i rip the skin

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Winkie01 posted:

someone copy and paste this please

President Trump called me on my cellphone on Friday afternoon at 3:31 p.m. At first I thought it was a reader with a complaint since it was a blocked number.

Instead, it was the president calling from the Oval Office. His voice was even, his tone muted. He did not bury the lede.

“Hello, Bob,” Trump began. “So, we just pulled it.”

Trump was speaking, of course, of the Republican plan to overhaul the Affordable Care Act, which had been languishing for days amid unrest throughout the party as the president and his allies have courted members and pushed for a vote.

Before I could ask a question, Trump plunged into his explanation of the politics of his decision to call off a vote on the bill he had been touting.

The Democrats, he said, were to blame.

“We couldn’t get one Democratic vote and we were a little bit shy, very little, but it was still a little bit shy, so we pulled it,” Trump said.

Trump said he would not put the bill on the floor in the coming weeks. Instead, he is willing to wait and watch the current law continue and, in his view, encounter problems. And he believes Democrats will eventually want to work with him on some kind of legislative fix to Obamacare, although he did not say when that would be.

[House Republican leaders abruptly pull their rewrite of the nation’s health-care law]

“As you know, I’ve been saying for years that the best thing is to let Obamacare explode and then go make a deal with the Democrats and have one unified deal. And they will come to us, we won’t have to come to them,” he said. “After Obamacare explodes.”

“The beauty,” Trump continued, “is that they own Obamacare. So when it explodes they come to us and we make one beautiful deal for the people.”

My question for the president: Are you really willing to wait to re-engage on health care until the Democrats come and ask for your help?

VIEW GRAPHIC
Which Republicans forced Trump to pull the health-care bill
“Sure,” Trump said. “I never said I was going to repeal and replace in the first 61 days” — contradicting his own statements and that of his own adviser, Kellyanne Conway, who told CNN in November that the then-president-elect was contemplating convening a special session on Inauguration Day to begin the process of repealing the Affordable Care Act.

Turning to an aide, Trump asked, “How many days is it now? Whatever.” He laughed.

Trump returned to the theme of blaming the Democrats.

“Hey, we could have done this,” he said. “But we couldn’t get one Democrat vote, not one. So that means they own Obamacare and when that explodes, they will come to us wanting to save whatever is left and we’ll make a real deal.”

There was little evidence that either Trump or House Republicans made a serious effort to reach out to Democrats.

Still, I wondered, why not whip some more votes this weekend and come back next week to the House with a revised piece of legislation?

“Well,” Trump said, “we could do that, too. But we didn’t do that. It’s always possible but we pulled it.”

Trump brought up the vote count. “We were close,” he said.

How close?

“I would say within anywhere from five to 12 votes,” Trump said — contradicting widespread reports that at least three dozen Republicans were opposed to the measure.

[There were at least three dozen Republicans opposed to the health-care bill

I said that must have hurt after all of his efforts. He made calls, had people over to the White House, invited House members on Air Force One. He may not have loved the bill but he embraced the push for passage.

“You’re right,” he said. “I’m a team player but I’ve also said the best thing politically is to let Obamacare explode.”

Trump said he made the decision to pull the bill after meeting Friday at the White House with House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.).

Was that a tense, tough conversation with Ryan, I asked?

“No, not tough,” Trump said. “It’s just life. We had great support among most Republicans but no Democratic votes, zero, not one.”

I mentioned to Trump that some of his allies were frustrated with Ryan. Did he share those frustrations, and would he be able to work with Ryan moving forward on plans to cut taxes and build an infrastructure package?

“I don’t blame Paul,” Trump said.

He then repeated the phrase: “I don’t blame Paul. He worked very hard on this.”

And again.

“I don’t blame Paul at all.”

As he waits for Democrats, I asked, what’s next on health care, if anything, policy-wise?

“Time will tell. Obamacare is in for some rough days. You understand that. It’s in for some rough, rough days,” Trump said.

He added, “I’ll fix it as it explodes. They’re going to come to ask for help. They’re going to have to. Here’s the good news: Health care is now totally the property of the Democrats.”

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
coma president's first 100 days would be less harmful imhpo

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I have two severely disabled family members who are poor and are on medicaid and it's good that they get to stay on it for the time being. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/845382076681588739

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/845384443875463169

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/845385316768923649

• Locked thread