Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Haven't McLaren used like 90 engines this season already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GutBomb posted:

The Ferraris took the start, the mercs made mistakes shortly after, they made some more mistakes throughout the race, vettel was flawless, Kimi had car trouble, the mercs made some more mistakes, the end.

Vettel is always flawless when he's at the front with his teammate behind him. His driving only goes to poo poo when he's forced to race someone.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So exactly like Hamilton then?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Diet Crack posted:

So exactly like Hamilton then?
Uhhh, hasn't Lewis had to (and succeeded) to overtake to win many times?

Including Nico in the same car.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Jedit posted:

Vettel is always flawless when he's at the front with his teammate behind him.

This is one of the biggest compliments you can give a driver. Being unbeatable at the front is far better than being beatable at the front.

Jedit posted:

His driving only goes to poo poo when he's forced to race someone.

Like at the start you mean? He's had to fight for a chunk of his podiums this year, even if only against Kimi and the Williamseses.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Being honest here, Vettels half season with Ferrari has given me more respect for him than his Championship reign.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

RALF posted:

There were a lot of drunk Finns at the track screaming Kimi's name. Brainwrong would've killed himself if he was there.

Maybe we could all club together and buy him a ticket for next year

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Seriously, this is the third in a row.

Can we say 4 out of the past 5 instead? That way we can cover rain master supreme Jenson winning in 2011 in his 200th F1 race, at the track he got his first win 5 years prior :allears:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

HJB posted:

Like at the start you mean? He's had to fight for a chunk of his podiums this year, even if only against Kimi and the Williamseses.

Rocketing off the line is not a racing skill.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

You've given yourself away there Mark

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

Falken posted:

Uhhh, hasn't Lewis had to (and succeeded) to overtake to win many times?

Including Nico in the same car.

Hmmm overtaking shithouse cars in what is either the most dominant or second most dominant car ever made in F1? He must be the best ever.

Also my favourite Vettel overtake was this one race in Malaysia. :smugdog:

Jedit posted:

Rocketing off the line is not a racing skill.

Right, it's so irrelevant it isn't even part of racing. :ironicat:

Aqualung fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 27, 2015

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Having an illegal car is not a skill.

Vettel has never not had an illegal car.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Counterpoint: You cannot win if the car is not Illegal.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ukle posted:

There is only so much you can polish a turd, and that engine could well be beyond salvaging given they seem to have made no real progress increasing its power output all season, they just stopped it breaking after only a few laps. Honda are very very bad.

It is a pity as the last race results show, the McLaren car is VERY good this year, but its got the worst F1 engine since the 80's powering it.

The car is also bad, as Mclaren are poo poo.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Falken posted:

Being honest here, Vettels half season with Ferrari has given me more respect for him than his Championship reign.
Germans and Italians always do great things together

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Falken posted:

:agreed:

Something about Red Bull just makes me irrationally hate their drivers. Vettel seems like a completely different likeable person at Ferrari.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

:agreed:

Something about Red Bull just makes me irrationally hate their drivers. Vettel seems like a completely different likeable person at Ferrari.

what about scott speed?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Great race. Not a single Mercedes engine on the podium! Lewis and Nico both close to crying in post race interviews.

Loved it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

poo poo Farm posted:

what about scott speed?

Couldn't say. I only started watching in 2011 and any interest I've had in older races has been strictly limited to the 80s. From what I gather Red Bull started going downhill on the PR front around the time Vettel moved up from Toro Rosso, which I'm now starting to think had nothing to do with Vettel and everything to do with the fact they were winning regularly.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

1500quidporsche posted:

Couldn't say. I only started watching in 2011 and any interest I've had in older races has been strictly limited to the 80s.

Hipster as gently caress

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

Human Grand Prix posted:

Counterpoint: You cannot win if the car is not Illegal.
Counterpoint: Pastor Maldonado, Spain 2012

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Forza Jules

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Rosberg's tyre choice made no difference whatsoever, he was never going to pass Vettel.

Hell, did he manage to pass anyone at all in the whole race? I can't think of anyone.

Even with slicks Rosberg would still be a bad driver and a German foreigner who is not British and cheats

poty fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 27, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Something about Red Bull just makes me irrationally hate their drivers.
Not Ricky D. He's the best bogan.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Can't inline webms but it's well worth a click

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
the 80s were trash with two good drivers in prost and piquet having to deal with frauds like villeneuve, senna and mansell

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

poo poo Farm posted:

frauds like villeneuve

:reject:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

poo poo Farm posted:

the 80s were excellent with two good drivers in prost and piquet having to deal with frauds like senna and mansell

Agreed.

poo poo Farm posted:

frauds like villeneuve

How much glue have you been huffing?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

poo poo Farm posted:

the 80s were trash with two good drivers in prost and piquet having to deal with frauds like villeneuve, senna and mansell

Agreed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Not Ricky D. He's the best bogan.

He blows op

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

poo poo Farm posted:

This is incredibly canon, although its a shame Alboreto never won a wdc for the glorious Scuderia Ferrari pride of Italy.

Alain Post posted:

He blows op

Agreed.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

poo poo Farm posted:

I wanna kiss Prost and Piquet at the same time.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

track day bro! posted:

This is incredibly canon, although its a shame Alboreto never won a wdc for the glorious Scuderia Ferrari pride of Italy.

Agreed 1000%.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brainwrong posted:

Hipster as gently caress

I'm a hipster.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
1984 - 1998 was the golden period of F1 IMO

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
'92 and '94(from what I've seen anyway) are not very good.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
What an awesome loving race. I was so happy once Hammy torpedo'd Ricky-yard-tho because I knew it was over. The only thing that would have made it better is if he would have gotten beached in the gravel on lap 1.

Falken posted:

I wonder how much of his 2014 season was him making sure to do just poorly enough to get the opt-out of his RBR contract.

I think he still shows signs of weakness in overtaking and but there is no doubt the guy doesn't make mistakes driving out front.

Forza Anyone But Mercedes

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dreesemonkey posted:

What an awesome loving race. I was so happy once Hammy torpedo'd Ricky-yard-tho because I knew it was over. The only thing that would have made it better is if he would have gotten beached in the gravel on lap 1.

I wonder how much of his 2014 season was him making sure to do just poorly enough to get the opt-out of his RBR contract.

I think he still shows signs of weakness in overtaking and but there is no doubt the guy doesn't make mistakes driving out front.

Forza Anyone But Mercedes

I can't explain why Vettel did so poorly in the '14 RBR, particularly as it was the 2nd best car. I enjoyed this race too, despite not being too fond of the Hungaroring in general. It's my favourite race this season.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
^^
He had gently caress all time in the car. The pre-season tests went really bad for him..

1500quidporsche posted:

Agreed.

How much glue have you been huffing?

I agree with everything 1500quidporsche said or agreed with.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Human Grand Prix posted:

I can't explain why Vettel did so poorly in the '14 RBR, particularly as it was the 2nd best car. I enjoyed this race too, despite not being too fond of the Hungaroring in general. It's my favourite race this season.

First year without a rear blown defusor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Germans and Italians always do great things together

Until America comes around. Lookout fascists, HAAS 2016 WCC :911:

dreesemonkey posted:

I read the first few posts after the race aired and thought Hamilton totally ate poo poo on the first lap - I was so excited. Slightly let down that he didn't bin the car, but him running off into the gravel was equally satisfying.

• Locked thread