Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

One of my favorite aspects of Right Wing Media is that by going on it, you put a spotlight on your career and things like this happen

https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/1289282217068331008?s=19

I highly doubt any of this happened, after looking at the website (link embedded in the article). ETA: Also, it's the loving Blaze.

If this person was actually employed as a doctor, she was already a quack from the beginning. Turns out it's bad press to go public with quackery.

I suppose at-will employment is also the left-wing's fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

People looked into it and it doesn't look like she was actually practicing anywhere.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

OneEightHundred posted:

I'd guess the vast majority of Americans have never heard of van Buren, Tyler, Polk, Taylor, Pierce, Hayes, Arthur, or Harrison.

Basically any president before Theodore Roosevelt is only taught well if they were involved in a major war.

thanks for teaching us about Van Buren, oldmanmurray

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Polk should probably be a more well-known figure than he is (in spite of They Might Be Giants best efforts). In terms a pure nakedly aggressive expansion, no President can match him.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

letthereberock posted:

Polk should probably be a more well-known figure than he is (in spite of They Might Be Giants best efforts). In terms a pure nakedly aggressive expansion, no President can match him.

He's not the most familiar, but he was an honest if unexciting president. He fought the Mexican War and added a great amount of territory to the United States. He saw every bit of his platform become law. He was a good, hardworking man who deserves a better reputation.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
LBJ might have him beat on aggressively expansive nakedness

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

letthereberock posted:

Lol?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I feel this is relevant to selective history learnin conversation
https://twitter.com/Staunty87/status/1288078714086064129?s=09

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

twistedmentat posted:

=I love how he died because he refused to wear a coat during his speech which lasted like 3 hours in the middle of January and then proceeded to get dead drunk at the ball that night.

I don't think that's the prevailing theory anymore. His symptoms came way too late for that to be the case.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You can learn everything you want and more about the presidents in D&D's Presiden'ts Day Thread!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

We only really learn about the important presidents.

I prefer Presidents who don't get assassinated.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

BiggerBoat posted:

I prefer Presidents who don't get assassinated.

I prefer the ones who haven't yet surrendered to death like cowards.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Do you learn about kings?

Not really, no. One or two relevant ones who did important things, but that's it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

This was FOX News' headline regarding the full body cam footage of George Floyd's murder being released

"Police bodycam footage of George Floyd arrest leaked, published despite public distribution being prohibited"

Speaks for itself I think

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
If that footage of an adult man begging for his life doesn't break your heart, congrats, you're an enemy of humanity. I'm so disgusted to be an American.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

If that footage of an adult man begging for his life doesn't break your heart, congrats, you're an enemy of humanity. I'm so disgusted to be an American.

No, you see, he "resisted arrest" by being cuffed too tightly, shoved forcibly and yanked around instead of spending thousands of dollars on lawyers defending himself from a white collar crime and therefore deserved to be murdered. Those poor heavily armed policemen fearing for their lives. Try to keep up here.

Coming up on FOX News Tonight: The REAL George Floyd the Liberal Media Doesn't Want you to See!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Speechless

https://youtu.be/32bUBpKfCd0

Prager is a sex predator

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1287950579357032449?s=20

Also

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1290327461008375809?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 6, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I'm always amused by the most useless of people advocating meritocracy. Like seriously what the gently caress does Charlie Kirk think he does that's worthy of any sort of merit.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

I'm always amused by the most useless of people advocating meritocracy. Like seriously what the gently caress does Charlie Kirk think he does that's worthy of any sort of merit.

Well, once or twice a month he can greenlight a two minute video, or put out something with his face on it.

What do you have against content creators???

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Angry_Ed posted:

Charlie Kirk couldn't make it to West Point so he blamed it on affirmative action.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Charlie Kirk will never face the facts, because he's got a tiny face.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"Privileged brats"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lebron-james-los-angeles-home-vandalized-n-word-graffiti-n766651

No matter how rich and famous and successful these men are to a sizable portion of the population they'll always be that word.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1291451196327317506?s=19

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Welcome to a loving decade ago at minimum, Twitter

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Speechless

https://youtu.be/32bUBpKfCd0

Prager is a sex predator

My favorite comments reply was "Ok Groomer".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/dineshdsouza/status/1291754313556131841

poo poo like this will never not be annoying yet funny. its such bad faith bullshit. trump is a dumb silverspoon NYC dickhead who sucked Mafia rear end in a top hat all through his life and is now just a dumb fox news grandpa except dumber and worse. its like if he accidentally pronounced caesar in the roman style instead of the anglo style and suddenly its because he is smart and knows history.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Hostile incomprehension? The man is a slobbering pile of pig poo poo that can't even stand properly. He's the epitome of the term "simpleton". That's his appeal to the largest sub-set of his base so much so that they'll tell you that with a sense of pride. And I especially like D'Souza's idea that Trump is somehow well-travelled, in the traditional sense. Yeah, sure, he's probably been to Italy. But right around the time anybody else would be visiting the Sistine Chapel Trump was out loving somebody not his wife or just standing around somewhere for a photo op forgetting where he even was. I loving can't stand D'Souza.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

does it label any similar organizations like this? Is BBC labeled?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

tek79 posted:

Hostile incomprehension? The man is a slobbering pile of pig poo poo that can't even stand properly. He's the epitome of the term "simpleton". That's his appeal to the largest sub-set of his base so much so that they'll tell you that with a sense of pride. And I especially like D'Souza's idea that Trump is somehow well-travelled, in the traditional sense. Yeah, sure, he's probably been to Italy. But right around the time anybody else would be visiting the Sistine Chapel Trump was out loving somebody not his wife or just standing around somewhere for a photo op forgetting where he even was. I loving can't stand D'Souza.

yeah, as a history nerd i hate his bad faith garbage because folks like him try to have it both ways. like jackson is the evil secret past of the DNC that proves they are secret nazis Islamist Marxists but the next min its "look how awsome jackson is" i know its because they don't believe in poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's more deranged than the Q stuff.

He's incomprehensible because he's profoundly stupid. As David Roth put it why what Trump says is so bizarre isn't because he's the first person to say it - he's the first person to think it.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 7, 2020

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

does it label any similar organizations like this? Is BBC labeled?

lol

take a guess

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HiroProtagonist posted:

lol

take a guess

Lol it's literally just China and Russia, even China's foriegn ministry got a label

https://twitter.com/comradekelley/status/1291404569931591681

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's more deranged than the Q stuff.

He's incomprehensible because he's profoundly stupid. As David Roth put it why what Trump says is so bizarre isn't because he's the first person to say it - he's the first person to think it.

well part of it much like the Q poo poo is them having to make a positive excuse on "why trump do dumb poo poo again" questions. so its secretly that trumps a big brain cultured renaissance man gary stu. the q stuff comes off as sad because its clearly sad old conservative boomers looking for meaning in their lives and dying culture and why trump is a big dumb gently caress up without having to realize that they were wrong. dinish and co are just bad faith grifters who will move on the second trump falls to the next bigot messiah.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, as a history nerd i hate his bad faith garbage because folks like him try to have it both ways. like jackson is the evil secret past of the DNC that proves they are secret nazis Islamist Marxists but the next min its "look how awsome jackson is" i know its because they don't believe in poo poo.

See: the rhetorical whiplash they constantly do between "democrats did slavery" and "the CSA was good actually"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

poo poo like this will never not be annoying yet funny. its such bad faith bullshit. trump is a dumb silverspoon NYC dickhead who sucked Mafia rear end in a top hat all through his life and is now just a dumb fox news grandpa except dumber and worse. its like if he accidentally pronounced caesar in the roman style instead of the anglo style and suddenly its because he is smart and knows history.

But I have it it on good authority that all those rich elitist NY types are real assholes who out of touch with the common man.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Okay, now let's ask him about how to pronounce "Pakistan".

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Pssh, even in New York nobody thought Trump was more then a trust fund kid on steroids.

Whinny jagoffs been pissing away his dad's redline fortune since day one, he couldn't make a buck selling Coca Cola in Atlanta.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I suspect that at this point it's now a "Owning the Libs" sort of thing, which miiiight actually make it even dumber?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Taerkar posted:

I suspect that at this point it's now a "Owning the Libs" sort of thing, which miiiight actually make it even dumber?

i always found the "owning libs" poo poo dumb 1. because most of the time in involves some variety of genuin bigotry and 2. its low hanging fruit. "wow, you pissed off a liberal on twitter, what big strong man, you are". anyone can do that and not even be a bigot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah I have lived in SE Asia, been to Thailand many times, heard Thai-speakers say "Thailand", heard native English-speakers from all over the English-speaking world say "Thailand", heard local non-Thai-speaking nonnative-English-speaking people say "Thailand" in English and nobody says "Thigh-land".

Occasionally you'll hear English-speakers pronounce Thai place names like Phuket with an F instead of a P sound, but that's only people who have never been there or heard it pronounced correctly, not people who go there all the time obviously. Because if you go there you hear how people pronounce it and then you stop saying it wrong so you don't sound like a n00b.

Pronouncing every th you see like th in "thigh" is not actually an English rule and not what any English speaker actually does anyway (see: thyme, outhouse, lighthouse, lightheaded, knighthood, would love to hear D'Souza say those words)

BiggerBoat posted:

But I have it it on good authority that all those rich elitist NY types are real assholes who out of touch with the common man.

No see those liberal elites who look down on you for supporting Trump, in reality they're just jealous of him and resent that he's so much better than them that he (and by extension, you) can look down on them!

Taerkar posted:

Yeah that's what it is, it's not about saying the truth, or even believing what you're saying is the truth, or even making other people think it's the truth. It's about "winning" by never backing down because to them that shows strength. As long as they keep smugly repeating a lie while you impotently argue how wrong they are with Facts and Logic, then they win and you lose.

It's real authoritarian 1984 poo poo. Truth is whatever the strong say it is.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 8, 2020