Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Last Call posted:

Watched a vid the other night and found out the company who did the CGI for seasons 4 and above and the Crusade spinoff also did Voltron: The Third Dimension.

When Crusade got axed it killed the company and that in turn killed Voltron: The Third Dimension.

The world's a funny place.

Thinking on 3D Galen, I can totally see how they're made by the same studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

That makes me think of something.

The first season intro had Sinclair mentioning how "It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind" like it shows on the comic cover, there.

They just TOTALLY left us all in the dark for over four seasons on what that meant, didn't they? We had to wait until the end of the Shadow War to find out it was:

First Age: Stuck on our planets/solar system.
Second Age: Amongst the stars, but just playthings/pawns for the First Ones
Third Age: Finally 'On Our Own' in the galaxy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here is issue 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Issue 4!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

A nice vid collating all the info (made & unmade) on the Telepath War: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8sIl361sM

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

That makes me think of something.

The first season intro had Sinclair mentioning how "It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind" like it shows on the comic cover, there.

They just TOTALLY left us all in the dark for over four seasons on what that meant, didn't they? We had to wait until the end of the Shadow War to find out it was:

First Age: Stuck on our planets/solar system.
Second Age: Amongst the stars, but just playthings/pawns for the First Ones
Third Age: Finally 'On Our Own' in the galaxy.

Hmm yeah. But also, calling it "the Third Age" was one of the most immediately obvious Tolkien references among many. I did not particularly expect the term to be explained over the course of the show.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
RIP my babylon 5 avatar.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

RIP my babylon 5 avatar.

"In memory still bright". :pressf:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

RIP my babylon 5 avatar.

A.o.D. have a look at this:

Cyrano4747 posted:

Well, one thing I will note is that some people put some real effort into their avs but also don't have a locally saved copy. I've talked with one person who had done some pretty serious tweaking to an av that just looked like a screen grab from a TV show to make it more av-appropriate, and were pretty frustrated by it all.

My advice is to always have a local copy of an av you care about. That said, if that poo poo has already happened, here's a tool you can use to find your last couple of avs: https://goons.neocities.org/

It's not perfect, but I was able to use it to help out the goon I mentioned above.

No idea if that could help. :kiddo:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I don't really care that much. I'll get a new one when I'm feeling it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A.o.D. posted:

I don't really care that much. I'll get a new one when I'm feeling it.

This the one?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Ahh, classical art.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

This the one?

The one true god, very frustrating. :D

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I tried leaving a saucer of milk for it once in honor of its divinity.

I ended up with a banana cream pie in the face for my offering.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Last Call posted:

I tried leaving a saucer of milk for it once in honor of its divinity.

I ended up with a banana cream pie in the face for my offering.

Should've invited G'Kar to watch instead of Delenn, he'd have loved it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jedit posted:

This the one?

Such a dethpicable image.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Should've invited G'Kar to watch instead of Delenn, he'd have loved it.

Invite Londo and the whole course of galactic history might have changed.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It was the dawn of the Third Age of MankindRabbit Season

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It was the dawn of the Third Age of MankindDuck Season

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind Rabbit Season duck season Rabbit Season.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

A.o.D. posted:

It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind Rabbit Season duck season Rabbit Season Rabbit Season.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.

Baron von der Loon posted:

It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind Rabbit Season duck season Rabbit Season Rabbit SeasonDUCK SEASON!

You're dethpicable.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ravenson posted:

You're dethpicable.

Yes yes. I’m also wascally. I declare OPEN Season!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Every time I drive through downtown Atlanta (as I did on Saturday) and I go between the Turner building and Williams Street and see the giant gold owl up there I get a little verklempt about how loving weird and kind of magic the 90s were.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I finally got to watch The Road Home. Definitely not as disappointing as The Lost Tales was. The replacement voice actors were definitely of varying quality. I do have a question, just to make sure I got the right read on it, spoiler tags just to be polite.

That last universe "our" Sheridan was in before Delenn rescues him, with Lochley and Sinclair present as Earth Force ship Captains. That's the universe the reboot is going to take place in if it ever gets off the ground, right?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Q_res posted:

I finally got to watch The Road Home. Definitely not as disappointing as The Lost Tales was. The replacement voice actors were definitely of varying quality. I do have a question, just to make sure I got the right read on it, spoiler tags just to be polite.

That last universe "our" Sheridan was in before Delenn rescues him, with Lochley and Sinclair present as Earth Force ship Captains. That's the universe the reboot is going to take place in if it ever gets off the ground, right?

No, but some future side stories might. And maybe the potential reboot could acknowledge the existence of a multiverse in some way.

I believe JMS has said that The Road Home is not connected to the reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Q_res posted:

No. JMS said if they do more cartoons he's thinking about exploring that one, but the reboot is a completely different thing.