Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Frankston posted:

St. Pauli boss couldn't be at the unveiling so someone wore his mask

heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Frankston posted:

St. Pauli boss couldn't be at the unveiling so someone wore his mask

lol

dex_sda posted:

I didnt know which thread this should go to, it's both terrible and amazingly good

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/15/cristiano-ronaldo-portugal-iceland-small-mentality

"We’d recommend Ronaldo take a long hard look at himself in the mirror if we didn’t know that he already spends several hours a day doing exactly that"

owned

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

It's pretty pathetic that people are treating Iceland like they won the match

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

straight up brolic posted:

They won 1-1 OP

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

It's because any reasonable person can identify the team that succeeded beyond expectations and the team that failed completely.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

They were throwing around that figure of 8% of the population being in France for the match, I'd say it's a fairly big deal to get any result for Iceland.

Don't they have like an app or something to find out if a fellow Icelander is related to you so you don't bang them?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

TheBigAristotle posted:

They were throwing around that figure of 8% of the population being in France for the match, I'd say it's a fairly big deal to get any result for Iceland.

Don't they have like an app or something to find out if a fellow Icelander is related to you so you don't bang them?

I believe the 8% comes from the fact that a total of 27,000 tickets to the Euros were sold by the Iceland FA.

And the app was a joke.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Real Name Grover posted:

Nice timing, camera man

Nice.

Photographers usually have a camera already set up there hooked up to a slave so when something like that happens, they press a button and it takes pictures. Really good shot though holy poo poo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Soulex posted:

Nice.

Photographers usually have a camera already set up there hooked up to a slave so when something like that happens, they press a button and it takes pictures. Really good shot though holy poo poo.

The Qatar World Cup isn't for 6 years Soulex.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

TheBigAristotle posted:

If you've been to Iceland, you know that this app does not exist.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

https://streamable.com/sw9j

I witnessed this glorious bit of sadness and refereeing in person last night as my wonderful LA Galaxy struggled mightily to beat an amateur side in the US Open Cup. Game ended 4-1, but holy poo poo we were bad.

I can't believe he let this goal stand.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Were you the ref? Because that stadium is literally empty.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Were you the ref? Because that stadium is literally empty.

Found him

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

pik_d posted:

Found him

LOL i hope that's him!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

pik_d posted:

Found him

not fat enough

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

^^True.

All of the supporters are on the camera side. They only opened one stand which is pretty normal for Open Cup games. It's basically like going to a non-league game in England.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

https://streamable.com/sw9j

I witnessed this glorious bit of sadness and refereeing in person last night as my wonderful LA Galaxy struggled mightily to beat an amateur side in the US Open Cup. Game ended 4-1, but holy poo poo we were bad.

I can't believe he let this goal stand.

This was the most chickenshit thing I've ever seen in a match and I watched Iceland/Portugal through the end.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I blame the referee more than anything. I'm sure most teams have tried things like this, but never expected to actually get away with it. I mean, we had a guy on the ground getting treatment for gently caress's sake. He even consulted with his 4th official.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I remember Liverpool scored a pretty cheap goal many years ago. Opponent had a free kick, and they kicked the ball forward slightly, presumably to put it in a better position for the FK. Torres then proceeded to steal the ball from them and scored from the ensuing 1-on-1 with the keeper. The ref basically said that the slight forward kick to reposition the ball counted as the team's free kick and the goal stood.

I remember thinking it was pretty unfair but I still lol'd all the same.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://www.facebook.com/neymarjr/videos/1090433887658960/

I think Neymar is cool now

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

that girl looks just like Neymar in drag

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

El Hefe posted:

Enjoy your wank

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I remember Liverpool scored a pretty cheap goal many years ago. Opponent had a free kick, and they kicked the ball forward slightly, presumably to put it in a better position for the FK. Torres then proceeded to steal the ball from them and scored from the ensuing 1-on-1 with the keeper. The ref basically said that the slight forward kick to reposition the ball counted as the team's free kick and the goal stood.

against sunderland iirc

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

And then there's this classic, featuring young Shay Given:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UeNGCNE2E4

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

El Hefe posted:

seriously that's what I thought

better be her sister or that's some weird rear end sex they're having

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I remember when Eto'o tried this and it was called back

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

pik_d posted:

I remember when Eto'o tried this and it was called back

Didn't he take the ball during the goalkeeper's bounce though?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

dkj posted:

Didn't he take the ball during the goalkeeper's bounce though?

The incident I'm thinking of, the keeper put it down, tapped it forward to get a few more yards on the kick, turned his back to get a runup, then Eto'o ran in and "scored".

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It would have been legal if the keeper's tap had taken the ball out of the 18-yard box, I think.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Vegetable posted:

It would have been legal if the keeper's tap had taken the ball out of the 18-yard box, I think.

I thought that was only for goal kicks, not free kicks from within the box?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lmao

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Italy is Albania

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex posted:

Italy is Albania

enjoy your ban

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

pik_d posted:

I thought that was only for goal kicks, not free kicks from within the box?

The ball has to leave the penalty area on any defensive FK for it to be in play.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

kippa posted:

And then there's this classic, featuring young Shay Given:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UeNGCNE2E4

Carsten Jancker once did the same thing in a game against 1860 (mute your sound for this video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73kaY3_rQR4

Cutsman
Apr 11, 2005

scissors on his fucking head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZliTt1GsKo

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
JAYFC — the man who brought us the A-League Blooper Reel — went ahead and made one for all of Oceania.

Lacks the Yakety Sax qualities of the A-League videos, but still pretty epic

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

love it :)